10 Best Hotels To Stay In Playa Azul Guanacaste – Top Hotel Reviews
Playa Azul Guanacaste is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Playa Azul Guanacaste. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Playa Azul Guanacaste. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Playa Azul Guanacaste. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Playa Azul Guanacaste right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Playa Azul Guanacaste with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Playa Azul Guanacaste:
Hotel Azul Ocean Club
With a restaurant, the Hotel Azul Ocean Club is in the beachfront area of Playa Azul. Free Wi-Fi access is available, as well as free breakfast service.The rooms here include a flat-screen TV, air conditioning and a balcony. There is also a coffee machine. Featuring a shower, the private bathrooms also have a hairdryer. Extra facilities include a minibar and cable channels. Some units feature a kitchen.The property has 2 on-site restaurants available that serve snacks and international-style dishes from 7 am to 10 pm.At the Hotel Azul Ocean Club, you will find a 24-hour front desk. Pura Aventura Ecopark can be reached in a 30-minute drive, and Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport is a 1.5-hour drive away.The property provides free parking.
- The food was great, the views were amazing. The room was also well equipped and clean.
- The pool was awesome. we had a view of the beach . Staff wereecellent
- Kevin, the guy with curly hair and the guy with the 5 dogs are amazing….
- Beautiful beaches nature calm relaxing you can walk to other beaches.
- Great villa for many people, wonderful bed, welcome cocktail and close to beach.
Boutique Hotel Luna Azul
Boutique Hotel Luna Azul is located in Playa Ostional, just 21 miles from Tamarindo. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Playa Conchal is 27 miles from Boutique Hotel Luna Azul, and Playa Grande is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 41 miles from Boutique Hotel Luna Azul.
- Great customer service, delicious food, idyllic setting.
- The owner Rolf was the perfect host! We felt relaxed and comfortable from the time we arrived until we left. Absolutely loved our room…especially the outdoor shower! Food was delicious, the included breakfast was cooked to order and the best we had throughout our vacation.
- This was a very personal stay small little hotel or cabanas totally awesome, highly recommended.
- This is a beautifull accomadation just out of Ostional. We had a superb room with outside shower just next to our balcony so accessible from in and outside. Breakfast was great and so was was the hospitality.
- The amazing bungalows with verandah overlooking the forest, the outdoor shower, the attention to detail and “nothing is too much trouble ” attitude of the owners.
Olas Verdes Hotel
One of our top picks in Nosara.This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a year-round outdoor pool, Olas Verdes Hotel offers accommodations in Nosara, just 28 miles from Tamarindo. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the pool or garden. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Free use of bicycles and car rental are available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking and hiking. Playa Grande is 29 miles from Olas Verdes Hotel, and Sámara is 10 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tamarindo Airport, 28 miles from Olas Verdes Hotel.
- Perfect location, excellent staff. Delicious meals.
- Super spot w everything you would want or need for some time to relax surf pool explore. No tv but WiFi perfect. Monkeys in the trees and a great staff complimented a wide restaurant and bar menu.
- Wonderful. A short bike ride maybe 8 minutes from center of town. Staff very accomading and gracious. Rooms are spacious and private. Food at the restaurant is great! Beach is 2 minute walk from facility. Surf school on hotel proper.
Property is exceptional, cozy, intimate close to the beach, secure. Restaurant is excellent both for breakfast and dinner, food is fresh and tasty, staff is very attentive and polite.
Great rooms and bedding, quiet.
- Facilities and staff were great. Even left us a bottle of fizz for our anniversary- thank you.
Hotel Boutique Lagarta Lodge
One of our top picks in Nosara.Located in Nosara, 26 miles from Tamarindo, Hotel Boutique Lagarta Lodge features a restaurant and free WiFi. The hotel has an outdoor pool and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms come with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a gift shop at the property.Playa Grande is 27 miles from Hotel Boutique Lagarta Lodge, and Sámara is 12 miles away. Tamarindo Airport is 26 miles from the property.
The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.
The views were fantastic.
- The staff at Lagarta go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. We marveled at all the thoughtful details here. It’s gorgeous, the food is exceptional, and you can sit outside on the rooftop deck for dinner while you ponder the Milky Way, since the lodge is situated on a hill overlooking a preserve and there is simply no light pollution between you and the stars. We loooooved staying here! And hope to return.
- The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The view is the best I have ever seen. Attention to detail is fabulous. Loved the staff, and we had a delicious meal in the restaurant, as well as complementary welcome cocktail and delicious breakfast buffet included with the room booking. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area. Yes, the road to get to the hotel is somewhat treacherous, but as long as you don’t mind a few bumps in a four-wheel-drive, it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Very spacious room and balcony. Stunning views. Very helpful, friendly and efficient staff.
