10 Best Hotels To Stay In Portbail Lower Normandy – Top Hotel Reviews
Portbail Lower Normandy is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Portbail Lower Normandy. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Portbail Lower Normandy. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Portbail Lower Normandy. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Portbail Lower Normandy right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Portbail Lower Normandy with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Portbail Lower Normandy:
Hôtel De Paris
One of our top picks in Barneville-Carteret.This property is a 18-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hôtel De Paris offers accommodations in Barneville-Carteret, just 27 miles from Sark. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a TV. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.There is luggage storage space at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Cherbourg en Cotentin is 19 miles from Hôtel De Paris, and Saint Helier Jersey is 21 miles away.
- A great one night stay in a comfy room, bright & spacious, a good location, nothing to complain about, lady on reception was pleasant, breakfast ok.
- Nice Hotel for short stay in Barneville – short distance to Carteret. Good for solo travellers. Clean room and bathroom. Great value of money. Lovely town.
- Good breakfast and comfortable bed. Good and reliable wifi.
Receptionist and hotel manager were extremely rude. On departure the hotel manager ripped our suitcase as we checked out early due to the poor customer service and rudeness. We accidentally booked two family
Rooms.. as confirmation via booking.com was incorrect. Hotel manager demanded we pay…
Chased my husband down the street screaming she would call the police. Terrible
Comfortable and clean with a very pleasant Owner and staff, our evening meal was typically French,wholesome,tasty and value for money.
We skipped breakfast so can`t comment, would stay here again !
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Jersey offers accommodations in Barneville-Carteret, just 27 miles from Sark.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. Every room includes a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.Cherbourg en Cotentin is 20 miles from Hotel Jersey, and Saint Helier Jersey is 20 miles from the property. Pleurtuit Airport is 56 miles away.
- The owner and his wife were very charming and hospitable. Made us feel very welcome and could not do enough for us.
- I arrived early and the hosts admitted me without demur despite me disturbing their afternoon. The Wi-Fi was incredibly strong and free. The room was extremely comfortable and the shower was strong and hot. Bed very comfortable and the room was exceptionally quiet, slept extremely well. Secure overnight bicycle storage. Possibly the cleanest hotel I have visited ever. The breakfast was copious with excellent ingredients. Exceptional standards.
- Helpful owner and convenient location could walk to the beach and good restaurants.
- Very helpful and courteous owners. Extremely clean. This is a good budget option for staying in Barneville-Carteret.
- The couple who own and run the hotel are delightful and very welcoming. The hotel was spotless and they pay great attention to detail. They want their guests to enjoy their stay.
Hôtel La Marine
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Hôtel La Marine is located in Barneville-Carteret, just 26 miles from Sark. The hotel has a terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Every room includes a flat-screen TV. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.Cherbourg en Cotentin is 19 miles from Hôtel La Marine, and Saint Helier Jersey is 20 miles from the property. Pleurtuit Airport is 56 miles away.
- Liked having a bath as well as a shower. Nice location and would have been even better in good weather with the views and outside space provided. Staff very efficient and helpful. Restaurant was excellent.
- An outstandingly good hotel which we found to be really excellent
- Beautiful room and balcony with great views. Very good restaurant. Friendly staff. Easy half hour drive from Cherbourg ferry to this attractive location.
- Lovely staff, wonderful food, great location. Our 5th visit and it just keeps getting better.
Fantastic views and location, nice walks along the estuary down past restaurants and down
to lovely beach. great beach bar restaurant
Restaurant Bar La Plage
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Situated in the seaside resort of Barneville-Carteret, Restaurant Bar La Plage offers a terrace and a bar. It is only 500 feet from the beach.The guestrooms at Restaurant Bar La Plage are cozy and quiet and feature a private terrace. They are equipped with modern facilities including a private bathroom, TV and free Wi-Fi access. Bed linen and towels are provided.Guests can relax in the garden and on the private terrace.Barneville-Carteret is 15.5 miles from Cherbourg and free parking is available onsite.
