10 Best Hotels To Stay In Llantada Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Llantada Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Llantada Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Llantada Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Llantada Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Llantada Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Llantada Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Llantada Basque Country:
Each bright, attractive room at Hotel Ibarra has views of the Salcedo Valley. All rooms come with a TV.Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast in the dining room. A number of bars and restaurants can be reached within a 5-minute drive.The surrounding area is ideal for hiking and cycling, and fishing is possible at the nearby Ibarra River. Bilbao and the surrounding beaches can be reached within 30 minutes by car.
- Rooms with little terraces on very nice garden. Friendly manager.
The delux double had a king size bed a lovely roomie ensuite bathroom, great shower and bath. The room was accessed via an open varanda with seating area under cover outside looking out over panoramic views of the mountains.
The weather was changeable and cool and the central heating in the room was easy to control providing a perfect room temperature..
At breakfast there was fantastic choice and quality of local and home made produce. Our host/hotel owner Jose served fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh ground coffee, fruit teas (as many cups as you wanted) eggs, toasted croissants, with a buffet selection of different meats, cheeses, breads, home made cakes, preserves and fresh fruit all on offer
The hotel was located in the village of Zella (pronounced Thalla) a 10 – 15 walk to the train station, has a regular service of 30 minute journey into Bilbao (€5 return). The main motorway is adjacent to the hotel with easy accesses to and from Bilbao 20kms away.
- The hotel manager personally made breakfast every day, he was excellent
All rooms are beautifully arranged, nice building
- Fabulous setting in the Alpine look mountains of Northern Spain. Very helpful owner who prepared excellent breakfasts every day. Our bathroom could have been a tad larger but it was perfectly adequate and the quirky décor/furnishings were appreciated. A very relaxing place to stay with reasonably easy access to Bilbao and the surrounding countryside.
Hotel Erreka Gueñes
The Erreka Güeñes offers heated accommodations with simple, modern décor and wooden flooring. All rooms have a TV and a mini-bar.Guests can enjoy a selection of locally produced meat and seafood dishes in the Erreka’s restaurant. There is also a bar and lounge area.The hotel has a peaceful setting ideal for walking, while the beaches surrounding Las Arenas can be reached in 30 minutes by car. Bilbao is just 14 mi away.
- asked for quiet room, but put room is facing the main road, no aircon, opening winder but with a lot of cars traffic noise at night, Safety noise made the constant humming noise, door and walls are thin, can hear noise and closing of the door early in the morning. No a relax stay and very very basic facilities. No idea for holiday etc. and I think 1-star hotel is misleading, no more than a basic hostal.
- Night shift manager was very friendly and helpful. Menu del Dias was fine as was breakfast.
- Staff were very helpful. Although they spoke no English and my Spanish is rudimentary they provided an evening meal even though the restaurant was closed. They also found an English speaking local who personally guided us to the car museum which was the reason for our visit. We were most impressed.
- Beautiful scenery with wonderful rooms, which were very clean and spacious.
- Lots of food. Very friendly and accommodating. Warm cosy room.
At the hotel, all rooms include a desk. All rooms at Batzarki include air conditioning and a closet.Guests at the accommodation can enjoy a continental breakfast.Guests at Batzarki will be able to enjoy activities in and around Avellaneda, like cycling.Bilbao is 12 miles from the hotel, while Castro-Urdiales is 11 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 14 miles from the property.
- Beautiful house run by a very friendly family/staff. the restaurant is very good, above the level of the restaurant you can fin around, but it is also a little more pricey. The breakfast is delicious, with a different think every morning. The room is very well decorated and absolutely spotless. The location is overall good.
- Traditional restored building with lots of character. Large comfortable room, very clean. Good food in the restaurant. Friendly and welcoming. Peaceful location perfect for walking or cycling. Bedrooms are upstairs, kid friendly dogs.
- The property is very pretty, I would definitely stay there again. The rooms are very pretty, and the decor of the hotel is very Spanish. The staff really look after you and make your stay enjoyable.
We loved this property, set amongst the hills, it was a great break from the city!
The toms are absolutely spotless, the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in.
The hosts were so lovely, we had dinner there for the 2 nights – the food was great! A home cooked meal.
If ever we are travelling this way again, would love to come back and stay!
- Très bel endroit, very good place. Très bon restaurant, very good restaurant. Accueil et gentillesse des hôtes, very welcoming hosts !
