10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ortoño Galicia – Top Hotel Reviews
Ortoño Galicia is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ortoño Galicia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ortoño Galicia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ortoño Galicia. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ortoño Galicia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ortoño Galicia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ortoño Galicia:
Hotel Balneario de Compostela
Hotel Balneario de Compostela was built in 2004 and is located in the beautiful A Maía Valley, in Brión, on the outskirts of Santiago de Compostela, only 5.6 mi away from the city center.It features a free gym and a health spa with a swimming pool with mineral-medicinal water, different types of showers and saunas.Air-conditioned rooms include a satellite TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer and free toiletries. Bathrobes and slippers are included.The hotel has an a la carte restaurant, a complete coffee-shop and also private halls for groups and banquets. In the “Os Anxeles” restaurant, guests can taste Galician dishes. There is a set menu and a tasting menu.Right on the road to Noia, an old medieval town considered to be Compostela´s harbor, Hotel Balneario de Compostela is scarcely half an hour away from excellent beaches and right on the final stretch of Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route.
- We had a menu del día at lunch and it was delicious. The breakfast was very good too. I also loved the terraced area off from the spa..I went to dry off, sunbathe and then went back in the spa…very relaxing.
- Bed was very comfortable, breakfast offered multiple quality options, and service was excellent.
Excellent location for access to Santiago de Compostela. Easy walk to town of Brion. Excellent breakfast choice. I cannot fault this hotel.
- Great staff, wonderful room and bathroom, and peaceful.
- The breakfast was extremely nice. The nicest breakfast I have ever had on any hotel..
Asador de Roxos Casa Albardonedo
Located in the small Galician town of Roxos, Asador de Roxos Casa Albardonedo features a charming garden and offers accommodations with heating and free WiFi.Exposed wooden beams and stone walls lend this property a rustic feel, harmoniously combined with elegant furnishings and decorations. There is a restaurant and a snack bar, with the possibility of ordering packed lunches.All rooms have a TV, wardrobe, and telephone. The private bathroom comes with a bath. Guests can also enjoy a shared lounge and meeting or banquet facilities.Asador de Roxos Casa Albardonedo is located 3.1 mi from Santiago de Compostela and offers specific services and facilities for pilgrims. These services include luggage transfer, bike storage and massage services.The coast can be reached in around 30 minutes by car.
- This beautiful establishment can be likened to a “mini-Parador.” Run by a master chef and two charming sisters, the feeling is 1800’s beautifully renovated, with many different spaces in its gorgeous restaurant and outside. A perfect venue for a family reunion, wedding, baptism, or other such event, and a romantic getaway. The food is superb, as is the service!
A gorgeous refurbished establishment I’d compare to a mini-Parador. Beautiful decor, fantastic ambiance, the food in the restaurant superb and marvelous quality-price ratio, and above all, a team of beautiful, charming sisters led by an equally devoted master Chef made our stay like being at home. Our little French bulldog Igor was treated like visiting royalty.
I would recommend this lovely hotel and restaurant to one and all!
- The evening meals in the hotel restaurant were superb.
- The staff were very friendly and helpful despite our inability to speak their language, and we had a lovely evening meal and a restful stay.
- The hotel is located about 5km from Santiago de Compostela, it features a garden and a terrace and a restaurant. Very clean, food was good and staff very friendly, helpful and nice, they made our stay very pleasant.
Hotel O Desvio
Well placed for visiting both Galicia’s ancient monuments and its stunning coastline, this new hotel provides the perfect place to relax, just 2.5 mi from Santiago de Compostela.The O Desvio lies in peaceful surroundings just 5 minutes from the city center. This makes it a great base to explore the world-famous cathedral and other historic sites of the city – the end of the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route. You can also easily reach the dramatic coastline and fantastic beaches of this northern region, just 20 minutes away.O Desvio blends its traditional setting, and characteristic wood and stone look, with a wide range of modern facilities. These include hydromassage showers, free Wi-Fi internet access and flat-screen satellite TVs in each room.Relax after a busy day with an authentic Galician dinner in the hotel restaurant. You can also unwind with a drink out on the hotel terrace.
