10 Best Hotels To Stay In Pendales Baru Island – Top Hotel Reviews
Pendales Baru Island is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Pendales Baru Island. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Pendales Baru Island. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Pendales Baru Island. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Pendales Baru Island right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Pendales Baru Island with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Pendales Baru Island:
Princesa del Mar Family Cabanas
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located a mere metres from the sea, Cabaña Princesa del Mar offers accommodation with a restaurant in Playa Blanca. The picturesque guestrooms at the property are wood-clad and offer direct access to the beach.The comfortable guestrooms at Cabaña Princesa del Mar feature a balcony with outdoor furniture, a seating area and shared bathroom facilities.Guests at Princesa del Mar Cabaña can unwind in the shared lounge. An array of activities can be enjoyed in the surroundings, such as snorkeling and diving. There is a 24-hour front desk at the property. Airport shuttles can be arranged.Barú is 7.5 miles from Cabaña Princesa del Mar, while Isla del Rosario is 13.7 miles away.
- Location, price, beach, it’s at end of the beach so pretty quiet. It has a small restaurant with local beach food and tasty fish. The coconut rice is quite good. Beers are cold. They have fans and power to charge phones at night. Beds were soft and hammocks are comfortable. They have mosquito nets.
- The hotel is clean and nice made of natural materials. Very near the sea and a fantastic beach.
- Perfect place to finish a book. As far as places to stay on Playa Blanca go they dont get much better than this. Right down the other end of the beach away from the tourist drop off point with a beautiful beach with no rocks in the water. The staff were also helpful
- Excellent location on Playa Blanca. I have the impression this is the best place to stay on the beach, as it is at the far end of the beach. That distance makes a huge difference during the daytime with the day-trippers. Be prepared for what Playa Blanca is: very busy with tourists and people selling things on the beach throughout the day. It can be overwhelming and annoying, HOWEVER if you look past these things and take a look at the amazing beach you will enjoy your stay very much. Staying at Princesa del Mar was so relaxing and comfortable – the rooms are only steps away from the beach. Days are filled with reading in the hammock, going downstairs for a swim in the most perfect water, and wandering the beach to find food. It is just amazing to wake up in the morning, open the door and see the ocean from your bed.
- You litteraly lives on the Beach, and its so LINDA! The hammock is perfect and the View is great!
Posada Nativa Brenely
Featuring free WiFi, Posada Nativa Brenely offers pet-friendly accommodations in Playa Blanca, just 15 miles from Cartagena. The inn has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.The rooms have a shared bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Barú is 7 miles from Posada Nativa Brenely, and Isla del Rosario is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 17 miles from Posada Nativa Brenely.
- BASIC BREAKFAST NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. BED WAS COMFORTABLE UNTIL THEY TURNED OFF ELECTRICITY AT DAWN AND IT GOT REALLY HOT
- We had an amazing stay! Everyone was super friendly and helpfull! We even booked 1 day extra because we just didn’t wanna leave!
- The attention from 2 employees called Nelson n johni!
- La vista y la ubicaciones.. hay menos vendedores..
- La ubicación es buena, porque está alejado de la concentración del Playa Blanca, está retirada y se puede descansar mejor. Johnny, un amor. Chichi, copada, fue honesta y colaboradora. La zona común es muy linda y la playa está a diez metros de la habitación, es hermoso. Si se puede, traten de ir en lancha, es muy caro llegar en taxi.
Aura Hotel Baru by Sport Barú
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Located in Barú, 20 miles from Cartagena, Hotel Sport Barú features a restaurant and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hotel. Isla del Rosario is 8 miles from Hotel Sport Barú, and Isla Barú is 9 miles away. Rafael Núñez International Airport is 22 miles from the property.
- The personal was awesome,kind,super friendly just over wonderful staff
- I liked the room. It had a nice balcony with a lovely view. The hotel made the best of its location (mangrove laguna) and provided nice seating area on the small beach. The restaurant had a higher level with a beautiful breeze and view. The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating.
- Upon arrival, we were presented with a fruit drink which was nice. We appreciated using their big, safer boat to return to Cartagena. We arrived on a smaller boat after purchasing a combo ticket with our airport taxi driver. First time in a boat I felt I could flip. I even attached my purse with my passport and money to a lifejacket in case we flipped! Use Sport Baru’s bigger boat on the return! The free breakfast was good and so was dinner. We did not have lunch there. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Nice view of the ocean from the patio door.
