10 Best Hotels To Stay In Plentzia Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Plentzia Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Plentzia Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Plentzia Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Plentzia Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Plentzia Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Plentzia Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Plentzia Basque Country:
Hotel Boutique Bahía de Plentzia
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. The hotel is located in the center of Plentzia, a traditional coastal town just 16 mi from Bilbao and 9.3 mi from the airport and located very close to Plentzia beach.Plentzia beach is considered one of the best of the Bay of Biscay and offers the option to practice an array of water sports.The establishment with its panoramic views over the Plentzia estuary offers 10 guest rooms and 4 apartments, fully-equipped for your comfort.In addition, there is a restaurant serving traditional cuisine and a coffee shop service overlooking the Paseo de la Ría de Plentzia.
- The Staff was really friendly and did everything to meet our needs and really gave us a great experience. Kids loved it and so did we. The staff everywhere were very friendly and helpful.
- It has an excellent central location next to the river. The staff were friendly and helpful.
- Excellent location with lovely views of the river. Rooms very comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly, warm and welcoming.
- Hotel appears to be brand new – well situated in nice village area – near metro for city access – free parking close by –
- Excellent hotel in a fantastic location…hotel staff were fantastic.
This property is a 18-minute walk from the beach. Modus Vivendi is 1,300 feet from Sopelana Metro Station, with trains to Bilbao, 11 mi away. Free WiFi is offered, and it is 1.1 mi to Sopelana Beach.The hotel has a gym and sauna. The tour desk can organize several excursions to the surrounding area.All air-conditioned rooms have satellite TV and wooden floors. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer. Some rooms have a private balcony and hydro-massage bath.There is a bar in the Modus Vivendi Hotel. Shops and restaurants can be found within a short walk of the hotel.
- Excellent location, easy walk to the Metro, and to the fantastic local beaches, or to nearby shops and restaurants. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly and could speak English to us. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, especially the suite which had a balcony, (which we could use to dry our swimming costumes) and the breakfast provided was delicious. Lovely local bakeries, fruit shops and supermarkets, and a Tourist information centre. Free parking in the streets around. Perfect place to stay to explore Bilbau and the lovely local towns by Metro.
- Great breakfast with lovely fresh products daily .best coffee ever in Spanish hotel .
- The staff were extremely helpful with any enquiries and would recommend for visiting Bilbao
- Great sauna at the hotel, staff was kind and nice.
- Croissants best I’ve tasted . Very friendly hotel rooms very clean and welcoming
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Located just 650 feet from Sopelana Beach, Hotel Goizalde features a restaurant and rooms with free Wi-Fi. It is set in a garden, offering lovely sea views.Each room at Hotel Goizalde has simple décor. There is a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.Guests can enjoy a continental breakfast in the Goizalde’s restaurant. Basque cuisine is on offer for dinner.The surrounding region is ideal for surfing, kayaking, hiking and horse riding. The center of Sopelana is just over 0.6 mi away.Bilbao and Barakaldo can be reached in 20 minutes by car. San Sebastián is just over 62 mi from the Goizalde.
- the location was great looking out over the sea, room very clean and food very good. great atmosphere relaxed and friendly. on the right side of Bilbao for the airport which was 30 minutes away I would stay there again.
- I especially liked watching the sunset over Sopelana beach from the hotel restaurant during dinner. Also, fresh-squeezed orange juice for breakfast was nice !
- The location of Hotel Goizalde can NOT be beaten and the staff is warm, helpful and welcoming. Ricart who was on duty much of my two-day stay was a real benefit. I spent my birthday here so I chose this hotel carefully and wasn’t disappointed. Ricart overhead me saying it was my birthday (he speaks English) and didn’t let me forget it! The facility is updated and comfortable with comfy mattresses. It isn’t ‘luxury’ and it isn’t really ’boutique’; rather, it’s updated Provincial Basque/Spanish and based on how many locals I saw come here for happy hour to watch the sunset, or a ladies luncheon one afternoon, I can vouch for not only the traveler reviews but also the locals endorsement.
Hotel with basic facilities acceptable for those who are not looking for the highest standard
Good internet connection
- Good location by the Sopellana beach. Restaurant of the hotel had ok food and was available for lunch and dinner. The romanian guy working there was very friendly.
