10 Best Hotels To Stay In Poveña Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Poveña Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Poveña Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Poveña Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Poveña Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Poveña Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Poveña Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Poveña Basque Country:
Hotel Palacio Muñatones
This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. Hotel Palacio Muñatones is located in Muskiz, 10 miles from Bilbao and 6 miles from Castro-Urdiales. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms include views of the river or garden. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bidet. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The area is popular for fishing and hiking. Isla is 25 miles from Hotel Palacio Muñatones, and Valle De Villaverde is 10 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 11 miles from the property.
- Just charming, Doña Ana & husband are grand people.
As the building was a former palace, we definitely felt like royalty.
Beautiful stone building with tasteful additions.
Attention to every detail.
Doors from bedroom opening onto Juliette Balcony. View from both doors and windows across country side.
Exceptional bathroom, large marbel floored shower.
Comfortable sitting room adjacent to bar.
- Friendly and helpful staff. Good location for ferry, good bar
Hotel very quaint with exposed beams throughout. Room very comfortable, very clean and a comfortable bed. Bathroom was superb.
Limited menu in the bar but food was delicious. Local community seem to congregate there which made for a good atmosphere. Owner and family were very obliging. Breakfast was adequate. Distance from Bilbao ferry very good (15 mins).
Don’t be put off by the refinery opposite, it looks spectacular at night!
- An historic building with excellent modern amenities and quality fitments
Hotel Kaia is located in Ciérvana, 10 miles from Bilbao and 7 miles from Castro-Urdiales. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms are equipped with a TV. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.Isla is 26 miles from Hotel Kaia, and Valle De Villaverde is 12 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 9 miles away.
- A recently decorated, clean room, good for a single night before catching the ferry from Bilbao.
After a long day travelling, the bath was very welcome. The bathroom was very nicely decorated, warm and welcoming. The bedroom was comfortable enough for an over night stay.
The hotel itself was very clean
- The staff, the restaurant and bar below, convenience to ferryport, easy access from road network, the area
- Ideal for the Bilbao Ferry – Port only about five minutes away. Bar supper good; tapas looked very good. Spacious bedroom, clean and comfortable with bath and lots of hot water. Friendly staff.
- Lovely location, marvelous views, very friendly owners.
Hotel Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz offers accommodations in Muskiz, just 10 miles from Bilbao. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Castro-Urdiales is 6 miles from Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz, and Isla is 25 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 11 miles from the property.
Lovely place on edge of village.
View of church from balcony
Good terrace for drinks.
Most enjoyable and only 15 mins from ferry
- Room very nice and staff friendly. Really good location for the port/ferry.
- The proprietor went out of his way to provide us with secure parking for our motorbike.
- We used this Hotel as a stop over for one night, to make sure we were close to Bilbao for the Ferry the following morning. The Hotel was clean, tidy, quiet. An ideal stopping place. It’s a bit out of town for a tourist destination, so I would not use it for that. The owner was helpful and enthusiastic. We had eaten earlier, so did not have a meal in the evening, which did not seem to be available anyway, although there is a restaurant next door, which we would have used.
- Vicente y su personal fueron súper atentos con nosotros y nos brindaron todo tipo de información y ayuda. Merece la pena alojarse con ellos nos hicieron olvidar incluso del “txirimiri” !!!
- Lovely place on edge of village.
Hotel El Haya
Hotel El Haya offers accommodations in Ontón. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bilbao is 12 miles from Hotel El Haya, and Castro-Urdiales is 4.2 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 13 miles away.
- Close to the ferry terminal – and, when time permits, to places to explore. A workaday hostal, posh it ain’t but we’ve stayed here many times over the years and have quite a strong sentimental attachment to it. Comfortable enough and the staff friendly and helpful. Lots of good memories.
- Great location and despite appearances is a good stop over.
Nice friendly accommodating staff
Very clean room
- Comfortable , clean and quiet. Well situated for an overnight stop when travelling.
- We’ve stayed several times in the past and it ticks all our boxes – very close to the ferry for the journey back to England and, when we have the time and the inclination, is a convenient place to stay while exploring the area. It’s not palatial by any stretch of the imagination but is clean and comfortable enough, the staff, usually very busy, are friendly and helpful enough, and the food in the restaurant is reasonable in price and quality.
Hotel Muskiz is located in Muskiz, just 12 miles from Bilbao. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Superior rooms include a spa tub or a hot tub.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Castro-Urdiales is 4.3 miles from Hotel Muskiz, and Isla is 23 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 12 miles away.
This is a fairly basic hotel with good parking and an easy trip to the ferry, the breakfast is limited but good value the only member of staff I saw was very friendly and helpful.
Apart from the nearby brothel there is little entertainment in the area other than a Spanish Bar which does have an excellent menu of the day from 8.30 pm.
The WiFi worked well.
- Excellent staff, our ferry was delayed but a quick e mail to the hotel and everything was fine to check in much later.. stayed here before nice and easy 1 stop off the ferry. Easy access to main roads would stay here again.. Fab G&Ts too
- We have stayed here 4 times now and are welcomed as old friends. It is ideal in its situation within 5 miles of the ferry port to Portsmouth.The continental breakfast did have very flaky croissants and was as one would expect. Great value.
- It was welcoming, clean, affordable and easy access to the ferry.
- Arrived at hotel at 11:00 (walking the camino) and owner made all efforts for early check in. Hotel is situated close to autopista so is good place for a stopover when driving. Clean.
