10 Best Hotels To Stay In Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane – Top Hotel Reviews
Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Leikanger Sogn Og Fjordane:
Leikanger Fjord Hotel
All the traditional rooms at Hotel Leikanger Fjord have a satellite TV and a work desk. Most rooms feature stunning fjord views.Guests can rent a bicycle on site or follow the hiking trail from the hotel to Leikanger Church or Leikanger Mountain. Guests can also relax on the terrace.Meals and drinks are served in the restaurant and bar. A buffet breakfast is offered every morning.Leikanger town centre with its shops and cafés is located 1.9 miles away. The Jostedal Glacier National Park is a 40-minute drive from the hotel.
- A lovely location overlooking the Fjord with friendly hosts. The food and service was excellent. Lovely garden and balcony to relax. Our host was even nice to an Aston Villa fan!
- Great spot, easy access to sights very nice staff.
- Marvellous location, very helpful staff and local beer in the fridge. Nothing bad to say about dinner/breakfast either. Highly recommended.
- The room was very nice and spacious with spectacular views
Hotel is right next to the fjord. Location is great in the small and quiet city. I traveled by plane to Sogndal airport and rented a car so it was very convenient.
Rooms are in the good size and new. Toilet is great, just need to have the foot towel.
Buffet dinner is not included in the room rate, but price is very reasonable for Norway standard. Food variety is plenty covering all kind e.g. beef, pork, chicken, fishes, salad and dessert.
We met the property owner, who greeted us and so kind to provided travel information.
We feel fortunate to be able to book the hotel and cannot wait to visit the property again.
Satellite TV and tea/coffee facilities are found in all rooms at Sognefjord Hotel.Guests can borrow bicycles and explore the natural surroundings. Meals can be arranged in advance and served in Hotel Sognefjord’s traditional dining room.Staff can help arrange day trips to the Jostedalsbreen Glacier and the scenic Nærøyfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Both are within 1 hour’s drive.
- The hotel was great, amazing surroundings & excellent staff. I went out of season so the place was lovely and quiet. Getting to and from the place was so picturesque.
- The location is absolutely beautiful! Staff are very helpful.
- Frühstück war gut, Dinner auch. Allerdings bekommt man jeden Abend fast das gleiche Essen, da das Hotel wohl hauptsächlich auf Tagesgäste eingestellt ist. Küche hatte dann doch noch mal ein Schmankerl als Dinner für mich. Aber immer nett und freundlich, Kaffee gibt es zu jeder Zeit und das Essen ist gut. Habe ein wenig die Norwegische Küche vermisst. Lage einfach toll. Wäre jederzeit wieder für mich ein Anlaufpunkt. Bin zur Zeit 14 Tage mit dem Motorrad unterwegs und habe 3 Nächte dort verbracht. Alles in allem von mir 8 Punkte.
- Praktfull beliggenhet på et nes ut i Sognefjorden. Hotellet har en spennende historie som man kan gjøre seg kjent med gjennom en utstilling av fotografier og gjenstander. Svært imøtekommende og tjenstvillig personale.
- God og rikelig utvalg til frokost.Stille og rolig pga lite gjester akkurat da.
All guest rooms at Dragsvik Fjordhotel have a private bathroom and views of the fjord and surrounding mountains. Some rooms have a kitchenette.The Fjordhotel provides bicycle rental and access to laundry facilities. Guests can relax and mingle in the common lounge.Guests can enjoy relaxing walks in the surroundings, or go hiking or fishing. Located on the National Tourist Route along Gaularfjellet.A shuttle service via Esefjord to and from the village of Balestrand can be organised in advance for up to 8 guests. Balestrand centre is just 6.2 miles away.
- Beautiful location. This property is surrounded by breathtaking beauty.
- Lovely room with a great view over the fjord. Excellent breakfasts and helpful staff.
- Extremely helpful staff, really made our stay very comfortable
- The view in the room was wonderful, staff is very friendly.
- An outstanding hotel beautifully situated on a peninsula at the confluence of a number of branches of the mighty Sognefjord hence beautiful, beautiful views. Picturesque and dramatically beautiful drives in all directions from this hotel and no doubt walkers would be able to climb the slopes for even more dramatic views. Spotlessly clean, very comfortable, good food, very pleasant staff. I can’t rate this wonderful hotel highly enough.
