10 Best Hotels To Stay In Meñaca Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Meñaca Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Meñaca Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Meñaca Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Meñaca Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Meñaca Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Meñaca Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Meñaca Basque Country:
At Hotel Mariñerune, the rooms are equipped with a desk and a TV. All rooms include air conditioning, and selected rooms have a terrace. All guest rooms include a closet.Bilbao is 8 miles from Hotel Mariñerune, while Castro-Urdiales is 19 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 4.3 miles from the property.
- Very friendly, helpful staff. Good value when every other hotelier in the Blibao region was cashing in on the European rugby finals.
- Comfortable rooms. There was easy access to the town and public transportation.
- The staff went out of their way to make this a very comfortable stay. The owner was exceptionally attentive to our needs.
- Very helpful staff, provided secure parking for our motorbikes, re-arranged beds, and agreed to a late check out with no charge.
- We arrived very late after a delayed flight but the owner had stayed up to great us. We couldn’t have asked for more and were very happy with our brief stay .
The Hotel has 20 exterior-facing rooms with mountain views. Each room has a private bathroom with a bath and free toiletries.Hotel Ibaigune offers a shared lounge area next to the reception with WiFi zone. It is surrounded by gardens and offers free parking.Canoeing, horse riding, diving and surfing are popular in the surrounding countryside. Trains to Bilbao and Bermeo leave from San Cristobal – Busteria Station, 1,950 feet from the hotel.
- Our room was quite big with an own bathroom. The breakfast was good and the 5€ price was reasonable. Free parking and location is peaceful enough, eventhough the hotel is located just next to the main road.
- The did not provide any coffee or food, but were helpful in lending us cutlery!
Lovely building and we had a suite which consisted of two adjoining rooms and an ensuite. 4 of us shared the room. It was spacious and adequate for our needs. There was a TV and settee. The property was set back but on a main road. It was quiet in the room and there was plenty of parking.
On arrival we were offered the option of breakfast the following morning at a cost of 5 euro each. We declined as we had already brought food with us.
The hotel provided plenty of towels and sachets of shampoo, shower gel and soap.
The hotel was about an hour from the ferry port to England.
- Comfortable and clean. Staff very nice and helpful
- Comfy beds and generally clean. A good option if there’s no accommodation in the main towns of the area. From here you can walk to the old tile factory and seat in the docks, which was a nice little walk. It was super easy to travel around from here (10 minute walk to the station with trains every half an hour in both directions).
The rooms are bright and spacious and feature elegant décor. Each comes with air conditioning, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, safe, and a free bottle of water. The bathroom comes with free toiletries, magnifying mirror, bath or shower, and hairdryer.A range of characteristic Basque cuisine is served at the Harria restaurant. There is also a bar and terrace with bistro menu.Palacio Urgoiti is surrounded by a 9-hole Pitch & Putt and a 650 feet driving range. The beaches of the Costa Vasca are a 10-minute drive away.
- Convenient location, nice lunch & dinner, professional restaurant staff, large room, beautiful terrasse and flowers, kids friendly
Nice bistro bar and restaurant. Good sized indoor pool. location just outside Bilbao was perfect.
Huge room, nice bathroom.
- Nice little golf course and swimming pool. Good restaurant, which was quite buzzy when we were there. Staff were great. We have stayed twice and the rooms have been lovely both times – very spacious.
- Incredible location, close to all local points of interest. Beautiful views of abundant hillsides. Seamless access to driving range & golf course. We were 2 families meeting-up with 3 kids under 10. The kids loved the idea that they were in a Palace, they enjoyed the freedom and security of being in a smaller location. Food & Drinks service were great, although we preferred the bar menu. We all had a really lovely time at Palacio Urgoiti and we will definitely be back!
- It is a golf hotel. The building was rebuild from another one. Very distinguished atmosphere, good breakfast. Very near to Bilbao and airport (nearly no noise)
Hotel Restaurante Arimune
Each room comes with a flat-screen TV, wardrobe and garden views. The private bathroom includes a bath.International dishes are served in the Arimune’s restaurant, featuring sea views. There is a cozy shared lounge area with a reading area and TV. The hotel also has a second outdoor terrace with mountain views.Bilbao is 17 mi from the property and Guernica is 16 mi away.
-proximity to the beach
- The location was excellent! The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay!
The staff were very friendly, but only one person spoke English and we
hardly saw him. This made communication extremely difficult The beach
immediately in front of the Hotel was beautiful
- The beds were super comfy, and surrounded by a conopy. The hotel definitely has some history. And the breakfast in the morning is delicious.
- There should be a signboard to find ARIMUNE easier. Rooms upstairs, not recommendable for elder people. Windows to the beach too small and not well constructed.
- -very clean
Holiday Inn Express Bilbao
Rooms at the Holiday Inn Express are stylishly decorated in dark blue tones. They come with air conditioning and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.The Holiday Inn Express is 6 miles from Bilbao and buses leave from outside the hotel, with direct routes to the center. Guests can visit attractions such as the iconic Guggenheim Museum.A buffet breakfast is served in the dining room. There is a vending machine for snacks and a microwave available for use. Guests can also relax in the hotel’s lobby bar.
- Free spacious car park. Brilliant stop over for catching the Bilbao boat.
- Breakfast was excellent for this type of hotel. Location is quite good. Easy to get to airport.
