10 Best Hotels To Stay In Puerto Rico – Top Hotel Reviews
Puerto Rico is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Puerto Rico. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Puerto Rico. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Puerto Rico. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Puerto Rico right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Puerto Rico with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Puerto Rico:
Hostal Mirada al Mar
Hostal Mirada al Mar is located in Puerto López, just 13 miles from Montañita. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 50 miles from Hostal Mirada al Mar.
- The staff was very helpful. We arrived late in the night and one of the staff members drove with us to a pizzeria. The view was as expected, of the ocean. Wifi was working good in one room, in the other not. They even offered a surf class upon request. Parking was very easy in front of the hostel. The hostel has a late check-out of 1pm.
- Quiet, sleepy town (at least during the season I visited). A window looking out on the ocean, and one of the best showers I’ve found for the price. The owners are kind and attentive – we talked at length about the town and about work, everything. This place is simply amazing. I will return.
- We had a wonderful stay at these charming cabanas. Beautiful view on the sea, very clean and big room with terrace and hammoc, nice hot water and delicious breakfast. Our host was adorable, glad to give us tips and was willing to prepare breakfast earlier for us.
- Me trataron como si me hubieran conocido toda la vida, excelente ambiente, sobre 10 lo califico con 19…
- Esta frente al Mar. Tiene un balcón que se contempla el mar.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, an outdoor pool and a playground, Hosteria LaBarquita offers accommodations in Puerto López. The inn has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.Some units have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. The rooms include a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is available.You will find concierge services at the property.You can play ping-pong and pool at this inn, and the area is popular for biking. Montañita is 13 miles from Hosteria LaBarquita, and Puerto Cayo is 21 miles away. The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 50 miles from Hosteria LaBarquita.
- El ambiente de la barquita es espectacular por las noches a parte de su infraestructura rústica estas rodeado de arboles lo cuál te da un ambiente fenomenal mucha paz para ir a descansar!!
- La hermosa playa, una piscina fuera de serie y el confort que te brinda el lugar.
- El lugar es limpio, ideal para descansar e ir en familia o pareja.
- Un Lugar muy tranquilo para descansar, excelente hospitalidad de parte de los propietarios, muy limpio, hermosa infraestructuras rústica.
- Bonito jardín pero faltan sitios adecuados para sentarse y disfrutarlo. El barco que sirve de restaurante y bar es muy agradable. La piscina temperada es un verdadero placer al atardecer.
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Showcasing an outdoor pool and views of the sea, Nautilus Hotel is located in Puerto López, just 19 miles from Montañita. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms feature views of the pool or garden. The rooms come with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is available.There is a tour desk at the property.The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 43 miles from Nautilus Hotel.
- very private, friendly staff and beautiful pool area
- Great experience! Nice spot, very beautiful hotel, very friendly host.
- This is a very new modern stylish propriety, the best in Puerto Lopez. Everything was perfect.
- Absolutely everything! Beautiful hotel with a good style. Clean, comfortable, very welcoming staff. Great swimming pool. Private parking. Many details which are making this place special – relaxing music at the swimming pool area, lights which are changing colors… will definitely stay here again.
- Tastefully decorated rooms, good hot water and aircon. Nice pool. Helpful owner. The hotel is a block inland from the Malecón so it’s quiet and tranquil but only a few minutes walk from the bars and restaurants. We think it was the best place to stay in Puerto Lopez.
One of our top picks in Puerto López.Located in Puerto López, 19 miles from Montañita, Mantaraya Lodge features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. Each room has a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 45 miles from Mantaraya Lodge.
- Beautiful with a wonderful staff! Would definitely recommend!
- The staff was absolutely incredible. I have been to many hotels, in many different countries, and have never seen service like this. We were lucky enough to be the only guests for a night and they made us feel like complete royalty. Juan is very hard-working and dedicated and made our stay memorable. Miguel, Miki and Patricia were also wonderful.
- La limpieza y sobretodo la atención del personal fue de primera. Excelente.
- La habitación, la piscina y sobre todo las vistas.
- Excelente todo: ubicación, instalaciones, el sr. Miguel excelente y atenta atención.