All of Balestrand Hotel’s rooms have a seating area. Some have a balcony looking over the fjord, while others look back towards the mountains.A daily breakfast buffet is available. WiFi and on-site private parking are free. Free luggage transportation from Balestrand’s ferry terminal is also possible.Sogndal is a 1-hour drive from Hotel Balestrand, while Bergen is reached in 3 hours by car. The Nigard Glacier is within 2 hours’ drive.
- We chose a room without a fjord view. However, our room had an outside patio that was very comfortable and we enjoyed it throughly. The room itself is very lovely. Nice size bathroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Beautiful location with a beautiful view.
- Great location- Extremely friendly and helpful hosts
- For sure pay for the fjord view room. Very nice to have bag pick up at ferry. Very easy walk to hotel from ferry. Very helpful with food recommendations and help with questions even before we arrived. Even provide umbrellas when it rains because it does rain. Nice size of hotel away from the tour buses.
- Everything else! Fantastic location, beautifully decorated, helpful owners, the place was spotless, breakfast was good, I would highly recommend. Set in a picturesque little town with everything within walking distance.
- Good advice for what to do in the area from the front desk.
Best Western Laegreid Hotell
The neatly decorated rooms of Best Western Lægreid Hotel have wooden flooring, leather armchairs and a work desk. The spacious suites include a seating area.Lægreid Hotel’s à la carte restaurant serves homemade dishes, while chilled lager beers and ales are available at Lægreids Pub.Guests can enjoy a game of pool on site. Staff can help arrange activities such as fjord cruises, fishing excursions and hiking trips to the Jostedalsbreen Glacier.The cross-country and downhill skiing at Hodlekve Ski Centre is only 10 minutes’ drive away. Kaupanger Stave Church is a 7.1 miles away.
- Relatively big and clean rooms with armchairs, comfy bed, bath, nice view of the mountains. Good breakfast. The guy at the reception was extremely polite to us, gave us some change so that we could pay for the parking.
- Everything you’d expect from a high quality hotel room, though a bit small. Tiny fridge, but ok for storing milk and a handful of other items.
- The hotel is well located, close to the dock and city center. The staff was friendly on arrival and departure. The room was clean and I found all the amenities I can think of for a pleasant stay, an electric kettle, tea, coffee, a wardrobe, a TV set and a small desk for working. The breakfast was spectacular, with five kinds of cereal, herring, fruit, eggs with bacon and other things. The floor had a nice balcony.
- Sogndal is a very nice place to be! Very nice staff and very clean! Big and comfortable rooms.
- We got a very big junior suite facing the fjord. Decoration was warm. Dinner was excellent with personal explanation from the cheff. Very good breakfast too. Parking next to hotel entrance
Guest rooms at Kviknes Hotel are located in the modern wing, built in the 1960s. Each features a separate sitting area, work desk and cable TV. Many rooms have balconies with fjord views.Guests can admire the historic art pieces and antiques inside Hotel Kviknes. The on-site restaurant offers international cuisine and a well-stocked wine cellar. Guests can especially enjoy the fjord views from the dining room and terrace.Organised activities include wine tasting, cultural walks and day trips to area attractions such as the Urnes Stave Church. The surrounding area is ideal for fishing and hiking. Free public parking spaces are available close to Kviknes Hotel.
- Spectacular views and food was excellent. Service was outstanding. This is truely a five star hotel.
Very polite and helpful stuff at the reception, amazing location, very clean rooms.
I would like to espeacily thank the man in charge of breakfast, who let us in despide the fact we came a bit late. This hotel is a pearl!
Thank you very much! Hope to see you soon again!
- The staff were accommodating, the breakfast was lovely and the view was stunning.
- The hotel lobby has some interesting art and it is located right on the coast. May be a nice place in the summer, but not before May.
- This location is beautiful to say the least but for an affordable rate you need to work it a bit. The breakfast and the room it is served in is just elegant to say the least
A seating area and work desk feature in all rooms at Kringsjå Hotel. Some rooms have a private balcony with fjord views.Guests have access to a communal kitchen with a dining area. Breakfast and lunch packages can be bought on site.At Hotel Kringsjå, guests can enjoy a game of billiards and table tennis, or relax in the garden.Popular activities in the area include hiking, fishing and canoeing. Sogndal Airport is a 1.5-hour drive away.
- Great location. Great breakfast. Staff very helpful and friendly. Excellent view from room balcony. Washing machine and shared lounge and kitchens appreciated.
Beautiful views from the room.
Extensive common areas.
Good advice from staff.
Overall, an excellent place to stay.
- The front desk staff (son of owners?) was wonderful!! He made up an extra bed for our toddler, got ice for our cooler at the end of the trip, and was just incredibly helpful and kind.