Great views and staff very friendly. Relaxing beach at the front, but more like a river beach. Great if all you wanna do is lay and relax. I loved the kayaks and stand up paddles available for guests.
Restaurant is ok, i guess as good as it gets in such a remote island.
- Nice staff, food ok, very remote place, can be loud as boats park on sunday on the opposite island, breakfast simple, dinner limited
Playa Palenque is located in Playa Blanca, 14 miles from Cartagena and 8 miles from Barú.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Isla del Rosario is 13 miles from Playa Palenque, and Isla Barú is 2.2 miles away. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 16 miles from Playa Palenque.
- Wilson is a very nice and calm person. Also it was clean all the time. This part of the beach is more quite which is, beside the low price, the best advantage compared to other places. I don’t want to say something bad about the place as it is cute and everyone was friendly but next time I would spend a little more money to have a bit more comfort.
- The staff, Andres and Wilson were very helpful and kind. The hotel is right on the beach. Andres’s mom can cook you some awesome food in the day. Try the Peruvian restaurant next to the hotel in the night. Do the plancton tour in the night (ask Wilson). They can help you book a boat (25 000 COP per person) to the hotel or get a taxi (100 000 COP). Please note that everywhere in Playa Blanca, there’s no running water and no electricity in the night. If you expect something else than a shack on the beach, book a day trip to Playa Blanca from Cartagena and stay in a hotel in Cartagena.
Must do the plankton trip! Its like final fantasy coming to life.
- The location was great. A bit of a walk from the entrance, but good to be away from the more crowded parts. The family that owns the place made us feel at home with them. Tip: speak Spanish, and accept that this is a place with no power or running water. They use a generator for lights and fans, and the fresh water is delivered by boat.
- Quiet area far from many tourists. Amazing view from room window. Delicious food at a reasonable price. Staff is amazing, always smiling and ready to help. Very clean considering it is a right on the beach cabin
Hotel la Española
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel la Española offers accommodations in Playa Blanca, just 14 miles from Cartagena. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.You will find room service at the property.Barú is 8 miles from Hotel la Española, and Isla del Rosario is 13 miles away. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 16 miles from Hotel la Española.
- The landscape is relaxing, and the locals are very good hosts.
- The setting is beautiful, though try to avoid weekends as the beach becomes very crowded with people and with jet skis and speed boats that come dangerously close to swimmers.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating, especially the waiter at the hotel restaurant – however the owner was quite unpleasant.
There were no mosquitos !
- Ubicación excelente. Frente al mar. Ambiente tranquilo y seguro.
- La Sra. Carmen es una persona muy atenta y amable dispuesta siempre a ayudar a las personas que la visitan. Lo mejor es su franqueza frente a todo lo que rodea al alojamiento y a baru en general.
Restaurante y Hospedaje Baru
Restaurante y Hospedaje Baru offers accommodations in Playa Blanca. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Every room comes with a shared bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Cartagena is 15 miles from Restaurante y Hospedaje Baru, and Barú is 8 miles away. Rafael Núñez International Airport is 17 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Hotel Alejandro Express
Hotel Alejandro Express is located in Barú, 15 miles from Cartagena and 12 miles from Isla del Rosario. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 17 miles from the property.
- The location was perfect. Away from the crowd! The little house was cute with a nice view over the sea!! Perfect if you want to relax
- The staff. They were genuinely friendly. We also liked the beach’s use location.
- The staff is amazing! Oscar would buy fresh fish in the morning and make us the most incredible dinner. The location can’t be beat. It is the perfect place to get away and relax.
- Waking up to the sounds of the ocean waves. View from the room is priceless. Friendliest staff.
- La ubicación es muy buena ya que es al final de la playa lo que lo hace un tener un poco menos de gente. Tiene baño privado
Hotel Agua Azul Beach Resort
This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Located in Barú in the region of Baru Island, 19 miles from Cartagena, Hotel Agua Azul Beach Resort features a terrace and views of the sea. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms come with a TV with satellite channels. Certain accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and slippers.You will find room service at the property.Isla del Rosario is 9 miles from Agua Azul Beach Resort, and Isla Barú is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 21 miles from the property.
- Beautiful destination, nice landscape, warm sea water….
The best thing about this hotel is location – the beach is superb with white sand and emerald water, coconut trees and comfortable beach chairs. It would be safe to say it is the best beach of Baru. There is also a large pool for those interested.
The house is very charming. It has only 25 years, but it was build in a traditional coastal Colonial style and shape. The staff are friendly and nice. Rooms and bathrooms are of decent size with access to the terraces overlooking the beach.
