10 Best Hotels To Stay In Rio Del Mar California – Top Hotel Reviews
Rio Del Mar California is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Rio Del Mar California. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rio Del Mar California. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rio Del Mar California. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Rio Del Mar California right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Rio Del Mar California with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Rio Del Mar California:
One of our best sellers in Santa Cruz! This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Within a 10 minute drive of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Pleasure Point, this Santa Cruz inn offers accommodations with charming décor and free Wi-Fi in all rooms. Kayaking, boating and fishing opportunities are available nearby.Equipped with a flat-screen cable TV, every room provides a sitting area and a private bathroom. Antique furnishings are featured throughout this quaint inn.Nestled by trees, this inn features a backyard garden for guests to enjoy. A terrace is also available in the backyard at Inn Harbor.Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History is a 5 minute drive away. Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is a 45 minute drive from Harbor Inn.
- Loved that it was next to the Harbor Cafe, an excellent location for breakfast.
- Good value lodging for the Santa Cruz area. Staff are very accommodating and the facility is very comfortable. Convenient location to the harbor. Nice landscaping and pretty gardens.
- It wasn’t in a area that was too hectic, but still close to downtown and everything else. The set up of the rooms were very nice. They made you feel very relaxed and cozy. Lots of windows! Loved it! Would come here again. ^_^
- Very cosy, big room with dining table and a sink, new bath tub.
- It was very quaint, quiet and a very comfortable room! Will be back.
Sea & Sand Inn
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Within a 10-minute walk of Santa Cruz Wharf and Boardwalk, this hotel features rooms with free Wi-Fi. It has a 24-hour front desk and free guest parking.A TV and a DVD player are featured in each room at Sea & Sand Inn. All rooms provide a sitting area and a private bathroom. Each room offers a sea view.Guests at Inn Sea & Sand can enjoy a daily continental breakfast with fresh baked goods, boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit salad, coffee, tea and juicesMonterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center is a 5-minute walk from Sea & Sand Inn. The University of California Santa Cruz is 2 miles away.
- Amazing location, great staff, and they supply snacks and refreshments regularly!
- How fantastic was your place. Clean rooms. Yum food and wine. Staff awesome. Ambiance view….gosh I can’t say enough. Booked for next year and extra night. Luvs and thanks
- Loved it all! Location was awesome the staff was awesome rooms and grounds were clean
Excellent location! Friendly Staff
Very clean rooms and grounds. Going back next year
- Location, room amenities/cleanliness, and Staff.
Casablanca Inn on The Beach
One of our best sellers in Santa Cruz! This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located across the street from the Santa Cruz Wharf and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Casablanca Inn on The Beach overlooks Monterey Bay. Free WiFi and ocean views are featured in all rooms.Each room includes a TV with cable channels, a coffee machine, a refrigerator, and an en suite bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Linens and towels are also provided.Offering ocean view outdoor dining options, Sawasdee by the Sea features Thai cuisine for lunch or dinner daily. To-go menus are also offered at Casablanca Inn.Concierge services are also available to guests.Marine Discovery Center Museum is 3.1 miles away. San Jose International Airport is 40 minutes’ drive away from Casablanca Inn on the Beach.
- Everything was great. The view was perfect. The heater works ok, not the best.
- Quaint property with remodeled rooms in super location. Great Thai restaurant on site.
- We will definitely come back, this was our 1 year wedding anniversary
We arrived late at night, tired and a little dishevelled in the dark. The gentleman on reception was extremely kind and informative. He gave us a choice of 2 rooms as one was without loads of stairs and had a fire place. Room overlooked the beach, was spacious with a lovely covered balcony.
He allowed us to view both rooms before we made a decision. He had excellent local knowledge too.
Location is right at the start of the pier and not too long walk to the boardwalk.
Beds nice and comfy!
- Chairs outside room facing beach. Close to restaurant.
Cliff Crest Inn
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Cliff Crest Inn offers accommodations in Santa Cruz, just 26 miles from Monterey. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a private bathroom.San Jose is 27 miles from Cliff Crest Inn, and Carmel is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 28 miles from Cliff Crest Inn.
- My husband and I loved our stay. We were delighted with the room and enjoyed the company of the owners Ariana and Constantine. They were so sweet and lovely and we enjoyed getting to know them.