- This place is all about the view of the Fjords. Rooms are compact and clean. The staff are amazing and super helpful on tips and ideas. The breakfast included is an added bonus.
- Very personal service from reception! Laundry room was great, balcony view super. Comfy bed.
Quality Hotel Sogndal
Flat-screen TVs, desks and private bathrooms are standard features in the Quality Hotel Sogndal’s rooms. Some include a sitting area or mountain views, as well as a balcony.Compagniet Restaurant serves a daily breakfast buffet with organic options. La Pergola specializes in Italian cuisine, and Dr. Hagen Café & Bar features an international menu.The staff at Quality Sogndal can inform on local activities such as glacier hiking tours.
- Decent sized clean and tidy room with bath and view of the town. For dinner we enjoyed burgers at their Vågal Burger & Gin restaurant, which had good service. We had breakfast included in our booking and enjoyed the great selection available. Unfortunately, we weren’t staying long enough to explore the hotel or town much, but enjoyed the time we did spend here.
- The reviews I’ve read here about this hotel prior to our visit mentally prepared me to expect a horrible experience, but after our visit I should say I really couldn’t find anything major to nag about – the staff was polite and friendly, the beds were comfy and the breakfast selection quite good. Free coffee and tea were available in the lobby at all times. And I had a delicious meal at the on-site Italian restaurant La Pergola. Overall a nice experience.
- Two quite good restaurants attached to hotel are very convenient. Staff at hotel and restaurants very pleasant and helpful
- Nice room & great breakfast. Modern and large bath room. Free parking at hotel.
- Great location across road from bus station. Nice restaurants in the hotel itself. Room was modern and clean. Reception were able to print out my boarding pass for which I was really thankful.
Midtnes’s modern guest rooms feature a telephone and a private bathroom. Most have a fjord-view balcony.The in-house restaurant serves Norwegian as well as international cuisine. In summer, guests can enjoy their meals on the fjord-view terrace.The fireplace lounge is an ideal place to relax and chat with other guests. Recreation options include billards and darts. Boats are available for rent on site.The English Church and the Glacier Museum are just a short walk from Hotel Midtnes.
- Just a very pleasant and comfortable place. Very good breakfast.
- The owner greeted us in a van at the boat from Bergen to transport our bags to the hotel, which was a nice treat. Our room overlooked the St. Olav church and the fjord – lovely. Although the decor is a bit basic, the room was comfortable, and we were pleased with the price we paid. Breakfast was fine.
- Loved this place and the owner/operator John as well as his staff. Everyone was polite, very professional and accommodating.
- Charming hotel a short walk from the tourist info center. Good breakfast. If you want a view, stay on the 3rd floor or higher on the fjord side. (Great views). We had a private deck that we utilized quite a bit. I would definitely stay here again.
- Amazing location and staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating. Wish we could have stayed longer!
Hofslund Fjord Hotel
Each light room at Hofslund Fjord Hotel comes with a desk, a flat-screen TV, and some even include a balcony.Rowing boats can be rented from the hotel, and a lawn area offers space to relax and enjoy the view over the water and mountains.Sogndal is 11.2 miles from Urnes Stave Church, believed to be the oldest stave church in Norway. Guests can experience glacier hiking on the Nigard Glacier 40.4 miles away, while fishing equipment can be rented on site for those wishing to stay in the area.Bergen is 3 hours’ drive from the hotel, and the town of Førde is a 30-minute drive away.
The host cheerfully resituated me into a room with a better view of the fjord upon request when I arrived and carried my very heavy luggage to the 3rd floor.
They were very accomodating to our requests and it was clear that guests’ satisfaction was their top priority. It was much more like family than a business.
My room was lovely and comfortable with a balcony that had an incredible view! It was a picturesque and relaxing place to enjoy my morning coffee and an enchanting panorama to take in while unwinding for the evening.
Staff was helpful and provided us the information we requested.
Location is good and we can walk to the city center.
Our room has a beautiful seaview.
Breakfast is good
- The staff were really friendly, and helpful we had a lovely welcome. Also the public areas were very comfortable and welcoming.
Good location with fjord view
- Excellent location by fjord. Free use of hotel rowing boat. Large lounge area
- The host cheerfully resituated me into a room with a better view of the fjord upon request when I arrived and carried my very heavy luggage to the 3rd floor.
Top Hotels In Leikanger Sogn Og Fjordane Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Leikanger Sogn og Fjordane. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!