10 Best Hotels To Stay In Moldes Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
Moldes Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Moldes Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Moldes Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Moldes Castile and Leon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Moldes Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Moldes Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Moldes Castile And Leon:
Las Rocas features free WiFi and views of mountain in Vega de Valcarce. Offering a restaurant, the property also features a terrace. Every room is equipped with a balcony with lake views.Guest rooms in the hotel are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Las Rocas has some rooms with river views, and every room has a private bathroom.Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around Vega de Valcarce, like cycling.Ponferrada is 20 miles from Las Rocas, while Manzaneda is 29 miles away.
- Excellent Caldo Galego and steak. Clear stream under our balcony was great to dip the tired feet in.
- Nice quiet and comfortable place to stay if walking the Camino France’s. Excellent dinner in their restaurant across the street
- Great little hostal with restaurant and bar directly across the road. Dinner was excellent and value for money. Friendly proprietors and the male partner makes fantastic gin & tonics. Room small but cosy with a great balcony looking directly over the river below.
- They fixed the WiFi connection because I reported it was not working.
- The great view and sound of the little river right outside, and the little balcony in front of the room to enjoy it all.
El Capricho de Josana
The Capricho de Josana is located in Herrerías de Valcarce, on the Santiago Pilgrimage Route. There is free Wi-Fi and all rooms have private bathrooms.The heated rooms in El Capricho de Josana feature stone walls and flat-screen TVs with cable channels.The restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, specializing in dishes from the Castile and León region. In warm weather there is also a terrace, as well as large gardens.Set by the Valcarce River, El Capricho is located at the foot of O Cebreiro Mountain, just 1.9 mi from the Galician border.
- Wonderful hosts/excellent food/charming room/very clean
- Amazing dinner on the patio looking out over the mountains. The homemade chocolate cake was amazinf!
- I loved everything about this property! The location was right on tbe Camino. The room was clean snd the bed so comfortable. The food was outstanding and the service was superb!
- The staff was very welcoming and accommodating. Dinner was excellent.
- The hosts were absolutely lovely. Wanted us to have an excellent experience. The food was so delicious, the portions, generous. The ensalada with warm goat cheese was the best on the Camino!
Located in the village of Ambasmestas, CTR Ambasmetas offers free Wi-Fi, free private parking and a traditional restaurant. It is just a 2-minute drive from Junction 420 of the A-6 Motorway.The charming rooms at CTR Ambasmestas have large windows and are decorated in warm colors. Each room includes a flat-screen TV, a telephone and a private bathroom with a shower.The CTR has a café and a lounge with an open fireplace. The restaurant serves authentic Galician cuisine, including local rice, meat and fish dishes made with produce from the El Bierzo region.CTR Ambasmestas is just a 25-minute drive from the stunning landscape of Las Médulas, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lugo is 47 mi away, while León is 87 mi away.
- The hotel is lovely. It is right on the Camino. It has a nice bar and lounge. The staff are nice. My room was larger than I expected. It was nicely decorated. The bathroom was also a good size. The hotel has charm and character. I found it to be a lovely, warm and welcoming place to stay. In my opinion it is excellent value for money.
- The room was excelent, with great terrace and very friendly service.
- We were walking on the Camino de Santiago and this hotel was right on the route. It was a bit dearer than we usually pay, but there wasn’t much choice. It was quite a smart place. We noticed that other people had nice rooms with balconies, but ours didn’t. We had dinner included in the price and it was nicely served in the dining room, but the food was fairly ordinary.
- This place offered the best Pilgrim menu and food that we had on our entire Camino. We were all Pilgrims, but they treated us like we were in a 5 star restaurant. The postre of chocolate mousse with the chocolate sauce drizzle was the perfect ending to an exceptional meal. I’m glad all I had to do was go upstairs and flop on the bed at the end—I was full of chocolate and red wine, and very happy.
- Fantastic place. Incredible value for money. I am looking forward to going back soon. Great room, bed, bathroom, restaurant, living room….
Located on the Santiago Way, near Galicia, this hotel has bright and cheerful bedrooms with modern decor. Dine in the restaurant and cafe.Enjoy the great outdoors and easy access to the surrounding towns thanks to the Valcarce’s location. Located near the main roads through the region, you can easily explore the area and make the most out of your time in Spain.The Valcarce’s bedrooms have smart wooden floors and all feature a digital stereo and complete private bathroom.The hotel has easy access onto the A6 motorway making for opportune touring of the surrounding area.
