10 Best Hotels To Stay In Newport Rhode Island – Top Hotel Reviews
Newport Rhode Island is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Newport Rhode Island. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Newport Rhode Island. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Newport Rhode Island. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Newport Rhode Island right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Newport Rhode Island with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Newport Rhode Island:
Castle Hill Inn
This waterfront Newport, Rhode Island property features an on-site restaurant and luxury accommodations. Free Wi-Fi access is available.A fireplace and a flat-screen cable TV are included in each room at Castle Hill Inn. Select rooms have a sea view. The private bathrooms include towels.Guests can use complimentary bikes to explore Newport. An array of activities can be enjoyed in the area, including cycling, hiking and fishing.Lunch, dinner and weekend brunch are available in the dining room at Newport’s Castle Hill Inn. Additional food and drinks are served at the Sunset Terrace Bar.The Newport Mansions and the Cliff Walk are both 4 miles from the inn. The property provides free parking.
- We received a complementary upgrade to a beach cottage and the views were spectacular.
- Location ,not to far from center,view of ocean was very nice could hear waves in bed.
- Nathan was extremely helpful, courteous and calm when heating didn’t work in my room, and then again when it didn’t work in the second room. He did his best to make things right and he succeeded! I ended up really enjoying my stay and plan to go back.
- Beautiful Newport classic inn in which we went to for 40th anniversary. Elegant old style, exc staff and quality. Exc food and dining also. Familiar with place since we have been in Newport many many times. Beautiful grounds, gardens and views. It’s always busy. Staff very nice & low key.
- Everything was just perfect this time, from the accommodations to dinner, breakfast, lunch and tea! Loved it, and will be back!
Mainstay Hotel and Conference Center
One of our top picks in Newport.Located 1.8 miles from International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Mainstay Hotel and Conference Center features a restaurant and bar.Some accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.T.F. Green Airport is 16 miles away.
- Room was clean and the maid was good. Portafinos had great food!
- We didn’t get a chance to stay for breakfast, unfortunately.
- The fridge and microwave in the room and the gift shop were very nice. The staff was excellent!
- We love the location of the hotel and the casino across the street. We love that you can walk to the casino across the street which has great, free entertainment. We also like the fact that it is a short Uber ride to the bars and restaurants on Thames Street.
- we stay here from time to time just to get away in the winter. this hotel is close enough to the casino and not far from downtown newport and attractions. it has a great bar and restaurant on site too.
The Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
One of our top picks in Newport.The Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina offers accommodations in Newport. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.A flat-screen TV and Blu-ray player, as well as a CD player are featured. Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the sea or city. Every room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. T.F. Green Airport is 17 miles from the property.
- Room was just right and a great value for the money.
- The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The pool was heated and the kids had a great time. Breakfast buffet was supplemented by fresh eggs, made to order pancakes and waffles. Waitstaff and management staff were very friendly and helpful with directions and suggestions to places.
- Cheyanne was so nice and helpful while being really busy she multi tasked really well!
- Friendly, helpful staff. Pass to the Y. Coupon for the restaurant.
- Location was great for walking to shops and restaurants
One of our top picks in Newport.Opened in 1926, this historic Newport hotel is 5 minutes’ walk to Thames Street and is less than 1 miles from the Cliff Walk to the city’s historic mansions. There is an on-site spa.Guests staying at the Newport Viking Hotel can enjoy swimming in the indoor pool and exercising in the on-site fitness center. On-site dining at the One Bellevue restaurant is also available.A flat-screen cable TV and a snack basket are provided in every room at the Viking Hotel. These air-conditioned rooms also have an in-room safe.A variety of relaxing treatments are available at the SpaFjor.Easton’s Beach is 6 minutes’ drive from the hotel and the marina is 10 minutes’ walk away. Fort Adams State Park is 3 miles from the property.
- Very clean lobby with a exceptionally nice staff very accommodating to your needs.
- Each and every staff member was very helpful and went out of their way to assist us. The room was very clean and comfortable.
- Good location. Nice pool. Comfortable bed and bedding. Looks good overall, but…
- The Valet service was awesome , fast and friendly . Amanda at the front desk was helpful .
- Rooms were very comfortable and staff was more than pleasant. Bar and food were most excellent and the cozy lobby fireplace was great for conversation and relaxing after a long day of exploring Newport.
Yankee Peddler Inn
Located in Newport, 0.4 miles from International Tennis Hall of Fame, Yankee Peddler Inn features free WiFi access and free private parking.Each room at this inn is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV. Certain units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is T.F. Green Airport, 17 miles from Yankee Peddler Inn.
- Lovely, cozy inn. The location was excellent. Walking distance to harbor and shopping. The staff was more than accommodating. They immediately changed our room to the first level when we told them we could not navigate all the stairs. Let them know ahead of time if you have limitations. We celebrated our anniversary & they sent wine & chocolates to our room. Will definitely return.
- We specifically picked this inn for its old authentic New England charm for our European friends, and that is exactly what it had. Though an old period home it was clean with spotless bathrooms and great beds and pillows. The staff was out going, informative and fun. And the breakfast was awesome with fresh baked croissants coming out of the oven. The only thing I miscalculated was we had a room on the third floor, and the stairs were a bit challenging for my 88 year old mom…but she and the friends still loved the place.
Quaint inn with great facilities.
Exceptional service by reception staff. Lady booked tour for me on a sailboat at short notice and then followed up to make sure I arrived ok.
Outdoor patio area located on the 2nd floor was great for relaxing. Inn is well located for walking to the shops and restaurants on the harbour.