- This is a fairly basic hotel with good parking and an easy trip to the ferry, the breakfast is limited but good value the only member of staff I saw was very friendly and helpful.
Agua Viva H. & Spa Castro
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Agua Viva H. & Spa Castro offers accommodations in Castro-Urdiales. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a tour desk at the property.Bilbao is 15 miles from Agua Viva H. & Spa Castro, and Isla is 21 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 16 miles from the property.
A very pleasant atmosphere. I had excellent therapeutic massage from Senor Manuel and chatted in English to D. Belen, the owner and a fellow English teacher. The room was warm and comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The surrounding area is residential and quiet – and totally safe to leave a packed car in.
I shall certainly stay there again when I am next flitting between Portugal and Scotland.
- Rooms in a house in a quiet neighbourhood. Castro is a lovely town to visit
- Nice location. Out of town but within sight of the town.
- Great value for money short walk ten minutes to beach x
- Quirky hotel. Friendly owner, although didn’t speak much English and details prior to booking stated staff spoke English, and French.
- A very pleasant atmosphere. I had excellent therapeutic massage from Senor Manuel and chatted in English to D. Belen, the owner and a fellow English teacher. The room was warm and comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The surrounding area is residential and quiet – and totally safe to leave a packed car in.
URH Palacio de Oriol
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Located in Santurce in the region of Pais Vasco, 6 miles from Bilbao, URH Palacio de Oriol features a playground and fitness center. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is provided.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Castro-Urdiales is 10 miles from URH Palacio de Oriol, and Isla is 30 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 6 miles from the property.
The hotel was good, the surrounding area is very interesting.
Perfect for a business trip there, definitely Palacio de Oriol is a solid option for the next visit in Bilbao.
- Hotel is very handy for catching the ferry to UK, a simple 10 minute drive.
We liked the convenience of the hotel for Brittany Ferries .
We had an excellent dinner .
The hotel was welcoming and comfortable.
There was underground parking.
The roasted turbot was disappointing as the fish had a non crispy black skin and as such was
rather off putting. Some input from the chef would have helped as the fish itself was nice but could only be got at by painstaking surgical procedures.
The breakfast was very nice and very good value.
Excellent hotel. Stayed 1 night prior to catching ferry to Portsmouth.
We booked a premier room very spacious with balcony terrace overlooking the sea.
Secure underground parking is good but expensive.
Restaurant was not bad. Breakfast nice variety of choices.
Will definitely use again.
- The hotel was good, the surrounding area is very interesting.
Hotel San Jorge
Hotel San Jorge is located in Santurce, 7 miles from Bilbao and 10 miles from Castro-Urdiales. Private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Each room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Isla is 29 miles from Hotel San Jorge, and Valle De Villaverde is 12 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 7 miles from the property.
- JUst location is good nothing else.The hotel is a budget and price too much.
Asier the receptionist was extremely helpful
He helped us immensely as no late tea or coffee available in hotel
- The receptionist on arrival was very dour and not helpful although the one in the morning was pleasant and helpful neither of us slept because the bed was so hard laying on the floor could not have been any harder although the bedding was clean
- Very close to metro for Bilbao. Very helpful staff. We had planned to park on the street as the roads were quiet on Google maps but in reality there was no where to park, but there is an excellent underground car park which costs about 10 Euro, worth using.
Convenience for access to ferry. Secure parking. Very friendly staff spoke several languages. Large room.
Only one local restaurant but 10 mins walk down hill takes you to the river side and restaurants.
As mentioned in other reviews access is complicated but stopping on the roundabout is no problem! If you don’t want to pay for parking difficult to find and steep.
Located in Ortuella, 6 miles from Bilbao, Hotel Ortuella features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room is fitted with a TV. Each room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Castro-Urdiales is 10 miles from Hotel Ortuella, and Isla is 29 miles away. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 7 miles from the property.
- The proximity to the ferry port,friendly staff,comfy bed and warm room.The Hotel also had a restaurant where the staff were friendly and helpful.
- there was no hotel with reasonable price in bilbao and at the last minute we happened to book this hotel. if you have car, not far from blab centre. it is a kind of ‘one night stay and go’ hotel with good standard-price.
- The staff, the cleanliness and value for money were exceptional. We enjoyed the food particularly.
- Nice clean hotel, easy to get to and secure. Nice little bar and restaurant. Friendly staff. Room big and comfortable. Good value for money
did not have breakfast as it started at 7 0 clock am to late for us to catch our ferry
The receptionst that booked us in was fantastic a smile from ear to ear and very helpful
Dinner in the evening was fantastic value for money and staff gave 110 pr cent
casa los olivos
Casa Los Olivos is a rustic hotel situated In Lusa, 2.5 miles from the Cantabrian Coast. It features a restaurant, terrace and rooms with free Wi-Fi access and cable TV.Each of the Olivos’ rooms is spacious and features traditional décor with wooden flooring. All rooms are heated.The Casa Los Olivos Restaurant serves a range of traditional, Cantabrian cuisine. Guests can relax in the hotel lounge which features a fireplace.The hotel is a few minutes’ drive from the A-8 Motorway which connects Lusa to Bilbao within 30 minutes, whilst Santander is approximately 43.5 miles away. Cabárceno National Park can be reached in 45 minutes, by car.
No reviews yet.
Top Hotels In Poveña Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Poveña Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Poveña Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Poveña Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!