10 Best Hotels To Stay In Mérida Ometepe – Top Hotel Reviews
Mérida Ometepe is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Mérida Ometepe. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mérida Ometepe. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mérida Ometepe. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Mérida Ometepe right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Mérida Ometepe with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Mérida Ometepe:
Hotel La Omaja
One of our top picks in Mérida – and a guest favorite.
Showcasing an outdoor pool and year-round outdoor pool, Hotel La Omaja is located in Mérida in the region of Ometepe, just 25 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms include views of the lake or garden. A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a tour desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides car rental. Altagracia is 9 miles from Hotel La Omaja, and San Jorge is 17 miles away.
- The front staff were so helpful and nice. They helped book all our excursions and arranged transport. I liked the tab system as we were travelling as 4 friends with seperaye bills it made it easier then fumbling with cash every time.
- The staff was very friendly and the location was amazing, saw the best sunsets!
- Very beautiful place with nice and friendly staff. My boyfriend celebrated his birthday here and they helped me with arranging a cake and a nice massage for him. You will also have a great sunset from the pool.
- The owner Jamie was absolutely amazing. He was so friendly and so helpful! at the end of our trip he drove us to the port and waited for us to make sure we got on okay. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and you can see the volcano from the pool. Loved it!!!
- Beautiful location and pool and dining/ bar area has most amazing views, especially at sunset. Perfect for chilling!
Caballito’s Mar is located in Mérida, just 25 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Altagracia is 8 miles from Caballito’s Mar, and San Jorge is 16 miles from the property.
We booked 3 nights in a private cabin at Caballitos but decided to stay one night extra because te place is amazing. It’s such a beautiful and quiet place. We watched the sunset everyday.
The owner Fernando and the people who work there are very nice and helpfull. Jusk ask, almost everything is possible.
Also the food is incredible and al the ingrediënts are fresh. Try the pescado asado! Breakfast is included and there is a lot of choice. You get a lot for what you pay.
It’s the perfect location to go to Cascada San Ramon, Volcano Maderas, Río Istían and many more. They are famous for their kayaktours, but also offer hikes to both volcanoes.
- The manager was excellent, very solicitous, helpful, genuine. Near to petroglyphs, and thr trail to the waterfall. Swim right in front. Only five rooms, restaurant service was quick. Family run, and friendly.
- We had a great stay. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. we also did the Kayak tour and my friend did horseback riding, organized by them. They also helped us renting some motorcycles. Everything was perfect!
- The room was near the water but you couldn’t really see the lake from the room
- To be fair this property was right on the beach and remote along a dirt road. However, there was garbage everywhere, no screen on the window, old plastic bags shoved into a case for a pillow and dirty rooms.
- We booked 3 nights in a private cabin at Caballitos but decided to stay one night extra because te place is amazing. It’s such a beautiful and quiet place. We watched the sunset everyday.
Hacienda Merida is located in Mérida, 25 miles from San Juan del Sur and 9 miles from Altagracia. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms feature views of the lake or garden. The rooms have a private bathroom.There is luggage storage space at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. San Jorge is 17 miles from Hacienda Merida, and Rivas is 19 miles from the property.
- Excellent value for the money. Paid only $33 yet got a private room with bathroom and the lake was just outside.
- Loved this place. The private room was right on the water with a very comfortable bed. Def rent kayaks at sunset and visit monkey island. Was a highlight of the trip. Food was good.
- The room was spacious and tasteful interior decoration, close to the lake
- Good spot, close to some ouf the sights, horseback guide Bismar was really nice for us and our kids. Nice room, Nice food,good vibe!
- For the money,this place is wonderful! We paid only $33 per night and got a private clean room just steps from the waters edge.
El Encanto Garden Hotel
One of our top picks in Santa Cruz.This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. El Encanto Garden Hotel is located in Santa Cruz, 28 miles from San Juan del Sur and 6 miles from Altagracia. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Some units include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or garden. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.San Jorge is 18 miles from El Encanto Garden Hotel, and Rivas is 20 miles away.
- Very friendly and perfectly English speaking staff. The tours organized by the hotel are great and have a good value for money. The whole place is filled with flowers so you can spot hummingbirds having breakfast with you while enjoying the fantastic view on concepción volcano. We would definitely come back here anytime!