Petit Palace Tamarises
One of our top picks in Getxo.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Getxo, this boutique hotel is located next to the beach and a 20-minute drive from the main cultural spots in Bilbao, such as the Guggenheim Museum.Rooms at the Petit Palace Tamarises are designed in an avant-garde style and most of them feature fantastic sea views from their own private terraces. All rooms come equipped with free WiFi internet access. Bathrooms feature hydromassage showers.Business meetings or conferences can be organized here in the event halls overlooking the sea.The town of Getxo features 6.2 mi of stunning coastline and picturesque surrounding countryside with forests and rolling hills. It is also a great destination for outdoor pursuits.
- A great find! Amazing hotel, staff are so friendly and helpful. The room was great , bed was comfortable, room temperature was just right. The bathroom was luxurious and was fully equipped with shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, shaving kit, dental kit, shower cap. Had a great shower and played about with the jets coming out the wall. Great fun! Had a good restful sleep before continuing my journey. Exceeded all expectations.
- Stayed there for a friends wedding with my fiance, really nice hotel.
- Efficient, friendly staff. Always smiling! Breakfast was lovely and very relaxed. Rooms very clean.
- Great service, comfy bed, amazing view and good breakfast choice.
The rooms were comfortable and clean.
The breakfast was variated.
The staff was welcoming and friendly
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. The family-run Hotel Neguri is located in Getxo, 1,000 feet from the beach and 6.2 mi from central Bilbao. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the property and free parking.Neguri Metro Station is just 650 feet away. This offers a direct link to the heart of Bilbao.Some rooms in the Neguri Hotel have balconies, and all have TV and private bathrooms with hairdryers. All rooms have heating.The Neguri offers a varied breakfast, and there is a bar.
The people working at reception were incredibly kind and helpful. We got a lot of information and they were very welcoming
Style of the house is very charming
Parking available, albeit narrow and small
Good free wifi
Nice outdoor porch for sitting on
- Very handy for the Metro into Bilbao, well placed in Getxo….leafy pleasant town. Breakfast looked ok but we went to local cafes out of choice to see the area . Clean , pleasant staff , lots of local info available. Would book again.
- Location: Although 25 Metrotrain-minutes outside the centre of Bilbao, we recommend this location for travellers for a longer stay: Nice upper-class neighbourhood, near beach, nice promenades.
- It was a quiet small hotel with low-key lovely friendly people. I was looking for somewhere nearer the town centre but in the event we were within 10 minutes walk of a BEAUTIFUL beach/coastline and five minutes walk from a clean, frequent cheap metro service so to us that was even better!
- Nice geographical location, helpful staff fluent in English, close parking, large rooms.
- The people working at reception were incredibly kind and helpful. We got a lot of information and they were very welcoming
Offering a picturesque setting on Getxo’s Ereaga Beach, Hotel Igeretxe features rooms with sea or garden views. It is within 10 minutes’ walk of Neguri Metro Station, which connects you to central Bilbao in just 25 minutes.Each stylish, air-conditioned room at Hotel Igeretxe is decorated in contemporary gray tones. There is free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a mini-bar.The Igeretxe has a snack bar and an attractive terrace with views of the bay and mountains.Portugalete Suspension Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is less than 1.9 mi from the hotel. Bilbao Airport is a 20-minute drive away.
- Great location and a very nice hotel. The sea facing rooms are lovely. There is a very good selection of restaurants on site plus other options nearby.
- Location and surrounding area, pool would have been a bonus as sea was considered risky
- The location is great, basically on the beach. Good location to start touring the area & Bilbao. The hotel building is very nice and could offer a greater potential. Rooms are spacious enough (we had to change the rooms due to the noisy A/C – no issue asking for the change). Breakfast was OK. A few restaurants in and close to the hotel (The Izarra Tamarises Restaurant close to the hotel – 1st Floor of the Tamarises building – was excellent). Parking price is moderate (10+ EUROS/day) but free parking is available on the street and at a parking next to the hotel.
- Nice location, right on the beach. The restaurant is nice, very good service!
- Modern renovated hotel, historic building. Excellent in every sense. Friendly staff, great breakfast. The beach is marked as dangerous, but it is great to listen to the waves and walk. Funicular is close by for 20 cents.
URH Palacio de Oriol
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Located in Santurce, a 10-minute walk from its train station, URH Palacio de Oriol offers soundproofed rooms with air conditioning, heating, and free WiFi.The rooms are equipped with satellite TV, small fridge, and safety deposit box. The private bathroom comes with a bath or a shower. Hairdryer and toiletries are provided.The property’s restaurant specializes in traditional Basque cuisine. It also serves a varied buffet breakfast, including a selection of pastries, cold cuts, fruit, and cereal.The hotel also offers meeting and banquet facilities, as well as laundry services. Private parking is possible for a surcharge.Bilbao can be reached in 15 minutes by car.
