10 Best Hotels To Stay In Monroy Extremadura – Top Hotel Reviews
Monroy Extremadura is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Monroy Extremadura. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Monroy Extremadura. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Monroy Extremadura. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Monroy Extremadura right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Monroy Extremadura with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Monroy Extremadura:
Hospederia Parque de Monfragüe
Hospederia Parque de Monfragüe is set in the heart of Extremadura, between the historic cities of Plasencia, Trujillo and Cáceres. It has an outdoor swimming pool, a free Wi-Fi zone and free public parking.Hospedería Monfragüe is built in wood, slate and concrete and decorated with paintings by local artists. The spacious, air-conditioned rooms include a computer, flat-screen TV, mini-bar and hairdryer.The hotel has a restaurant, and a bar with terrace. There is also a garden, a lounge with a fireplace, and a paddle tennis area. You can find a gym at the property.The hotel offers views of Monfragüe National Park. On request, staff at reception can arrange guided hikes or 4×4 excursions around the park. The regional capital of Cáceres is 31 mi away.
- We travelled with our dog and the room was clean, even under the bed. They were thoughtful enough to include a bed, bowl, a pack of dog wipes and a toy in the room, which were a pleasant surprise.
- The staff were very helpful telling us about the local attractions. The location was perfect for exploring the beautiful Parque de Monfrague. We enjoyed the pool and other amenities. The breakfast was very good.
- In the middle of nowhere -perfect for a quiet couple of days. Road out to palencia stunning. By lake eagles nesting fabulous for taking pictures.
- Great location in the national park for bird watching as well as star gazing. Pet friendly hotel . Good breakfast.
Fantastic value in the restaurant. Most imaginative menu. Breakfast has everything and perfectly presented. Spacious well equipped room but metal balcony rather a bleak outlook.
Shower was faulty but not a big deal.
Brilliant easy parking and the warmest of welcomes. Staff utterly obliging.
Barceló Cáceres V Centenario
Located in a quiet and pretty residential area of Cáceres, this elegant hotel offers free Wi-Fi and chic rooms. The outdoor pool is set within gardens.Barceló Cáceres V Centenario features spacious rooms with light wooden floors and modern furnishings. They include air conditioning and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast in the Restaurante Las Americas. The Florencia Restaurant serves innovative Extremaduran food, specialising in patés and Iberian meats. Tapas are available in the Galeón Snack Bar, and during summer months guests can enjoy grilled meat in the Barbacoa Restaurant.Other facilities include a free motorbike parking.Cáceres Train Station is 15 minutes’ walk from Barceló Cáceres V Centenario, with direct services to Madrid, Lisbon and Seville. Cáceres’ beautiful Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A wonderful hotel with fabulous amenities. A fantastic stop on the way to Burgos!
Room was good.
- Excellent modern hotel with extensive facilities. Enjoying a meal poolside was very pleasant.
Fantastic modern top class hotel in great location with friendly staff and good facilities with great pool.
Thanks for the upgrade!
- The whole Hotel is recently refurbished so it was very good. The bathroom and bedroom were very good. We could see the swimming pool from our room but didn’t use it as it was only an overnight stay, but it looked really good.
Hotel Alfonso IX
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Alfonso IX offers pet-friendly accommodations in Cáceres, 350 feet from San Juan Church. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room has a private bathroom equipped with a bath. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Plaza Mayor Caceres is 650 feet from Hotel Alfonso IX, while Santa María Church-Procathedral is 1,000 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Talavera La Real Air Base Airport, 47 mi from Hotel Alfonso IX.
Staff is super nice and the property is very well located in the city centre.
Everything is clean despite being a bit old but well preserved.
It’s good for a short stay and to discover Cáceres. Also, trust the staff about tours, etc. They have very good recommendations 🙂
The room was huge, very clean and convenient.
Bathroom was great, modern, and with toiletries.
The location is great, you are a few meters from various restaurants, bars…And then the impressive grand place which is absolutely amazing!
- Great location, welcoming and helpful staff, accommodation and breakfast good value.
- Very helpful staffs, especially Alberto. Good location and clean room.
- Helpful staff and close to the main square and old town
- Staff is super nice and the property is very well located in the city centre.