- It had a bath and after walking all day in the Camino it was a gift. Large room and very quiet considering it was a truck stop. The meal in the restaurant was very good value and very good quality
- This was convenient given how far we wanted to hike that day.
- Restaurant foodles and staff were great. Bathroom was fine.
- Está muy bien ubicado junto a la autopista, ideal para hacer una parada si vas muy cansado de viaje. Todo muy limpio y buena atención.
- Chambre très bien aménagée. Double vitrage et heureusement car l’hôtel se trouve dans une station service pour poids lourds et il y a du bruit toute la nuit.
Located in the Balboa Valley, Ancares offers bright rooms with a flat-screen TV and wonderful views of the surrounding hills. Guests can use the free bicycles to explore the countryside.Rooms at Ancares have simple décor and wooden floors. All rooms have a small balcony, a mini-bar and a private bathroom.The hotel’s extensive gardens include a stream with wooden bridges. Guests can enjoy drinks and snacks in the café-bar.There is free on-site parking, and the A6 Motorway is only 3.1 mi away.
Ponferrada is 22 mi from the hotel, while Lugo is around 50 mi away. The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Las Médulas is a 45-minute drive away.
Beautiful place surrounded by huge gardens
Paradise for the pets
Very pleasant staff
Quiet place in superb landscape
Location perfect near motorway
- There actually were no restaurants nearby but that was not a problem as there is an incredible master chef on site.
- Delightful spot, easy to find. Comfortable room not very clean. Good evening meals apparently specially cooked for us. Breakfast average with dry toast and lukewarm coffee. Good place to chill out, we had a great walk on well signposted footpaths high above the hotel. Fantastic views. Very helpful staff.
- La ubicación en un entorno natural tranquilo y precioso, el personal muy atento, desayuno excelente y el alojamiento nos gustó a todos muchísimo.
- La ubicación del hotel es fabulosa para desconectar y disfrutar de la naturaleza y de los maravillosos pueblos que tan cercanos están. Temperatura idealmente fresquita en pleno agosto y el trato tan personalizado y tan amable de las doa personas que lo regentan. Repetiremos seguro estancia.
- Beautiful place surrounded by huge gardens
Hotel Rural Nova Ruta
Offering a restaurant serving homemade meals, Hotel Rural Nova Ruta is located in Trabadelo. Set by Valcarce River and located on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route, the guest house offers free Wi-Fi.With rustic-style, each room comes with a TV and private bathroom. Towels and bed linen are provided. There is a bar and restaurant serving local products available for guests, as well as a shared lounge.Surrounded by nature, Hotel Rural Nova Ruta is set in the ideal location for outdoor activities such as hiking and cycling. Villafranca del Bierzo is 5 minutes’ drive offering a variety of traditional Spanish restaurants.Ponferrada Train Station and the city center are 19 mi away. De los Ancares reserve is 10 minutes away by car. El Castillo de los Templarios and Las Medulas are 20 minutes away by car.
- Maria and her staff were wonderful and made us feel right at home. She even prepared a bacon and egg breakfast for us.
Comfortable room with little balcony over the river
- El trato del pesonal fue excelente. Viajábamos con dos niños y nos facilitaron todo mucho. La habitación muy limpia.
Auf den ersten Blick ein normales kleines Hotel. Auf den zweiten: ein großes wunderschönes Zimmer mit Blick auf den kleinen Fluss, dazu ein Luxus Badezimmer, davon können Pilger nur träumen! Personal Spitze und Abendessen sehr gut!
Besser gehts nicht.
La cucina di Maria è stata ottima, nonostante avessimo scelto il menù del Pellegrino, ci ha servito dei piatti molto buoni.
Bella la posizione
Featuring a bar, Casa Pazos is located in Piedrafita. Among the facilities of this property are a restaurant, free shuttle service and a tour desk, along with free WiFi.At the hotel, the rooms are equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Ponferrada is 25 miles from Casa Pazos, while Manzaneda is 31 miles away.
- Very clean room, friendly staff. There’s a restaurant next door where you can have a good lunch, dinner and breakfast (open at 7am).
- Great hotel. Bit of luxury while walking the Camino. A bit off the track but they were able to shuttle me back to the Camino at 7:30am the next morning. The restaurant is a separate business, the food was quite nice. I’m from Australia, I’m not sure why it says I’m from Spain ?
