10 Best Hotels To Stay In Quetzaltenango – Top Hotel Reviews
Quetzaltenango is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Quetzaltenango. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Quetzaltenango. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Quetzaltenango. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Quetzaltenango right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Quetzaltenango with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Quetzaltenango:
One of our best sellers in Quetzaltenango! Located in Quetzaltenango, 25 miles from Panajachel, Hotel Modelo features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The rooms come with a private bathroom.There is concierge services at the property.
- We really liked the authentic feel of this 100+ year-old family owned and run hotel. Jose speaks excellent English and was super helpful in setting up a day experience for us. We felt very welcome. The little bar was intimate and friendly.
- Quaint and centrally located in the historic district of Xelaju. Very endearing staff and welcoming surroundings.
- I liked the family atmosphere of this hotel. After working for 10 days in rural Guatemala, I found this property to be cozy and refreshing. The meals are home made which is great especially if you need a break from eating out. The main plaza is about 6-8 blocks away. I felt it was okay to walk by myself during the day but not at night. Streets are not very well lit.
- It was a wonderful homey atmosphere, and they were ready to accommodate my every request. I had several unusual requests, like suddenly needing to have rooms for six more guests, and special lunches and dinners for all of us. They put up a big table in their bar, and we had that as our own private dining room for three days. They also provided box lunches on request. The décor is wonderful, the ambiance is very special. When returning to Xela I will always stay at this home away from home..
- Central location which is great but downside is noise from outside. Basic comfort but fine for a short stay
Las Cumbres Eco-Hotel, Termalismo y Spa
One of our top picks in Quetzaltenango.Featuring free WiFi, Las Cumbres Eco-Hotel, Termalismo y Spa offers accommodations in Quetzaltenango. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Panajachel is 23 miles from Las Cumbres Eco-Hotel, and Retalhuleu is 21 miles away.
- Excellent view, beautiful rooms! Great breakfast included! Loved to be able to have a fireplace in the room
- The natural steam saina was really great after a day of hiking and the service and food at both breakfast and dinner was excellent.
- Is a great and nice place, full of peace and nature, the spa is wonderful and the staff is well
- The surprise of the trip.We had an early arrival: no problem. Then there is a hot tube in the very cozy room ! Close the door, open the valve and the pure thermal hot water runs into your private tube….be sure you have a cold drink ready. Was rainy season and later on the rain was hitting the roof: perfect.. Food (lomito) was excellent, sauna and massage were good, breakfast was good and tasty. Prices are fair (not to say cheap compared to CR) We had an excellent stay. Next time 2 nights…..and all the worries are gone!
- My husband and I were able to leave all our worries behind and get away to this beautifully surrounded by nature hotel. Dinner and the complimentary breakfast were both delicious! The wait staff was very helpful and friendly. We also visited the spa for a couples massage. The saunas within the spa were well decorated and set in a very relaxing atmosphere. I highly recommend it as a getaway in Guatemala!
Pension Bonifaz Hotel
Located in Quetzaltenango, 25 miles from Panajachel, Pension Bonifaz Hotel features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.
- The beds and pillows were comfy. The staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was easy. They did our laundry very well. The hotel has an old fashioned charm. The breakfast was very good.
Excellent service, Old world charm. We felt perfectly at home. Delicious típico food. The whole staff went above and beyond our needs.
We keep coming back to this wonderful gem.
Excellent location within walking distance to anything we needed: bank, restaurants, pharmacy and street vendors.
- Central location and comfortable bed. Room is spacious.
- Excellent beds. Front desk made every effort to help me as I am 76 and have some difficulties.
- The bed and pillows were comfortable. The location was good.
LATAM HOTEL Plaza Pradera Quetzaltenango
One of our top picks in Quetzaltenango – and a guest favorite.
Located in Quetzaltenango, 27 miles from Panajachel, LATAM HOTEL Plaza Pradera Quetzaltenango features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. The rooms include a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental.
- The rooftop heated pool and hot tub were so nice on the cold nights in Xela. The pool water was really warm. Not like most heated pools that are still cold. The view of the city from there is incredible. The rooms were huge with super comfortable big beds. There was plenty of hot water with great pressure. The hotel is in the same plaza as the mall and Walmart. There are plenty of places to eat in the area.
- Bed was excellent, room comfy, just the floor was freezing cold to walk on barefooted since it had no rug
This is a modern hotel , with a rooftop swimming pool, a gym.
Cleanlines was good. Parking was outside, in front of hotel.
- Staff was very friendly and helpfull. I left my camera, they found it and send it to me ASAP. Also the food is very good. Definitely recommend this hotel.
- The hotel is new so the place is comfortable and the people are worm and friendly. You would like to spend time in the hotel!
