10 Best Hotels To Stay In Rinde Sogn og Fjordane – Top Hotel Reviews
Rinde Sogn og Fjordane is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Rinde Sogn og Fjordane. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Rinde Sogn og Fjordane. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Rinde Sogn og Fjordane. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Rinde Sogn og Fjordane right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Rinde Sogn og Fjordane with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Rinde Sogn Og Fjordane:
Leikanger Fjord Hotel
Located in Leikanger, 26 miles from Myrkdalen , Leikanger Fjord Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a TV with satellite channels. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. Each room comes with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Free use of bicycles is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Sogndal is 11 miles from Leikanger Fjord Hotel, and Flåm is 25 miles away.
- A lovely location overlooking the Fjord with friendly hosts. The food and service was excellent. Lovely garden and balcony to relax. Our host was even nice to an Aston Villa fan!
- Great spot, easy access to sights very nice staff.
- Marvellous location, very helpful staff and local beer in the fridge. Nothing bad to say about dinner/breakfast either. Highly recommended.
- The room was very nice and spacious with spectacular views
Hotel is right next to the fjord. Location is great in the small and quiet city. I traveled by plane to Sogndal airport and rented a car so it was very convenient.
Rooms are in the good size and new. Toilet is great, just need to have the foot towel.
Buffet dinner is not included in the room rate, but price is very reasonable for Norway standard. Food variety is plenty covering all kind e.g. beef, pork, chicken, fishes, salad and dessert.
We met the property owner, who greeted us and so kind to provided travel information.
We feel fortunate to be able to book the hotel and cannot wait to visit the property again.
Sognefjord Hotel offers accommodations in Hermansverk. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a private bathroom.The hotel also provides free use of bicycles. Myrkdalen is 27 miles from Sognefjord Hotel, and Sogndal is 9 miles away.
- The hotel was great, amazing surroundings & excellent staff. I went out of season so the place was lovely and quiet. Getting to and from the place was so picturesque.
- The location is absolutely beautiful! Staff are very helpful.
- God og rikelig utvalg til frokost.Stille og rolig pga lite gjester akkurat da.
- Hotel anni ’70 ma ristrutturato, camere spaziose e pulite, vista sul fiordo,letto comodo e grande. Nella hall ricostruzione di arredamento tipico norvegese antico, molto caratteristico e curioso. Hotel affaccia su bel fiordo ed è possibile fare gradevoli passeggiate al porto e anche al paese. Al ristorante a buffet si mangia bene e la colazione è buona.
Featuring impressive views of Sognefjord, this peaceful family-run hotel is just 1,300 feet from the Dragsvik ferry terminal. It offers traditional Norwegian cuisine, free WiFi access and free private parking.All guest rooms at Dragsvik Fjordhotel have a private bathroom and views of the fjord and surrounding mountains. Some rooms have a kitchenette.The Fjordhotel provides bicycle rental and access to laundry facilities. Guests can relax and mingle in the common lounge.Guests can enjoy relaxing walks in the surroundings, or go hiking or fishing. Located on the National Tourist Route along Gaularfjellet.A shuttle service via Esefjord to and from the village of Balestrand can be organised in advance for up to 8 guests. Balestrand centre is just 6.2 miles away.
- Excellent room, great location, superb beds, great food.
- The family room was really spacious. With sofas & dining table & kitchen
- The views are remarkable from every room and sitting spot on the property. Beds were very cozy and the bathrooms were extremely clean and large. Breakfast was delicious and it was very easy to pack a lunch to take with you. Staff were friendly and were happy to help in anyway possible to ensure you enjoyed your stay.
- Desk personal were most helpful. Lots of room ( we were upgraded). Food excellent for dinner. Eager to pack a breakfast as we were leaving extra early. Hotel right next to ferry
- the room was fantastic, facing the fjord, very spacious.
This family-run hotel is in Balestrand, by the Sogne Fjord. It has a large garden, a private beach and panoramic fjord views. Each quiet guest room includes a private bathroom.All of Balestrand Hotel’s rooms have a seating area. Some have a balcony looking over the fjord, while others look back towards the mountains.A daily breakfast buffet is available. WiFi and on-site private parking are free. Free luggage transportation from Balestrand’s ferry terminal is also possible.Sogndal is a 1-hour drive from Hotel Balestrand, while Bergen is reached in 3 hours by car. The Nigard Glacier is within 2 hours’ drive.