Breakfast was Spanish/European and plentiful. Great bread, meats and traditional tart . Coffee lovely.
It was a clean and comfortable room.
One of the ladies providing reception duties/ clean and cafeteria wk was very helpful when language permitted.
Restaurant opposite, belonging to the hotel was fantastic. As we were a group of 12, they gave us our own room. Food was fantastic
Would definitely stay here again, if we are coming close to this area.
Not far from Santiago de Compestelo
- Staff were friendly and helpful. Moved us to a room at the back of the hotel at our request. Was a pleasant experience considering we could speak no Spanish and they spoke very little English. Greatly appreciated they took the trouble to understand our needs and made our stay very comfortable.
- Limpeza, tranquilidade e, principalmente, a atenção e a amabilidade da gerente Belén.
- Estupendo hotel cerca de Santiago, ideal si piensas moverte en coche por otras zonas de Galicia. Destacar la amplitud de las habitaciones y de las camas (la individual es de 120), pero sobre todo, el trato familiar por parte del personal del hotel, te hacen sentir como en casa
- Breakfast was Spanish/European and plentiful. Great bread, meats and traditional tart . Coffee lovely.
Hotel Gastronómico Casa Rosalia
This 250-year-old farmhouse has been exquisitely renovated into a hotel blending historic charm with fantastic, contemporary design features.The Casa Rosalia is housed in a traditional wood and stone building 6.2 mi outside of Santiago de Compostela. It is surrounded by ancient houses and the picturesque, green countryside of Galicia.Wonder through the hotel’s well-preserved courtyard and enjoy its timeless charm. When the weather allows, you can also take a refreshing dip in the outdoor swimming pool or simply sunbathe in the garden.Dine on site at the Casa Rosalia’s welcoming restaurant, which serves a selection of seasonal, local cuisine. Then relax beside the fireplace in the enchanting surroundings.
- Plenty of decent affordable food and drink. Decent swimming pool and garden.
- The breakfast was very good polite staff helpful i recommend warmly the location.Confortable everithink was ok
- The rooms were wonderful, decor modern and tasteful. Having a great restaurant on site, a definite plus.
Staff extremely friendly and helpful.
They stood outside in the rain with umbrellas when we were loading our car ; exceptional!!!
The restaurant is actually pretty good.
- When we arrived we had a basket of fruit waiting for us. It made my day.
A Quinta Da Auga Hotel Spa Relais & Chateaux
Set in a renovated 18th-century building, A Quinta Da Auga is a luxury eco-hotel located just outside central Santiago de Compostela. The beautiful property has gardens, fountains and a river.Each of the rooms is individually decorated, blending antique details with modern features. Facilities include a free mini-bar, free Wi-Fi access and flat-screen satellite TV.A Quinta Da Auga’s spa has 3 floors, including a private area for groups. It offers a sauna, hot tub, Turkish bath and a hydrotherapy pool. A wide range of natural treatments is offered.The Restaurant Filigrana serves traditional Galician cuisine and has a terrace overlooking the gardens. There is also a cozy library with a Baroque fireplace.The hotel is set in a residential area, just 1.9 mi from Santiago’s historic center. There is easy access by bus, with a bus stop outside the hotel. There is a 24-hour reception and free parking.
- Superb property in quiet residentail area outside Santiago city. Great facilities. Sauna and steam in spa wonderful. Top class breakfast. Sommelier of the highest quality with sone excellent wines. Reasonable in comparison to many cities. Superb quiet luxury room. Definately for the romantics! Will return as Galicia is beautiful and people most friendly. Staff among the most courteous i’ve encountered.?
- We have a very good time in this hotel, just perfect for us. Very comfortable.
The service at hotel reception, as well as, restaurant was excellent.
The Filigrana restaurant menu is a must to taste, all apetaizers without exception were awesome and mains too with only exception of bonito that we found a bit plain compared with all the rest of great and rich variety of flavours.
I requested to provide a special room for this fantastic occasion and the room we got really exceeded our expections.
This hotel deserves the fifth star as overall outcome is excellent.
Thanks for making this stay amazing, see you soon!!
