10 Best Hotels To Stay In Laukiz Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Laukiz Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Laukiz Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Laukiz Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Laukiz Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Laukiz Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Laukiz Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Laukiz Basque Country:
Urban Loiu Hotel By Eurotels
The exterior facing rooms feature heating, a flat-screen TV, and a mini-bar. The bathroom comes bath or shower, shampoo, body soap, and hairdryer.The hotel provides a restaurant with characteristic Basque cuisine so that you can get a real taste of northern Spain and enjoy an alternative vacation destination.Staff at the 24-hour reception can provide information about what to see and do in Bilbao.
- Location- good for bus to Bilbao. The welcome, the knowledgeable staff ( food intolerances, onward travel on public transport, local attractions) the food quality ( especially local specialties at dinner) and the cheerful barman.
- Very friendly owner. Very good restaurant. Close to the airport.
- The room was clean and functional. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly
- The greatest value of the hotel is the location – it is less than 15 minutes away (if you drive very carefully) from Bilbao airport. Good option both when you arrive late and when you need to be there be there early in the morning. If you want to do some sightseeing in Bilbao you can find a room in the city at the same price so it is not a reasonable option. The hotel is located in the middle of what once probably was a Basque village and now is Bilbao’s satellite town (it rained so bad that we skipped sightseeing). The rooms are nice and clean, not too big but it seemed that they had mostly short stays in mind. I can’t comment on the restaurant as it was closed on the day we arrived but they directed us to another place nearby. I appreciated freshly made scrambled eggs (you need to ask!) for breakfast, however.
- The location was ok. It is very near to the airport.
Hotel Naval Sestao
The air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Naval Sestao are decorated in soft natural tones and have wooden floors. Each room includes free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a stylish bathroom with a hairdryer.Hotel Naval Sestao has a bright, spacious café with a covered terrace. The elegant restaurant, Bolardo, serves traditional Basque food.The hotel has a quiet location, just 7.5 mi from central Bilbao. Urbinaga Metro Station is a 10-minute walk away and is just 2 stops from the famous Portugalete Suspension Bridge.
- The rooms were very spacious, clean, and comfortable, although there were no coffe/tea making facilities.
- Excellent accommodation and very helpful staff, rooms very generous and beds comfortable, bathrooms excellent size and everywhere exceptionally clean.
- In a slightly eerie industrial area, but this made it more fun. Right in amongst the ship building places. Odd and interesting and highly recommended.
- This hotel is in an odd post industrial location with a certain charm. A big plus is that it is a short walk from the metro into central Bilbao.
- Arrived very late (midnight). Was with friends but don’t know why other reviewers said it’s not safe. Would’ve been quite OK as a single woman ( with a dog)! Didn’t take breakfast but had a superb coffee in the cafe in the morning for 1.40€ beat that Starbucks!!! This is a great stopover and you need a car.
Holiday Inn Express Bilbao
Rooms at the Holiday Inn Express are stylishly decorated in dark blue tones. They come with air conditioning and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.The Holiday Inn Express is 6 miles from Bilbao and buses leave from outside the hotel, with direct routes to the center. Guests can visit attractions such as the iconic Guggenheim Museum.A buffet breakfast is served in the dining room. There is a vending machine for snacks and a microwave available for use. Guests can also relax in the hotel’s lobby bar.
- Nice breakfast with a variety of choices. Large, clean room and bathroom with full size mirror in room and even Kleenex in bathroom; the only hotel we saw this in while traveling in Spain. Very comfortable stay!
- Very nice and clean room with bathroom. Booked this hotel as a stopover coming from Belgium heading to Portugal and like this we were also able to visit Gaztelugatxeko Doniene which was quite near.
- The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Free parking. There is a restaurant next to the Holiday Inn but it doesn’t open until 8pm. You cannot walk to the airport due to it being next to a motorway – there is a free shuttle bus to and from the airport, this takes about 5mins. You can also get into Bilbao city taking a bus from the airport – just remember to have 3 euro on you and that the last one from the city to the airport is at 10pm.
- Very convenient satisfactory overnight stay near airport
- I had one night in a hotel before I had a flight. The hotel is perfect if you need just stay a night near airport before flight. Stuff is very friendly. Free airport shuttle and very good breakfast makes a stay very convenient.
The rooms are bright and spacious and feature elegant décor. Each comes with air conditioning, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, safe, and a free bottle of water. The bathroom comes with free toiletries, magnifying mirror, bath or shower, and hairdryer.A range of characteristic Basque cuisine is served at the Harria restaurant. There is also a bar and terrace with bistro menu.Palacio Urgoiti is surrounded by a 9-hole Pitch & Putt and a 650 feet driving range. The beaches of the Costa Vasca are a 10-minute drive away.
- Very spacious rooms with lovely views in quiet location outside Bilbao.