- We were delighted with the Balestrand Hotel. The manager, Unni-Marie, was extremely helpful starting with her full responses to my initial emails with my concerns about connecting with the Gudvangen car ferry. Her daughter met us at the dock when we arrived on the ferry from Bergen and Unni-Marie drove us to the bus stop on our early morning departure (the packed breakfast was excellent and provided me with lunch as well). She also gave us ample advice about Balestrand. Our room was comfortable and the view from the hotel is superb.
- Skimpy breakfast offerings, coldcuts were doled out 10 slices at a time, no fruits: orange was 6 slices, from one orange
- The water at the beach in the fjord was pretty cold but invigorating. The owner was extremely helpful in giving us route information for a scenic drive.
- Family run hotel with friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was very good. Fewer options than some larger hotels, but plenty to choose from. Great value for the money.
- Reception area had a fantastic view over the water front
Overlooking the Sogne Fjord, Midtnes Hotel is in Balestrand. It offers free Wi-Fi and parking and a private pier for boats and swimming. Dragsvik Ferry Terminal is a 10 minute drive away.Midtnes’s modern guest rooms feature a telephone and a private bathroom. Most have a fjord-view balcony.The in-house restaurant serves Norwegian as well as international cuisine. In summer, guests can enjoy their meals on the fjord-view terrace.The fireplace lounge is an ideal place to relax and chat with other guests. Recreation options include billards and darts. Boats are available for rent on site.The English Church and the Glacier Museum are just a short walk from Hotel Midtnes.
- Quiet location, very helpful staff and the bonus of a complementary pick up from the boat terminal
Fantastic location and friendly service!
The owner picked us up from the late ferry. This was wonderful!
- Spectacular views, clean, comfortable room, beautifully furnished public areas full of olde world charm, friendly and helpful manager, good breakfast, free transfers to/from the boat
- Outstanding view from our balcony, truly stunning! Brilliant breakfast and friendly staff. Not the most modern of hotels and rooms are fairly basic but perfect for what we needed and the view was absolutely worth it!!
- We were delighted with this hotel! The rooms have a simple style (eg, no TV), with a focus on the great balcony, & quiet comfortable sleep. This was perfect for us! BTW, We loved the quality, opaque drapes, and got the best sleep in our stay in Norway. The owner/operator surprised us with a pick up from the dock, and was helpful at every step. Breakfast is good too.
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Kringsjå Hotel offers accommodations in Balestrand, just 25 miles from Myrkdalen . Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hotel. Sogndal is 19 miles from Kringsjå Hotel, and Førde is 28 miles away.
Beautiful views from the room.
Extensive common areas.
Good advice from staff.
Overall, an excellent place to stay.
- The front desk staff (son of owners?) was wonderful!! He made up an extra bed for our toddler, got ice for our cooler at the end of the trip, and was just incredibly helpful and kind.
- This place is all about the view of the Fjords. Rooms are compact and clean. The staff are amazing and super helpful on tips and ideas. The breakfast included is an added bonus.
- Very personal service from reception! Laundry room was great, balcony view super. Comfy bed.
- Furnishings were tasteful Scandinavian modern and comfortable. Room size was adequate , and included outside porch with chairs and table and view of the fjord (see photos). Decorated with photos of fjords and local flora — professional quality done by owner. Owner went out of their way to meet us at the boat, and deliver us when we left (I have limited mobility). Free breakfasts were very good.. Perhaps best of all, we did not have to cope with busloads of tourists.
- Beautiful views from the room.
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. This grand, 18th-century waterfront hotel is located in Balestrand. It offers stunning views of the surrounding Sognefjord, an elegant restaurant and modern guest rooms. Both Wi-Fi and sauna access are free.Guest rooms at Kviknes Hotel are located in the modern wing, built in the 1960s. Each features a separate sitting area, work desk and cable TV. Many rooms have balconies with fjord views.Guests can admire the historic art pieces and antiques inside Hotel Kviknes. The on-site restaurant offers international cuisine and a well-stocked wine cellar. Guests can especially enjoy the fjord views from the dining room and terrace.Organised activities include wine tasting, cultural walks and day trips to area attractions such as the Urnes Stave Church. The surrounding area is ideal for fishing and hiking. Free public parking spaces are available close to Kviknes Hotel.
- This location is beautiful to say the least but for an affordable rate you need to work it a bit. The breakfast and the room it is served in is just elegant to say the least
- The location is superb. Dinner buffet is amazing as well as breakfast (lots of varieties to pick from). The small more relaxed restaurant is also nice. View from the room was great
- It’s just a very beautiful hotel with gorgeous views everywhere
- The fjord view from our room was gorgeous. We saw dolphins in the water from the balcony. Dinner buffet is world known there and we indeed enjoyed it very much. In the evening a pianist playdd live music.