- Superb breakfast to start the day. Good Cafe Bar for snacks and drinks. Quality restaurant. 45 minute walk or 5 minute taxi to town. Respectable distance from the pilgrims!
Beautifully decorated and very comfortable rooms. Located just outside the center but easy to get in/out for sightseeing.
The main restaurant serves delicious food and wines and excellent service.
Hotel PAYRO **
Hotel PAYRO **, a 2-star hotel, is a property located in Milladoiro. Guests can make use of a bar.At the hotel, all rooms are fitted with a desk and a TV. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom with a shower, free toiletries and a hairdryer. Guest rooms feature a wardrobe.Guests have access to a heated pool and spa, as well as a fitness center, located near the property.Santiago de Compostela is 3.1 mi from Hotel PAYRO **, while Pontevedra is 29 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 8.7 mi from the property.
- The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious clean and very comfortable. We stopped here for the just before completing the Camino Portugese and would highly recommend Pyro to fellow Caminos
- Its a family hotel, they were very accomodating and very helpfull. Would go back aby rime.
- The owner was very nice, spoke better English than I spoke Spanish, was very helpful for example in helping us find a restaurant for dinner.
- Good place for last night before approaching Santiago. Fibally a bit of privacy after many days in Albergue. Grat value for the price….
- Comfortable warm room. Very kind friendly staff. Close to camino
Pazo de Adrán
Located outside Milladoiro in the village of San Xoán Calo and 15 minutes’ drive from Santiago de Compostela, Pazo de Adrán is set in 13123 ft² of beautiful gardens. This 18th-century property features an outdoor swimming pool and an à la carte restaurant.The 10 individually decorated rooms at Pazo de Adrán open onto balconies. All rooms have free wired internet access, air conditioning, heating and a private bathroom.You can enjoy a range of Galician dishes in the Pazo’s rustic restaurant. There is also a café and a lounge.The surrounding countryside is ideal for hiking and the beaches at Rianxo are approximately 22 mi from the property.The AP9 Motorway is 1.2 mi away and connects you to Pontevedra and Vigo in 50 minutes.
Quite a long way off the Camino but a very pleasant surprise after a long, hot day of walking.
A good choice if you want to have an easy 10k walk in to Santiago on your last day.
We had a vegetable risotto for dinner as it was quite late and the taste was outstanding for something so simple.
The restaurant looked beautiful, however as it was a nice evening we chose to eat outside.
Receptionist was lovely and helpful, nice to be given a choice of rooms on check in.
- The stuff was very friendly and the pool was nice.
- The hotel was beautiful, affordable, and family friendly! I really enjoyed my stay! The food was delicious and their employees work hard and are welcoming! I was impressed!
- We stayed at this property while walking the Camino Trail to Santiago. We decided to use this for the final night before Santiago. It is about 1km walk off the Camino Trail but well worth it. Great pool and garden areas to rest and relax. We stayed mid week so perhaps was discounted, but was incredible value for money. Food at onsite restaurant was also very good. Highly recommend and was the perfect place to rest before walking the final 14 or so kms into Santiago cathedral.
- Very nice and helpful staff. An oasis just a few minutes away from Santiago!
- Quite a long way off the Camino but a very pleasant surprise after a long, hot day of walking.
Casa Grande de Cornide
Easily accessible from the AP9 Motorway, this 18th-century farmhouse is in the Galician town of Cornide. It offers an outdoor pool and country-style rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TV.The rooms at the Casa Grande de Cornide feature rustic décor, with stone walls and wooden floors. Each one has a private bathroom and views of the attractive garden.The hotel has several lounges and a library with over 3000 books. One of the lounges has large windows and looks out onto the garden, where there is a dovecote and a Galician granary.The hotel serves breakfast with the option of eating it in your room. The restaurant specializes in traditional Galician food.The Casa Grande is just 10 minutes’ drive from Santiago de Compostela, whose old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and offers specific services and facilities for pilgrims. These services include backpacks transfer, lockers, bike rental and bike storage.
We were extremely warmely welcomed and had one of the best and most beautiful stays here. We were cooked our own personal lunch and breakfast, which were both very tasty. At the end of our stay, we were even driven back to the Camino, since the Casa Grande de Cornide is a bit off (roughly 1-1.5km away) the Camino Portogues.
