10 Best Hotels To Stay In Plasencia Extremadura – Top Hotel Reviews
Plasencia Extremadura is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Plasencia Extremadura. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Plasencia Extremadura. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Plasencia Extremadura. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Plasencia Extremadura right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Plasencia Extremadura with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Plasencia Extremadura:
Exe Alfonso VIII
One of our top picks in Plasencia.Offering free Wi-Fi, Hotel Exe Alfonso VIII is located just beside the main square of the charming town of Plasencia.The spacious, air-conditioned rooms include flat-screen TVs and a mini-bar. The private bathroom comes with a bath tub and hairdryer.Experience the historic attractions of this walled, market town which was founded by Alfonso VIII in the 12th century. The town’s strategic position on the banks of the River Jerte and along the Route of Silver now provide you with many interesting sights. You will notice the numerous palaces, religious buildings and ancestral homes that once belonged to noblemen in the Middle Ages.You can visit the impressive cathedral and the weekly local market.
- Great location, a 2 minute walk from Plaza Mayor. Everything was comfortable and clean.
- The hotel exceeded our expectations across the board. The room was large, with a huge and very comfy bed and a wonderful view of the cathedral of Plasencia. Staff at check-in were efficient, friendly and helpful with the parking (Ines- always smiling and helpful. Thank you). The bathroom was clean, large and well-lit. Everything was clean on arrival and well cleaned/tidied when we were out for the day. The hotel was incredibly quiet throughout our stay, and we heard no noise from other guests/rooms. Breakfast offered a lot of choices and especially great fresh orange juice. The area around the hotel was quiet, safe to walk around at night, and it was just a few minutes walk to the Plaza Mayor. A great place to stay and we would happily go back.
- The food in the restaurant is good value for money and the staff knew his job but spoke no English
- This hotel was quaint and charming. It was old fashioned with lovely friendly staff. It has so much character. The room was spacious with a balcony with a great view. It’s very central. The breakfast was good. There was a relaxed atmosphere which you don’t get in larger hotels.
- Spectacular location, room size, staff and breakfast.
Hotel Ciudad de Plasencia
One of our top picks in Plasencia.Hotel Ciudad de Plasencia offers free Wi-Fi, free private parking and an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by gardens. It is located by route N-630, just outside central Plasencia.Each bright and spacious room at the Ciudad de Plasencia has air conditioning and heating. All come with a private bathroom.The hotel restaurant serves national-style meals and dishes from the Extremadura region. Typical local products can be bought at the on-site shop. There is also a cafe-bar.Ciudad de Plasencia is a 5-minute drive from highway A-66. The Jerte Valley, the Valle de la Vera and the Monfragüe National Park are all within an easy drive.
- hotel comfort,food etc. all good. But in an industrial area about 3 miles from city centre. Ideal for overnight stop but not for visiting Plasencia
- Comfortable lounge and plenty of outdoor space to sit and have a drink. The bed was comfortable and the room spacious. Despite being in an industrial area, our room had a lovely view of the mountains and hills. We stopped off on our way to Santander Ferry Port and were pleasantly surprised.
- We stayed here as a stop over on the way from Portugal and it was one of the cheaper options in the area. The hotel is basic the room was ok for three, the bathroom was nicely decorated. There is a pool and the garden, but the view is not very nice and it’s quite small. Ok for resting your head and passing through but not much else.
- Really handy for overnight stay when driving south. Restaurant…. food really good and reasonably priced.
- The breakfast was free and more than good enough for a free breakfast, the pool was a bit outdated but good enough for a quick refreshment.. especially if you are only staying one night this is more than enough. The rooms were clean, modern and the bathroom was in order. The hotel is pet friendly in a way that they let pets on the room but you have to eat outside because pets are not allowed in the bar or restaurant.
Parador de Plasencia
Housed in a former convent, built in the 15th century, the Parador de Plasencia hotel has kept its stunning, original architecture, including spacious hallways, archways and courtyards.Each room air-conditioned room features mini-bar, a safe, TV and private bathroom with hairdryer.Work out in the hotel’s fitness suite to keep fit while on holiday, or enjoy a dip in the swimming pool – open in the summer months.This hotel is located in the historic center of Plasencia, in the Extremadura region of southern Spain. From here you can also explore the beautiful, surrounding landscapes.Try traditional-style cooking in Plasencia’s restaurant, where you can enjoy a lovely meal with all the family without leaving the hotel.The hotel is decorated in a classical style, and features spacious bedrooms, with lovely interior decor.
- Very comfortable modern facilities & pool in such a wonderful historical building.
- was a very enjoyable experience staying in an old convent. was full ofhistory. town centre justa shortwalk
I just discovered the Paradors for myself – this is amazing. You’re staying in very nice but ancient castle.
They have the garage (accessible from the street outside the walls – don’t miss the signs) that costs €18/night.