- Close to airport and had a shuttle that was both timely and clean. The adjacent restaurant was good.
- Excellently located near the airport with frequent shuttles. Excellent base to explore Bilbao.
- Very decent chain hotel. Extremely nice and helpful staff.
Set in Zamudio, 3.7 miles outside Bilbao, the Aretxarte is a modern hotel with superb, convenient facilities.Rooms at the Aretxarte are fully air conditioned, and feature a balcony where you can relax and enjoy the quiet.Take advantage of the free parking to drive down to Bilbao, including the world-famous Guggenheim Museum – the hotel’s tour desk can provide you with all the information you need.Enjoy tasty local food at the restaurant, including fresh seafood, where you can choose from a wide selection of Spanish wine.
Very tasty breakfast for a moderate price
Delicious wine in a nice cafe in the front
- A perfect location as an overnight stay travelling from Santander to Port Grimaud.
- Close to the airport. Nice clean modern rooms. The area in the garden is beautiful at night. Great restaurant with great value/taste and also the staff at garden restaurant was very pleasant.
- Excellent affordable dinner, water and wine included.
- Close to airport and staff at hotel arranged for me
- Very tasty breakfast for a moderate price
Hotel El Puerto
All of the rooms in El Puerto have satellite TV, heating and private bathrooms with hairdryer. Some rooms have views of the estuary.The Hotel El Puerto has a 24-hour front desk, and offers luggage storage. Staff will also be happy to offer advice on local sights.The town of Mundaka is popular with surfers, and is also ideal for fishing and diving. Bilbao is about 22 mi away.
- The hotel is in a fantastic location looking out over the small harbour. On arrival we were offered rooms to choose from , of course we chose the one overlooking the sea. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Sadly we were only here for one night.
- Great location in Mundaka’s picturesque harbour.
- A beautiful hotel near the port . It was lovely to enjoy some delicious food and drinks in the hotel restaurant, which has amazing views to the ocean.
- Fab location and wonderful staff. The property is impeccable in every way. Breakfast is very memorable.
- Location was great with free parking nearby. Lovely looking out over the marina & watching the goings on.
Hotel Kurutziaga Jauregia
The charming restored house offers bright rooms with beamed ceilings and simple décor. Each room features a TV, private bathroom with bathtub and free toiletries.Hotel Kurutziaga Jauregia has a shared living room with a TV and a 24-hour front desk. The picturesque coastal location is internationally-renowned for surfing and other water sports.There is a variety of Basque restaurants within a 5-minute walk. Mundaka Train Station offers direct trains to Bilbao and Bermeo. Bilbao is 30 minutes’ drive, while Bilbao Airport is 12 mi from the property.
- Perfect location in a very nice village, close to the harbour and to the bars/restaurants, but in a quiet area. Friendly staff, good facilities and excelent price/quality ratio.
- Very helpful manager Joan who went out of her way to be belpful. Location was great and the beds were very comfortable. Clean basic no frills hotel which was very reasonably priced.
- Good central budget hotel, good friendly service, clean rooms
- Super friendly staff, great breakfast at super value, clean and comfortable rooms
- The hotel is located in a beautifully restored building. The general ambiance is of quality.
Eco Hotel Mundaka
This eco-friendly hotel serves a daily breakfast which includes local, organic products. Set in a restored historic building, it uses organic cleaning products and solar energy, as well as recycling all litter.The bright rooms are decorated in warm colors, and include LCD satellite TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Each one has free Wi-Fi.Reception is open 24 hours a day, allowing you flexibility during your stay. The town is located on the Urdaibai Estuary, which is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Bilbao is a 30-minute drive away.
- All staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was fresh and well presented, and a special breakfast provided when we needed to depart early.
Right in the heart of lovely mundaka,
Charming hotel in quite street,
Kind and helpfull staff
- Perfect location in this lovely, picturesque small town; near shops, restaurants, sandy beach, rocky shore, and park. Very welcoming and friendly staff, nice room and bathroom, cozy atmosphere. The surf theme and rich heritage is found throughout the hotel; photos and paintings on the walls, surfboard items here and there, really original. This ECO-hotel is a wonderful example of ECO-vacationing; eco washing and cleaning materials, bio/organic breakfast, home-made and regional delicious products such as jams, marmelades, nuts, fruits and veggies. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would go back there anytime. Gladly recommend it!
- Nice accommodation and very friendly staff. The breakfast was healthy and plentiful.
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff, real commitment to environmental sustainability
Each room is heated and has a work desk and mini-bar. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and bath tub. Superior rooms also feature a seating area.Free on-site parking is available and the BI631 Main Road is easily accessible. The hotel is a 15-minute drive from the picturesque San Juan de Gaztelugatxe Hermitage.
- Very personal service, friendly and helpful. Beautiful rural location and yet only a short walk from the town.
- Lovely entry salon on each floor with doors opening off to individual rooms. Nice balcony with views of the city. Very friendly staff member who had a good grasp of English and was very attentive. Lovely breakfast area.
- Comfortable, clean and airy room with space for luggage and clothes. .
- Everything was basic but very clean. Bathroom needs a little talc but adequate. A bit dated outside.
- Clean and comfortable room, big bathroom, good breakfast that’s included, friendly staff (José), free parking (–> car recommended as the hotel is located on a hillside), overall good value for money
Top Hotels In Meñaca Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Meñaca Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Meñaca Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Meñaca Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!