10 Best Hotels To Stay In Muskiz Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Muskiz Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Muskiz Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Muskiz Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Muskiz Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Muskiz Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Muskiz Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Muskiz Basque Country:
Hotel Palacio Muñatones
This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. This hotel is a former palatial home dating back to the 18th century, located close to Arena Beach and 20 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. Hotel Palacio Muñatones is located in the San Julian de Musques neighborhood.This hotel has been restored from a former manor building featuring an elegant, historical façade. It has exterior-facing rooms and is the ideal location for a relaxing holiday or business trip.Located near the motorway, this hotel is an ideal base from which to explore the Vizcaya region and Eastern Cantabria.
- The location was ideal for the ferry, the staff were very friendly and helpful evening snacks and breakfast very good secure on site free parking and good value for money lovely old building
- Fantastic property! Very clean, very quiet, and secure parking for my car. Staff were very friendly and kind. I would definitely stay here again! For dinner I would recommend the delicious jamon and local wine.
- Parking on site, close to ferry port, a lovely boutique hotel very freindly
- Very comfortable accommodation and friendly and helpful staff.
- The location was excellent for catching the Ferry to UK and the breakfast was good.
Hotel Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz
This rural hotel is a converted 18th-century house, set beside the Barbadún River, in Muskiz. It is 2.5 mi from La Arena Beach and offers free parking and free Wi-Fi.All heated rooms at the Palmeras Muskiz have a flat-screen satellite TV and tiled floors. The private bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer.Hotel Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz has a café-bar. There is also a garden terrace, where guests can enjoy the scenery.The hotel has a tour desk, and is centrally located beside Muskiz Town Hall and church. There is easy access to the A-8 Motorway and Bilbao is 14 mi away.
- It was quiet with a bar downstairs. Helpful staff.
- Close to ferry terminal, good (public) parking across the road, excellent walking path to beach (ca. 2miles)
Lovely place on edge of village.
View of church from balcony
Good terrace for drinks.
Most enjoyable and only 15 mins from ferry
- The owner was brilliant. Even his Mum waved us off in the morning. Best evening we’d had, true Basque Spanish. Even had me behind the bar serving!
- We used this Hotel as a stop over for one night, to make sure we were close to Bilbao for the Ferry the following morning. The Hotel was clean, tidy, quiet. An ideal stopping place. It’s a bit out of town for a tourist destination, so I would not use it for that. The owner was helpful and enthusiastic. We had eaten earlier, so did not have a meal in the evening, which did not seem to be available anyway, although there is a restaurant next door, which we would have used.
Set in beautiful countryside, outside the town of Muskiz, this hotel is 5 kms from Arena Beach. The rustic Hotel Muskiz offers rooms with satellite TV and free Wi-Fi.Just a 20-minute drive from Bilbao, Muskiz Hotel is on the border between the Basque Country and Cantabria. There is easy access from the A-8 Motorway and free parking is available on-site.Rooms at the Muskiz have heating and are decorated in traditional style. The private bathrooms are equipped with a bath and hairdryer.The hotel has a coffee bar. There is a restaurant 150 feet from the hotel.
- Very friendly stuff, very clean, but a bit tired. Decent location to the ferry.
- Very good location for getting to the Ferry port in Bilbao
This is a fairly basic hotel with good parking and an easy trip to the ferry, the breakfast is limited but good value the only member of staff I saw was very friendly and helpful.
Apart from the nearby brothel there is little entertainment in the area other than a Spanish Bar which does have an excellent menu of the day from 8.30 pm.
The WiFi worked well.
- Excellent staff, our ferry was delayed but a quick e mail to the hotel and everything was fine to check in much later.. stayed here before nice and easy 1 stop off the ferry. Easy access to main roads would stay here again.. Fab G&Ts too
- We have stayed here 4 times now and are welcomed as old friends. It is ideal in its situation within 5 miles of the ferry port to Portsmouth.The continental breakfast did have very flaky croissants and was as one would expect. Great value.
Hotel El Haya
This property is a 18-minute walk from the beach. Set in the countryside, on the border between Cantabria and the Baque Country, this hotel offers easy access from the A-8 Motorway, a 24-hour front desk and free Wi-Fi throughout.Hotel El Haya features heated rooms with TV and a fully equipped bathroom.The restaurant serves a variety of traditional dishes of the area, pintxos and sandwiches.Castro Urdiales is 10 minutes’ drive from Hotel El Haya. Bilbao is 17 mi away while Santander is approximately 40 minutes’ drive of the hotel.
