10 Best Hotels To Stay In Lake Valley California – Top Hotel Reviews
Lake Valley California is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Lake Valley California. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Lake Valley California. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Lake Valley California. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Lake Valley California right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Lake Valley California with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Lake Valley California:
The Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
One of our top picks in South Lake Tahoe.Showcasing a seasonal outdoor pool and hot tub, The Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe is located in South Lake Tahoe, just 2.6 miles from Patsy’s Skilift. The hotel has a terrace and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of coffee from your balcony or patio. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find free shuttle service at the property.This hotel has a private beach area and ski equipment is available. A range of activities are available in the area, such as skiing, biking and hiking. The nearest airport is Reno-Tahoe International Airport, 40 miles from the property.
- We forgot to put the ‘do not disturb sign’ on before leaving our hotel room in a hurry. Our belongings were sprawled out all over our beds and when we got back to the room hours later, we noticed our beds had been perfectly made and room cleaned!! We really appreciated it!!
- You really can’t beat the value for the location. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy, staff is super friendly, nice lobby and facilities. Best part: Peggy! They offer a free shuttle to Heavenly and other local bars, restaurants, etc. which was great while we were there since it dumped about 5 feet of snow. The shuttle ran until 11pm Fri and Saturday (maybe other days, but that was my experience) which really enhanced our stay in South Lake.
- The bathroom is terrible no sink inside and no any table to put ur stuff inside the restroom.
- The bed was comfortable and the room stayed very warm. Quiet place overall. The service was good.
The staff was super friendly and accommodated our requests. The shuttle drivers were friendly, helpful, and prompt. It’s walking distance to CVS, many restaurants and it is right on the lake. My only issues were that there was no toilet paper when we checked in and the bathroom could have been a tad cleaner, but it was fine. They brought us toilet paper as soon as we called. Also, the hot tub was luke warm, but that also could have been due to the cold weather?
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would easily book again.
Days Inn South Lake Tahoe
This South Lake Tahoe hotel is located within 1.8 miles from Horizon Casino and Heavenly Ski Resort. It features spacious rooms with free Wi-Fi.Guests at the Days Inn South Lake Tahoe can enjoy free access to the seasonal outdoor pool and year-round hot tub. Free guest parking is available on site.Cable TV and coffee maker are standard in every room at the South Lake Tahoe Days Inn. All basic rooms include a telephone with free local calls.A daily continental breakfast is served at the Days Inn and includes free coffee and juice.Regan Beach is 1.2 miles from the hotel. Bijou Golf Course is a 10-minute walk away.
- Location was good, but there a couple other motels next door which we will try next time.
- I am really impressed with the support, staff suggested right places to visit near lake Tahoe..
- No eggs. Great beds Room and water were warm. Breakfast was empty
- Very nice and quiet. Great sleep. Manager was very nice.
- Shower had great hot water! 23* out…also heater worked like a charm.
Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
One of our top picks in South Lake Tahoe.This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites offers accommodations in South Lake Tahoe. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms have a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. Certain accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as skiing and biking. Patsy’s Skilift is 2.2 miles from Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, and The Gondola at Heavenly is 2.6 miles from the property. Reno-Tahoe International Airport is 40 miles away.
- The staff knowledge of area, hospitality and all round helpfulness
- That they actually made gave me the hot tub I wanted and they went a little extra and set rose pedals on the bed!
- The bed was very comfortable and the bathtub was beautifully romantic!
- The hotel is nice and the rooms are beautiful. The hotel has no restaurant on site, but provides10% discount to a several good restaurants in the area.
- Spa bath was great, room overall was great. Free wifi was nice.
Best Western Station House Inn
One of our top picks in South Lake Tahoe.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Features a free cooked-to-order breakfast, this hotel also has a seasonal heated outdoor pool. Guest rooms have free Wi-Fi. The Montbleu Casino is less than a mile away.A flat-screen cable TV is available in each room at the Best Western PLUS Station House Inn. A small fridge and coffee-making facilities are provided.A hot tub is included for guest relaxation at the Best Western PLUS Station House Inn. A 24-hour front desk and 24-hour business center are available for guest convenience.A coffee shop, restaurant and cocktail lounge are all on site.Heavenly Mountain Resort is 2 miles from the hotel. Harvey’s Casino is a 10-minute walk away.
