10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ontaneda Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Ontaneda Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ontaneda Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ontaneda Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ontaneda Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ontaneda Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ontaneda Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ontaneda Cantabria:
Hotel Balneario De Alceda
Hotel Balneario Parque De Alceda is located in Alceda, just 26 mi from Santander. It features outdoor thermal pools, a gym and rooms with under-floor heating.The Parque de Alceda Hotel rooms are spacious and have a TV and phone. There is a hairdryer in the bathrooms.The hotel’s thermal spa offers various treatments based on the therapeutic qualities of the naturally warm water from the Alceda Spring. Massage and beauty treatments are also available.The Parque de Alceda has a café-bar where guests can enjoy tapas and home-made cakes and pastries. The hotel’s à la carte restaurant specializes in local dishes.Hotel Balneario Parque De Alceda is 1,000 feet from the local bus station, where there are daily connections to Santander, Burgos and Madrid. There is also free parking outside the hotel.
- The grounds around at the hotel are pleasent but even outside a smell of sewerage is present.
- Las aguas del balneario son lo único que valoro en positivo
- La ubicación es magnífica. En medio de un paraje natural que dan ganas de quedarte ahí a vivir. Las dos piscinas estupendas y el trato del personal muy bueno. Las habitaciones están muy bien.
- Precios,Tranquildad. El parque. Aire fresco.Personal amable y atento ! Gracias !
- El entorno preciso la atencion a nivel de personal muy buena
Hotel De Borleña
Featuring a garden, Hotel De Borleña is located in a peaceful green area of Borleña. The hotel is set in a rustic stone building. Free Wi-Fi access and parking are available.The classically designed rooms feature comfortable furnishings and a flat-screen TV. The private bathrooms come with a bath and hairdryer.Hotel De Borleña has a bar and restaurant serving local cuisine. Laundry service is available. Torrelavega is 12 mi away. The historic town Santillana del Mar is a 30-minute drive from Hotel De Borleña.Bilbao Airport is 78 mi away.
The bed was super comfortable,
The breakfast and the staff were
Super Nice and the host was a very friendly man. (Javier)
- Well maintained, everything worked. Liked the decor, and the location for the riverside walk before we set off the next day. Its a quiet road, about 30 miles from Santander where we caught the ferry the next day. Its also close to a very enjoyable cycle route. We saw three red kites flying nearby, and visited a neolithic cave and its paintings ( 40,000 years old ) in a nearby village.
- Good location next to the N623 but quiet in the evening even with the bedroom window open. The owner (3rd generation in the family) looked after us royally. We were five motorcyclists arriving a bit late in the wet. The chef (owners mum) cooked all our meals especially for us. The wine was a good price and excellent quality. The hotel has a lovely veg garden as well
- Friendly owner & staff. The premises were spotless! Interesting accommodation. Would recommend & will return when we are in the area. The bar & restaurant opposite were very good also.
- Good for a stopover, staff friendly, restaurant in front offers good food although a bit pricey.
- The bed was super comfortable,
El Rincón de Doña Urraca
Set in extensive gardens, this charming rustic hotel is located in the village of Cotillo, in Cantabria’s Anievas Valley. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking and a 24-hour reception.Heated rooms at Hotel-Posada El Rincón de Doña Urraca feature wooden floors and mountain view. Each has a TV and private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries. Some have a balcony and hydro-massage shower.Breakfast is available in the hotel’s country-style restaurant. There is also a bar and a lounge with a fireplace.Luggage storage is offered and the Rincón de Doña Urraca has a tour desk. The A67 motorway is a 10-minute drive away and Santander Airport is 31 mi away.
- We booked two nights but we stayed three nights at this charming little hotell. I hope to come back in the future, love it. If you want to relax from everything go here. We spent two weeks in Cantabria/Asturia and the best food we was served here.
- Gorgeous location in pretty hamlet, beautiful views from balcony, magnificent property, warm welcome, excellent food (evening meal and breakfast). Highly recommended.
I Spend 14 days with them. In every aspect was great. Every detail is very important for them. Attention can not be better is just a great experience.
A great concept done by a hard working couple.
Congratulations, see you soon.
- Beautiful spot near old attractive church. Very tastefully restored house with beams and stone floors. Lovely friendly host
- Easy to find from A68 and convenient for the Santander ferry. Room was comfortable and clean. Dinner was tremendous, as was breakfast, good wine too. Staff are very welcoming.
Villa Arce Hotel
Villa Arce Hotel offers a shared garden, a terrace and free WiFi throughout in Puente Viesgo. Suances Beach is 30 minutes’ drive away and Santander is 25 mi away.All the modern rooms at this property come with a terrace, TV and mini-bar. Their private bathrooms include a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some include a sofa and a spa bath. There is a shared library and TV area for guests to make use of.The hotel has a tour desk where you can arrange outdoor activities such as hiking, canoeing, cycling and fishing, or get tourist information of the area.Parque Natural Dunas de Liencres Nature Reserve is 17 mi from Villa Arce Hotel and a 30-minute drive will take you to Santander Airport.
- Charming hotel in lovely countryside. Very friendly staff. Superb breakfast.
