10 Best Hotels To Stay In Mendexa Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Mendexa Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Mendexa Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mendexa Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mendexa Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Mendexa Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Mendexa Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Mendexa Basque Country:
Offering a private terrace with sea views, rooms at Hotel Garazar are bright and spacious and feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Hotel Garazar has a bar and an outdoor terrace. There is also a large garden area with sun loungers.Bilbao and the airport are less than 1 hour’s drive of the hotel. You can also drive along the north coast and visit Zarautz or San Sebastián.
- Design of building (particularly the guests’ lounge), splendid elevated location and superb views along the coast.
- An all round excellent place. The hosts were brilliant, the breakfast was delicious, especially the homemade cake. The room was amazing, large, with an amazing shower and views over the sea in the distance. Its so peaceful here, i’ll definitely be returning. 🙂
- We were here 2013 and fell in love with the place, ad now when we passed by we took the chance to stay here once again. That can be a bit dangerous since you have very high expectations, but no worry needed. This place is still excellent and beyond! We are already looking forward to come back here again.
- Fantastic location, beautiful views, off the beaten track.
Everything was as expected, nice location, nice building, very quiet environment, with heart minded, welcoming, kind hosts, two types of breakfast package options, large well maintained rooms with terrace and view to the sea, also a really nice ambient living-lounge with fire-place.
Route to the house is easy and also bit exciting through the vivid, rich vegetation and nature
A breakfast buffet featuring local produce can be served in the cafe or outside on the terrace. In the evenings hot and cold tapas are available.The cozy bar features original wooden beams and the hotel also has grounds where guests can relax.The Zubieta Hotel is just 30 minutes from Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve. It is also one hour from Bilbao and San Sebastián.
- The beautiful garden area and proximity to the town plus parking on site…. what a relief!
- One of the nicest hotels we stayed in, tasteful hacienda ambiance, nice rooms, relatively clean, in a quiet area so you don’t hear any noise. Cafes and restos are close by. I would definitely stay here again.
Lovely hotel – rather like an Austrian Chalet. Was the stables to a large manor house, so parts of hotel very old. Comfortable rooms, nice terrace, easy walking distance to port and centre of town. Breakfast was good. We had an evening meal there as we could not find a restaurant in town we liked. Meal was good and reasonably priced.
Hotel sends instructions as to how to find it as a little difficult, so well worth following them (which we didn’t!!)
- This hotel is much better than it seems from the description. It’s old, quaint and creaky. The garden is a lovely place to have a drink or dinner in the summer – there’s also a really cosy looking bar for colder weather. Staff were really helpful.
- Lovely hotel, traditional and romantic. Good location just outside town center
Hotel Metrokua has light, double rooms, all equipped with a double bed and directly accessible from the terrace. The hotel features some very special spots, including the solarium terrace with spectacular views and ideal for relaxation. The lounge has a fireplace and comfortable sofas that also incite relaxation.In the seafaring atmosphere of the bar-cafeteria you will be able to sample the delicious tapas on offer. From here, you also have views of the beach, and at the rear of the house the beautiful gardens must not be forgotten.Accommodations that creates tranquility, intended as much for those wanting to visit the Costa Vasca, as those who stay for professional reasons.
Room had an amazing seaview with table and chairs outside and direct access to a large sun terrace. Peaceful location with garden and flower beds all round. Room was spacious with comfy bed and large modern bathroom. Lovely friendly staff and good food.
Walk into town is enjoyable and scenic.
- Great hotel in good location. Made to feel welcome with bowl of fruit in room and soft drinks in mini bar.
- Very nice comfortable homely hotel. We were very delayed by ferry and turned up at 1-2am in the morning and a member of staff stayed up for us & was very helpful.
- friendly staff, location, small fridge, easy parking
- Great location on the beach front. Try to get a sea view. Rooms are simple but comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. Bar attached to the accommodation serves decent food and has a nice vibe.
