10 Best Hotels To Stay In Portsmouth New Hampshire – Top Hotel Reviews
Portsmouth New Hampshire is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Portsmouth New Hampshire. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Portsmouth New Hampshire. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Portsmouth New Hampshire. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Portsmouth New Hampshire right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Portsmouth New Hampshire with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Portsmouth New Hampshire:
The Sailmaker’s House
Located in Portsmouth, 5 miles from The Kittery Outlets, The Sailmaker’s House features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a flat-screen TV. Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. All rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Portland International Jetport Airport is 45 miles away.
- Beautiful decor. Spacious room. Comfortable beds. Convenient access to downtown.
- Everything, location, bed, shower, block out curtains, including host was great!
- Cleanliness, attention to detail, wonderful bedding and towels, lobby stocked with fresh fruit and snacks.
- slept so well on the most comfortable bed. everything was new and clean. convenient location.
- The style, the comfort, the amenities, the lack of interacting with a staff person every time I entered the property.
Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown
One of our best sellers in Portsmouth! Featuring an indoor swimming pool and a gym, this hotel is in Portsmouth. Free Wi-Fi access is available and breakfast is served daily.A flat-screen HD TV, a refrigerator, and a microwave are included in each guest room at Hampton Inn & Suites Portsmouth Downtown. The private bathrooms include a hairdryer.Portsmouth Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites has a 24-hour front desk. Laundry facilities are available.Strawbery Banke Museum is a 4-minute drive from the property. The Kittery Outlets are a 7-minute drive away.
- Location, fruit, cookies, coffee. Cold breakfast items.
- The breakfast was great as were the rooms but I was surprised and disappointed that parking was an extra fee.
- Room was clean comfortable location of hotel is right in the middle of Portsmouth
- We loved the large corner room with three big windows.
- Well appointed room, clean, new. Friendly courteous helpful staff.
Motel 6 – Portsmouth
One of our top picks in Portsmouth.Only minutes from Pease International Tradeport and a short drive from beautiful beaches and the downtown area, this Portsmouth, New Hampshire motel features free morning coffee and comfortable guestrooms.The Motel 6 Portsmouth is situated close to the numerous shops at Kittery Outlet as well as beautiful Hampton Beach State Park. With nearby access to local highways, guests at the motel can easily explore the surrounding area.On-site at the Portsmouth Motel 6, guests can enjoy relaxing in the outdoor swimming pool or browsing the internet with wireless internet access. The motel also features pet-friendly accommodations and on-site laundry facilities.
- great location, easy check-in and out. They allowed my dogs which was awesome!
- the coffee in the morning and helpfulness of the night and early morning crew . they were so helpful . and kind . were very eager to please , except on the day we left , that girl was rude . but over all we had a blast and they helped make it pleasant . thank you .
- Great price great customer service very clean rooms
- Clean and comfortable for the price. It was nice to be able to have the 2 dogs with us for no charge.
- Business trip. Stayed in a single double bed room. It was a good place to lay down on while out on biz. It served its purpose. Wouldn’t mind seeing a breakfast there but there was plenty around in short walk or drive to get a breakfast in. Staff was friendly and room was clean. Had all the things you needed and WiFi was great. You DO have to pay for the better WiFI access (5 dollars) BUT it’s worth it if you require it for work related tasks. Not a bad option to consider. Nearby the highway, plenty of shopping and restaurants close by and it’s economical.
The Port Inn
This independently owned hotel is 1.2 miles from The Music Hall which is in downtown Portsmouth. The Port Inn features a breakfast patio and an outdoor pool. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.Rooms at The Port Inn are decorated in several different color schemes and include a 32-inch cable TV with free movie channel. An in-room coffee maker, a work desk and ironing facilities are included.A continental breakfast including Seattle’s Best Coffee and Tazo Tea products is served each morning. A barbecue and picnic area with two charcoal grills is available next to the pool.The Port Inn is less than 11.2 miles from the oceanfront Fuller Gardens. Free parking is available.
- Megan was very professional and very informative. Loved the ease of access to the downtown area. The breakfast was a wonderful surprise and the dining area was very cozy.
- This was the best hotel I have stayed in in Portsmouth! We held a low-key bachelorette and this was perfect- for the six of us, two rooms next to each other, the reception desk was so kind and accommodating, and even comp’d us some free bottles of wine to start our night! It was incredibly convenient to Uber in and out of downtown, and nice to stay a little out of the main strip so when we went home we could pass out properly. Would definitely recommend to any group wanting to stay in the city for a great value! Also, shower pressure was on point.
- The staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast had a nice selection and was good.
- The food and fruit water was unexpectedly sophisticated in terms of so many organic options. We really want to commend you on this. It stood out like an oasis in the usual barren wasteland of American hotel breakfasts.
- Comfortable room. Extremely helpful and friendly staff.
Anchorage Inn and Suites
Showcasing a sauna and fitness center, Anchorage Inn and Suites is located in Portsmouth in the region of New Hampshire, just 5 miles from The Kittery Outlets.All rooms come with a TV. Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Portland International Jetport Airport is 46 miles from the property.
- Friendly staff. Hotel was nothing fancy but very comfortable.
- Great location, near highway but quiet. Grabbed an Uber and partied in Portsmouth.
- Location is perfect, near downtown Portsmouth and right off the traffic circle. Nice breakfast.
This is a dumb thing but I was disappointed that the cheerios were sweetened and not plain.
At least there were English muffins!
