10 Best Hotels To Stay In Polk City Iowa – Top Hotel Reviews
Polk City Iowa is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Polk City Iowa. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Polk City Iowa. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Polk City Iowa. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Polk City Iowa right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Polk City Iowa with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Polk City Iowa:
Boulders Inn & Suites – Polk City
Adjacent to the Tournament Golf Club of Iowa, this Polk City hotel offers guest rooms with 32-inch flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. A hot breakfast is served each morning.A small refrigerator and a microwave are included in each room at Boulders Inn & Suites Polk City. A work desk and ironing facilties are also provided in all guest rooms.Guests can catch up on work in the business centre or enjoy a workout in the fitness centre at Polk City Boulders Inn and Suites. Laundry facilities are also available on site.Big Creek State Park is 8 minutes’ drive from this hotel. Des Moines city centre is 20 miles away.
- Room was clean, beds comfortable, dining area and halls clean. Hotel is in a remote area but it’s a nice area, worth traveling to. Will stay here again. It’s nice front door is secured at night.
- Lovely setting on the golf course with nice views from room and breakfast area. Very helpful front desk staff. Decent breakfast. Clean room. Well kept facility. Very friendly prices. Short drive to town square and restaurants. The pizza place they recommended was great. Good food and huge portions.
- Overly quiet in the suburb of nowhere but serene tranquility!
- It was in a quiet location. It was well taken care of. Breakfast was good. Had a variety of selections to chose from. Staff was friendly and very helpful.
- Close to family that live there, nice view of the golf course, comfortable and clean.
Ramada Inn Ankeny
One of our best sellers in Ankeny! Ramada Inn Ankeny is located in Ankeny, 10 miles from Des Moines and 21 miles from Ames. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Des Moines International Airport is 14 miles from the property.
- The breakfast in the morning is at the cafe connected to the hotel- it was delicious and a great value for the price of the room!
- Comfy queen sized bed, Delicious Complimentary or discounted breakfast, the pool was nice and warm for winter time which is some good thinking.
- The hotel was cleaned and the room was very nice! Loved that there is a diner next to the hotel. Would like to come back again! This will be our number one hotel to go to whenever we go to Ankeny!
- This is an older Ramada Inn but well maintained. No breakfast included but there is a great Diner connected to this motel and they have great food.
- The desk clerks were cheerful and helpful. The room opened to the pool area (my request) but smelled damp. The breakfast at the Ankeny Diner consisted of 4 free choices or $4.50 off the regular menu.
Quality Inn & Suites Ankeny
Quality Inn & Suites Ankeny is located in Ankeny, just 10 miles from Des Moines. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom.Ames is 21 miles from Quality Inn & Suites Ankeny, and West Des Moines is 15 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Des Moines International Airport, 14 miles from the property.
- The place had rotten food in fridge,hot tubhad hair in it and nasty tissue in the bed.
- Very dirty and webby. Cat hair covered bed. Broken window missing glass. Outlet I used to charge phone didn’t work, so dead phone. Cold breakfast right when it opened. Booooo
- We could see your location easily but there was no sign to indicate how to get into the actual building. We went round 3 times before we realized we had to enter off a side street before we realized that was how to gain entry.
Upon arrival I was a little confused as to where the entrance to the hotel was and turned into the wrong parking lot. Found the not so greatly marked entrance to a tight parking lot. Entered a very tight lobby only to be greeted by a very friendly attendant who got me checked right in! My room was cooled to perfection and wonderfuly appointed -barring the very short closet that made my maid of honor dress crumple at the bottom. Aside from that my room was absolutely wonderful! A nice handwritten note from housekeeping welcoming me and wishing me a wonderful stay. The hotel itself very quiet and clean. The friendliest of staff from housekeeping to lobby attendants!
Now to the breakfast…. AMAZING!!! One of the best I’ve had with an awesome selection! Right up there with some 5 star hotels!! I give this hotel 4.75 stars and will definitely stay here again whenever in Ankeny! Thanks so much for a wonderful stay!!
- A great place to stay. Clean facilities, friendly staff, and a good breakfast too!