- A charming small hotel, with comfortable rooms, secure parking and free wi-fi. The beds were comfortable, the rooms warm and the shower excellent. The real bonus was the friendly welcome from the owners (and Joe the cocker spaniel !) who couldn’t do enough to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast the following morning was perfect, fresh bread, croissants, preserves, yoghurt and juice with fresh coffee. I would recommend to anyone.
- Friendliest Frenchman owner in France. Super location also for travelling to ship in Cherbourg following day. Great breakfast, lovely comfortable room with car parking outside. Beautiful village. Great place.
- Wonderful hosts. Very, very friendly and helpful. Comfortable sized room with good facilities. And there was a plug for the hand basin underneath. Ample breakfast. There was a selection of very good beers in the bar – comment from a beer aficionado!
- Great location, almost at a beach. Didier abd his wife were so welcoming. They did everything they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible
- The owners were very welcoming. Location, it is only a 5 mins walk to the beach. However, the beach is tidal, naturally and when the tide is out you would find yourself walking up to 500 metres to get to the sea over seaweed.
Hôtel Restaurant Des Isles
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Hôtel Restaurant Des Isles offers accommodations in Barneville-Carteret. The hotel has a seasonal outdoor pool and terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.All rooms include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.Sark is 27 miles from Hotel Restaurant Isles, and Cherbourg en Cotentin is 20 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Pleurtuit Airport, 56 miles from Hôtel Restaurant Des Isles.
- Location béât n’y thé beach & thé interior décoration
The bathroom was very small,no where to put anything down or evenhang the towels.
certainly not value for the money.
- This hotel is very good suited for people who want to hike, walk the beach or ride around the countryside. Breakfast (we took it only once) is plentiful, dinner is served either on the porch or in the dining room with a great variety of meals, the bar is well stocked with all you can imagine, and the staff is friendly and always eager to help you.
The staff were first class, a very quiet french hotel situated on the sea front, a huge balcony, we had a corner room. Dinner was excellent as was breakfast. We speak very little French but did get by with a giggle and help.
I would recommend this hotel, it is great. The town is divided by the estuary and I did not see any where I would have chosen over this one, either side.
- We were lucky and got one of rooms with a balcony fantastic view over the beach. Food was excellent especially if you enjoy sea food
Hôtel Restaurant Le Cap
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Barneville-Carteret, 26 miles from Sark, Hôtel Restaurant Le Cap features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi.The rooms include a TV. Every room includes a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Cherbourg en Cotentin is 20 miles from Hôtel Restaurant Le Cap, and Saint Helier Jersey is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Pleurtuit Airport, 56 miles from Hôtel Restaurant Le Cap.
- Our rooms were small and dull. Excellent shower in tiny bathroom. Wonderful Seafood, fruit de Mere etc. But the menu stayed unchanged and after four days we needed a change. Staff were generally helpful and smiling.
- Did not have breakfast. The location is very good – seaview from room. Chose to eat in the restaurant – good service, very fresh seafood and good wine.
- The restaurant was good value and the food was very good. We booked a sea view room and were very pleased we did so.
- The bed was very comfy and the room had a lovely view over the beach.
- The hotel was very convenient for the ferry to Jersey. Seemed like good restaurant felt guilty not using but found nice restaurant with friendly staff just down street while out walking.
Relais du Silence- Hôtel restaurant Les Ormes
One of our best sellers in Barneville-Carteret! This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, Relais du Silence- Hôtel restaurant Les Ormes offers accommodations in Barneville-Carteret. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room has a TV. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom.Sark is 26 miles from Relais du Silence- hôtel les Ormes, and Cherbourg en Cotentin is 19 miles from the property.
- The whole hotel was welcoming — reception, staff, lounge area, dining room, bedroom and charming garden. Breakfast was high quality and sufficient without the frills some deliver.
- An excellent evening meal. Friendly staff, Great location.