The view is outstanding, overseeing both the beach and the Natural reserve. The mix of Rainforest and the beach is amazing.
The sustainability is also king there, and service is top.
- The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.
Green Sanctuary Hotel
One of our top picks in Nosara.This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Green Sanctuary Hotel offers accommodations in Nosara. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a tour desk at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. Tamarindo is 28 miles from Green Sanctuary Hotel, and Playa Grande is 29 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 46 miles away.
- Concept of individual “sea can” units is unique, completely safe, comfortable, all within a gorgeous community and well kept grounds. Staff are friendly and helpful. We loved Tiki the pug!
- Everything was pretty good! The staffs and the owner are very nice. The room is very clean and comfortable and complete bathroom. The breakfast is perfect!
- Very central location, clear and quiet rooms, great view & pool & yoga deck, coffee nice & early available, superb breakfast, super attentive host and service.
- Confortable beds and clean. Small fridge and air con. Pretty setting and excellent breakfast.
- We were very happy with the location, the quiet atmosphere, the shipping container units that were self-contained, and that the grounds were well kept. The included breakfast was a nice touch (with unlimited coffee), the pool and yoga deck were lovely and the staff were super helpful and accommodating – a huge thank-you to Augustine for his help and recommendations!
The Nomadic Hotel
One of our top picks in Nosara – and a guest favorite.
This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. Located in Nosara, 27 miles from Tamarindo, The Nomadic Hotel features free WiFi access and free private parking. The hotel has an outdoor pool and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. The rooms come with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is featured.Playa Grande is 29 miles from The Nomadic Hotel, and Sámara is 10 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 45 miles from the property.
- We liked the whole place, very well designed and a great feel with good music. comfortable bed, awesome pool, very nice staff and owners, amazing rooftop deck for yoga (etc). excellent location. young crowd, mixed couples and non couples, a short free wine meet & greet every evening is something to consider!
- The cleanliness, the design (a far cry from the usual run down, 90’s inspired CR arhitecture. The atmosphere was lovelly, the wifi was more than decent and the staff friendly.
- Hotel design, rooms, staff and location were all excellent. Any and all questions and needs were answered quickly and with a smile. It was a random choice which turned out to be a great experience.
- This hostel is amazing. Not only is everything new and clean, but the staff is beyond amazing. I had some emergency issues that needed resolve, and they were there to make sure I was taken care of, over and beyond.
We were so happy with our stay at the Nomadic, we extended our stay.
See our previous review.
The Sunset Shack
Located in Nosara, 27 miles from Tamarindo, The Sunset Shack features an outdoor pool and views of the pool. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.You will find a shops at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. Playa Grande is 29 miles from The Sunset Shack, and Sámara is 10 miles away. Liberia Airport is 46 miles from the property.
- Stayed in larger room which was quite lovely looking and quant. Had mini kitchen, could make your own coffee in the morning. Great breakfast included. Pool was very nice and quiet.
- Staff are friendly. Close to the beach. Great breakfast included with the rate! Free wifi. Nice pool but small was a bit busy at some occasions still great though.
- Great breakfast. Lovely hangout area by the small pool. Pingpong table close to the restaurant area. There was something for everyone at our family.
- Breakfast was amazing. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Pool area and general vibe super cool. Great location- close to beach and center of town.
- Erica, one of the managers was particularly helpful when there was a slight issue with a room booking. She found us an alternative straight away.
Moana Surf Resort
Moana Surf Resort is located in Nosara, 27 miles from Tamarindo and 29 miles from Playa Grande. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room comes with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Sámara is 11 miles from Moana Surf Resort, and Carrillo is 15 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 45 miles from the property.
Moana Surf Hotel was beautiful. It is the hotel closest to the beach & maritime zone with a private trail to the ocean. The owners are so gracious and really serve 5-star quality with love. They are avid surfers, so they can share their knowledge of the ocean. And they have a sweet setup for surfboards.
The breakfast buffet was probably hands-down one of the best breakfasts I have had at a hotel. The apartments was spacious with a kitchen.
All the linens, the dinnerware, etc. are carefully selected.
There is a cool lounge area around the pool.
It is an amazing property. I have talked to other guests who have come again, and it is definitely a place to visit again and again.
If you love the ocean, a cool vibe, good quality & service in a 4-5-star boutique hotel, this is the place.
I am very familiar with Nosara, and it is one of the nicest hotels there.