The property also have the pool and a good restaurant.
- Beautiful, well kept monastery . It took you back centuries but with great service, food and lodging. We also loved the pool in the afternoon.an easy 5 minute walk to Plaza Mayor, and great underground parking.
- the hotel location is stunning, set in an old monastery in the centre of the town. walking distance to the busy square and parking was excellent – once we found it.
Hotel Dora is located in Plasencia, just 150 feet from the city’s charming Old Town. It offers a 24-hour reception and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TV.The rooms at the Dora feature a work desk and a private bathroom. Some come with a private balcony, and some offer views of Plasencia’s ancient city walls.The on-site bar serves snacks and drinks throughout the day. The hotel also has a luggage storage and safe services free of charge.Plasencia’s Plaza Mayor is just 4 minutes’ walk from the Dora. With good access to the A-66 Motorway, Plasencia is 25 minutes’ drive from the beautiful Monfragüe National Park.
- Stayed one very pleasant night. Staff very friendly and helpful! Breakfast very good tostadas with butter and jam!
Difficult to park nearby.
Staff very friendly and helpful
- Good basic accommodation. Clean, quiet and comfortable. A short walk to the old town
- Very friendly and accommodating, great English for those less able to speak Spanish. Highly recommend.
Very helpful staff. Very very hot climate ( in the 40s) and lovely cold beer in the bar was most welcome.
Everything spotlessly clean. Parking not available, but easy to find in the next street and free. Very close to old town and restaurants. A visit to the Paradour is a must. A beautiful building and a refreshing drink in the bar is reasonable priced. The hotel did a tasty simple breakfast at a very good price. Wi-fi was good in the room. We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Dora on our way to Santander.
Palacio Carvajal Girón
Located next to Plasencia’s main square, Palacio Carvajal Girón features a terrace with views of the town’s Catedral Nueva. It has a restaurant and a seasonal outdoor swimming pool.Set in a listed 17th-century building, Palacio Carvajal Girón features attractive décor and original stone pillars. Each air-conditioned room has a flat-screen TV with cable channels and free WiFi.Guests can enjoy lunch and dinner in the Carvajal’s restaurant. Gluten-free dishes are available on request. Palacio Carvajal Girón also serves a Continental breakfast with a gourmet touch, offering guests an additional 4 options to choose from a specialty menu, including scrambled eggs and a salmon sandwhich, among others.The hotel is set in Plasencia’s old Jewish Quarter, 5 minutes’ walk from the old city walls. The railway station is just over 0.6 mi away.
- We really enjoyed our stay, from the moment we walked through the door. The receptionist was very knowledgeable and helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable with a great view overlooking the square. The private parking was ideal.
- Very interesting building in former palace – large, comfortable rooms and helpful, friendly staff. In the middle of the old town – walled city with beautiful architecture.
- Modern revamp of a historic building, friendly staff, good central location
- Loved this hotel very much. The toilet was huge, bed was very comfy. And the chef cooked very nice dinner for us. We enjoyed here very much during our stay.
- Great hotel in an ancient building just in the city center. Everything’s new inside. Bathrooms are gorgeous!
Located a 5 minute drive from central Plasencia and with easy access to all major roads, this hotel is just a 20 minute drive from the beautiful Monfragüe Park.Visit the charming market city of Plasencia with its flamboyant architecture where noblemen once resided in the 15th century. You can sample the local culture and tradition by going to the weekly market which takes place in the main plaza.The Nature Park offers a fantastic example of the impressive scenery of the Cáceres region – famous for its waterfalls and Mediterranean forests. You can admire the populations of stag and wild boar in their natural, unspoiled surroundings. The Monfragüe boasts the Tagus River that is lined by forested hillside full of olive groves, oak, heather and cherry trees.
- Clean and Simple. Outside of the city and very easy to park.
Good location very easy to find, nice place to stay if travelling to or from Santander ferry, easy parking
Room very clean & spacious
Breakfast very good too
- We did not have breakfast there. When we had the menu of the day it was really good. We like the location, the parking, the views. We find it very user friendly. We have stayed there before and hope to stay there again.
- Easy access from motorway for overnight stay, with pleasant surroundings
- Staff very friendly and most importantly they understood us!
The Rincón Extremeño Hotel is located a few feet from Plaza Mayor in the walled city of Plasencia, Extremadura. The hotel features a restaurant and free Wi-Fi.Rooms at the Extremeño are spacious and have traditional décor. All rooms come equipped with flat-screen TV, air conditioning and private bathroom.Facilities at the Rincón include an à la carte restaurant and a café. The hotel is located close to local amenities, including shops, cafés and bars.The Rincón is a 12-minute walk from Los Cachones Park and around 1,650 feet from the River Park. Plasencia is around 20 minutes’ drive from Monfragüe National Park and 90 minutes from Cáceres and Salamanca.