- Great location for ferry port the next morning… Clean basic rooms. Friendly staff.
- If you are looking for a hotel for the night before the morning ferry from Bilbao to Portsmouth, this is ideal….only 20 minutes away. Staff friendly – not much English but they are very helpful. Rooms are good size, bathrooms properly equipped. Lively bar, great value evening meal – €12 included on this occasion perfectly-grilled scorpion fish!
- Perfect for a 1-night stay. Great location, close to major roads, but excellent sound proofing. Ready access to restaurant and cafe. The menu of the day for the evening meal was fantastic value. The staff were super courteous and friendly. Check-in and check-out were easy. Some lovely timber work in the decor.
- The location for Bilbao ferry port is excellent. Just 15 minutes drive away.
- friendly, clean and quiet rooms. We were seven and could find only very expensive rooms in Bilbao: from the hotel and finaly at the busstation we could get the informations to reach the hotel by bus and we could come and go back to Bilbao by bus or by train with taxi to the trainstation.
URH Palacio de Oriol
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Located in Santurce, a 10-minute walk from its train station, URH Palacio de Oriol offers soundproofed rooms with air conditioning, heating, and free WiFi.The rooms are equipped with satellite TV, small fridge, and safety deposit box. The private bathroom comes with a bath or a shower. Hairdryer and toiletries are provided.The property’s restaurant specializes in traditional Basque cuisine. It also serves a varied buffet breakfast, including a selection of pastries, cold cuts, fruit, and cereal.The hotel also offers meeting and banquet facilities, as well as laundry services. Private parking is possible for a surcharge.Bilbao can be reached in 15 minutes by car.
- Excellent location in my case with business in port
Nice, clean rooms. Location near train station and metro station (Penota). Nice area and within 20 minutes in Bilbao.
Friendly staff at the desk. Breakfast good.
- Great location for the ferry port only 10 minutes away. Next to a metro and only 25 minutes to the Guggenheim. Room had a terrace overlooking the river. Excellent gluten free bread. Secure parking
Beds were comfortable and room &hotel cleaning was perfect. Breakfast are also good.
I liked 80th age interior, like in the movies.
This is a lovely hotel, clean and tidy with pleasant helpful staff and a friendly manager.
It was tricky to access but the underground locked parking was a good facility- there is a fee for this but we felt well worth it. Very handy for ferry to Uk which was the main reason for staying there, the little town is pretty and the views from the hotel across the river are great.
The hotel allows dogs ( not in public rooms) and there is a little park right outside the hotel.
The evening meal and breakfast were both really good value and I appreciated the provision of gluten free bread at both meals.
I think this would be a good hotel to explore the area.
Hotel San Jorge
Hotel San Jorge is located in the Basque town of Santurtzi, at the mouth of the Nervión River. It offers free Wi-Fi and rooms with a flat-screen TV.All rooms at the San Jorge feature carpeted floors and are equipped with central heating. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.The hotel serves buffet breakfast. Staff at the 24-hour reception can provide information about what to see and do in Santurtzi and the surrounding area.Bilbao, with its iconic Guggenheim Museum and Palacio Euskalduna, is just 15 minutes’ drive away. Kabiezes Metro Station and a bus stop are just outside the property, connecting guests to Bilbao.
- very friendly stuff, very close to the terminal metro station.
- The staff were superb and the location for the ferry very good.
- A central hotel in the outskirts of Bilbao. Hotel had secure under ground parking. Breakfast was totally adequate and included in the price.
- The main reason we booked here was because of the Location. It was next to the metro so straight in to Bilbao, I liked this because my wife cannot walk very far. So location perfect. Also perfect for the ferry. probably 5 – 10 minutes.
- Good location near the centre of the upper part of town. A 10 minute walk down a steep hill takes you to the lower part of town where most restaurants are located.
Located just off the N-634 highway, Hotel Ortuella is a 5-minute drive from Bilbao Exhibition Center and a 10-minute drive from central Bilbao. This stylish hotel offers free Wi-Fi in all areas.The air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Ortuella feature a contemporary design, with neutral tones and smart wooden floors. Each room offers a TV, a telephone and a private bathroom.Hotel Ortuella serves a basic daily breakfast of a pastry, orange juice and a coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Restaurants and bars can also be found 2,650 feet away in the town of Trapagaran.Urioste Train Station is just a 5-minute walk from the hotel. Meaztegi Golf Course is 1.9 mi away, while the nearest beaches are around 6.2 mi.