El Manglar Cabañas
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, El Manglar Cabañas offers accommodations in Las Tunas. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Certain rooms include views of the sea or mountains. The rooms include a private bathroom.Montañita is 13 miles from El Manglar Cabañas, and Puerto López is 6 miles away. Manta Airport is 50 miles from the property.
Isidro is the owner of this family run business. He bent over backwards to accommodate our party of five. We had two senior adults who could not manage stairs. While I had communicated by email and phone in advance, we had a language problem that perhaps we did not overcome. The rooms he had for us were all on the second floor. He helped us find alternate room nearby for the seniors, and made a ground floor room available for free for the last night.
Location: very quiet beach, literally ON THE BEACH. Food is standard seafood or chicken, plantains and rice, every meal was very good. Generally 45$ for 5 people with a little wine and dessert.
- The bed is really comfortable along with the pillows. The architecture of the cabins is impressive. The staff is amazing and very welcoming.
- We liked very much the clean rooms and bathrooms. Some of the rooms are very romantical and you can hear the ocean. The owner is very nice and helpful (he knows what tourists like). We can really recommend the cabañas.
- La limpieza de la habitación y la amabilidad de las personas que atienden
- Las camas cómodas, excelente ubicación con vista al mar, el desayuno que estuvo incluido en el precio fue excelente, la atención también fue excelente, lo recomiendo al 100%
- Isidro is the owner of this family run business. He bent over backwards to accommodate our party of five. We had two senior adults who could not manage stairs. While I had communicated by email and phone in advance, we had a language problem that perhaps we did not overcome. The rooms he had for us were all on the second floor. He helped us find alternate room nearby for the seniors, and made a ground floor room available for free for the last night.
Hosteria La Terraza
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, Hosteria La Terraza is located in Puerto López, just 19 miles from Montañita. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a tour desk at the property.The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 43 miles from Hosteria La Terraza.
- The room (one half of a separate cabin) was spotlessly clean and very well maintained. Lots of hot water for showers. The infinity pool was simply one of the best. We enjoyed the vegetation and appreciated the fact that we were a little over the town, so peace and quiet at night. Being at a higher elevation also made for some stunning sunsets. The breakfast and suppers (by appointment only) were great, as was the service.
- The staff were very helpful and nice. The views from the hotel was absolutely brilliant and the swimming pool is gorgeous too. Breakfast was nice too.
- Great pool, food and service. Staff was very helpful in setting up tours and taxis. Beautiful hotel.
- The spectacular view from the swimming pool, the comfort, the breakfast and dinner and the friendly owners.
- Excellent and friendly staff, terrific pool with great view over town from up the hill.
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Hotel Ancora offers accommodations in Puerto López, just 19 miles from Montañita. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a shared lounge at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 43 miles from Hotel Ancora.
- The pool and the landscapes gardens are wonderful. Very rare in this part of the world. Breakfast was great and the coffee is very nice. The room and balcony was great and the location is perfect just far enough off the Malecon for quiet when it’s bedtime. We booked the Isla de la Playa tour through the hotel also- very efficient.
- Staff were very friendly and helpful. They organised our day trip to Isla de la Plata and also a very comfortable mini van to Manta airport for five of us and luggage for a very good price. The hotel is well located only a few minutes walk from the beach and with a lovely little pool and pool area. Everything was very clean especially the pool area. Breakfast was good and we ate at the restaurant twice and it was excellent value as was our stay as a whole. The beachfront has a number of beach bars selling very reasonable cocktails and the sunset is amazing. Fish market early in morning was fascinating. We had a lovely time and thanks to everyone at Hotel Ancora. Would highly recommend.
- The hotel is located a 5 minute walk from where the bus drops you on the main road. It is 2 minutes walk to the beach. They have a nice pool. They organised a trip to the islands for me. Only one guy spoke good English but the others really tries to help me. The breakfast was ok.
- The room was clean and cheery. The balcony was nice to sit outside
- Breakfast was nice. Air conditioning worked great.
Hostería Piqueros Patas Azules
Hostería Piqueros Patas Azules is located in Puerto López, just 16 miles from Montañita. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a TV with cable channels. Every room includes a private bathroom equipped with a shower.The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 47 miles from the property.
- Karol and her staff went the extra mile to cook and accommodate all our needs.