- Beds were comfortable, area round the square was great, all our party enjoyed their food, staff were really friendly,
- Very good position, a rather basic room, rather jaded. It was only one night. Reasonable breakfast in the morning but the second cup of coffee was charged for
- No onsite parking as right in the town centre which was great for local bars and restuarants
- Great air conditioned hotel, beer in bar ice cold on a hot day. Location perfect, just off the main square of the town.
- The owners are very friendly and helpful, I arrived somewhat late, and Choni, the lady who checked me in, was very nice and gave mee good information about the town, and also told me that breakfast was included – that was a pleasant surprise as I did not remember it being included when making the booking. The room and bathroom were proper size and very clean, and there is a hairdryer too. The property has several floors and there is a lift so it is ok if you have heavy suitcases. The location is excellent, just a step away from Plaza Mayor.
ELE Hotel Puerta de Monfrague
Set in lovely gardens, ELE Hotel Puerta de Monfrague is located on the outskirts of Malpartida de Plasencia, Cáceres. It offers an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.The ELE Hotel Puerta de Monfrague features pieces of historic artwork and antique furnishings. All rooms have air conditioning and heating, featuring a mini-bar, a TV and a safe, as well as a private bathroom with free toiletries.The onsite restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers characteristic cuisine from the Extremadura region. Public areas are adapted for disabled guests.Plasencia’s train station is 5 mi away. Cáceres is an hour’s drive away.
- The availability of an evening meal when we arrived was good
- We travelled with a trailer and had no issues parking, comfortable nights sleep, quiet location, friendly bar man. Breakfast was adequate, simple self service continental style.
Friendly staff with some English spoken.
Spacious and easy parking.
Good connection to man road.
- Esta bien para pasar una noche después de ver el norte de Caceres
- Propere kamer goede ligging maar tv en frigo waren defect
Hotel Medina Ghaliayah
Featuring a bar, restaurant, and shared lounge, Hotel Medina Ghaliayah is located in Galisteo. It offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi throughout.The rooms include a TV, safe, and private bathroom with free toiletries. They have classic-style décor with wood floors and large windows. They each face a large field and therefore are very quiet.The restaurant serves regional cuisine, and guests can also enjoy a shared terrace. The hotel has space for banquets and other types of large gatherings.The Alagón Valley offers numerous hiking trails, and Monfragüe National Park is 19 mi away. Plasencia can be reached in a 20-minute drive.
- I liked the fact that this hotel was outside the town although it only took 10 minutes to walk and visit the interesting walled town nearby. I was able to store my bike securely in the basement and the restaurant meals I had were very good.
- The evening meal was very good and the staff were friendly and pleasant
The receptionist was awesome something happen with my booking and they gave me two small beds I went to ask here for a foul le as I n
Booked, she showed me that it was written in the booking two small beds, I explained to here that I did book a big bed and something wrong happened in the booking, and with a big smile she have me a double bed. I love that place it s clean comfi calm and cheap. I Will come back again
- There was a small village nearby but every where seemed to be closed at 4pm. The Hotel seems to be in the middle of no where but it was a great place to stay with air conditioning and good clean comfortable rooms. Staff were also very helpful
- Clean good value stop if travelling. Room a little spartan but functional.
Hotel Rural Hojaranzos
Hotel Rural Hojaranzos is set in the natural setting of La Vera Region, in Tejeda de Titar. It features a restaurant and rustic décor with antiques and design furniture.Featuring great views of the mountains and the countryside, this hotel offers soundproofed rooms with air conditioning, heating and free Wi-Fi. They also come with a satellite TV and a private bathroom.A daily breakfast consisting of toasts, orange juice and pastries is included. The restaurant specializes in meats and regional dishes, offering a set menu and a selection of local wines. Room service is available.Bikes to explore the surroundings can be provided for free. Cuacos de Yuste and its Monastery are within 20 minutes’ drive away. Plasencia is 14 mi away.
- Lovely place to stay. Food excellent and also the wine. Our dog had plenty of space and areas to walk. Would definitely stay again.
- The garden was peaceful, the parking was good, the food was excellent, the staff were friendly. The locals were colourful. This is a small hotel with a big heart and a bar full of locals. I enjoyed my stay and I would be more than happy to return,
- Second visit here, and it won’t be the last! Everything is good here and the customer comes first. Super value evening menu, good breakfast (included) making it superb value.
- great value for money, especially evening meal and huge breakfast. Extremely friendly welcome.
- Traditional feel with rustic charm. Excellent value for money and staff very friendly and helpful. Evening meal served quickly and was tasty and reasonably priced.
Top Hotels In Plasencia Extremadura Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Plasencia Extremadura to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Plasencia Extremadura but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Plasencia Extremadura. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!