- Lovely old country house. Full of character, it was raining when there so couldn’t appreciate the views fully but the old glimpse looked lovely. Would actually be convenient for an airport stay. The food was delicious.
- Friendly staff and good grilled vegetables to my room.
- The food was exceptional, very warm pool, fantastic views all round.
- Good size rooms and location outside bilbao. Pool was warm and great when weather was poor.
Set in Zamudio, 3.7 miles outside Bilbao, the Aretxarte is a modern hotel with superb, convenient facilities.Rooms at the Aretxarte are fully air conditioned, and feature a balcony where you can relax and enjoy the quiet.Take advantage of the free parking to drive down to Bilbao, including the world-famous Guggenheim Museum – the hotel’s tour desk can provide you with all the information you need.Enjoy tasty local food at the restaurant, including fresh seafood, where you can choose from a wide selection of Spanish wine.
- We liked the place and that there is a train near by to bilbao freqently. Breakfast was good. The room was clean but a little bit small to open 2 suitcases.
- Spacious room, delicious breakfast, great dinner in the hotel restaurant, free parking, fast wifi…
Great, updated lobby/restaurant! Had a sandwich there and it was delicious. Hotel staff is very thoughtful and caring. Some do not speak English but they went above and beyond to communicate.
Clean rooms with air conditioning!
- The staff were all extremly friendly/helpful, food was great & v good value & although we missed b’fast as it ended @ 9.30, there was a huge amount of yummy things to choose from all arranged along the bar area & great coffee, room was quiet, comfortable & beds were huge, lots of freebies in bathroom:)
- Spacious, very comfortable rooms. Nice bar/lounge area with excellent service. Lovely property/surroundings.
URH Palacio de Oriol
The rooms are equipped with satellite TV, small fridge, and safety deposit box. The private bathroom comes with a bath or a shower. Hairdryer and toiletries are provided.The property’s restaurant specializes in traditional Basque cuisine. It also serves a varied buffet breakfast, including a selection of pastries, cold cuts, fruit, and cereal.The hotel also offers meeting and banquet facilities, as well as laundry services. Private parking is possible for a surcharge.Bilbao can be reached in 15 minutes by car.
- This is a good place to stay for 1-2 nights especially if you are travelling on the ferries as it’s only 4-5 Km from the ferry port and it has an underground garage to leave your car in, great if it’s loaded up with luggage. It’s also good if you want to go into downtown Bilbao as there’s a train station just by the hotel and it’s about 15 mins on the train. The restaurant is OK for an evening meal, but there are others within walking distance if you want to explore.
- Once again I cannot rate this hotel too highly. After a very stressful experience with our car breaking down and poor customer service with the breakdown company we had to book in for a third overnight stay in as many weeks. The reception staff remembered us from the week before and made sure that we were as comfortable as possible, knowing that we had a very long drive home the following day. I wouldn’t stay at any other hotel in Santurce.
- This was our third stay at the hotel. This time we had a problem with our car which on arrival had to be towed away by a breakdown service. The following day the hotel was very kind and allowed us to keep our room until 2 pm while we were waiting for news on our car and also offered to phone the breakdown service on our behalf. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The reception staff have always been very friendly and helpful and it is very close to the ferry port.
- Great location. We stayed in a junior suite which was very tired and dated. Very hot in the room as none of the windows opened and the air conditioning was barely functioning. Bathroom was very modern and spacious. There was also some building work taking place which we were unaware of. Staff were quite friendly and food very nice. Not somewhere I would choose to stay again but as mentioned, a good location.
- Staff were great, breakfast very good, bed comfortable, room and bathroom very clean.
NH La Avanzada
NH Avanzada’s bright rooms have hardwood floors and colorful, functional design. They all include a minibar and a stylish bathroom with toiletries.La Avanzada’s Txipirón Restaurant features a terrace and serves modern Basque cuisine, including a varied buffet breakfast. There are also various typical tapas bars within a 5 minute walk.The hotel’s tour desk can provide information about the Basque region. NH Avanzada is within a 20 minute walk of Getxo Beach and Abra Marina. Negurí Golf Course is a 10 minute drive away, and BEC Convention Centre is 4 miles away. You can drive to Bilbao Airport in 10 minutes.
- Staff were extremely helpful and accomadating,rooms were comfortable and clean breakfast better than expected
- The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly but were unable to give adequate information. I have been offered some compensation.
- Just had the Continental Breakfast €6 for fruit juice, bread and coffee.
Modern hotel with plenty of parking, including underground, though you have to pay.
Rooms very modern.
- The room was nice and it was easy to get to the airport. We thought that the breakfasts were very overpriced, not particularly good and the dining room was like a work canteen. It was hard to park in the local town centre. We found a lovely beach at Gorlik about 30 mins drive away.