Definitely recommend that!
- A loving stay in a beautiful house carefully and lovely managed by Tania and Carlos. The location is perfect with easy access to Santiago de Campostela.
- Todo en general, instalaciones, trato, tranquilidad…
- Picturesque garden and building. Nice breakfast. Swimming pool looked inviting but weather not good enough to use it. Comfortable sofas and interesting library.
- Carlos and Tanya are fanetastic. Carlos whipped us up a nice dinner and served it to us at the time requested. Delicious. Beautiful property. A good place to stay for a tired pelegrina. Room for families.
- We were extremely warmely welcomed and had one of the best and most beautiful stays here. We were cooked our own personal lunch and breakfast, which were both very tasty. At the end of our stay, we were even driven back to the Camino, since the Casa Grande de Cornide is a bit off (roughly 1-1.5km away) the Camino Portogues.
Eurostars Gran Hotel Santiago
Eurostars Gran Hotel Santiago is in Santiago de Compostela, 20 minutes’ walk from the cathedral and city center. It has easy access to the AP-9 Motorway. There is free WiFi.All air-conditioned rooms at the Eurostars Gran Hotel Santiago have a satellite TV, mini-bar and safe. The private bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer.The hotel is located next to university’s Vida Campus, and 1,650 feet from the University Hospital Complex (CHUS).The Eurostars Gran Hotel Santiago is set in gardens and has an impressive central atrium, with plants hanging from each balcony. There is a 24-hour front desk and you can hire a car from the tour desk.
- Very helpful staff, knowledgeable about the town, logistics and its offerings.
- Maria at reception was outstanding. She is an asset to have at the hotel 👏
Room very comfortable
Rosemary is overworked in the hotel bar and food area
She works so hard! Reception have 2 persons on most of the time , they could help, we felt strongly and mentioned this sensitive matter when checking out. Apparently staff agree that Rosemary is overworked , but the lady manager refused to give her assistance, as she requested help. We feel this appears inhumane
- Great hotel. Really comfortable. Receptionist Maria was brilliant, helpful above and beyond the call of duty. Good location for walking to the old town/cathedral. Car park access was a little tight but was OK with care.
- Good breakfast in a top floor restaurant with good views. Attractive central atrium with rooms round side with a lot of plants and glass lift. Room had armchairs with good lighting for reading.
NH Hesperia Santiago Peregrino
NH Hesperia Santiago Peregrino is located 15 minutes’ walk from Santiago Cathedral and Obradoiro Square. It offers a large 3-tiered garden with a seasonal outdoor pool and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.The rooms at the Peregrino feature satellite TV and a mini-bar. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer. Rooms have views of the city or the gardens.The hotel’s Buffet Al Punto restaurant offers a healthy AntiOx breakfast, as well as fresh and natural meals for lunch and dinner. The restaurant also looks onto the hotel gardens. In the lobby bar you will find a range of drinks.Other facilities at the NH Hesperia Santiago Peregrino include a fitness center and 6 function rooms.You can walk to Santiago Train Station in 15 minutes. Airport busses leave from a stop 10 minutes’ walk away. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 9.3 mi from the hotel.
- Excellent place to stay,comfortable 10 mins walking distance to centre of town,if you travel to here must see is the church. Not just for religious reasons.
- The location, it was quite easy to walk into the old city.
- Excellent breakfast with good variety and healthy options available including delicious fresh brown bread when it was available. Excellent kitchen management.Large comfy beds with fresh cotton sheets. Very helpful, waiting, cleaning and reception staff. They were good enough to allow us to check in early as our room was ready. Fabulous swimming pool, a decent size and very clean.
- Family was in the pool as much as possible. Helpful, friendly, hard working staff. Great buffet, comfy beds. Called for towels (our fault) and there arrived in four minutes!
- Loved the pool and the awesome bar service! They were so kind! It was the best way to enjoy a few days after completing El Camino!
Top Hotels In Ortoño Galicia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ortoño Galicia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ortoño Galicia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ortoño Galicia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!