- Room had an amazing seaview with table and chairs outside and direct access to a large sun terrace. Peaceful location with garden and flower beds all round. Room was spacious with comfy bed and large modern bathroom. Lovely friendly staff and good food.
Heated rooms at this property come with a private bathroom with free toiletries, shower and hairdryer. Bed linen and towels are provided.There are bars, restaurants and supermarkets in the surrounding streets.Hotel Piñupe is an hour’s drive from San Sebastián and a 30-minute drive will take you to Guernica. Bilbao is 36 mi away.
The hotel is located in a lively shopping street.
- The hotel was very welcoming. Issues during the booking phase were resolved between us and the hotel before we arrived. The food and drink service was very adequate, and it was easy to move ariund Lekeitio from the hotel.
- Good value in a lovely place. Cool bar underneath!
- This was a reasonably priced basic little hotel in Lekeitio. The bar downstairs was very nice. We were quite satisfied with the room and the location was good. There were lots of lively bars nearby and the seafront was a short walk away.
- Above a lovely little Basque Bar, Bar Pinupe. We had a lovely balcony. Very clean. If you need something, go to the bar downstairs. Delicious pinxos downstairs at the bar.
- Friendly welcome
A drive through lush green areas will take you to the Arbes free car-park, one of a number of benefits that will make your stay a pleasant one.The Hotel Arbes comfortable rooms are designed with the location in mind, boasting large windows to give you the feeling that you are literally above the Cantabrian Sea.The hotel has an impressive outdoor pool, set in a peaceful setting.You can also use the free Wi-Fi to choose between one of the many high-quality restaurants nearby.The Arbe is a green hotel down to the last detail. Not only can you enjoy a lovely stroll through the surrounding oak forests and garden, but the hotel’s air-conditioning is powered by the regions geothermal energy.
- Amazing ocean views from the rooms. Great location to take a walk in the mountains. Friendly and ready to help people.
.Fantastic views of the ocean
In fact lets just say everything about the hotel is “perfecto ”
Excellent service by Itzi and her husband, really above all expectations.
The property is modern and the rooms look to the sea.
We got super service here
- Fantastic view, great location, marvelous breakfast, all is clean, tidy, nice looking. I highly recommend it.
- Hotel is located on the cliff with direct view on the ocean from all rooms.
Hotel Palacio Oxangoiti
Hotel Palacio Oxangoiti is a restored palace building that has been listed for its architectural value. It has spacious public areas with free Wi-Fi access.All of the rooms at the Palacio Oxangoiti include a bathroom with amenities and hairdryer and a TV. All have exterior views, some over the Medieval Santa María Church, and most have a balcony.The traditional fishing port of Lekeitio is renowned for its traditional seafood and tapas restaurants. The Oxangoiti’s friendly front desk staff can offer recommendations and arrange reservations at local restaurants.Hotel Palacio Oxangoiti is situated a 5-minute walk from Lekeitio Bus Station. Hourly buses depart for Bilbao. Guests can also take a boat to San Nicolas Island, with its beautiful beaches.
- Great old building. The owner was most helpful. Views over the plaza with a bit of harbor. Easy walk to bars and restaurants.
Lekeitio should be on veyone’s list for a short visit. A small old town section, adjacent small boat port and many walking opportunities will really give you a floor of the Basque region.
The hotel retains some of the old world feel, convenient to everything.
The young lady at check was full of enjoyable enthusiasm as she explain in part English, part Spanish with descriptive gestures, everything I needed to know. She was a joy to meet.
- Great location in the old town with a fantastic view and very close to quayside, beach and restaurants.
- This was a fascinating place – very old building with great character. A certain austerity when it came to comfort or luxury, but certainly adequate and reflected the ambiance of the setting. The staff did not speak English so communication was somewhat strained. Ok breakfast, nothing special. I guess what made it so intriguing was the location on the bustling main square and the building itself from the 1600s.
- Breakfast very nice & convenient. Bed comfortable. Excellent location.