We came for one night arriving early and leaving in the afternoon on the next day. The staff gave us one room right upon arrival around 10am, which was great. The hotel also let us use the rooms up until departure on 3pm with no extra charge.
- We had the the beach to ourselves. Private, beautiful, quite, peaceful. Crystal blue water. Amazing. The 7 room boutique hotel was charming, it had air conditioning and a pool. Very nice and clean. It is not contemporary looking. But it’s well maintained. Didn’t know this exsisted. Staff of 5 very friendly. Gloria was amazing. My family loved it – 2 seniors 2 college students and 2 teenagers. If you are looking to get away from people, this is the place to go. A must see, If you go to Cartagena. Bring sunscreen, bug spray and a book to read. We rented jet skiis from the locals. We just relaxed, destressed, family bonding. We had a blast. Highly recommended. “Baru, we will miss you!
The property and house was spectacular. Extremely
Spacious and private, with only the beach and ocean
In front of you.
Everything is very well appointed, but quite remote and few options offered for transportation to/from which can be very challenging and expensive.
- This place is absolutely beautiful. The beach and the house are perfect. When we pulled up to the island in our boat we were amazed. I know a lot of reviews have concerns about the service. The place is run by a super young guy and it’s not a resort where you’ll have a bunch of amenities, but they do just fine. And the food is good. They may not have everything on the menu because stuff has to be transported to the island, but it all works out. We stayed one night, which felt like enough time since it’s so secluded and we had already had a beach day previously. Overall it was a wonderful experience at an amazing place.
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Playa Scondida is located in Barú, 20 miles from Cartagena and 9 miles from Isla del Rosario. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. All rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.This hotel has water sports facilities and free use of bicycles is available. There are lots of activities in the area, such as snorkeling and biking. The nearest airport is Rafael Núñez International Airport, 22 miles from the property.
Helpful and attentive staff
Free kayaks and snorkel equipment
William was very Nice!
Playa Azur witch was 10 minutes by boat was Nice after 3pm. Before 3pm a thousand day guests, speed boats. But was pretty beach!
Nice view from the terrace
The owner helped us on the phone, thank you for that! Would be better if he was there because his staff is a mess!!
- The food was great, particularly the corvina with coconut rice. Delicious fresh fruit juices. The location was unbelievably beautiful and the staff felt like family by the end of our short stay. The agua azul beach just a wonderful short boat ride away is stunning and pretty quiet in the later afternoon hours.
- The place was the perfect relaxation spot for the end of our trip. Everything was coordinated perfectly that they made sure we had pre-arranged transportation as it’s tricky to get to the island. The staff was by far the best; we felt at home with them. They are very attentive to every single detail of our stay and our environment. The food was phenomenal, made with special care and attention and it was very healthy and nutritious. Everything about this place was perfect.
- The staff was excellent and it was easy to go back and forth to Agua Azul, the most beautiful beach nearby. The owner and manager were very attentive and made sure our stay was fun, relaxing, and refreshing.
- Beautiful location
Baru Playa Eco Beach Resort
One of our top picks in Barú.Located in Barú, 23 miles from Cartagena, Baru Playa Eco Beach Resort features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Each room has a flat-screen TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Isla del Rosario is 6 miles from Baru Playa Eco Beach Resort, and Isla Barú is 11 miles away. Rafael Núñez International Airport is 25 miles from the property.
- The privacy and the food was great. Their system and the rules of ‘all inclusive’ is not clear and is a very a questionable service. The owner needs review this and learn what the logic of this term means. Could be a difference of culture awareness but I still find a element of dishonesty and I’m surpised the website has not displayed the true service of this beach resort.
- Idyllic setting on the beach. Quiet and peaceful. Food quite good at restaurant though service slow. Spacious room, comfortable bed.
The room was nice without any decoration, but everything in we needed. The Beach was white, really nice and calm.
Meals were good, but it took some time to get them.
- My husband and I stayed for a couple of nghts. We wanted a relaxing, quiet place to enjoy time with each other and we found it! Beyond amazing food, drinks and awesome service!!! Super clean as well!!!
We are very satisfied with our stay! The place is very beautiful and romantic. The staff is so nice and the service is very good. The owner of the hotel was extremely nice and checked in with often us to make sure everything was Ok.
We would definately recommend this hotel!
Top Hotels In Pendales Baru Island Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Pendales Baru Island to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Pendales Baru Island but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Pendales Baru Island. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!