- Really enjoyed how close to the beach this property is, maybe a 1-2 minute walk. The staff and owners are very kind and gracious. All interactions were pleasant, and they were very considerate of our needs and comfort. Very nice space for yoga, offers yoga classes and surf lessons. Excellent breakfast, we always looked forward to it and delicious coffee. We also loved the lounge area by the pool – hammocks were a nice bonus. Highly recommend.
- If you are looking for the ultimate vacation to relax your mind, bask in the sun, enjoy life like a local, enjoy a beautiful meal each morning (complete with a coconut water), surf and do yoga, then this is your spot! The owners – Danny and Tali – are the most welcoming, gracious hosts that will make your vacation the most memorable trip yet! The surf instructor Alejandro will help you to learn the waves and feel at ease in the water. The staff at the hotel will assist you with absolutely everything you need including a custom birthday cake, quick turnaround on laundry, taxi service and more! Moana did not disappoint!
- Moana was a dream resort to stay at. It is modern, clean, spacious rooms with a true coastal beach feel. There is a private path to beach within minutes. The beach is breathtaking, and one of the best beaches for surfing. There is daily yoga classes, surf lessons, and massages. The hosts are warm and welcoming and will go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one. They offer an amazing breakfast and will customize to your liking. One of the best resorts I have stayed at!
All round excellent place to be. Close to beach. Melanie and Alejandro were amazing, so friendly and helpful. Great fresh breakfast everyday. Cool music out at pool all day..
Great place for families, kitchenette well stocked to make simple meals.
Very clean and modern. Loved our stay.
Will definitely come back.
- Moana Surf Hotel was beautiful. It is the hotel closest to the beach & maritime zone with a private trail to the ocean. The owners are so gracious and really serve 5-star quality with love. They are avid surfers, so they can share their knowledge of the ocean. And they have a sweet setup for surfboards.
Mamma Rosa Aparthotel
One of our best sellers in Nosara! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Mamma Rosa Aparthotel offers accommodations in Nosara. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Some units have a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms come with a private bathroom.Tamarindo is 27 miles from Mamma Rosa Aparthotel, and Playa Grande is 29 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 46 miles from Mamma Rosa Aparthotel.
- The staff, the close proximity to beach, the free breakfast, the surf boards next door, the rooms are large, fridge in room, ability to hang keys while surfing. Loved this place!
- Two members of staff were exceptional…Marvin who spoke four languages, and Kenneth who was very helpful and understanding with issues we had.
This beach hotel was perfect for our first trip to Nosara. The rooms are simple (no TVs or coffee makers), but very clean and comfortable with both air-conditioning and ceiling fans to beat the mid-day heat. The staff is friendly and helpful—every service we requested, from extra towels to directions to the local organic market to assistance when reserving our airport shuttle, was provided with courtesy and efficiency. Their onsite bar/restaurant serves daily breakfast (included with our room), as well as lunch and dinner, making it easy to relax with drinks and a light meal after a day at the beach.
The hotel’s location is superb! We rented surfboards by the day from a small surf shop/school on the property, and with a short walk across the road and along a sandy path we reached Playa Guiones in minutes. No shoes required!
- The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent-both breakfast and lunch. We appreciated having breakfast included.
- The location is excellent, very close to the beach and the the amenities of Nosara and playa Guinones. The location means that you walk between the two principal eating/drinking districts
Cafe de Paris B&B
Showcasing a terrace and views of the sea, Cafe de Paris B&B is located in Nosara in the region of Guanacaste, just 27 miles from Tamarindo. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is a shops at the property.Playa Grande is 29 miles from Cafe de Paris B&B, and Sámara is 10 miles away. Liberia Airport is 45 miles from the property.
- You get 3 choices for free breakfast and other choices for discounted the free fruit bowl was delicious. The bakery was also delicious. Close to restaurants, bars and beach. The staff was very polite. Harmony Hotel just down the street has an amazing juice bar for organic and vegan sandwiches, salads and an amazing almond cookie.
- The staff make this place, undoubtedly. And easily the best free breakfast ever included in the history of hotels! And the internet is faster than sonic speed. Stay here.
- Huge room, lovely balcony, warm water, great location, lovely cleaning lady
- the staff from the front desk was helpfull and pleasant.
- We are locals, and we loved our trip here. Definitely going back. The restaurants near the area are FANTASTIC. Be SURE to visit Restaurante LUNA. It’s BEAUTIFUL and delish! Also check out Burgers & Beer. Seriously.
Top Hotels In Playa Azul Guanacaste Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Playa Azul Guanacaste to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Playa Azul Guanacaste but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Playa Azul Guanacaste. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!