NH Collection Cáceres Palacio de Oquendo
This beautiful converted 16th-century palace is located in the historic center of Cáceres, next to the city’s ancient Roman and Arab walls. It offers smart, air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and free access to the Fitness Room.The spacious, modern rooms at the NH Collection Cáceres Palacio de Oquendo include a 48-inch TV, a coffee machine, kettle with free teas, and a selection of pillows. The bathroom comes with a rain-effect shower and a professional hairdryer.Boasting a terrace in San Juan Square, the hotel’s restaurant serves traditional local tapas and classic Spanish dishes, as well as international food. Located in the former stables, the bar offers views of the square.Cáceres’ old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and San Juan Church is just 350 feet away from the hotel. The city’s bullring is 10 minutes’ walk away.
- Great location, attentive and helpful staff, very comfortable bed and pillows
- Very stylish well appointed hotel. Excellent comfort and facilities. Right in centre of beautiful old town.
- Lovely room, excellent location for exploring the old town of Caceres.
- Great location, lovely building, really friendly and helpful staff.
A really great hotel very centrally placed. Lots of space inside with full a/c.
Very good sized bedrooms with large comfy beds.
Very good breakfast. A totally good experience.
Hotel Iberia Plaza Mayor
Hotel Iberia Plaza Mayor is a 19th-century palace building located in Cáceres’s main square. It offers a mix of classic design and modern décor and free WiFi in public areas.All of the rooms at Iberia Plaza Mayor feature air conditioning, TV and a modern bathroom with hairdryer. Many have a hydromassage shower. Some rooms feature views over Cáceres’s old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The access to the property is done by stairs.Buffet breakfast is served at the Iberia Plaza Mayor Hotel, while the 24-hour front desk can arrange guided tours of the city and book tickets for the El Aljibe Arab Baths.The Iberia Plaza offers special rates for guests at the Obispo Galarza car park, located 350 feet away.
- Wonderful older style hotel. Very nice breakfast included
- Very basic room. Breakfast was good and location was just outside the historic center.
- Nice position in the centre of town near restaurants and shops.
Location, breakfast and personal..
I like everything.
- The hotel is a great value, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the decor is lovely antique/period style. The location right in the Plaza Mayor is super beautiful and convenient for exploring Caceres. Our room was large and had three balconies, two overlooking the plaza. It was totally perfect for our night in Caceres for the Sant Jorge festival, which is in the Plaza Mayor. Breakfast was fine, considering that it is included in the room cost, but if you have any dietary restrictions (gluten, dairy, etc) you’ll probably have to get breakfast elsewhere.
Hotel Iberia Plaza América
Hotel Iberia Plaza América is a 10-minute walk from Cáceres Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This modern hotel offers air-conditioned rooms with a private bathroom.The Iberia Plaza America is just 1,000 feet from Principal Park, in a quiet area of the city. The historic center includes Medieval buildings and Moorish towers, surrounded by the old city walls.Caceres Bus and Train Stations are within a 20-minute walk of the hotel. There are direct services to Badajoz, Seville, Lisbon and Madrid.Hotel Iberia has a pleasant garden with a covered seating area where events can be held. There is also a comfortable TV lounge. Staff at the hotel’s 24-hour reception are happy to provide visitor information.
- The man on the front desk was really helpfull, we had a car with a roofbox which was really tight at 1.95m and with the slope it was touch and go but he guided us down and then checked us in, really happy and helpfull gave us advice and information about the town Thank You
- Very clean; hotel very caring and have all the required maps for the customers; a variety of choices for breakfast
- Great location 15-20 mins walk to the old town. Easy to find with secure parking under the hotel with lifts to reception and our room. Room was a good size and bed was comfortable.
- Good value hotel within walking distance of old town. Private parking too. Price included nice breakfast.
- Staff were first class,helpful in every way,secure parking and a good location for the main roads.
Hotel Carvajal is located in Torrejón el Rubio, just outside Extremadura’s Monfragüe National Park. Owned by farmers, the hotel’s restaurant serves home-reared meat and homegrown vegetables.The air-conditioned rooms at the Carvajal feature free Wi-Fi and a TV. Each one has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The surrounding countryside is popular for hiking and horse riding.Plasencia is 45 minutes’ drive from Torrejón el Rubio. The hotel is just under an hour’s drive from Cáceres, whose beautiful town center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The reception was very friendly， restaurant was great， the room was clean and comfortable and plenty of parking
- Basic but very friendly hotel with everything we needed. Great location for Monfrague national park
- The shower was ok, wifi worked intermittently and slow. An English menu was available but no one can speak English so just point your finger, unless you can speak Spanish of course. I used a translator on my iPad.
- Friendly staff. Bar downstairs which catered for locals too. Convenient parking & on main road. A good centre for visiting the Monfrague nature park with its wonderful birdlife.
- Está en un pueblo muy agradable, junto a Monfragüe. El personal es muy amable, y eso se agradece. ¡Repetiremos!