Microtel Inn & Suites Urbandale
One of our top picks in Urbandale.This Urbandale hotel is just off Interstate 80 and 20 minutes’ drive from central Des Moines, Iowa. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi access in every room and an on-site fitness centre.Cable TV is provided in every room at Microtel Inn & Suites Urbandale. For added convenience, a hairdryer and ironing facilities are also included.A daily continental breakfast is served at Urbandale Microtel Inn & Suites. Fax and photocopying services are available at the 24-hour front desk.Adventureland amusement park is 20 minutes’ drive from the hotel. Shopping at Merle Hay Mall is 3.7 miles away.
- Did not have the breakfast,only because I slept in on comfy bed. Also enjoyed spacious room, with the adjoining hot tub! I actually live in town, and did not know Microtel had hot tubs,will be going back for sure!
- The room was comfortable. The furnishings were up to date. The shower and the bed were good. The breakfast with make your own waffles was good. The staff was very helpful throughout our two night stay.
- Front Desk manager was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a quiet, restful night, and a nice, hot shower.
- Our stay was great, except for the fire alarms & being evacuated in the cold, but being safe is the up most inportance. Thanks again for the night. would recommend to anyone!!
- Clean facility, friendly staff, safe parking, restaraunt close by, nice area.
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ankeny, IA
Only 15 miles from Des Moines International Airport, this Ankeny, Iowa hotel serves a daily hot breakfast with eggs, fruit, bagels, and more. Free Wi-Fi access is available.A 42-inch flat-screen cable TV is included in every room at Country Inn & Suites Ankeny. For added convenience, a hairdryer and coffee maker are also available.An indoor pool and fitness center are available at Ankeny Country Inn & Suites. Other facilities include meeting facilities, luggage storage and a laundry.Adventureland Park is 8 miles away. The Science Center of Iowa can be reached in a 15-minute drive. The property provides free parking.
- The staff was great they made us feel very welcome. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and we will most definitely stay there again!
- Disappointed in breakfast, thought there would be some meat on the buffet. There was only one warming pan. The other one was empty. Had a cup of coffee and it was really good. Room was great, and staff was super nice.
- The beds are very comfortable and very close to restaurants and shopping
- I checked in after midnight after air travel delays. The staff member working the registration desk was very friendly, professional, courteous and efficient with the check-in process. Had paperwork ready before I got there. Her upbeat, positive attitude was refreshing after a tiresome travel day.
- Nice breakfast selections, Egg casserole was good, they also had O’Brien potatoes, waffle maker available and the usual cereal etc. The coffee was good, they had a couple of selections and it as not weak. Plus cookies available at the desk. The water pressure was good in the shower. It had restaurants (Outback and the Waterfront Seafood Restaurant) close by, we did not have to go through traffic, they are just up the side street the hotel is on. Easy on and off highway. It was quiet when we stayed, we were on the 3rd floor. The linens on the bed were nice, good pillows and plenty of towels. The parking lot was well lit and I felt comfortable leaving my big suitcase in it overnight.
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center – Des Moines
Located off Interstate 80 and less than a 10-minute drive from downtown Des Moines, this rustic-themed Iowa hotel features guest rooms with flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning.Tea and coffee-making facilities are provided in every guest room at the Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center-Des Moines. A hairdryer and a work desk are also included in each room.Guests can swim in the heated indoor/outdoor pool or relax in the hot tub at the Des Moines Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center. A fitness center and business center are also available on site.Bearly’s Bar, on site, serves beer, wine and cocktails each evening every Monday through Saturday. Freshly baked pizza and finger foods are also available.The Adventureland Park is less than a 20-minute drive from the property. The Des Moines Wells Fargo Arena, Drake University and the Iowa State Fair Grounds are within 15 miles of the hotel.
- The pool was nice a little small for the amount people using pool.
- was very hot in room even with heat off we stayed during winter months .. unable to open windows sooo uncomfortable due to heat
- Breakfast was better than usual for free hotel breakfast. Bed was very comfy. The room was quiet.