- We arrived late due to the ferry, the lady then went out of her way to prepare us a meal. Good bed and toilet facilities. Breakfast was very nice and I must admit the staff were top notch. The views were superb and has a sitting room, balcony where you can relax.
- Very smart and modern design new hotel in the countryside with very pleasant people looking after us.
- Lovely rural location, very clean and comfortable. A 40 minutes walk to Puente Viesgo.
- A bit hard to find, off the road in an unlikely rural neighborhood. Lovely building with a rustic view of fields and farms. No English spoken at all, nor the humor to make a stab at communication… comfortable but not welcoming.
Hotel La Alfonsina
Hotel La Alfonsina is set in Santibáñez de Villacarriedo, 15 mi from Santander. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Hotel La Alfonsina features free WiFi throughout the property.Hotel La Alfonsina offers buffet breakfast prepared with characteristic local products. There is a 24-hour front desk, a shared lounge, a tour desk and shops at the property. Guided tours are also offered.Santillana del Mar is 17 mi from Hotel La Alfonsina, while Suances is 16 mi away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 12 mi from Hotel La Alfonsina.
- Hotel is located at country side there’s beautiful landscapes from your window. Rooms are clean and cozy. Owner and the staff is super friendly. Breakfast is good and we arrived late night the owner took us to his restaurant for late dinner. Area is really different and beautiful from southern Spain. Nothing to complain ?
Very helpful, friendly and nice staff.
Beautiful rooms – lovely use of wood and stone.
- Great location, super -friendly staff, and one of the best buffet breakfasts we’ve ever had (we were the only guests that night, and they still put the whole buffet for us). The rooms are stylish and newly renovated. The whole experience was superb.
- The hotel is very nice. It is small and everything is kept simple, but in a nice a cool way. We definitely can recommend the breakfast with a lot of different hams and the sheep milk yoghurt. Enjoy that cool place with just 10min away from the Cabarceno zoo.
The property was located in a beautiful country setting and was easily located. The room was superb with fabulous decor, an amazing shower unit and very comfortable beds. The soundproofing in the room against the noise from the road which ran directly below our room window was excellent.
The breakfast at the hotel was simply the best with wonderful fresh food and lovely service. We could not have asked for more. We were presented with a beautiful cake as we left which was simply amazing.
B&B El Jardín de Aes
B&B El Jardín de Aes is a renovated 18th-century colonial house, located 1,650 feet from Cantabria’s Puente Viesgo. Set in gardens, it features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.The rustic rooms are heated and feature a TV and wooden floors. Some have wooden beams and a seating area. The private bathroom comes with a shower.Breakfast is available at B&B El Jardín de Aes. There is an outdoor terrace and guests can also relax in the library.Puente Viesgo is known for its cave paintings and thermal spa, as well as many hiking trails. Santillana del Mar and Suances Beach are within a 30-minute drive. Santander Airport is 22 mi away.
- Loved the rooms views. Shower was very good. Lovely people who came and found us when we couldn’t find the place.
- The lady was very sweet but neither she or her husband could speak English . The house is beautiful and the views from the balcony are wonderful . There’s a restaurant along the road which is good . Good for a stop over from Santander.
- Relaxing environment. Scenic views. Great pictures. Awsome service.
- The B&B was located in an attractive rural and mountainous area on a main road and represented very good value for money. There was parking space and the large house had very interesting decor and architecture. The breakfast was good.
- The owner was very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much for her.
Posada Ribera del Pas
Posada Ribera del Pas in Iruz features a garden and a terrace. Offering a restaurant, the property also has a shared lounge. Guests can enjoy mountain views.The rooms in the inn are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Rooms contain a private bathroom with a shower, free toiletries and a hair dryer. All rooms at Posada Ribera del Pas include air conditioning and a desk.The area is popular for cycling and hiking.Santander is 15 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 12 miles from Posada Ribera del Pas.
- Beautiful location. Staff are very nice. They make you feel at home.
- Secure parking. Nice family atmosphere. Very accommodating on eating times. I am a vegetarian,but they were happy to offer an alternative. Ideal for port of Santander, 40 mins.
Struttura recente e ben curata, stanze comode, ristorante casalingo di buona qualità.
Pur essendo vicino alla strada, questa non è trafficata per cui c’è silenzio.
Per chi ama correre è possibile farlo lungo un sentiero prevalentemente ciclabile poco distante dall’hotel.
Parcheggio all’interno della proprietà.
- Su ubicación, la limpieza, el trato agradable del personal y lo bonita que es la posada.
- Ens va agradar molt les explicacions q ens van fer de llocs per visitar!! L’esmorzar correcte tot i que si t’agrada el salat no et serveixen embotit per exemple. La habitació era gran i mooolt neta!! Un 10 en aquest aspecte. Bona ubicació per fer rutes per la montanya i per la tranquilitat del lloc. Un jardi i zones comunes molt cuidades!!!