Albergue Turistico Ruta de la Plata Casar
Featuring free Wi-Fi, air conditioning and flat-screen TV, Albergue Turistico Ruta de la Plata Casar is located in Casar de Cáceres.The hotel offers heated double/twin rooms, including some rooms equipped for guests with reduced mobility. Rooms feature a flat-screen TV, heating/air conditioning and desk. Private bathrooms are equipped with showers and come with free toiletries and towels.At Albergue Turistico Ruta de la Plata Casar you will find a 24-hour front desk, a terrace and a snack bar. A breakfast service is available for guests, and other facilities offered include a tour desk and free parking.Within 650 feet from Albergue Turistico Ruta de la Plata Casar you will find a restaurant, café-bar and supermarket. Norba Golf Club is 13 mi away and the hotel is just 1,300 feet from Laguna del Casar Lake.
- This is a comfortable small hostel/albergue. But although a very comfortable place for a one night stay it was UTTERLY devoid of any character. A bit like sleeping in a small private hospital room!
- In a quiet little village easy to find in 2 minutes after coming off the main road
- Interesting modern building, three staying, very good for the price. The hospitalero was very helpful, attentive and entertaining. Would definitely stay again if in area.
- Lovely friendly staff, great location on the edge of a charming little town, perfect stop over when traveling the Autovia de la Plata, modern design yet no frills hostel. Liked it would stay again
The room was really basic and staff did not really care about guests , no
safety in mind and no one around at night . No emergency contact number should you have a problem and no one around at 8 am so no breakfast as it states. No lights on staircase which is your means of escape ,Will
I go back again , definitely not !
This good-value hotel offers free Wi-Fi access in public areas and free private parking on site. Each spacious room at AHC has a plasma TV, a mini-bar and air conditioning.The AHC Hotel is set just outside central Cáceres, near the University of Extremadura. The historic center of city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A58 road passes nearby, and connects with the major A5 motorway to Madrid.The hotel has an à la carte restaurant and a self-service café, selling drinks and snacks.The AHC offers a terrace and a sports pitch, suitable for football, or basketball. There is a 24-hour reception and a TV lounge.Please note the restaurant is located in a separate building adjacent to the hotel.Please note that the hotel is officially adapted for guests with reduced mobility and there are 3 adapted rooms available upon request.
A simple, yet comfortable, clean and ample hotel. Perfect for a good night’s sleep.
The breakfast was surprisingly good, including hot scrambled eggs (the best I’ve tasted in a hotel!)
Good price. Great value
- Very friendly staff and a nice size room with comfortable beds and a good shower, excellent breakfast I made a pig of myself with two bacon rolls great value for the price with free parking.
- The breakfast buffet is amazing! It is really a good value for money with a vast variety.
- Nice big room with fridge/cooler. Convenient location on the edge of Caceres with free parking.
- Everything just right for what we wanted, my partner was in the nearby hospital and I could stay there, lots of parking, big room, comfortable, airconditioning good.
- A simple, yet comfortable, clean and ample hotel. Perfect for a good night’s sleep.
Each of the rooms at the Hotel Extremadura have a modern design and free WiFi. It features a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, and is located in the heart of Cáceres and next to Principe Park.Full heating and air conditioning, satellite TV and a work desk can be found in rooms at Hotel Extremadura . All come with a large, private bathroom with a bath.The on-site restaurant, Orellana, serves local cuisine and homemade desserts. The hotel also has a cafeteria and a breakfast room. Other services facilities available include an electric vehicle charging station.The historic center of Cáceres is within 15 minutes’ walk of the Hotel Extremadura. Guests can also visit the nearby town of Trujillo.
- Great pool like a bath temperature wise & very safe with a guatd
- The staff were very very helpful. We asked about places to visit and were given first class info that took us off in a direction we hadn’t intended. They had very good local knowledge and passed it to us. The breakfasts were also first class, with much to choose from. My wife can only eat gluten free, and she was tended to in a friendly professional manner.
- Comfortable bed, adequate size bedroom. Secure parking. Restaurant was clean relaxing,staff welcoming.
- This is a comfortable place, with very easy parking on the basement, not far from the old town, and at a very reasonable price. We were told that its restaurant is good. In any case, there is a good restaurant just opposite the hotel.
Proximity to city centre. It is less than 10 min walk.
Outdoor swimming pool is a must during summer in Caceres.
Top Hotels In Monroy Extremadura Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Monroy Extremadura to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Monroy Extremadura but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Monroy Extremadura. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!