- This place is simple but amazing, located between the two volcanos at Isla Ometepe and 5minutes walking from Santo Domingo beach. The restaurant and a few of the cabins have fantastic view over the Conception volcano. The rooms are simple, with a hammock on the porch. The food is excellent and the staff is so helpful and friendly. They can arrange private guides, any tour on the island and also motorbike or bike rental. The huge garden is beautiful and full of colourful birds. Good value for money.
- Really friendly personal. Wonderfull view from our bungalow to the concepcion. Good tour offers.
- Amazing view, amazing staff, very good equipments.
- We stayed in the Concepcion Cabin — the view was breathtaking!
Hotel Villa Paraiso
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Located in Santo Domingo in the region of Ometepe, 28 miles from San Juan del Sur, Hotel Villa Paraiso features a playground and terrace. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. Each room includes a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a gift shop at the property.You can play pool at this hotel, and the area is popular for biking. The hotel also provides bike rental. Altagracia is 4.2 miles from Hotel Villa Paraiso, and San Jorge is 17 miles away.
- Beach-side location, on the lovely island of Ometepe, within easy reach of other attractions such as Oyo de Agua mineral springs. And super food.
- The location was nice we were right in front with ocean view. There was a house next to us with a barking dog. Great location for the area
- Such a beautiful place, very rural, everything closes by 7:00pm but it’s amazing, very friendly people. Make sure to get early reservation to the ferry in order to get a good spot.
Staff was excellent, cabana was perfect- clean, comfortable, restaurant was exceptional- class act all the way!
The Staff was great- from reception to our drivers! They easily arranged the taxis and our tours: kayaking and hiking maderas.
You will not be disappointed with Hotel Villa Paradisio
- From what we could tell this was one of the nicer lodging options on the island. The private cabin type room was excellent. Hotel arranged a scooter rental for us ($35/day) which made travel around Ometepe much easier. However, the roads around Maderas side are rocky and difficult to navigate so recommend a 4-Wheeler or Motorbike. Solid restaurant on the premises with good food. You may find yourself eating there often as there isn’t a lot of options in Santo Domingo and hard to get around if you don’t have your own transport.
Hotel Finca Santo Domingo
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Hotel Finca Santo Domingo offers accommodations in Santa Cruz, just 28 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.There is an ATM and gift shop at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental and car rental. Altagracia is 4.2 miles from Hotel Finca Santo Domingo, and San Jorge is 17 miles from the property.
- Great location and facilities. Right on the beach! There are hammocks and chairs to lounge in on the sand and private casitas to stay in. Friendly staff and great food at the restaurant. If wake up early you can watch the sunrise over the lake. A very pleasant and comfortable stay overall.
- Food was great and Freddie the server/bartender was amazingly helpful!!!!
- Fantastic location! Beautiful nature, monkeys woke us up in the morning 🙂
- Staff was nice and helpfull. Beautiful view from the room, room was small but clean. Beautiful view from property and a little beach for swimming. Nearby only a few restaurants.
- The sound of the waves from the lake was so calming. We didn’t even need AC because the air circulation in the room was perfect. Also the food at the restaurant was delicious. Staff was super friendly and helped with everything we needed. I like supporting this business because it is Nicaraguan-owned.
San Juan de la Isla
Located in Altagracia, 29 miles from San Juan del Sur, San Juan de la Isla features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. The hotel has a terrace and views of the lake, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.This hotel has a private beach area and bike rental is available. San Jorge is 17 miles from San Juan de la Isla, and Rivas is 20 miles away.
- Staff was awesome, location was perfect. Easily the best resort I stayed at in Nicaragua, 10/10 would recommend to a friend.
- The staff was amazing. In particular: Daniel, Carolina, and Martín made it a great experience. Tuanis!
- We had to puzzle our stay together as we were coming (unknowingly) at the high season AND the weekend of a popular survival race taking place on the island. Our first room for two nights was exceptionally lovely — a private cabana with a view of Concepcion, clean, efficient air conditioning and generally little to complain about. We highly recommend booking either this cabana or the private cabanas with a lake view as they seem comparable. The hotel is fairly isolated – 2km off the main road – however the staff makes arranging activities easy and amenable. We rented a motorbike through the property our entire stay as well as a kayak tour.