- Relación Calidad/Precio muy buena, atención del Propietario Excelente.
- Die Unterkunft ist einfach, aber sehr sauber. Das Haus liegt ca. 8km außerhalb von Puerto Lopez direkt am Strand. Ein guter Ort für Surfer. Im August war es dort sehr ruhig und erholsam, ohne den Straßenlärm, mitten in der Natur. Der Besitzer hat ein nettes kleines Museum mit Artefakten der früheren Kulturen der Gegend eingerichtet. Das Restaurant bietet sehr leckeres Essen, so dass wir darauf verzichteten, dazu nach Puerto Lopez zu fahren. Der Besitzer und das Personal kümmerten sich sehr liebevoll um uns.
Le lieu très atypique.
Le petit déjeuner sur la plage.
La gentillesse et l’amabilité du propriétaire.
Des plats simples mais du fait maison très bon.
- La amabilidad buena predisposición del personal, Carol muy atenta, la playa un paraíso. Un ambiente muy natural, un lugar de paz.
Casa Equus Erro
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Showcasing an outdoor pool, barbecue and sun terrace, Casa Equus Erro is located in Las Tunas. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Views of the sea, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a gift shop at the property.You can play ping-pong and pool at the inn. The inn also provides bike rental. Montañita is 14 miles from Casa Equus Erro, and Puerto López is 6 miles away. The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 49 miles from Casa Equus Erro.
Nice and cozy place, helpful and warm people.The owner is at the spot looking after everything, hard worker, makes some of the desserts herself.
Very clean and the beach is wonderful.
We had five amazing days!!!
- Me gusto mucho la atención y el lugar es increíble hay tanta paz
- el lugar es muy tranquilo, permite disfrutar de la playa, de sus instalaciones, tiene mascotas (caballos) que son hermosos, la naturaleza, el mar y su paz dan un toque especial al lugar. se puede dormir en las camas reclinables de las cabañas solo oyendo el sonido del mar cosa que me parecio maravillosa.
- Veldig kort vei til stranda. Rolig sted. Hyggelige frivillige ungdom som «drev» stedet da vi var der. Fin uteplass. Trygt.
- LA ATENCION MUY BUENA DE SU PROPIETARIA Y PERSONALIZADA, LA PLAYA HERMOSA , LA COMIDA FANTASTICA, Y SOBRE TODO Y RECOMIENDO QUE LA HOSTERIA TIENES UNOS CABALLOS HERMOSOS.
- Nice and cozy place, helpful and warm people.The owner is at the spot looking after everything, hard worker, makes some of the desserts herself.
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Azuluna Ecolodge offers pet-friendly accommodations in Puerto López. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. Views of the sea, mountains or garden are featured in certain rooms.There is a 24-hour front desk, business center and a gift shop at the property.You can play ping-pong, pool and darts at this hotel, and car rental is available. Montañita is 13 miles from Azuluna Ecolodge, and Puerto Cayo is 21 miles away. The nearest airport is Manta Airport, 50 miles from the property.
- The region is simply amazing. Visit Manabi, but don’t stay at the Azuluna.
Amazing location, natural surroundings, beach view, room, service & staff, sustainability!
This is a true day dream sustainability Eco Lodge, you really get to feel in touch with nature whilst not having to give up comfort nor cleanliness whatsoever.
Also, as ecolodge and sustainable company it also supports local businesses nearby who provide sustainable products to the hotel as well as women Entrepreneurship projects.
I really recommend this place and looking forward to come back soon!??
- I don’t even know where to start! Such a great location, real pretty and calm. The rooms are great as well, what a view! Everything was perfect, the room, the food.. and the staff was super friendly!
- They upgraded my bedroom at zero cost. The Luxury room is beautiful and romantic.
- The website showed air conditioning but our room only had an oscillating fan. The website also mentioned breakfast was included in the price. We were told that it was $11 US/person. The woman in reception spoke very little English and when we showed her the website page showing included breakfast she made a phone call but told us nothing. On our checkout day, she was nowhere around and a young man, again with little English tried to work out our bill. In the end we were still charged for one person’s breakfast. Very frustrating.
Top Hotels In Puerto Rico Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Puerto Rico to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Puerto Rico but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Puerto Rico. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!