- Clean and nice sized rooms. We liked the pool and breakfast in the morning
Quality Inn Portsmouth
One of our best sellers in Portsmouth! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Quality Inn Portsmouth offers accommodations in Portsmouth. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a TV with satellite channels. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Portland International Jetport Airport is 47 miles away.
- Staff was very friendly, room was clean, bed was comfortable.
- The staff was friendly and willing to help with finding food options in the area.
The breakfast had many options. The eggs and sausage were not very warm though.
The room was perfect for my two girls and I.
It was a nonsmoking room however had a slight smell of smoke. Maybe was coming through vents??
- I love this hotel, always very clean and tidy. The environment is great. Worth the money. In a good location.
- Excellent experience. I’ve stayed in this hotel five times now.
Howard Johnson Portsmouth
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Howard Johnson Portsmouth offers accommodations in Portsmouth, just 5 miles from The Kittery Outlets.All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Portland International Jetport Airport, 46 miles from the property.
- Comfy beds, clean rooms, updated fixtures, good location, nice shower, heat works well, and noise wasn’t too loud.
- Central location with access to some local amenities.
- Easy location to access off of the interstate. Room was clean and bed was comfy. Pretty good value for your money!
- The room was clean and comfortable. The decor was fun with a nostalgic with it’s mid century vibe!
- The Howard Johnson far exceeded my expectations. I was caught in a storm traveling home up north, and decided it would be best to stay the night even though I was about 2 hours away. The room at Howard Johnson was a designers dream; newly renovated in a charming modern-retro style. It was warm, cozy, fresh and clean. A perfect solace from the storm. Breakfast was included and started at 6am with a lovely selection of food and beverage. The staff were kind and pleasant. I will be frequenting Portsmouth more often just to stay at this affordable and comfortable and hotel.
Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown
One of our best sellers in Portsmouth! Set in the heart of downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire, minutes from tours of the Isle of Shoals, this hotel offers comfortable guestrooms with HD TVs and an on-site restaurant.Hilton Garden Inn Portsmouth Downtown features a 24-hour business center. Guests will also enjoy the indoor pool with hot tub as well as the contemporary fitness center at this completely smoke-free hotel.The guestrooms at the Portsmouth Hilton Garden Inn offers hospitality centers with microwaves, refrigerators and coffeemakers. Guests can also get some work done with their spacious desk with an ergonomic chair.The Great American Grill at the Downtown Portsmouth Hilton Garden Inn serves breakfast and dinner. Guests can enjoy a drink in the lounge or order a meal from room service.
- Staff was exceptional and helpful, and the room was perfect for a weekend away. Location could not be better to many restaurants and bars.
- Breakfast with a chef to cook pancakes or waffles or omelets you wanted for breakfast
- Easy walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. Has a bar and restaurant on-site. Room was big and clean. Attentive staff.
- Excellent location. Restaurant was outstanding first day for breakfast.
- Wasn’t my first stay and got exactly what I was expecting
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Easily accessible from Interstate 95 and a short drive from the historic downtown area, this Portsmouth, New Hampshire hotel features a free daily hot breakfast and free local shuttle service.While staying at the Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central, take advantage of free high-speed internet access or the modern fitness center. Relax after a long day in the indoor pool and Jacuzzi or enjoy a cup of coffee from in-room coffeemakers.The Kittery Outlet Shopping Center, Pease Golf Course and Prescott Park are easily accessible with the Central Portsmouth Hampton Inn’s free shuttle service within a 5 miles radius. The University of New Hampshire is also within driving distance.
- The rooms were very homey, liked the toiletries provided, love that there’s a big fridge and microwave in the room
- Staff is friendly, room was clean and comfortable, good location.
- We like the location, very accessible to Portsmouth and Kittery; also enjoyed the cocktail/appetizer hour they put on for the hotel guests! The hotel staff is friendly and helpful, would def stay again.
- Lobby was modern and very welcoming. The continental breakfast was excellent, along with the complimentary cocktail hour on Saturday.
- The staff was extremely helpful, and the beds were so comfy
The Hotel Portsmouth – Downtown
One of our top picks in Portsmouth – and a guest favorite.
In the historic Haymarket Square area in the center of Portsmouth, this hotel is in a charming Victorian manor house, and provides free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. Market Square, with all its shops and restaurants, is just over a quarter mile away.Rooms at The Hotel Portsmouth include a flat-screen TV, air conditioning and an iPod docking station. Featuring a bathtub or shower, the private bathrooms also have a hairdryer and free toiletries.A 24-hour front desk welcomes guests to The Hotel Portsmouth, which features on-site meeting rooms and a Victorian parlor where guests can relax. Free parking is available on site.The Hotel Portsmouth is just a 10-minute walk from Prescott Park on the Portsmouth waterfront. The Strawbery Banke Museum is half a mile away and Kittery Outlets is less than a 10-minute drive away.
- hotel is just beautiful and the location is perfect.
- Great attention to detail, friendly staff, spacious room with comfortable matress and tons of pillows, immaculately clean, good breakfast that included some imaginative offerings, perfect location and off street parking.
- The room and bathroom were modern and clean. Nicely decorated. The breakfast was included. We loved the hotel.
- The beds & pillows were so comfy !!!! We slept so well !
- Great location. The hotel was beautiful and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating!
Top Hotels In Portsmouth New Hampshire Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Portsmouth New Hampshire to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Portsmouth New Hampshire but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Portsmouth New Hampshire. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!