- This was a traveler’s haven. We loved it so much that we delayed our departure until the last ferry yesterday. The staff were welcoming, accommodating, and went out of their way to be helpful. The food was wonderful, and the views were to die for.
Best Western Lægreid Hotel
Best Western Lægreid Hotel is located in Sogndal, just 25 miles from Flåm. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. All rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as skiing and biking.
- The hotel is well located, close to the dock and city center. The staff was friendly on arrival and departure. The room was clean and I found all the amenities I can think of for a pleasant stay, an electric kettle, tea, coffee, a wardrobe, a TV set and a small desk for working. The breakfast was spectacular, with five kinds of cereal, herring, fruit, eggs with bacon and other things. The floor had a nice balcony.
- Sogndal is a very nice place to be! Very nice staff and very clean! Big and comfortable rooms.
- We got a very big junior suite facing the fjord. Decoration was warm. Dinner was excellent with personal explanation from the cheff. Very good breakfast too. Parking next to hotel entrance
- Quiet, close to shops & activities. Tasteful older style decor.
- The hotel was quiet; it had an “old world” ambiance that was charming; lots of wood and clubby colors. It was probably an older building that had been redone. Bed was comfortable. Wifi was fine and there were 2 flat screen tvs (which we didn’t use) in our junior suite. Warm floors in the bathroom.
Quality Hotel Sogndal
This hotel is by the airport bus stop in Sogndal, a quarter mile from the Sogne Fjord shore. Wi-Fi and tea/coffee are free. Facilities include a bar and 3 restaurants.Flat-screen TVs, desks and private bathrooms are standard features in the Quality Hotel Sogndal’s rooms. Some include a sitting area or mountain views, as well as a balcony.Compagniet Restaurant serves a daily breakfast buffet with organic options. La Pergola specializes in Italian cuisine, and Dr. Hagen Café & Bar features an international menu.The staff at Quality Sogndal can inform on local activities such as glacier hiking tours.
- The reviews I’ve read here about this hotel prior to our visit mentally prepared me to expect a horrible experience, but after our visit I should say I really couldn’t find anything major to nag about – the staff was polite and friendly, the beds were comfy and the breakfast selection quite good. Free coffee and tea were available in the lobby at all times. And I had a delicious meal at the on-site Italian restaurant La Pergola. Overall a nice experience.
- Two quite good restaurants attached to hotel are very convenient. Staff at hotel and restaurants very pleasant and helpful
- Nice room & great breakfast. Modern and large bath room. Free parking at hotel.
- Great location across road from bus station. Nice restaurants in the hotel itself. Room was modern and clean. Reception were able to print out my boarding pass for which I was really thankful.
- 3 mins walk from Sogndal Bus station and Taxi station. Near to Flam, Glacier hike and Urnes & Borgund Stave Churches.
Hofslund Fjord Hotel
Overlooking Sognefjord from Sogndal’s old quarter, this hotel offers rooms with private bathrooms and free Wi-Fi access. Hofslund has its swimming pool as well as a bar and lounge with fjord views.Each light room at Hofslund Fjord Hotel comes with a desk, a flat-screen TV, and some even include a balcony.Rowing boats can be rented from the hotel, and a lawn area offers space to relax and enjoy the view over the water and mountains.Sogndal is 11.2 miles from Urnes Stave Church, believed to be the oldest stave church in Norway. Guests can experience glacier hiking on the Nigard Glacier 40.4 miles away, while fishing equipment can be rented on site for those wishing to stay in the area.Bergen is 3 hours’ drive from the hotel, and the town of Førde is a 30-minute drive away.
Good location with fjord view
- Excellent location by fjord. Free use of hotel rowing boat. Large lounge area
- Great views of the fjord from the balcony of the room. Breakfast was adequate – not much different than what we found at other hotels in the region. The common spaces in the hotel (dining and lounge areas) were really nice and had great views.
- They prepared the breakfast extra early for me since I took the early ferry, good service and good breakfast
- Breakfast was great. Perfect location with a beautiful view!
- Friendly stuff.
Top Hotels In Rinde Sogn Og Fjordane Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Rinde Sogn og Fjordane to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Rinde Sogn og Fjordane but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Rinde Sogn og Fjordane. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!