- Quaint and quiet. The entire staff (Constantine and Beatriz) were the most wonderful hosts EVER.
- charming , thoughtful owners, warm and comfortable furnishings Delicious breakfast!
- Great location, close to downtown and the beach/wharf. Adriana and Gehriger were very welcoming and shared the history of their house and the city.
- Everything was absolutely marvelous! My boyfriend and I were celebrating our three year commitment to one another and will definitely stay there again!
Howard Johnson Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located a short walk from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, this California hotel features beautiful ocean views and a hot tub. Free Wi-Fi and a continental breakfast are included in all guest rooms.All rooms at the Howard Johnson Inn-Fisherman’s Wharf-Santa Cruz include a flat-screen TV with cable. Comfortably furnished, the bright rooms feature a fridge and microwave.For added convenience, laundry facilities are available at the Howard Johnson Inn. Vending machines offering snacks and beverages are on site.The University of California Santa Cruz is a 12 minute drive from the hotel. The Santa Cruz Wharf is a short walk away.
- The room is freshly furnitured which gives nice impression. The bed was comfortable. Location is perfect, in very quiet place but just next to the beach and pier. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
- I liked how clean it was. And I liked that it had a kitchen. I didn’t even know it was going to have a kitchen. What a great price.
- The view and location were excellent. You can see the ocean and wharf from the 2nd floor balcony. The family running the place were very nice and I liked having a hot waffle breakfast every morning.
- Clean, close to boardwalk, easy to get in and out of.
- We stayed in a balcony room with a view of the Ocean. Can’t go wrong with that!!
Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Built in the early 1900s, Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages is located on a quiet cul-de-sac that ends at Monterey Bay’s unique Sunny Cove Beach. The inn’s cul-de-sac location minimizes traffic and provides for a relaxing and safe beach stay. The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is 10 minutes’ drive away.The inn is centrally located between downtown Santa Cruz and Capitola. Roaring Camp Railroad, Henry Cowell Redwood Forest and University of California Santa Cruz are within 20 minutes’ drive of Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages. There are also many great wineries in nearby and Santa Cruz schedules great events throughout the year. Singer-songwriters Neil Diamond and John Denver frequented Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages and wrote some of their most beloved songs here.Ocean Echo Inn offers rooms in the main house. These rooms have flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, and microwaves. Cottages surrounding the house also offer fully-equipped kitchens. Select cottages have private patios and balconies with ocean views. BBQ facilities are available for guest use. Select cottages are friendly for small dogs (an additional fee applies).
- The staff was very helpful with suggestions for food and attractions.The kitchenette in the rooms was also a determiner in staying for a longer duration.
- Great location, parking is not easy, no one else was there and I ask for a noon check out and they were not ok with that!! The desk person was very rude. It does have a private beach. The breakfast was marginal! Most likely not to go back, I like to deal with polite people, especially when the room is going for $190.00.
- Our room (#15) was a cozy beach cottage that I never wanted to leave. I loved everything about it. The Jet Tub was amazing – and a kitchen! We will back over and over!
- The location is absolutely stunning. A beautiful quiet cove, clean beach, just stunning. The owner was super friendly and gave excellent recommendations for local restaurants. We would have stayed longer if we could.
- The location of this hotel is perfect! Love walking down to the beach in the morning. The stuff we’re extremely friendly. I will be returning.
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. This Santa Cruz hotel features an outdoor pool with cabanas available and fire-pits for guest use. A restaurant and bar is on site. The modern rooms feature an iPod docking station and a cable TV.All rooms are soundproof at Hotel Paradox, and bathrobes are provided for each guest. A sitting area and tea and coffee-making facilities are featured in each spacious room. Free Wi-Fi is available.Solaire Restaurant and Bar is on site and features local wine and beer. Guests can enjoy farm to table ingredients and a seasonal menu.A fitness center is on site and a lending library is available to browse at Paradox Hotel. A concierge service is provided for the hotel to assist guests with dinner reservations and area attractions.Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is less than a 10 minute drive from the hotel. Capital Village is 5.5 miles away, and Pacific Avenue with boutique shops and stores is just a 15 minute walk from the property.
