10 Best Hotels To Stay In Mave Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
Mave Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Mave Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mave Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mave Castile and Leon. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Mave Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Mave Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Mave Castile And Leon:
Hotel El Convento de Mave
The heated rooms at El Convento de Mave feature elegant décor. All feature a TV and private bathroom. Super rooms offer a rain-effect shower and a unique sound and lighting system.El Convento de Mave serves a continental breakfast daily and its gourmet restaurant offers traditional, regional dishes made with local produce. The Zenobio Bar provides the perfect setting to relax and enjoy local wines.Tourist information can be provided and the hotel provides a good base for hiking and cycling and exploring the surrounding towns and villages. Aguilar de Campóo, its Reservoir and the Cildá Mountain are 4.3 mi away.El Convento de Mave offers free parking and is around 1 hours’ drive from Burgos, Santander and Palencia.
- Admired the work put into renovating this old monastery. Nice designer touches. Surprises round every corner! Excellent deal on Half Board. Staff were delightful
- Everything, the most relaxing place I have ever been, the food in the restaurant was amazing, the staff were so good and friendly, the owner (Bogonia) was always speaking and mixing with her guests, Mariano was great in the restaurant, I can’t say enough about the place, will be back next year
- This is a wonderful place, so much character of the original building has been retained & the hotel is of a high standard finish. Beautiful gardens. We also had a lovely evening meal in the restaurant which we felt was of a premium quality with a reasonable price.
- Great style and desing, wnderful gardens and staff’s kindness.
- Lovely ancient building and garden. Excellent bed and bed linen
Priorato del Val
Each heated room in this hotel has rustic décor and hardwood floors. There are 2 single beds, a desk, and a seating area, including views of the surroundings. The private bathroom comes with a shower, hairdryer, and free toiletries.This hotel offers a business center, games room, library, and a sun terrace. There is also a massage service available, as well as spa facilities.Burgos is 55 minutes from Priorato del Val, and Santander is 68 mi away.
- It’s a fascinating place to stay, carved out of an old priory in a very sympathetic way. We needed to find somewhere to stay off the ferry into Santander because hotels around Bilbao where we wanted to stay were full with Rugby finals and this looked good on the web and exceeded our expectations. We have marked it for a more relaxed visit in t(e future.
- Unique Priory conversion, so marvellous building, tastefully restored. Friendly owners.
- The old building has been restored to a high standard and is very atmospheric.
- Beautifully refurbished priory. Tasteful decoration. It is quite small so our group were able to use the whole of the lounge area.
- A lovely “boutique ” hotel, in a very rural location. Good quality breakfast.
Hotel Posada Santa Maria la Real
All rooms at the Posada Santa María la Real have a private bathroom with hairdryer, as well as satellite TV. They all retain features such as a terra cotta floor and wooden beams, as well as antique furniture.The hotel’s buffet restaurant serves a variety of quality dishes from both traditional and modern cuisine.The Posada has its own gardens, including a picnic area with tables and chairs. There is also a museum which looks at the Romanesque history of the area and the monastery itself.The Posada is just 10 minutes’ walk from the main square of Aguilar de Campoó, which contains much medieval architecture. Aguilar de Campoó is 37 mi from Burgos.
- Lovely old building with interesting history. Acceptable restaurant.
- Great room a converted monks cell so “compact” overall a great place to stay with safe parking for motorcycles.
- Shower in our room broken when we arrived and within an hour we had been moved to a nicer room with all facilities
- A strange yet rustic hotel with character and charm.
Hotel: Unique atmosphere in an annexe of a rebuild cloister with a wonderful orchard in front
Location: Lively town with some historic buildings but not too many tourists.
Choose from a wide range of meals in the Valentin’s à la carte restaurant. The Valentin can also host weddings and special occasions in one of their elegant function rooms.Keep up-to-date and email friends on the Valentin’s free, wireless internet connection which is available throughout the entire property.Make a visit to one of the nearby fine cities such as Santander or Burgos. Alternatively explore the surrounding countryside such as the Palentina Mountains. You can also daytrip to the coast just 31 mi away for a day by the seaside. During the winter months, make the most of the nearby ski slopes, just 40 minutes away. You are also only 50 minutes from the nearest beaches,
- Lovely comfortable hotel & was ideal for a stopover.stayed here going to & from southern Spain & would definitely stay again.