Rooms at Komentu Maitea feature wooden floors and original stone walls. All rooms are air-conditioned and heated, and offer a modern bathroom with a hairdryer and amenities.Guests of the Komentu Maitea can enjoy traditional Basque cuisine in the elegant restaurant. The hotel also has snack bar, spacious lounge areas and gardens.Surrounded by peaceful countryside, Komentu Maitea is just 9.3 mi from the Medieval village of Balmaseda and 25 minutes’ drive from Santurce Ferry Port.Bilbao Airport is 30 minutes away by car, and transfers can be arranged by the hotel. Reception can also arrange car hire, and there is free parking on site.
- Clean and spacious rooms. Lovely venue, has real character. Dinner in restaurant was fantastic, but not cheap.
- It was such a gorgeous property set in an idyllic country setting with beautiful mountain views. We loved our stay in this little gem in Basque country.
- A beautifully and respectively restored 17th century property in picturesque country side within 30 mins of the Guggenheim
The hotel and the visit there was absolutely perfect. The staff was very nice and welcoming, not all know english- but we managed to communicate well.
The room was very clean, wide and comfortable.
The bed was larg and soft.
The outside was dreamy! The view and area is super pretty.
We had a great breakfast
And one dinner- not cheap but worth the money.
The area of the property is good for traveling. 20 minutes from Bilbao city, 1 hour frome Bermeo and 1.5 hour from San-sebastian.
Thank you for a great experience!
A very beautiful and unique old building, which has been refurbished in a very tasteful way. The service personnel was extremely friendly, professional and helpful.
The food in the restaurant was among the best we had on the whole trip. The apple tart is one of its kind (probably the best I have eaten in my life 🙂 )..
Breakfast was simple but the quality of the products was very high!
Hotel Convento San Roque
Surrounded by the beautiful landscape of the Arcentales and Mena valleys, this tranquil rural retreat was originally known as the Monastery of Santa Clara and was originally built in 1666. Nowadays, luxury rooms and comfortable lounge space surround the ancient cloisters. After a relaxing day in the clean air you can return to the hotel restaurant to try some of the traditional Basque cuisine prepared in the kitchen’s oak oven and grill, which can be washed down with some of the best wines northern Spain has to offer.
- Overall pleased with hotel but very few facilities in town, adjacent.
- The building is incredible being 350 years old. The restaurant was excellent as was the service there by our waitress, although we couldn’t charge the meal to our room.
- Nice experience to sleep in old converted convent. Nice internal quad and really safe, easy and free parking. Nice little town to experience between the cities. Easy, safe, free parking.
- Well situated hotel in a stunning countryside setting. Walking around the environs was great, and the local people were incredibly friendly.
- This is a great little hotel that is really well placed within the small town, close to the centre. The building is beautifully restored with an amazing sense of history in the old timbers and staircase, worn away by the feet of the Monks who once inhabited it. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the buildings thick walls keep the temperature at a good level. On our arrival, the guy who checked us in could not have been more helpful. He arranged an extra room for my son without fuss and worked really hard to ensure we and other guests were well served etc. We would have loved to have dined in the restaurant as the menu look really good but sadly it was closed on the evening we stayed.
Hotel Rural Isasi
The Isasi is consisted of of a main building with a reading lounge. There is also an adjoining building that has rooms with private terrace and porch. The extensive gardens have cobblestone pathways and there is free Wi-Fi thorough all the property.Featuring elegant décor, all rooms come with heating, flat-screen TV and private bathroom with free toiletries.There is a bar-cafeteria where breakfast, lunch and dinner can be served upon request.Set in Gordexola, different activities can be done in the surroundings such as hiking, horse riding or rafting.Bilbao is 20 minutes’ drive away.
- Friendly host and a nice garden which provides great atmosphere and view away from the city. Good choice for a peaceful vacation.
- Basic but comfortable and spotlessly clean accommodation, comfy beds. Breakfast excellent and good value for money. Owner very friendly and helpful. Pleasant surroundings. Excellent stop over on the way to the ferry at Bilbao.
- Remote campus-like hotel with cabins and parking. Quiet with big space in the middle for social activities. Bar in the garden with decent vine selection. Breakfast was really nice.
- was very nice to get out of a very busy town specially with the celebration that last 8 days and found some peace in a family country side. they always have a BBQ celebration on Saturday evening
- La amabilidad de todo el personal. La limpieza. La tranquilidad. La comodidad.
Decorated in a rustic style, rooms feature beamed ceilings and warm tones. They each have a private bathroom with free toiletries.Breakfast at the property includes coffee, juice, jam and toast. Posada Calera’s restaurant is set in a bright dining room and offers á la carte meals and set menus. There is also a furnished terrace and free on-site parking.The area is good for hiking in the mountains, cycling and mountaineering, with Armañón Nature Reserve 4.3 mi from the property. The nearest beach, Playa de Oriñón, is a 30-minute drive away.Bilbao and Bilbao Airport are around 31 mi away. You can reach Bilbao by bus or from Villaverde Train Station, 0.9 mi from Posada Calera.