- The breakfast was fantastic. The bed was really comfortable and the property was beautiful.
- We like the security and updates at this hotel. It’s very modern, thoughtfully designed and appointed, and the rooms are comfortable and quiet.
- I requested a room with a tub, and my request was accommodated. The room was very nice, and everything was in working order. Loved the Illy coffee! The bar/hot tub were also excellent, and all staff members were friendly and helpful.
- Awesome bed . Very nice bathroom .. super clean .. property was very well maintained ..
- The hotel is very lovely and clean, and the staff was great. It was a freezing cold night and our heater didn’t seem to work. We had enough blankets. The staff graciously gave us a significant discount on the room as a result. I felt the issue was handled professionally and wisely. It’s actually my second time at this hotel, and I would return.
Monarch Cove Inn
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, Monarch Cove Inn is located in Capitola. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Monterey is 26 miles from Monarch Cove Inn, and San Jose is 25 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 27 miles from the property.
Room was very roomy and clean. The view was AMAZING even when it was overcast.
Breakfast in the room was outstanding!
- Old world charm, quiet and secluded but close to all amenities
- Delicious continental breakfast brought to our room. Close to walk along cliffs and beach and located in a quiet neighborhood. Beautiful location overlooking the Monterey Bay and ideal for a wedding or special event.
- Loved the continental breakfast delivered to the room each day. The room was clean and comfortable. The property is probably better enjoyed during warmer weather…but we had an excellent view of the gardens and the ocean. It was a nice break in February from our Missouri winter.
- The house is located in a very nice place close to the ocean. Very quiet area. The apartments was very clean.
- Room was very roomy and clean. The view was AMAZING even when it was overcast.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz – Capitola
One of our best sellers in Santa Cruz! This Capitola hotel is a 10-minute drive from central Santa Cruz and New Brighton State Beach. It features an outdoor pool, and spacious suites with 32-inch flat-screen TVs and an iPod dock.A microwave, mini-fridge and coffee-maker are standard in every modern suite at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Santa Cruz-Capitola. All suites include free Wi-Fi and a sitting area with sofa bed.A daily buffet breakfast is served at the Santa Cruz Fairfield Inn. It has hot and cold items, as well as coffee, tea and juice.Free access to the hot tub and on-site gym is available to all guests of the Fairfield Inn. Parking is also free.The Santa Cruz Surfing Museum is 5 miles from the hotel. Long Maine Aquarium is 7 miles away.
- Everything was good. The Breakfast was perfect. Great service. Thank you!
- convenient location to beach. Has clean pool/hot tub. Quiet. Nice bar and bartender!
I got a larger room than I needed but considered it a good value for the price. I was on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet with a good view out the large window. The blackout curtains were very effective. The ventilation system is amazing–no noise and very good temp control. Hot water was quick and plentiful. The parking is inside a locked garage in the basement so the car is safe and secure.
I have been visiting SC for the last 20 years and have tried most of the motels over the years but never found the one that met all my requirements for comfort. This is now my go-to choice for future visits.
Bed very comfy. Excellent facilities in the room.
Breakfast was self service, but good variety of choices available.
All staff greeted me when I passed them in corridors, reception etc. Friendly.
- Nice heated pool and jacuzzi . Great breakfast. Very friendly staff.
Rodeway Inn Watsonville
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Rodeway Inn Watsonville offers accommodations in Watsonville.Certain rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. A TV with satellite channels is featured.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monterey is 22 miles from Watsonville Inn, and Carmel is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Mineta San Jose International Airport, 34 miles from Rodeway Inn Watsonville.
- I liked that the room smelled clean , the mini fridge kept my drinks cold , the night staff was very friendly and I liked how spacious our room was.
- We are always treated very nice and the room is big and very also. We go about every 2 months and we’re always happy staying there. The management is fantastic. They are also pet friendly which is wonderful.
- No eggs; only pastries, toast; basic continental, nothing warm
- I loved the staff they were super helpful and super friendly. I loved the cleanliness .
- The cleanliness , the location and the staff was so friendly so helpful
Top Hotels In Rio Del Mar California Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Rio Del Mar California to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Rio Del Mar California but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Rio Del Mar California. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!