- Great location – about a mile away from Cliff Walk and 10 minutes walk in to town. Quaint hotel, full of history
Motel 6 Newport Rhode Island
Located close to Memorial Park, this Newport motel features Wi-Fi and rooms with a sitting area. The Newport Marina is 2 miles away.Cable TV and a work desk are available in each brightly colored room at Newport Rhode Island Motel 6. A private bathroom is also included.A 24-hour front desk is provided for guests along with fax and photocopying services. Morning coffee is also provided.Motel 6 Newport Rhode Island is 1 miles from the US Naval War College. Salve Regina University is a 10-minute drive away.
- everything was o.k. except they forgot to make the bed
- Manager, Wendy, was polite and professional, a great benefit to your company. John, a sales associate, was very helpful, as well.
I arrived on site. It appears Booking reserved a smoking room. Yikes Before I could respond. Mr JOHN asked if I had any ailment that would classify me for an upgrade to NonSmoking. I do have Asthma so he took care of this right away and transferred me to NonSmoking
Due to disability I needed assistance opening door. Mr J helped w that upon entering Mr J found the toilet nonstop flushing he remedied that and he helped me wvWiFi
- Beds were very comfortable. Price of the stay was perfect.
- The bed and pillows comfortable. Surprisingly Quiet location even though right off highway. Liked how home goods tjmaxx mall next door. No coffee in room but that’s o.k. That coffee usually is terrible anyway. Dunkin Dounuts close by. Liked how rooms have wood like flooring that makes sense for sanitation reasons.
This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. Jailhouse Inn offers accommodations in Newport. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV. All rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is T.F. Green Airport, 17 miles from Jailhouse Inn.
- Staff went out of their way to be friendly and offer tips on restaurants and places to walk to. When we checked in there was a slight snafu with our rooms (we had wanted to be close together) but that was quickly remedied and they were very gracious. Breakfast was fine – really appreciated the cookies in the afternoon and having coffee/tea available all day. Planning on returning soon!
The place definitely has character! The theme was quite interesting, and I laughed once I saw the info card greeting “inn-mate”.
I loved the porridge in the breakfast. It was quite nice. The deco in the dining area was lovely and homey.
- All of the little details that made the stay so special! It is a unique building with a lot of history and the owners really ran with the jailhouse theme. Everything was so thoughtful and very hospitable. And, the location could not have been better. Walkable to everything Newport has to offer!
- Bottled water each day. Bed & linens. Loved them. Oatmeal brown sugar & nuts & dried cherries yum!
- Friendly staff. Good size room and comfortable beds. The location was in the town and perfect for walking around.
Newport Bay Club and Hotel
One of our best sellers in Newport! This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, Newport Bay Club and Hotel offers accommodations in Newport, just 1,950 feet from International Tennis Hall of Fame. Private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a TV and DVD player. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is business center at the property.T.F. Green Airport is 17 miles away.
- Vary spacious one bedroom suite with all the accoutrements.
- Location is perfect as so many places to eat in walking distance. Free parking is great. Room was huge, clean and comfortable.
- Overall the facilities and location were excellent. We only had one issue that effected our overall rating.
- Loved it all! Def recommend it to others. Perfect location and room with the balcony was exquisite! Thank you very much!
- Great location, many great restaurants and shops within walking distance. The room was wonderful.
Offering a luxury spa and an indoor pool, Newport Marriott is located 2 miles from Easton Beach in historic Newport, Rhode Island. Wi-Fi access is available.Each room here includes a 55″ flat-screen TV, coffee/tea-making facilities and a small refrigerator. Private bathrooms come with a bathtub or shower and a hairdryer.At Newport Marriott there is a 24-hour front desk, a fitness center and a terrace with a water view.The hotel is just under 1 miles from the International Tennis Hall of Fame, 2.2 miles from Newport Mansions and 2.3 miles from Cliff Walk. T.F. Green Airport is just a 30-minute drive from the hotel. Boston is 72 miles away.
- Excellent! The hotel is spectacular looking! From the parking attendant to the restaurant the service was impeccable. We were greeted at the front desk with warm, friendly people . The room was very comfortable. The decor was so on pointe. The nautical team was carried thru all over even in the bathroom. Loved the water fall w the swings. It was more than I expected, The food was fantastic!! We opted to eat in because of bad weather, what a great surprise. The price was reasonable too. I will definitely be back!! Thank you.
- Clean, comfortable room. Pleasant staff. Used health club facilities daily. New equipment. Super clean. Best location in Newport.
- the beds are very comfortable , every one is very pleasant and willing to help with anything and everything
- The bed was comfortable and the balcony was a nice seating area.
- Everything was wonderful!! Sooo relaxing even on family vacation week.
Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina
One of our top picks in Newport.Showcasing a seasonal outdoor pool and views of the sea, Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina is located in Newport in the region of Rhode Island, just 1.2 miles from International Tennis Hall of Fame. The hotel has a fitness center and indoor pool, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and private parking is available on site.Every room is equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a hairdresser’s at the property.The hotel also provides free use of bicycles. T.F. Green Airport is 17 miles away.
- Great location, a nice hotel with a very good vibe.
- Location location location. Great views and a short walk into town.
- The entire staff was excellent! Very helpful and accommodating! Anything we needed, they were there to help! Thank you for a great stay!
- I liked the location of the hotel on Goat Island. We had views of the water. The hotel had modern touches in the lobby, bar and restaurant. The room we had was spacious with a clean and modern shower.
- Beautiful location, helpful staff, good value in the off season
Top Hotels In Newport Rhode Island Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Newport Rhode Island to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Newport Rhode Island but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Newport Rhode Island. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!