- All good only one night stay traveling on motorcycles, great place & location.
This was our second stay at Hotel Valentin, really comfortable bed in newly reformed bedrooms.
Friendly helpful staff.
Good hotel for an overnight stay. The room was bigger than a normal hotel room, and our room had a balcony overlooking the garden. The room had a more darn design and the bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast was not a buffet style breakfast but still good.
- Nice room with sunny balcony overlooking the garden. Close to the town centre.
Hotel Rural Fuente del Val
All rooms have a flat-screen TV. Every room includes a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property, a bar, a restaurant and a terrace.Aguilar de Campoo is 20 minutes’ away. There you can find the nearest bus and train station. Reinosa is 24 mi from Hotel Rural Fuente del Val. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 75 mi from Hotel Rural Fuente del Val.
- A retored house in a village an out of the way place, but very near the motorway
- Excellent help from owners father and lovely clean accommodation Staff next morning very kind and could not do more to make our stay perfect
- Great reception on arrival and they arranged a really super dinner for us all made from local ingredients, fantastic overall stay.
The property was small and beautifully renovated. The facilities were clean and perfectly adequate for our one night stopover before catching the ferry in Santander.
The host was most helpful, quite charming and spoke good English. His wife was a lovely lady who cooked a delightful evening meal for us, served in the dining area above their well stocked bar. In all an excellent place to stay.
- Nice, quiet, family-run place in a sleepy little town. There are several rooms with a large common area for hanging out with other guests and also where the breakfast is served. Parking is easy and ample on the street.
La Posada Del Santuario
All guest rooms in the inn are equipped with a flat-screen TV. La Posada Del Santuario has some accommodations that include garden views, and all rooms include a private bathroom with a shower. Guest rooms feature a seating area.Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around Nava de Santullán, like hiking.Potes is 24 miles from La Posada Del Santuario. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 45 miles from the property.
- The owner was very welcoming – we were the only guests that night. He got his friend who runs a hotel in the town to come up and look after us when he had to go out. He was very friendly and helpful too. The hotel is set on its own in a beautiful mountain landscape and attached to a working chapel. Hotel, food, room all excellent.
- Beautiful location. Dog friendly. Was able to stay longer in my room because of delay of the ferry. Miguel kindly bathed my spaniel when he came back covered in mud.
- This place is gorgeous. High up on a hill overlooking beautiful countryside, it’s a haven of tranquility, slap bang in the middle of amazing biking/hiking country, yet only a five minute drive from the nearest town. If you want an all singing, all dancing hotel go elsewhere. This place is all about the peace, the character, Mother Nature showing off and genuine hospitality. The owner is extraordinary (get him to show you the wolves). He has no English, but even if you don’t speak Spanish, he’s brilliantly communicative. My friends and I had such a great evening with him in the hotel’s little restaurant, eating perfect steak and chips, drinking marvellous local wine and laughing like loons. I understand why some guests wouldn’t get it, but for me and my friends, it was pretty much the perfect stopover. I told the owner I’d be coming back one day, and I can’t wait.
- I loved this place, it was absolutely wonderful. The location was very rural and on its own, but beautiful. The hotel really comfortable and Miguel was so helpful, and flexible. Loved it!
- This is a privately owned former religious building in the remote countryside. A stunning location, raised above the surrounding plain, with excellent views. The old stone buildings have been lightly renovated with much original character retained. Recent bathroom. Plenty of parking. Quiet and attractive. Wolves occasionally visit. A good personally prepared evening meal and breakfast. Helpful manager, spoke only Spanish, but this wasn’t a problem. Used a lot by local people, rather than tourists from afar.
