10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy – Top Hotel Reviews
Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ouroux En Morvan Burgundy:
Le Lion D’or
In the Burgundy region, this hotel is in Morvan Regional Park. It features a bar with a shaded terrace and has guest rooms with a flat-screen TV.Each guest room includes Wi-Fi access and the private bathrooms are stocked with a hairdryer.At Le Lion D’or, the restaurant hosts themed evenings, where local cuisine made from regional ingredients is served. A continental breakfast is served every morning.With free public parking nearby, the Lion D’or is just over a quarter mile from Ouroux Pond. Settons and Pannecière lakes are 9 miles away.
- Staff and.location. restaurant was great and value was good. Rooms were spacious and clean. Just a great little hotel.
- Great breakfast buffet. Nice restaurant for evening meal. In picturesque village in heart of the Morvan region. Friendly hosts.
- Interesting village with history, and a small lake. This family hotel visit before Easter was most enjoyable. Good home cooking. All good value for money…..
Traditional but cosy family run hotel.
All the facilities we required in a style in keeping with the location in the centre of a real Morvan village community.
Restaurant was excellent eating local produce appreciated by us and the local cliental. However we like rose duck and red beef if you don’t then let them know well done is your liking.
The area is like mid Wales or central Scotland and tourists rare but welcome. The Tourist Office was keen to offer walking advice and details of fishing in the many lakes of the area.
- Great staff, good restaurant esp breakfast and entrees, nice rooms esp nice for a small town in Morvan, great home base for exploring the area
Le Relais des Lacs
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Le Relais des Lacs offers accommodations in Planchez, just 24 miles from Avallon. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Each room includes a private bathroom.Sainte-Marie is 27 miles from Le Relais des Lacs, and Vézelay is 26 miles from the property.
The staff were very helpful. The rooms although a bit small were what one expects from a 2 star
hotel basic but clean. The evening meals were exceptional, The setting was excellent; small village in the mountains , quiet, as described.
- Friendly people who spoke a little English. Good restaurant. Comfy bed.
- Vriendelijk personeel/eigenaars. Verzorgd ontbijt. Propere kamers. Heerlijk diner, voldoende keuze uit menu’s of à la carte. Centrale ligging in de Morvan, niet ver van het lac des settons. Ideaal om het gebied bvb met de motor te verkennen. Het hotel is immers ook erkend als ‘relais motard’. Er is privé parking voorzien om de motoren te plaatsen.
Le personnel très accueillant et sympa
Repas du soir excellent
- Hôtel très bien placé avec un restaurant vraiment top
- The staff were very helpful. The rooms although a bit small were what one expects from a 2 star
Logis Au Vieux Morvan
Featuring free WiFi and a seasonal outdoor pool, Logis Au Vieux Morvan offers accommodations in Château-Chinon. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Every room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.Avallon is 29 miles from Logis Au Vieux Morvan, and Sainte-Marie is 24 miles from the property.
- The region is wonderful- very beautiful and picturesque. The staff was very helpful and nice. The food in the restaurant was very good and not expensive.
- Really good breakfast. Nice large bed. Good evening meal. Extra pillows.
- It was okay overall but it was a 2star so we should not expect more.
- Location is outstanding and the food was good too.
This was a return visit for us. Very charming setting. Not the best parking, try to find a space in the road as the car park is very steep. Friendly reception and we were taken up to our room, a larger double with a single bed in it. Unfortunately the bed and pillows were not comfortable, the bed being soft, the pillows lumpy and the duvet plain weird, lumps of filling in pockets. Such a shame as our previous visit was much better.
Very small showroom but it did the job.
We dined in the restaurant on hake. Perfectly adequate but uninspiring and a fondant with was more brioche than cake. Nonetheless very tasty.
Would still recommend but not as highly
Les Grillons du Morvan
Located in Montsauche, 21 miles from Avallon, Les Grillons du Morvan features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature views of the river or garden. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. Superior rooms include a spa tub or a hot tub.You will find a gift shop at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for horseback riding and windsurfing. Sainte-Marie is 30 miles from Les Grillons du Morvan, and Vézelay is 23 miles away.
We took our evening meal in the hotel restaurant and the quality and taste was excellent. The restaurant had a good atmosphere and we were made to feel welcome by the staff – even with our limited ‘french’!
The surrounding area, i.e. Lac des Setton, is beautiful and within easy walking distance from the hotel. The path around the lake, approximately 9 miles in total, is excellently kept and there are lots of facilities around the lake. We only stayed overnight and walked around the lake the following morning but if you are looking for a family holiday this would be a lovely place to stay.
- beautiful view from the room, very clean, quiet and tastefully decorated
- Very friendly relaxed staff at this small hotel. Excellent food — quality of cooking better than usual fare – and very good value.
- Das Frühstück war reichhaltig und liebevoll präsentiert. Der Frühstücksraum wie auch der angrenzende Wintergarten waren sehr liebevoll und detailversessen ausgestattet.
- Mooi sanitair, eigen ingang aan de tuin. Prachtig gelegen, fijne sfeer.
- We took our evening meal in the hotel restaurant and the quality and taste was excellent. The restaurant had a good atmosphere and we were made to feel welcome by the staff – even with our limited ‘french’!
Hotel Restaurant du Lion d’Or
Hotel Restaurant du Lion d’Or is located in Château-Chinon, just 29 miles from Avallon. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Sainte-Marie is 24 miles from Hotel du Lion dOr, and Vézelay is 29 miles away.
- The owner was helpful and friendly but is obviously over worked and needs help.
- Meals are great. We had a very good dinner and accommodation.
