10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ponferrada Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
Ponferrada Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ponferrada Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ponferrada Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ponferrada Castile and Leon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ponferrada Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ponferrada Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ponferrada Castile And Leon:
Hotel Aroi Bierzo Plaza
One of our top picks in Ponferrada.Hotel Aroi Bierzo Plaza is in the heart of Ponferrada, by the town hall. Its attractive rooms all offer a free minibar, free Wi-Fi access and air conditioning.Aroi Bierzo Plaza is just feet from the Bierzo Museum. The 12th-century Los Templarios Castle is a short walk away. The Radio Museum is also nearby. Ponferrada is the last city on the Camino de Santiago before it reaches Galicia.The hotel is set in a historic building with elegant arches. Most rooms have a balcony, and all are en suite. There is a bar-cafe and a 24-hour front desk.Aroi Bierzo Plaza has 2 restaurants. The Mesón La Taberna offers a range of typical tapas. Regional meals are served at the La Violeta restaurant.
- Great location on main old square. Nice breakfast buffet with super nice staff who got me gluten free toast (nice early breakfast for starting Camino). Decent rooms. Clean. Good choice.
- Great location and a nice luxury on the Camino de Santiago. Breakfast was great.
- Good location on the square. Large room with an extra large bathroom. Friendly staff.
- Possibly the best value-for-money hotel we’vve stayed in in Europe this trip, and the best-value hotel we’ve stayed in on the Camino. Wonderfully comfortable and a fabulous breakfast. But the central plaza itself, and perhaps the city, were not that interesting or entertaining. A very quiet afternoon evening the day we were there. But if in ponferrada, I’d stay at the hotel every time.
- Situation in the Plaza in the old town is great. Friendly staff ,nice rooms it’s the only place we stop in Ponferrada.
Hostal San Miguel
Located in Ponferrada, 28 miles from Astorga, Hostal San Miguel features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Villafranca del Bierzo is 12 miles from Hostal San Miguel, and Las Médulas is 11 miles away.
- Bed very comfortable and room fine for a short stay.
- The owner was incredibly friendly and helpful. The location was perfect and the hotel was clean. Hotel also has restaurant right across the street.
- Very clean faciliies. Two brothers run the “front desk” at their restaurant bar and were very helpful hosts. I enjoyed dining and sharing wine with them. Good security at hostal. Short walk up to the historical center. Very lively evenings at tapas places there.??
- A spur-of-the moment, last-minute booking. Made out very well with it.
- The gentleman that helped me around the corner at the bar was extremely rude and condescending, speaking Spanish “about” me to the patrons. I was hot and tired from the Camino de Santiago and just wanted to get in my room. He made the whole experience terrible. The younger gentleman at the bar finally stepped in and was very kind. But it almost seemed too little too late. Then the room was so small I could barely move in it.
Hotel Los Templarios
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Hotel Los Templarios offers accommodations in Ponferrada, just 28 miles from Astorga. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a TV. Certain units feature a sitting area where you can relax. All rooms come with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Bike rental and car rental are available at this hotel and the area is popular for skiing.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. Villafranca del Bierzo is 12 miles from Hotel Los Templarios, and Las Médulas is 11 miles away.
- Great location, nice and clean small room, hot shower, value for money.
- Great location right on camino and in the old town
- The staff was very helpful to me as I needed to make some phone calls which they did for me. Also gave me ice for sore feet. Hotel us small and a bit dated but food was good and pretty comfy.
- Great location for restaurants, bars and historic centre
- Well located and a good stopover. Quiet for a location such as this.
Hotel Aroi Ponferrada
One of our best sellers in Ponferrada! The Aroi Ponferrada Hotel is close to Ponferrada’s main shopping area and within walking distance of the Templar Castle and the Museo Bierzo. It has free Wi-Fi and complimentary minibars.The modern rooms all have flat-screen TVs, telephone and air-conditioning. Children up to 12 years can stay for free when using existing beds.Aroi Ponferrada has a quiet reading area in the lobby where you can find newspapers.The hotel offers a buffet breakfast. There is a cafe offering drinks and snacks throughout the day.Ponferrada is the final city on the Camino de Santiago before you reach Galicia. The hotel is located just off the Avenida de España, the business center of the city. Public parking can be found nearby.
- Beautiful bit of luxury after a long hike. No sign of bed bugs here either.
- Staff very helpful, clean comfortable room near the train station
- Nice hotel with very modern and clean room. Room was not large, but was quite comfortable. Very quiet — no street noise. Close to train.
- Beds were white sheeted, large and comfortable. Lots of pillows. Felt clean and fresh.
- Excellent location for taking train. Good breakfast. Treasure is the La Bodeguilla restaurant behind it.
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Temple Ponferrada offers accommodations in Ponferrada. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or city. All rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Astorga is 29 miles from Temple Ponferrada, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 11 miles from the property.
- Staff at reception were exceptionally friendly and helpful
comfy bed, nice staff. could of done with brewing facilities in the room.
over all a nice stay.