- This place is exrordinary. It’s setting, design, facilities and staff. Warmly accommodating, knowledgeable and competent.
- THe Finca is a beautiful peaceful retreat. THe cabins on the lake are rustic and perfect-not over done, just comfortable .
This property is a 18-minute walk from the beach. Hospedaje Bullshark is located in Altagracia, just 28 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Some units include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or garden. Each room comes with a private bathroom.There is a shops at the property.Bike rental is available at this inn and the area is popular for biking. The inn also provides car rental. San Jorge is 16 miles from Hospedaje Bullshark, and Rivas is 19 miles away.
- Staff is really friendly. Rooms are spacious and really clean. You can get touristic information from the staff. We rent 2 bikes. It is 3 min away from ojo de agua. 8 min from play Santo Domingo. The garden is beautiful and we loved staying there in the morning having our breakfast and reading our books in the hammocks. The kitchen is great too if you like to cook. Beds are comfortable. And the chicken bus comes in front of the hostel to go to altergracia or moyogalpa.
- Staff was great and we got good information about activities on island + it was easy to book tours/rent a scooter. Place was very clean.
- The staff is great and always tries to help you. The location itself is perfect to explore north and south of the island.
- Very Nice and helpful staff. Shop and restaurant next to the hôtel and scooter/motorbike rental . Very clean room
- Great view of the volcano, nice little area to hang out with hammocks and chairs. Staff were great and there was a small store to buy sundries and snacks attached. Also a restaurant nearby with good prices Anne decent food
Hotel Chico Largo
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Offering a restaurant and a private beach area, Hotel Chico Largo is located in San José del Sur. Free WiFi access is available in all areas.The rooms come with a fan and a private bathroom with a shower. Room service is provided.At Hotel Chico Largo you will find a shuttle service from the Moyogalpa Port, a 24-hour front desk and a garden. Other facilities offered at the property include grocery deliveries, a shared lounge and a tour desk.An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including fishing and canoeing. The property offers free parking.
- The pool & grounds were stunning! The room was beautiful too, really big and nice. The sunset was amazing! Everything was very easy, we had a great meal there, and some pretty good cocktails. we were left well alone all day, not bothered to do anything. The complaints from other guests are rubbish- people expecting a 5* hotel at £23 a night! For what you pay for, it’s spectacular!
Very nice and helpful staff.
I feel like they are trying to build something and I am curious how it will look like in some months.
The pool is great and they gave us breakfast for free.
- It is closer to everything (most of the tours in the island). The owner is very nice and kind, the staff is great and helpful.
- They had pretty comfortable beds. We thought we booked rooms with 2 double beds, the room actually had 2 double and 1 twin so no one had to share. Staff was friendly. Food was good.
- Nice local breakfast, manager was a guide, so he explained us a lot about different hikes and volcanoes. The location is great, right near the shore
Hotel Finca El Chipote
One of our top picks in Altagracia.Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Finca El Chipote offers accommodations in Altagracia. Free private parking is available on site.You will find a tour desk at the property.San Juan del Sur is 28 miles from Hotel Finca El Chipote, and San Jorge is 17 miles away.
- The view of the Madeira Volcano was lovely and the sunset view spectacular. The pool was very clean and refreshing.
- The view is just awesome! So beautiful. Pool was nice and clean.
- The view is great and Gonzalo is very attentive and helpful.
- A little bit pricey but so much worth the money. Comparing to other accommodations in Ometepe, this is one of the best you can get. That view is just fascinating. We woke up at 5:20AM 2 days in a row only to see the sunrise which is straight in front of the pool view. It was so calm there (maybe except the loud monkeys in the morning and then later during sunset), we had a great time relaxing. Also, the dinner is superb, we recommend a fresh fish for $15 for two. We wish we have stayed there 1 or 2 more nights.
- Everything was wonderful, one of the best places we stayed and the owners were lovely and great food there. Highly recommend this place to all and we would stay again. Very relaxed and stunning views. Owners helped us book zip lining which again we would say needs to be done at sunset for the best views and also kayaking. This place was just great.
Top Hotels In Mérida Ometepe Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Mérida Ometepe to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Mérida Ometepe but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Mérida Ometepe. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!