The proprietors enthusiasm like I’ve never seen before. Francoise Miterand lived here for 40 years in Chateau Chinon, The Marie and colourful water fountains just a stone throw from the hotel, I didn’t ask for the tour but could not refuse.
Room was good size with roll down shutters.
I also asked for early breakfast on Sunday morning 07:30 excellent service basic but good start to the day, coffee and croissant jam.
- The location in the town is great. The parking is right outside the hotel and free.
- L’accueil, le repas, l’ambiance, la chambre, le petit déjeuner
Featuring free WiFi and a barbecue, Hôtel l’Annexe offers accommodations in Moux-en-Morvan. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is provided.You will find a hairdresser’s at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking and fishing. Avallon is 24 miles from Hôtel l’Annexe, and Vézelay is 28 miles away.
- Good to have a view for once and breakfast was good
- Extremely quiet facility, idealistically located at the edge of the village
- nous avons été très bien reçus très bien installés. Tout était PARFAIT
- la situation dans la région; le panorama de la salle du petit déjeuner; l’accueil sobre, attentionné
- Nous sommes des habitués toujours parfait l accueil la chambre le petit déj…nous reviendrons cette fois peut être en Harley…
Chalet du Montal
Chalet du Montal is located in Dun-les-Places, 14 miles from Avallon and 31 miles from Sainte-Marie. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Certain accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the river or garden. The rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and fishing. Vézelay is 18 miles from Chalet du Montal, and Autun is 27 miles away.
- Peaceful and relaxing location in a natural setting next to a river. Cosy place with friendly owners.
Evening meal and breakfast was very good
River + location
The Owner and ALL the other staff were – great !! — felt Very welcomed
Bedroom was 2 into 1 (different) but the Beds comfortable
- The Chalet was in an excellent location in the unspoilt Morvan Natural park. The host was very welcoming and attentive.
- Excellent and very friendly staff, owners extremely helpful. I would definitely stay again. I loved listening to the river (just outside the place) and looking at it. Perfect location for visiting areas nearby.
- In the midst of nature, right above a wild creek is this sophisticated “camping ground” with a nice, cosy restaurant and extreme friendly staff. What was intended as a stop on the way turned out to be a very cosy place too good to be left after just one day.
Auberge du Morvan
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Auberge du Morvan offers accommodations in Alligny-en-Morvan, just 23 miles from Avallon. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You can play darts at this hotel, and the area is popular for biking. Vézelay is 27 miles from Auberge du Morvan, and Autun is 18 miles from the property.
- Extraordinary find. Very nice rooms. Great restaurant with excellent service. Very friendly host.
Basic but protected and very appreciated parking for the motorbike.
Wonderful veal and pike parch main meals in the onsite restaurant.
Very good breakfast
- Die Lage ist perfekt. Wer Ruhe sucht und Entspannung ist dort bestens aufgehoben. Die Wirtsleute sind super nette Gastgeber und das Essen einfach traumhaft.
Personnel vraiment accueillant, souriant et aimable. Le restaurant est excellent avec un très bon rapport qualité/prix et les chambres sont très propres avec une ambiance neuf ( les équipements sont très récents ) / vieux ( poutre apparente et architecture “à l’ancienne” ) qui donne un charme tout particulier. Vraiment un très bon établissement, je le recommande vivement !
Ps : petite mention à leur chienne Stella qui tient compagnie aux clients sur la terrasse et qui en plus mange les guêpes pour pas que les clients se fassent piquer !
- Toute la cuisine est fait maison et est excellente
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Hotel Fortin offers pet-friendly accommodations in Anost, just 29 miles from Avallon. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a private bathroom.You will find an ATM at the property.Autun is 13 miles from Hotel Fortin, and Le Creusot is 24 miles from the property.
- La situation au coeur du village. Propreté de la chambre.
Accueil gentil et serviable. Bonne qualité de la literie et du petit déjeuner.
Satisfait de pouvoir trouver encore un hôtel même modeste dans cette campagne à l’écart. Il participe à la vie du village d’Anost et nous également en l’acceptant tel quel.
Rapport qualité prix convenable.
- le lit confortable et le petit déjeuner avec orange pressée
- De kamer was wat gedateerd , maar netjes . De ligging was centraal voor wandelen en fietsen . Parking was privaat en ok . De verlichting was wat zwak voor mijn ogen om de planning van de volgende dag te maken . Het personeel was vriendelijk en behulpzaam .
Tout est typique ici : le village, l’hôtel, la famille Fortin. Nous avons été très bien accueillis. L’hébergement est certes vétuste, il aurait besoin de rafraichissement mais il est conforme à ce qui est annoncé. Le linge de maison est propre et bien blanc. Les hôtes sont très flexibles sur l’arrivée et le départ.
Les pizzas de Cendrine sont très bonnes.
Hotel Camping Sur Yonne
Featuring free WiFi, Hotel Camping Sur Yonne offers accommodations in Épiry, just 22 miles from Avallon. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Nevers is 30 miles from Hotel Camping Sur Yonne, and Sainte-Marie is 15 miles from the property.
- Out of the way rural location with a brook running through the property. Not too far from the nearest town to duck in for a meal. Breakfast and dinner provided on the property were of good quality and content. Well maintained for campers and good camping facilities.
- The location and the price are very nice if you are visiting the area of Morvan. You can feel the nature in a pleasant and quite place, close to the river.
- L’accueil et la décoration du lieu, maison, chambres et le jardin. Le calme absolu
- Les gens sont très sympathiques, le lieu est calme.
- Mooie locatie, alles gedaan Om gasten een plezierige tijd te be zorgen. Zelfs mooie biblioteek aanwezig.
Top Hotels In Ouroux En Morvan Burgundy Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ouroux en Morvan Burgundy. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!