- the attention and kindness of staff and location of property.
- Obliging staff who gave me a lift back to the Camino next morning.
- Very welcoming at check-in. Spacious bathroom and great shower. Secure bike storage.
Parador de Villafranca del Bierzo
Parador Villafranca del Bierzo is less than 0.6 mi from the center of Villafranca del Bierzo, south of the Ancares Mountains. The hotel features 2 seasonal swimming pools, a terrace and restaurant.The modern rooms at Parador de Villafranca feature stylish décor with parquet floors. They come with flat-screen satellite TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Each one offers views of the garden, the terrace, the mountains or the town of Villafranca del Bierzo.The Villafranca’s restaurant serves traditional Spanish cuisine, specializing in local cured meats, cheeses and pastries, as well as rice with botillo, a Bierzo pork dish. Local quality wines are also on offer.The Villafranca has an outdoor and indoor pool, both open during summer months. Other hotel facilities include a bar and lounge.The Parador Villafranca del Bierzo is a 30-minute drive from the Galician border and from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Las Médulas. Activities in the Bierzo region include fishing, mountain biking and hiking.There is good motorway access from the hotel, and free parking is available on site.
- Helpful and cheerful staff. Great facilities and amazing location.
- Beauty clean luxurious and quiet. Very reasonable for a Paradore.
- We stayed at the Parador for 2 nights as a break from the Camino. Very comfortable and relaxing. Pool was lovely, breakfast was varied and excellent quality. Staff were very helpful.
- The swimming pool was great! The breakfast buffet was exceptional! Really beautiful, healthy, great variety & options to choose from.
- We had s great lunch in the restaurant. The waiter was so helpful. Loved the property
Plaza Mayor is set in the main square of the Medieval town of Villafranca de Bierzo, in the town center. It offers functional rooms with free WiFi and a flat-screen satellite TV.Each room at the Plaza Mayor Guest House features air conditioning, central heating and a safe. Rooms also have a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries; and some rooms have a balcony with city views.Guests can enjoy a varied buffet breakfast at the Plaza Mayor. There is also a snack bar and a shared TV lounge.Set next to the A6 Motorway, Plaza Mayor offers private parking for an extra charge. It is within a 30-minute drive of Ponferrada and the stunning landscape of Las Medulas, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including cycling and hiking.
- Comfortable room in a great location, and a fabulous breakfast.
- Nice hotel situated in heart of town ,large and quiet room
- Modern rooms in the center of town. Nice clean bathroom and decent size room. Staff very helpful. Located very close to the Camino. Nice town but had trouble finding fine dining.
- Lovely location with the breakfast room overlooking the town’s main square,
Location was excellent.
The room was a good size with a view overlooking the Plaza. The staff were extremely helpful.
Las Doñas del Portazgo
This charming 18th century mansion lies in the Medieval town of Villafranca del Bierzo, on the Camino de Santiago. Rooms feature free Wi-Fi and mini-bar, plasma-screen TV and a hydromassage shower.All of the elegant rooms at Las Doñas del Portazgo offer air conditioning, satellite TV, a mini-bar and a modern bathroom with amenities. Each has its own different interior design.Las Doñas del Portazgo’s restaurant serves local-style cuisine and a varied breakfast. Guests can relax with a massage or in the reading area.Las Doñas’s 24-hour reception can help organize visits to wine cellars in the local area. The El Bierzo region is also home to the Las Médulas Roman Gold Mine, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Easy walking distance to restaurants & sites. Situated along the Camino de Santiago. Staff was very helpful with restaurant suggestions and laundry.
- Doing Camino de Samtiago and hotel on the Camino. All staff friendly and helpful. Had trouble locating parking, husband has mobility issues, owner gave us her own spot! Very comfortable/quiet room with best pillows. Grateful for jet shower. Has elevator. Close to eateries. Would def stay again if in town. Stayed 2 nigjts.
- A lovely place to stay while walking the Camino – or just for a vacation.
- I enjoyed that we were staying in a rustic village in a updated rustic hotel. The hotel was comfortable and quaint. I loved the village and would stay at this hotel again.
- Rooms are nicely decorated, fresh linens, very helpful staff. Great AC on a very hot summer day helped us relax after a 30km hike from Molinsecas.
Top Hotels In Moldes Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Moldes Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Moldes Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Moldes Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!