Hotel Ilunion Bilbao
All modern, air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Ilunion Bilbao include a mini-bar and flat-screen satellite TV. They also come with a private bathroom and a hairdryer.You can have a varied breakfast buffet at the hotel’s restaurant La Kedada Bar & Restaurant where you can also find traditional Basque cuisine. The hotel also has spacious lounge areas and a 24-hour reception with tour desk.Located next to Iturriza Casilda Park, Hotel Ilunion Bilbao is just 1,950 feet from Bilbao Fine Arts Museum and Euskalduna Conference Center. The Guggenheim Museum can be reached within a 15-minute walk.
- I like everything!!! Beyond our expectation. The room was very comfortable and relaxing and super clean. The staff was very helpful especially they helped us for early check in. Our overall stay was really great!
- The hotel is great, the facilities and staff is very friendly.
- Very clean and basic rooms. Good location to explore the city. Near good bars and restaurants. Helpfull staff. We thought it was easy to hear people in the corridor but guess ut depends where you are located.
This hotel is fantastic. Everything is spotlessly clean. Large bedroom and large bathroom with shower, comfortable large bed, nice lighting, with ample room for luggage, wardrobe hanging and desk spaces.
The location is great, about 1 min walk to the airport bus stop (at Gran Via 79) and 5 mins from the bus station. All that is reason enough to stay here when in Bilbao.
But even better, 40% of the employees of the hotel have some kind of disability, and the company is dedicated to social change for good. Why would you stay anywhere else?
- Car park was full so staff were very very helpful in finding a solution. Having checked in we wandered the locality found a friendly bar and enjoyed some draft beers on the street tables. The area was a hive of activity and we enjoyed people watching. Next day we drove to the Guggenheim, frankly we could have walked it in 15 mins. We enjoyed strolling along the riverbank and soaking up the atmosphere.
Ibis Bilbao Barakaldo
The air-conditioned rooms at the Ibis are bright and comfortable. Each room has cable TV, a desk and good-value Wi-Fi access.The Ibis Barakaldo serves a daily, continental buffet breakfast. Guests can dine in Brocheta-Bar and make use of the hotel bar, which serves snacks and drinks 24 hours a day.The Ibis is approximately 1.2 mi from the center of Barakaldo and has easy access to the Autovía de Mar Cantábrico Motorway, a 5-minute drive away. Bilbao Airport is a 20-minute drive from the hotel.
- It was easy to find using sat nav. Welcomed my dog
- Stayed here many times as ideal for ferry port. Very comfortable beds, very clean. Staff friendly. Parking secure and free. Car park can become full if ferry to UK is leaving next day. Large shopping mall close by. Simple meals cooked to order.
- The hotel is on the outskirts in the industrial-commercial zone, so one needs a car but we had one and that was the idea, to stay cheap and with free parking only 10 min drive away from Bilbao. The room was small but comfortable, the reception and bar areas looked really nice, the receptionists were friendly and warm, it did not feel like one of those road hotels. Try Mendi bar in Barakaldo nearby for breakfast or a snack, a really great place.
- It was useful to be able to shop and fill up with petrol.
If you are looking for central, comfortable, value for money, staff who like to please, GO FOR IT.
Will be back again to stay in three months time.
Petit Palace Tamarises
Rooms at the Petit Palace Tamarises are designed in an avant-garde style and most of them feature fantastic sea views from their own private terraces. All rooms come equipped with free WiFi internet access. Bathrooms feature hydromassage showers.Business meetings or conferences can be organized here in the event halls overlooking the sea.The town of Getxo features 6.2 mi of stunning coastline and picturesque surrounding countryside with forests and rolling hills. It is also a great destination for outdoor pursuits.
- Right across from one of the beaches. Nice breakfast. Great staff. WiFi.
- VG hotel with relaxed atmosphere and check in was no prob with hotel parking across the road and next to the beach which our veranda overlooked and so a great view if slightly industrial over to the left. Bar and restaurant attached with nice food, tapas and dinner menu all reasonable prices. We had a large comfortable suite and two toilets. the shower was excellent. 2 small bottles of Cava and chocolate were in our room free apart from stocked fridge.
- Parking was a little confusing but as much due our language difficulties. Although there is free on street parking it is a bit manic and many cars are parked within inches of the next.
- On the sea front. . Had great airy comfy,modern clean room with balcony overlooking the beach. Pet friendly. (Beach doesn’t allow dogs). Fantastic breakfast.(friend is a vegetarian.).?//. Lovelly helpfully staff.. Definitely stay again. Car parking available. On sea front.
- Hotel is nice, quiet in the night., very close to the beach. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was worth the money, great variety of healthy food. Only the coffee was an average quality (no frothy milk available).
Top Hotels In Laukiz Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Laukiz Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Laukiz Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Laukiz Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!