- Breakfast is fantastic!! The people was very friendly and the localization is great
- Nice rooms, friendly staff and good food. Plenty of parking to the rear and easy access to Bilbao ferry.
- We wanted a quiet village experience and this hotel stay was everything we hoped for. Although very little English was spoken, it was made up for by the hotel owners being so warm and thoughtful to us. We were served a great meal at a good price and our room was comfortable and clean. We were traveling by train and were driven to the station the next morning which was very much appreciated. Thank you so much for a memorable stay. We can highly recommend this hotel if you are wanting a peaceful stopover.
- Very nice rooms, nice hosts, nice village pub and very nice environment.
- Convenient location on our cycle tour. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Dinner was good. Breakfast was basic; good coffee and orange juice but madeira cake and toasted bread but no fruit.
Erreka-Alde features simple, traditional décor. Each of its air-conditioned rooms has a flat-screen TV.The Erreka’s restaurant serves traditional Basque cuisine including roast meat and seafood dishes. In the summer months, guests can dine on the terrace.El Regato has a pretty setting less than 0.6 mi from Gorostiza Lake. Bilbao is a 20-minute drive away, while the nearest beaches are within 12 mi of the hotel.
- Beautiful location not too bad for the trip to the port in the morning. Very nice food in the restaurant.
- Fair priced B&B in a lovely small village near Bilboa,more like a Swiss alpine village than Spainish. Basic clean room ,good continental breakfast,nice staff,easy parking,nice restaurant next door,will return.
- There was plenty of space in the room and in the shower room. The hotel was clean and quiet. The breakfast was outstanding with a large selection of bread, meats, pastries and more. The staff we met were pleasant and helpful. The hotel was only 20 minutes drive from Bilbao airport, not far from the motorway, and located in a peaceful village in the hills outside the city. The hotel restaurant meal was good.
- Lovely village location only 4 kms from metro on outskirts of bilbao. Fabulous staff and a nice calm setting away from the city. Went on a rugby weekend when there was nothing else available and was pleasantly surprised. Good breakfasts, on site parking and a bus in to bilbao if required.
- A pleasant, comfortable room. Good for a 1 star hotel. Some nice, simple bars in the village.
Hotel Naval Sestao
The air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Naval Sestao are decorated in soft natural tones and have wooden floors. Each room includes free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a stylish bathroom with a hairdryer.Hotel Naval Sestao has a bright, spacious café with a covered terrace. The elegant restaurant, Bolardo, serves traditional Basque food.The hotel has a quiet location, just 7.5 mi from central Bilbao. Urbinaga Metro Station is a 10-minute walk away and is just 2 stops from the famous Portugalete Suspension Bridge.
- The rooms were very spacious, clean, and comfortable, although there were no coffe/tea making facilities.
- Excellent accommodation and very helpful staff, rooms very generous and beds comfortable, bathrooms excellent size and everywhere exceptionally clean.
- In a slightly eerie industrial area, but this made it more fun. Right in amongst the ship building places. Odd and interesting and highly recommended.
- This hotel is in an odd post industrial location with a certain charm. A big plus is that it is a short walk from the metro into central Bilbao.
- Arrived very late (midnight). Was with friends but don’t know why other reviewers said it’s not safe. Would’ve been quite OK as a single woman ( with a dog)! Didn’t take breakfast but had a superb coffee in the cafe in the morning for 1.40€ beat that Starbucks!!! This is a great stopover and you need a car.
Rooms at the Sirimiri are exterior and offer lots of natural light. Rooms also have air-conditioning, heating and an private bathroom with a hairdryer.You will find a parking at the accommodations, places are limited and subject to availability on arrival.The Sirimiri is set a few feet from Atxuri Tram Station. From here there is quick access into the city center. The Santiago Cathedral and the Arriaga Theater are a short walk away.
- Good clean affordable accommodation in a nice location close to the old town!
- Good location on the edge of the old town, so on a quiet street but close to the action. Rooms clean and efficient staff.
- Great staff and service. Bed comfy and location to walk everywhere was perfect.
- The location was perfect for exploring Bilbao! The staff were so welcoming and helpful. The room was very comfortable and clean, and the breakfast was delicious! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to explore Bilbao.
Reception staff very good
So close to railway station and tram line
Easy walking distance everywhere
Top Hotels In Llantada Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Llantada Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Llantada Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Llantada Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!