- Large comfortable bed, nice clean bathroom, staff was nice and very helpful
- Cozy welcoming hotel. Rooms were spacious & clean. pool & hot tub was great staff helpful. Right off interstate
Days Inn Des Moines/Merle Hay
Featuring free WiFi, Days Inn Des Moines/Merle Hay offers accommodations in Urbandale, just 6 miles from Des Moines. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Ames is 26 miles from Days Des Moines/Merle Hay, and West Des Moines is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is Des Moines International Airport, 8 miles from Days Inn Des Moines/Merle Hay.
- The bed was very comfortable. The shower could use a little more water pressure.
- I really liked how Nice the staff is especially the lady that worked the night we stayed and its very clean and quite
- bed was made everyday nice and neat and stocked all towels.
- The evening desk attendant was very nice and respectful and did all she could do to help us.
- Charged a $50 pet fee when booking.com sent us to a non pet friendly hotel and neither the hotel or booking would give money back. I’ll never use booking again or stay at a days inn.
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale offers accommodations in Urbandale, just 8 miles from Des Moines.Every room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms have a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Ames is 27 miles from Fairfield by Marriott Des Moines , and West Des Moines is 6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Des Moines International Airport, 9 miles from Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale.
- Staff was friendly, the room was clean, large and comfortable. The room was quiet.
- The location of the hotel was great for us, and when we reached the hotel the room was large and very quiet.
- Pool hours are great, rooms are very clean, and the bed was comfy.
Breakfast was awful…The coffee is probably the worst I have ever had
in my life, and had to run out every morning to purchase
elsewhere…OMG(osh…The sausage, however, was excellent!
- Everything was clean and well kept. Rooms were larg and clean, everything was perfect for our stay.
Days Inn Des Moines – West Clive
This hotel is within one block of the Clive Aquatic Center. The hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi and a continental breakfast.Days Inn Des Moines – West Clive features a 27-inch cable TV and a coffee maker in all guest rooms. Rooms also provide amenities including an alarm clock and ironing facilities.A business center and meeting room are available at the Clive Days Inn. This pet-friendly hotel also offers free on-site parking.Downtown Des Moines is a 15-minute drive of the Days Inn Clive. Drake University is 7 miles away.
- Sheets were dirty. Heater didn’t work. Screws on safety lock falling off and asked staff to come tighten, they did. Did not feel safe. Had to change rooms from first room because there was poop and pee in the toilet when I got there. Really gross and scary. Don’t stay here!
- Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff went out of there way to meet our requests
- Bed was comfy. Easy in and out of the facility. Close to many things and family.
- I liked parking just outside of my room. We had a pet with and it made it easier to go out. The room was clean and the bed comfortable.
- It was a place to stay for the night and that’s about it! Our check in was super non personal. The room was mediocre at the very best. There were stains all over the carpets in common areas and room. The common areas wreaked of cigarettes(room was ok) The elevator was open to the public-meaning no security to the guests. The breakfast area was so small we went to a Denny’s across the interstate(Which was outstanding).
La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines West Clive
An indoor pool is available on site at this Clive, Iowa hotel. Each room includes a flat-screen cable TV, and downtown Des Moines is 11 miles away.Free Wi-Fi is provided in every room at La Quinta Inn & Suites Des Moines West Clive. For added convenience, tea and coffee-making facilities are also included.Waffles, fresh fruit, and cereal are featured in the daily continental breakfast served at Des Moines West Clive La Quinta Inn & Suites. A fitness center and laundromat facilities are provided, as well.Drake University is 8 miles from this hotel. Adventureland Amusement Park can be reached in a 20-minute drive.
- The room was clean staff helpful and friendly. The bed was comfortable. I would stay again.
- The price was great. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable
- The comfort beds and good night sleep. The rooms was clean. The staff very friendly and helpful. I would stay again
- Great price. Not a large room but clean. Pool and hot tub were a nice addition.
- Easy access off of interstate. Price was right. Room was great.
Top Hotels In Polk City Iowa Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Polk City Iowa to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Polk City Iowa but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Polk City Iowa. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!