+two blocks off lake tahoe blvd, easy walking distance to dinner options
+complimentary hot breakfast in a proper restaurant
+said to have a spa you can use but we didn’t bring swimsuits (in winter)
- very good breakfast, clean everything, very well located.
- Food was good waiter was very good even though he was obviously busy.
- the food was great. the waiters were wonderful. the bed was very comfortable. the stay was perfect for us both.
- Neat, clean, spacious and one of the better hotels with great experience. Complimentary breakfast was good.
- +two blocks off lake tahoe blvd, easy walking distance to dinner options
Grand Residences by Marriott – Lake Tahoe
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Located in South Lake Tahoe in the region of California, 2.3 miles from The Gondola at Heavenly, Grand Residences by Marriott – Lake Tahoe features ski-to-door access and a ski pass sales point. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and DVD player. Some accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.A variety of activities are available in the area, such as skiing and biking. The nearest airport is Reno-Tahoe International Airport, 39 miles from Grand Residences by Marriott – Lake Tahoe.
- We stayed in the Studio queen room. The space was comfortable for my husband and I. All the staff were always two steps ahead to provide excellent customer service. The location is very convenient in the Heavenly Village and to the casinos. Loved the free activities and events they have for guests such as Bloody Mary bar, mimosas and donuts, cooking decorating, s’mores and more. Five stars all the way. We will definitely be back again!
- Our first visit we found the proximity to the gondola excellent
- Staff was extremely helpful and customer oriented. The location was perfect with plenty of shopping options, restaurants, groceries nearby, and gondola/ski rentals right outside the resort. No need to drive your car anywhere unless you go out to explore and enjoy the lake and scenery.
- Very professionally managed. Great facility and location.
- Great location with access to the Gondola at the doorstep.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
One of our top picks in Stateline.Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe is located in Stateline, 3.2 miles from South Lake Tahoe and 17 miles from Carson City. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Views of the mountains, lake or pool are featured in certain rooms. The rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find a 24-hour front desk, gift shop, and shops at the property.Ski equipment is available at this hotel and the area is popular for skiing. The nearest airport is Reno-Tahoe International Airport, 39 miles from the property.
- People are very friendly. Room service nonexistent. Room very basic. The view of the lake was spectacular.
- The hotel and casino was nice however we accidentally booked a “value” room and didn’t know it. We were in the back tower and it get more like a renovated motel. It was nice just awkward. I had requested a king room, it was our first overnight away after having a baby and we could only get a double room and couldn’t upgrade so it wasn’t ideal but the room was still nice.
- Great hotel, great casino, great food, great everything.
- Bed and view and basic setup, staff great on checking in
- Fantastic, friendly, helpful staff, views, comfortable room. Great decor all around the hotel. Great food in the restaurant.
One of our top picks in South Lake Tahoe.This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a seasonal outdoor pool and views of the lake, Hotel Azure is located in South Lake Tahoe in the region of California, just 2.7 miles from Patsy’s Skilift. The hotel has a barbecue and a ski pass sales point, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.This hotel has ski storage and free use of bicycles is available. A number of activities are available in the area, such as skiing, biking and hiking. The nearest airport is Reno-Tahoe International Airport, 40 miles from the property.
- Beds we’re super comfy, rooms were a good size and everything was really nice and clean.
- Over all great place to stay at, espacially if you ski in Heavenly.
- All staff members were super friendly and made sure we had everything we needed and more for a comfortable stay. We even got to borrow snow shoes as a complimentary courtesy. Staff made every interaction easy, hassle free, laid back, and pleasant.
- I was just there to sleep one night. In general, everything was fine. but the people who received us were not friendly at all. however the people who were there when we check out were very friendly.
- Very clean room. Great location to activities in central SLT.
The Coachman Hotel
One of our top picks in South Lake Tahoe.Showcasing a seasonal outdoor pool and hot tub, The Coachman Hotel is located in South Lake Tahoe, just 2.6 miles from The Gondola at Heavenly. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is concierge services at the property.The area is popular for skiing and biking. The nearest airport is Reno-Tahoe International Airport, 39 miles from The Coachman Hotel.
The breakfast was amazing for complimentary!
Would stay again for the muddled raspberry syrup and fresh waffles!