Gran Hotel Balneario De Puente Viesgo
Gran Hotel Puente Balneario Viesgo features a luxury spa, fitness center and free parking. It is set in attractive gardens by Cantabria’s River Pas and is 17 mi from Santander.All rooms at the Gran Hotel Puente Viesgo have free WiFi. Each includes cable TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom. Most rooms have air conditioning.The hotel spa offers a range of hydrotherapy treatments, a massage service and flotation pool. It also has a hydro-massage pool, hot tubs and saunas.The Balneario Viesgo is surrounded by hills and forests. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Caves of Monte Castillo is 5 minutes’ drive away and the Cabárceno Natural Park is just 9.3 mi away.The hotel has good access to major roads. These include the E70 and A67 motorways. The hotel has an airport transfer service, available on request.
- Very nice room. Comfy bed. Great beauty services and thermal facilities. inside and outside pools. Located in a marvelous valley. Great nature surroundings and just +/-20 km from Santander. To repeat for sure.
- Situated at a beautiful place for walking and biking and to enjoy the spa. The views from the hotel were amazing! The staff is really friendly!
- Situation. Comfort. Facilities all great. Beautiful location. Lovely pool.
- Stayed one night after arriving into Santander from the ferry – an easy drive. Lovely location. Fabulous walk in showe and a comfortable bed. Good breakfast, and food in restaurant for dinner was good too.
1) Location is fantastic – great views from the hotel itself and beautiful village with several nice restaurants, and close drive to other beautiful places such as Cabarceno, Santander, Santoña etc.
2) Lovely swimming pool outside and fantastic facilities at Temple de Agua (though extra fee applies)
3) Very friendly and helpful staff – you can tell they have been working there for many years and love the place!
4) Great selection of fresh fruits and pastries for breakfast and good local menu at the restaurant and not very expensive.
La Casona Azul
La Casona Azul is located in Corvera, 1.9 mi from Puente Viesgo Spa and 22 mi from Santander. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking and a spacious garden with hammocks.The rooms at Casona Azul feature wooden floors and garden views. Each one comes with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries.A daily homemade breakfast is served, including freshly squeezed orange juice. Breakfast can be served in the garden. Dinner is also available on prior request, and you can also enjoy this in the garden or on the porch.The property has a spacious lounge with a fireplace and a range of books and music. Staff at reception can provide information about the surrounding area, and they can arrange hiking routes.Cabárceno Nature Reserve is a 15-minute drive from Casona Azul, and the charming village of Santillana del Mar is 30 minutes away. You can drive to Santander Ferry Terminal and Airport in around 30 minutes.
- We were warmly welcomed by Maria Eugenia & Juan Carlos even though we arrived late. They treated us like friends and went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay. The accommodation was absolutely beautiful and we wished we’d arranged to stay longer. It was one of the highlights of our tour of northern Spain.
A beautiful place hidden in the most stunning part of Spain. Love the shabby chic style, all the books, amazing hospitality and cosy rooms. We felt totally at home.
Great tips on what to do in the area and so attentive and considerate.
The place is very beautiful and the staff incredibly welcoming and helpful. The house decoration has a strong personality, and we gladly enjoyed it. Our room had some books and I had a good time looking at them. The outdoors of the property is also lovey.
The location is also nice, pretty much a countryside experience near beautiful scenarios, caves and not so far from Santander.
- Juan Carlos and Maria Eugenia were very welcoming and very helpful with all our questions and in planning our itinerary esch day.
- La casa es preciosa, la zona súper tranquila y la atención de Juan Carlos de diez. El desayuno y la habitación muy cuidados. Alojamiento 100% recomendable para unos días de desconexión y turismo por la zona.
Posada Medieval El Manjon
Featuring a garden and a restaurant, Posada Medieval El Manjon is located in Barros. The property features a terrace, as well as a shared lounge. The property has room service and free WiFi.At the inn, every room is equipped with a desk. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom with a bidet. All rooms feature a closet.Guests at Posada Medieval El Manjon can enjoy a continental breakfast.The accommodation has a playground. Guests at Posada Medieval El Manjon will be able to enjoy activities in and around Barros, like skiing.Santander is 18 miles from the inn, while Potes is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 16 miles from the property.
Lovely little hotel ,great location just off the A67 1/2 hour from Santander. Perfect for us as a quick stop.over on route to/from the ferry. Lovely clean room and lovely welcoming staff. Parking on site. Restaurant on site and breakfast available for a small fee although we didn’t use so can’t comment.
Would have rated as excellent but for lukewarm hot water. Staff were lovely so sure it would have been sorted had we had more time but we were up early and off on our onward journey.
- Lovely staff, lovely dog! fabulous breakfast and coffee. great sized room and good shower!
- Ideally located off the motorway, beautifully done out
- Very comfortable and warm room. Spotlessly clean. Could not hear the road.
- Location. The hotel had was nice as was the staff.
- Lovely little hotel ,great location just off the A67 1/2 hour from Santander. Perfect for us as a quick stop.over on route to/from the ferry. Lovely clean room and lovely welcoming staff. Parking on site. Restaurant on site and breakfast available for a small fee although we didn’t use so can’t comment.
Top Hotels In Ontaneda Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ontaneda Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ontaneda Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ontaneda Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!