Proximity to port
Secure car park
Met expectation of a no frills hotel
- Reception staff efficient and friendly, check-in was a breeze. If you want a hotel in the middle of things this is not the hotel for you, but good rail link into the centre. Rooms simple and clean and air con worked well. Breakfast is available and priced reasonably on what you have, but choice is limited.
- Clean and comfortable with off street parking and well placed for the Bilbao ferry terminal.
- Modern small hotel. Secure car park and very near the port for onward travel to Portsmouth. Not much in the local area so ideal for an overnight stop. Nice and quiet.
- The proximity to the ferry port,friendly staff,comfy bed and warm room.The Hotel also had a restaurant where the staff were friendly and helpful.
Agua Viva Hostería & Spa Castro
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Agua Viva H. & Spa Castro has been elegantly constructed with wood to respect its surrounding environment. It is located in Mioño, 1.9 mi from Castro Urdiales and 19 mi from Bilbao.The spa at Agua Viva has a swimming pool, hammam and relaxation area with music therapy. There are also many therapeutic and beauty treatments available.The property and its rooms have been furnished in an Indonesian style providing a relaxing atmosphere for guests.A garden terrace provides an area for guests to barbecue and the bar-restaurant looks out over the pool.The BEC Convention Center is just 20 minutes away by car. Santander can be reached in 50 minutes’ drive.
- The breakfast was good and the coffee was fantastic!
A very pleasant atmosphere. I had excellent therapeutic massage from Senor Manuel and chatted in English to D. Belen, the owner and a fellow English teacher. The room was warm and comfortable and the breakfast delicious. The surrounding area is residential and quiet – and totally safe to leave a packed car in.
I shall certainly stay there again when I am next flitting between Portugal and Scotland.
- Rooms in a house in a quiet neighbourhood. Castro is a lovely town to visit
- Nice location. Out of town but within sight of the town.
- Great value for money short walk ten minutes to beach x
Located in Zierbena, just 5 minutes’ drive from Bilbao Port and the Bilbao-Portsmouth ferry connection, Hotel Kaiao offers pretty, heated rooms, a restaurant and a guest lounge.Rooms are decorated in pastel colors and with floral prints. Each one has a private bathroom and a TV, and one of the rooms is adapted for guests with reduced mobility. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.Hotel Kaia’s á la carte restaurant serves Basque cuisine and the bar serves Basque pintxos. There is also a wine menu available.Central Bilbao and Bilbao Airport are both a 20-minute drive from the hotel, while the Bilbao Exhibition Center in Barakaldo is 15 minutes’ drive away.
- Its near the Ferry terminal in a very quiet little village. The village itself is picturesque.
- The location was the only good thing about this so called hotel
- Twenty minute walk from Brittany ferry terminal And nice quiet harbour village
- A recently decorated, clean room, good for a single night before catching the ferry from Bilbao.
After a long day travelling, the bath was very welcome. The bathroom was very nicely decorated, warm and welcoming. The bedroom was comfortable enough for an over night stay.
The hotel itself was very clean
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. A refurbished 19th century historical building, located just below the Biscay’s Bridge, considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel offers views of Bilbao’s Estuary, the sea and Bilbao’s Puente Colgante Bridge.The Hotel is well connected and located next to the residential area of Getxo. The train is a 4-minute walk from the hotel and the metro is just 10 minutes’ walk away and takes you to Bilbao center in 15 minutes. The harbor is located 1.2 mi away, the Convention Center is 3.7 mi away and the airport is 7.5 mi away.
- Everything. Pet friendly. Good breakfast. Nice room. Excellent location
- The location is awesome, , the bar and the restaurant downstairs are also good, and the staff was lovely, we asked for an extra bed in the room and we had no problem.
- I usually don’t sleep well in hotels but this was one of the two best experiences I’ve ever had! The location is just awesome – especially the view from the balcony at the river. I wished I could have stayed longer.
- A beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. Literally ten mins from the port so perfect to stay over before an early sailing back to the UK. For anybody with a motorbike they have an underground garage so you can sleep with peace of mind your bikes safe. Beds are really comfortable and we had a room with a balcony overlooking the river. Really lovely to sit and relax. We will definately be returning. 😊
Room was very nice, clean with plenty of space, bathroom was roomy too
We had a great view of the bridge
Top Hotels In Muskiz Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Muskiz Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Muskiz Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Muskiz Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!