The toilet seat warmer was our favorite in room feature lol also enjoyed the ice cream sandwich , tv and bar area in reception area.
- Everything about this place was great. From the decor throughout; both in the bedroom and the very comfortable reception area, to the friendly staff, the outside fire pits and the beer at happy hour. Located just 5 minutes walk to the Heavenly Gondola very well situated.
- Friendly, homely and personal hotel where the staff couldn’t do enough to help. Lovely lounge bar area with lovely fires and fire pits. Lots of good wines and beers – happy hour was fab😀
- It’s a cute place, but there is something about it that just felt cheap. Looks way better in photos than in person. Staff seemed over worked, working the front desk, the bar, and helping clients with problems in their room.
- I like the decoration of the room and lobby. Everything looks well designed and lovely. I like there is no space under the bed so my cats won’t hide under the bed which is really nice.
- The breakfast was amazing for complimentary!
Americas Best Value Inn – Casino Center Lake Tahoe
One of our top picks in South Lake Tahoe.This property is a 8-minute walk from the beach. Located less than 10 minutes’ walk from Heavenly Village in South Lake Tahoe and Nevada casinos in Stateline, this inn features a continental breakfast and free WiFi is included.A cable TV is included in each guest room at the 100% non-smoking Americas Best Value Inn – Casino Center Lake Tahoe. Upper floor rooms offer a balcony and deluxe rooms offer a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.Free coffee is provided in the lobby. BBQ facilities and picnic tables are also available.A free business centre and self-service auto care area are located on site. A seasonal bicycle rental is offered and free private beach passes are available. On site massage services are available.Beach access on Lake Tahoe is less than 5 minutes’ walk away. The Edgewood Golf Course Clubhouse is 5 minutes’ drive away.
- Theresa at the front desk was especially friendly and helpful – like a small town innkeeper who cared about her hotel and her guests!
- Great location. Desk staff very nice helpful. room was clean. Microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Simple breakfast.
- I don’t eat much so breakfast was great and bed comfortable.
- There system is not cordinat between front desk and housekeeping, they don’t know wish room is clean, and wish room is not clean
- I liked how we were able to play loud music and were never bothered about noise.
The Alder Inn
One of our top picks in South Lake Tahoe – and a guest favorite.
Located just a 5-minute drive from Stateline casinos, this South Lake Tahoe boutique hotel features a seasonal outdoor pool and year-round hot tub. The rooms include spa bathrobes.Wine glasses, a wine opener, a Keurig coffee and tea-making machine is provided in each uniquely-decorated guest room at The Alder Inn. A small fridge and microwave are also included for convenience.Free bicycles are available for guest use and ping-pong is available at The Alder Inn South Lake Tahoe.Lake Tahoe is less than a 10-minute walk away. The Gondola to Heavenly Mountain Resort is 1 miles away.
- The management of this location is very professional and has a warm attitude. When I selected the room on the booking.com, the pictures of the accommodation popped up with an extra lounge bed, i was very excited about it as i had our toddler joining us. When we got there the room did not much but the landlord understood our position , she was enough nice and professional and accommodated as in a desired room. She even offered us extra sheet and pillow. The room have gas hitters which is good and doesn’t make the air dry. Our stay with Alder Inn was very pleasant and meet our expectations. Thank you Laura for your service we will definitely come back again! the location is perfect! Thank you!
- Warm welcome at the reception desk. The room was very clean and well appointed, with everything we needed and nice touches. loved the plush blankets and robes and a dip in three jacuzzi heated to 104° while there was snow outside. a short 10 minute stroll to the Lakeside. Less in the opposite direction to the Blue Angel Café where we got a warm welcome and hot, comforting meal.
- Comfort and cleanliness of the room, fairly new bathroom
- We were in need of a first level room and they were able to accommodate us. Parking was nice. We were not able to use the spa this time, but it looked really inviting! Staff was very nice.
- The property was central, quiet and clean. The room was comfortable and spacious. The staff were all super helpful and friendly, always happy to help and suggested great places to see as well as dine. The hot tub was an awesome addition to a couple of nights on the road. Would definitely stay here again if visiting South Lake Tahoe. 🙂
Top Hotels In Lake Valley California Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Lake Valley California to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Lake Valley California but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Lake Valley California. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!