The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Basque food for lunch and dinner, upon request. It has an attractive, open-plan lounge and dining room with sofas, a gallery and a large stone pillar.The countryside around Hotel Antsotegi is great for hiking, and you can drive to the coast in just 20 minutes. Bilbao and San Sebastián are both around 45 minutes’ drive away.
- Staff really friendly @nd helpful. A very relaxed atmosphere.
- There is a restaurant in the hotel. Staff was friendly.
- The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful to limited Spanish speaking tourists. The dinner service on site was excellent as well.
- Very friendly staff who speak good english. beautiful hotel with very good facilities.
- The building was amazing. The room was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly.
From your Kanala bedroom, enjoy views toward the sea or mountains from the comfort of your private balcony or terrace.Admire the decor of the Kanala Hotel which is harmony with the Basque Country’s tradition and its rural setting.Keep up-to-date and email friends on the free internet connection.Make a day trip to the seaside or to the fine city of Bilbao. Return to the Kanala for a tasty meal in the restaurant-brassiere with a delightfully informal atmosphere.
- Kanala is a basic hotel, ideally situated to explore The coastline.
- Don’t bother with breakfast. Toast, juice and coffee which is typical but it was white toasted bread. Certainly not worth price. Dinner was great.
- Friendly staff and good evening food. Located just off the motorway so easy to find.
- Jordi was super sweet and had great information about Deba. He gave us route to take on our bikes to our next destination which was phenomenal! The entire staff was super nice and welcoming. They took good care of us.
Magnificent view! Service in the restaurant was excellent. Loved hearing the sheep and church bell.
The room was very comfortable.
Hotel Gernika’s air-conditioned rooms feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Gernika Hotel serves a daily buffet breakfast for an extra cost. Guests can also get tourist information of the area onsite and there is luggage storage and a laundry services.There is a bus stop with busses to Bilbao opposite the hotel and Hotel Gernika is a 10-minute walk to Gernika Railway Station. Bilbao Airport is 19 mi away.
- Large rooms with comfortable beds. Very clean and a few mins walk to town. Car parking available. Really good choice of breakfast items.
- Hotel was clean and central. The bus to Bilbao stops outside. Staff were very helpful and friendly.
- We stayed here for 2 nights and it’s within walking distance to downtown Gernika. We rented a car and parking is awful in town so walking is best. They allowed us to keep our car in their parking lot even on the day we checked out until we were ready to leave. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room and bathroom was clean, large and the bed was comfortable.
- The staff were excellent and really helpful. You can park your car on the premises and everything in the town is within walking distance.
- Wonderful staff who went above and beyond to assist us with lost luggage (Camino walking). They were so kind to us and persistent with the luggage service. Cannot thank them enough. Will definitely stay here again.
Rooms at Hotel Zumalabe have either a private balcony or large windows, with lots of natural light. They all include a plasma TV, climate control and a bathroom with hairdryer.Set on the Bay of Biscay, Mutriku is less than a one hour drive from Vitoria, Bilbao and San Sebastian. Free private parking is available at the hotel.Mutriku has various restaurants, serving local dishes such as fish stew and monkfish. The village is also famous for its canned tuna and anchovies.
- We had a stunning view from the room. Although breakfast was basic, it was good value for money and hot and cold drinks were available all day and the staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a great location with parking (but make sure you park correctly less you incur the wrath of the owner).
The serve yourself breakfast is available all day…. €5!
- The property is quite close to the center of town. The owners live at the site and property presents itself as a clean haven at the end of the day. Our room had a view of the harbor and was bright. The owners recommendation of a restaurant in the town was of a modest restaurant which prepared us a fresh fish dinner. All was well.
- The bed was very comfortable. Much more comfortable than many of the hotels that we stayed in that were 4 and 5 star. We had a spectacular view over Mutriku and the harbour. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
- There is parking right at the door – the hotel is built into the wall of the old town so right near the sights and a easy walk to the new town for all the bars etc
Top Hotels In Mendexa Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Mendexa Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Mendexa Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Mendexa Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!