Hotel Rural Piedra Abierta
Hotel Rural Piedra Abierta offers rooms with a private bathroom with toiletries. There is also a studio with a fireplace and a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave.A buffet breakfast is served at the Piedra Abierta Hotel from 09:00 to 10:30. Meals can also be requested 24 hours in advance. Special diet menus and packed lunches are available on prior request.Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in the surrounding area. Free parking is available nearby. There is also a free Wi-Fi zone.There is easy access to the A67 Motorway and Santander is 71 mi away. You can drive to the Alto Campoo Ski Resort in around 45 minutes.
Our experience at Piedra Abierta it was excellent. We had would love to stay for longer. Located in very close proximity to Fuentes Carrionas National Park and close to beautiful villages. We took a walk in one of the trails routes provided by Carma. And we even saw the Bisons!
She was very helpful giving us lots of tips and breakfast was just perfect.
Great spot for a relaxing break in the North of Palencia.
- Quiet rural location, good facilities, excellent dinner, friendly and very welcoming owners ?
- Pedro; Alicia and Carma are very friendly and interacted with us on a level that very few hotel- or guest house owners do. They are very knowledgeable about the area and the cooking is excellent!
Great place. I only missed a TV on the room.
Not a conplaint at all, just a personal desire.
- Idyllic remote location, friendly staff with great local knowledge
- Our experience at Piedra Abierta it was excellent. We had would love to stay for longer. Located in very close proximity to Fuentes Carrionas National Park and close to beautiful villages. We took a walk in one of the trails routes provided by Carma. And we even saw the Bisons!
Hotel Rural El Valle
Hiking is among the activities that guests can enjoy near the hotel.Potes is 24 miles from Hotel Rural El Valle, while Espinama is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 43 miles from the property.
- Excellent stopover for Santander. Lovely little village and staff exceptionally welcoming. Food excellent and very well priced.
- The location was great, with magnificent scenery. We were told a brown bear was seen nearby on the other side of the valley the previous evening, being around 200 kgs in size. We intend to stop off again on route back to the ferry in November.
- Great views of the mountains and the village. Staff are very friendly and helpful!!
- Lo mejor del hotel es el personal. Nina se ocupa de todo , es cocinera, camarera y recepcionista y es encantadora.
- Sobre todo el trato de Nina, la persona que nos recibió y atendió…
Hotel El Roble
Each room features a flat-screen TV, telephone and a private bathroom with hairdryer.Located in the center of Cervera de Pisuerga, the hotel is close to numerous restaurants where guests can taste the local cuisine. There is also a weekly market where you will find local products.Palencia or Burgos are just over an hour’s drive of the hotel. The beautiful fishing villages on the north coast can be reached in approximately 90 minutes’ drive away.
- Very friendly family run. Plenty of room for our things. We have been there twice before so feel at home.
Good cafeteria, open early and late.
Hotel sent taxi to pick us up from village with no accommodation.
- Lovely family run hotel, very friendly and helpful
- Spacious comfortable room. Friendly and helpful staff. This was our third visit .
- Family run Hotel, rooms have been recently redecorated to a high standard. The owners went out of their way to make sure my Motorbike had safe planning and did me a good dinner when I was the only person eating
Posada Los Carabeos
The rooms at the inn come with a seating area. Featuring a private bathroom with a bath and free toiletries, certain units at Posada Los Carabeos also have a garden view. All guest rooms feature a desk.A continental breakfast is served daily at the property.The accommodation has a playground. Guests at Posada Los Carabeos will be able to enjoy activities in and around Arroyal, like cycling.Torrelavega is 30 miles from the inn, while Reinosa is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 38 miles from Posada Los Carabeos.
- Very good value for money, breakfast very simple, but also very cheap.
- Had my dog lovely gardens to run in and to seat very out the way on three edge of a little village thus is the third time I have stayed there
Very clean and comfortable
Excellent service. Convenient and pleasant location. Easy parking.
This is equivalent of local pub with a few rooms. Once checked in access is not necessarily through bar. Bar was noisy with locals on Sat evening.
Nijela even put up with me practising very poor Spanish.
- We were travelling from Valencia to the port of Santander and found this hotel on booking.com set in a beautiful friendly village, very peaceful, excellent food and very accommodating great value for money.
Top Hotels In Mave Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Mave Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Mave Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Mave Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!