- It’s beautiful and I’m lucky to have a good view( from a superior room). A good distraction from the rain as I didn’t go out much. Would love to come back again one day…
- High quality hotel in nice location. Set dinner menu excellent value.
- Everything in the hotel was excellent. On our first morning at breakfast the Hotel Manager introduced himself to us, which was a very nice touch. Breakfast was excellent. The rooms had tea & coffee provided. Extremely large and very comfortable bed. We ate in the Hotel Restaurant on both nights, excellent food and value for money. All of the staff were extremely friendly and efficient. The hotel is close to the ferry terminal and the metro only five minutes walk which is cheap and efficient. Next time you visit Spain via the ferry, don’t just drive through Bilbao stay and visit, it is an extremely beautiful part of Spain. Our stay at URH Palacio de Oriol ended our holiday beautifully.
- This hotel was very comfortable and very close to the ferry port
- All things mostly very good and garage parking a bonus
NH La Avanzada
This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. The modern NH La Avanzada offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and a plasma satellite TV. This designer hotel is in the exclusive Leioa-Getxo district, just a 10 minute drive from Bilbao city center.NH Avanzada’s bright rooms have hardwood floors and colorful, functional design. They all include a minibar and a stylish bathroom with toiletries.La Avanzada’s Txipirón Restaurant features a terrace and serves modern Basque cuisine, including a varied buffet breakfast. There are also various typical tapas bars within a 5 minute walk.The hotel’s tour desk can provide information about the Basque region. NH Avanzada is within a 20 minute walk of Getxo Beach and Abra Marina. Negurí Golf Course is a 10 minute drive away, and BEC Convention Centre is 4 miles away. You can drive to Bilbao Airport in 10 minutes.
- spacious room, nice vibe, nice staff, quiet and comfy.
- Staff were extremely helpful and accomadating,rooms were comfortable and clean breakfast better than expected
- The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly but were unable to give adequate information. I have been offered some compensation.
- Just had the Continental Breakfast €6 for fruit juice, bread and coffee.
Modern hotel with plenty of parking, including underground, though you have to pay.
Rooms very modern.
Hotel Restaurante Arimune
One of our top picks in Bakio.Set on the beachfront in Bakio, with a terrace overlooking the sea, Pensión Restaurante Arimune offers an on-site restaurant and bar. This small hotel features rustic-style rooms with free WiFi.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV, wardrobe and garden views. The private bathroom includes a bath.International dishes are served in the Arimune’s restaurant, featuring sea views. There is a cozy shared lounge area with a reading area and TV. The hotel also has a second outdoor terrace with mountain views.Bilbao is 17 mi from the property and Guernica is 16 mi away.
- Location few steps from beach, breakfast included and good, terrace oriented to the beach.
- Nice sized room, comfortable bed, easy parking, good shower pressure.
- Lovely charm and beautiful views straight out of our second story room looking straight over the beach and at the lineup of surfers. The room was furnished with gorgeous antique furniture. It is also the cheapest rate we found for a room with both a bath tub and shower (just a shower is often the standard in this area). The same family has owned and operated the hotel for four generations and the restaurant for three generations. Make sure to meet the vibrant young chef and definitely try the restaurant for a romantic dinner! Also, don’t skip out on his home-made croissants at breakfast.
- We loved the attentive service of the chef and our waitress.
-proximity to the beach
Hotel Mariñerune is a 1-star property located in Mungia. Both free WiFi and private parking are accessible at Hotel Mariñerune.At Hotel Mariñerune, the rooms are equipped with a desk and a TV. All rooms include air conditioning, and selected rooms have a terrace. All guest rooms include a closet.Bilbao is 8 miles from Hotel Mariñerune, while Castro-Urdiales is 19 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 4.3 miles from the property.
- Very friendly, helpful staff. Good value when every other hotelier in the Blibao region was cashing in on the European rugby finals.
- Comfortable rooms. There was easy access to the town and public transportation.
- The staff went out of their way to make this a very comfortable stay. The owner was exceptionally attentive to our needs.
- Very helpful staff, provided secure parking for our motorbikes, re-arranged beds, and agreed to a late check out with no charge.
- We arrived very late after a delayed flight but the owner had stayed up to great us. We couldn’t have asked for more and were very happy with our brief stay .
Top Hotels In Plentzia Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Plentzia Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Plentzia Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Plentzia Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!