- Comfortable room with nice view on the local park across the street. The hotel has a medieval theme based on the Knights Templer castle downtown. Had a very nice excelent value for money diner in the restaurant. Easy parking on the street behind the hotel. 10-15 min. walk to the medieval city centre with the old castle.
- Central to new town centre, average hotel, design a little dated. Clean and comfortable. Street parking around the hotel, discount petrol station behind hotel. It is driving distance to the old town where to templers fort is.
- The temple hotel looks so good and makes the stay there to be special.
Hotel El Castillo
Located in Ponferrada, 28 miles from Astorga, Hotel El Castillo features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some units have a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a bidet.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Villafranca del Bierzo is 12 miles from Hotel El Castillo, and Las Médulas is 11 miles away.
- Right next to the castle, large room, large bathtub!
- Great location. Lovely food and very friendly staff.
- Large room with spacious bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The drapes work well. Wifi and hot water are good. The staff is very helpful.
- Nice modern and clean rooms. Great location near the castle.
- The parking Garage downstairs was very handy for storing and setting up my Camino bike. Late checkin facility was very useful. Reception staff very friendly. The shower was excellent.
Set on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route and 1,000 feet from the A-6 Motorway, this hotel is 1,300 feet from Ponferrada’s National Energy Museum. Los Templarios Castle is 2.2 miles from the property. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Rooms at Hotel Novo feature feature a flat-screen TV and air conditioning. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries, bath, and hairdryer. They also include a wardrobe and a desk.The Novo also features a cafeteria and a restaurant, serving traditional Spanish cuisine and tapas dishes. There is a terrace with background music.The hotel is 7 minutes’ drive from the centre of Ponferrada. There is a padel club next door. El Bierzo Golf Course and the Bárcena Reservoir are 6.2 miles away, while León is 69.6 miles away.
- Hotel Novo was a very pleasant surprise, there is a cafeteria on site that opens at 6:30 am and is open late for dinner. Access to the highway is very easy, no getting lost in downtown. Easy to get to a supermarket to pick up supplies for the trip. Room was 100% clean, great bathroom, and heating was excelent. also there is a kitchen on each floor for you to prep your dinner or snacks for the road.
- Walking the Camino so it was good to have soft towels.
- Great value and facilities. Located on the Camino. It was the perfect spot for us to take a rest day while on our Camino. Hotel had a cafe and a restaurant for dining options. There is also a grocery store within a 10 minutes walking and the hotel has a guest kitchen, which we really enjoyed. There is no refrigerator but the grocery store is so close, it worked out great. The room was basic but clean. Overall it was a very affordable stop. I’d definitely recommend to any Pilgrims.
- Clean, simply furnished and air conditioned rooms. The hotel staff were very helpful and there was safe storage overnight for bulky items ( surfboards). Restaurant staff were very welcoming.
- Very tired establishment. Parking not secure as on Motor Bike
Hotel Alda Centro Ponferrada
Hotel Alda Centro Ponferrada is located in Ponferrada, just 28 miles from Astorga.Villafranca del Bierzo is 12 miles from Hotel Alda Centro Ponferrada, and Las Médulas is 11 miles away.
No reviews yet.
AC Hotel Ponferrada, a Marriott Lifestyle Hotel
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, AC Hotel Ponferrada, a Marriott Lifestyle Hotel offers accommodations in Ponferrada. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a TV. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. Astorga is 28 miles from AC Hotel Ponferrada, a Marriott Lif, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 12 miles away.
- We arrived soaking wet but received a warm welcome from the staff.room comfortable and spacious.enjoyed a pleasant drink and dinner in the very lively bar area.live music too.
- Super comfortable room, just what we needed after a long walk on the Camino! The staff were so helpful, and spoke excellent English which was a big help. Wonderful buffet breakfast.
- THE FOOD WAS GOOD. THE STAFF WERE VERY NICE AND HELPFULL. ABSOLUTE TOP SERVICE.
- Good Hotel for an overnight stay. Staff where great, friendly and helpfull. We parked our motorcycles in the underground carpark which is small, secure and great for bikes. You would not be able to park a car in this facility you would need to use local parking. The room was modern and clean with a comfy bed and nice shower. We walked for 12 minutes into the old sqaure area where there are lots of bars and eateries.
- Parking, stylish rooms, comfy beds, quite, central location, breakfast,
Hotel Celuisma Ponferrada
Hotel Celuisma Ponferrada is located in Ponferrada, 29 miles from Astorga and 11 miles from Villafranca del Bierzo. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV. Some rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.
- The hotel is outside the town centre but an easy walk of about 30 minutes.
- Staff was helpful, although there seemed to be a problem with finding a non-smoking room. Wifi was good (for a hotel): 13.10 Mbit/s down, 10.33 Mbit/s up. Great room and bathroom.
- El hotel está muy bien. The hotel is very nice and modern.
- Good size clean rooms, good location, spacious building, all excellent
– staff was very friendly
– room was big and clean
Top Hotels In Ponferrada Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ponferrada Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ponferrada Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ponferrada Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!