- Loved this hotel, beautifully decorated. Very helpful staff and good value. Would have liked to eat in the restaurant but the chef was sick which was a shame so will have to go back when he is better. Would definitely stay here again.
- It was a silent hotel! staffed with young efficient staff ever eager to please . Delightful experience.
Friendly staff, comfortable room and the bathroom had a bath. The breakfast was nice, too.
Les Ormes is nicely situated just off the main Carteret “high street” making it close to bars, shops and restaurants but quiet.
Le Château de Bricquebec
Offering an outstanding historic environment, the Hostellerie du Château is set in a well-preserved medieval castle surrounded by ramparts.Discover all the charm of past times during your stay at the Hostellerie du Château, a quiet and peaceful hotel located at the heart of the Cotentin peninsula, while enjoying all the modern comforts.Travel back in time during your dinner in the Knights’ Dining Room. Taste an elegant and authentic cuisine based on flavors from the past, with a little modern twist from the chef. The area offers numerous recreational opportunities (such as horseback riding, a swimming pool and tennis courts), which makes the Hostellerie du Château a perfect choice both for a family vacation or a romantic weekend.
- What girl doesn’t dream of spending the night in a Castle? It was a special treat at an affordable price! Breakfast was excellent and more than your average fare. The floors were creaky & it had that “old smell” which in any other hotel would have been a detraction…but it just added to the ambience of this beautiful gem! It also had the best in room WiFi connection of any place we stayed during our entire trip to France!
- The friendliness of the staff and the proprietor, who did everything they could to make our Christmas holiday special.
- The owner was superb could’nt do enough for us 100 % satified in every way possible am not the easiest person to please but wow my thanks to the owner Mr P and I shall be back as soon as I can .
- splendid building, comfortable room the only downside was the restaurant wasclosed during our stay. No problem as there are options in the town
- The hotel is in an old Castle (Queen Victoria slept there in 1857). The food was good, breakfast and dinner.
Le Colquin is located in La Haye-du-Puits, just 24 miles from Cherbourg en Cotentin. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms include a TV. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. Saint Helier Jersey is 26 miles from Le Colquin, and Saint Lo is 24 miles from the property. Pleurtuit Airport is 54 miles away.
- We chose the hotel for its location as we are buying a property nearby. The room as comfortable, the host was obliging. The hotel takes dogs, which was a must for us.
- Very nice host and restaurant on site serving excellent food
- Very comfortable basic country hotel. Hosts were extremely amiable and helpful. The room was huge and the shower good and strong and hot. Wi-Fi was very good and free. The hosts let me store my bicycle in reception overnight. I had both dinner and breakfast in Le Colquin and both were good, the Monsieur even heated the pastries for breakfast. Extremely good value for money (€35). Its not the Ritz, nor did I want the Ritz.
- One toilet between 7 rooms excellent!, paper thin walls, noisy boys on screaming two stroke mopeds late at night. Real fun pay a little more and have a decent night sleep
- Good location. Nice ambience. Good price. Nice restaurant.
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Le Commerce offers pet-friendly accommodations in La Haye-du-Puits. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room includes a TV. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.Cherbourg en Cotentin is 24 miles from Le Commerce, and Saint Helier Jersey is 26 miles away. Pleurtuit Airport is 54 miles from the property.
- Comfortable bed. Excellent restaurant serving good house red wine and delicious local cider. Service was good, too. La Haye is a very nice, well kept town.
- Great location, very friendly staff and very good onsite restaurant. Spacious room, quiet.
- Absolutely in the centre of the town, with good accommodation and a lovely restaurant. We were cycling from Cherbourg to Mont St Michel and found it was an ideal first night stop. It is roughly half way along a superb green road.
Hotel has best restaurant in the town so a bonus (great steaks cooked on open fires)
Room prices are very good (although reflects what you get)
- Pour une nuit de passage, je n avais pas d exigence, seule la propriété m importe. Et c’est correct.
Top Hotels In Portbail Lower Normandy Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Portbail Lower Normandy to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Portbail Lower Normandy but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Portbail Lower Normandy. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!