Hotel Portal de Occidente
Located in Quetzaltenango, 26 miles from Panajachel, Hotel Portal de Occidente features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. The rooms include a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.
No reviews yet.
Hotel Casa Quetzaltenango
One of our best sellers in Quetzaltenango! Hotel Casa Quetzaltenango offers accommodations in Quetzaltenango. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some units feature a sitting area for your convenience. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Panajachel is 25 miles from Hotel Casa Quetzaltenango, and Retalhuleu is 23 miles away.
- Only one block from the plaza. Very friendly and helpful staff. Free breakfast at Xelapan. Free private parking.
- Closeness to central park and the breakfast at a nearby restaurant was great
- The free WiFi worked well, and was nice to have. The room was very clean. The breakfast was at a cafe 0.1 miles away, an easy walk from the hotel. It included juice, coffee, bread, one egg, sweet plantains, and a black bean puree.
- La Ubicación, me parece un buen spot para pasarla bien en el centro de xela.
- El acceso de Netflix en las Televisiones de las habitaciones
Hotel Villa Real Plaza
Located in Quetzaltenango, 25 miles from Panajachel, Hotel Villa Real Plaza features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room has a TV. Some accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms have a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.
The location is excellent, in a safe central area close to attractions and transport links in Xela. The room is a decent, comfortable size for 4 people with a lot of luggage.
The building is beautiful and has character and is excellent value for money.
- I loved the location directly on the town center. Our room was plenty spacious for my family and had a little balcony that overlooked the square. The hotel itself has plenty of common spaces to sit or walk around.
- We had an amazing suite at the corner of the building overlooking the park and it cost only slightly more than the normal rooms.
- Location is excellent, as well the view of the Central Park and colonial buildings. The staff gave us the room with the best view.
- The room was clean, it smelled good. Also the service of the hotel and how close it is from the park.
- The location is excellent, in a safe central area close to attractions and transport links in Xela. The room is a decent, comfortable size for 4 people with a lot of luggage.
B&B Villa de Don Andrés (Hotel)
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, B&B Villa de Don Andrés (Hotel) offers accommodations in Quetzaltenango, just 25 miles from Panajachel.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room includes a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge, business center, a tour desk and a hairdresser’s at the property.
- The breakfast choices were great- just like a restaurant. They allowed us to keep our things in the room on a night we didn’t pay for as we were away overnight on a volcano trek. We had a four bed bedroom that was great for sorting our hiking gear. We were only charged for two people as if we had a much smaller room. The place appears to be family run with everyone helping us with our needs.
- The location of this hostel is excellent. The staff are very kind and they try to do their best to help guests. The room was large enough and the bed was comfortable.
- The location was ideal. The hotel staff was kind, attentive and responsive. We took advantage of the laundry services and the delicious breakfast –especially the fresh fruit and french toast.
the personal was very kind.
It s very near the centre
- This is a Guatemalan family operated B&B. The owner was very personable, helpful with our questions and referred us to authentic places and people. The hotel is very clean, comfortable rooms and the staff highly attentive. The building is secure with entrance by buzzer 24/7 – also the staff is trustworthy: we left our credit card and they found us to return it.
Hotel Casa Real Del Viajero
Offering free WiFi and free parking, Hotel Casa Real Del Viajero is located a 3-minute walk from the municipal market and Centro America Park in Quetzaltenango. Rooms feature cable flat screen TV.Rooms at the Hotel Casa Real Del Viajero, have functional décor and a seating area. The private bathrooms include a bath or shower and towels.At Hotel Casa Real Del Viajero you will find a 24-hour front desk. Other facilities offered include meeting facilities, a tour desk and dry cleaning service.A wide range of shops, restaurants and bars can be found in the streets around the Casa Real Del Viajero. Lake Atitlan is 37.3 miles away, while Guatemala City is within 118.1 miles.
No reviews yet.
Hotel Harvest offers accommodations in Quetzaltenango. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find room service at the property.Panajachel is 24 miles from Hotel Harvest, and Retalhuleu is 25 miles from the property.
- It is a good place very comfortable the staff is very helpful. Cheap in comparison with others. good food and the room is really big. it’s a very quiet place. I liked it . I recommend this place.
- Large room. Staff had room ready and was friendly.beds were comfortable with warm comforter.
- El precio es bastante cómodo y en las mañanas le lavan a uno el carro, lo cual es un plus!
- Fue bonita experiencia la anotación grande y camas bien cómodas a pesar del frío que avía las sabanas eran eran muy cómodas eso así que no se sintiera, el personal excelente muy amables y atentos con muy buena actitud.
- no me gustó el ambiente es muyseradfo y muy muerto el lugar
Top Hotels In Quetzaltenango Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Quetzaltenango to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Quetzaltenango but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Quetzaltenango. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!