10 Best Hotels To Stay In Lagrán Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Lagrán Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Lagrán Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Lagrán Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Lagrán Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Lagrán Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Lagrán Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Lagrán Basque Country:
Hotel Sercotel Villa de Laguardia
Hotel Sercotel Villa de Laguardia offers spacious rooms, with wooden floors and attractive décor. All air-conditioned rooms have flat-screen satellite TV and a work desk. Facilities are available for guests with reduced mobility.The hotel’s El Medoc Alavés restaurant offers guests à la carte cuisine, including local dishes and grilled meat. There is also a café-bar and terrace, where guests can enjoy views of the hotel gardens, and a wine corner, where guests can taste the local wines.The on-site spa offers a range of treatments, based on wine and oil therapies.The Villa de Laguardia is 28 mi from Vitoria-Gasteiz and a 90-minute drive from Bilbao and Pamplona. You can reach Logroño in 20 minutes by car. Free private parking is available on site.
- The food and wine were fabulous. The proximity to the village was good.
- Nearly Everything, the staff were fantastic, rooms comfortable, pool and garden lovely, the town was beautiful and we had the start of the fiesta too.
- Good location for the old town. Room ok. Stopped here before so we must have found it ok. Food good
- The location and how friendly and helpful the staff are. They do a great Gin and Tonic!
- Good location, only five minute walk into the old town.
Hotel Castillo El Collado
Stay in your very own magic castle for your vacation. The Hotel Castillo El Collado dates back to the 1900s and its decor is designed to help you escape into your fairytale. The boutique hotel has 10 rooms, each decorated distinctly – balancing original features with fabulous details.Beds may be decorated with canopies and heaters have been brought over from the old movie sets of Diana Logrono.Located in the walled village of Laguardia-Rioja Alavesa, you can walk around the site on the footpath and admire views over the Sierra de Cantabria. Climb the tower of the Collado Castle to enjoy views from a privileged position and with a glass of the hotels wine.Dine in the lounge and dining room of the Collado Castle. Carefully prepared recipes are beautifully presented and source fresh, local produce.
- Lovely room and bathroom, great old castle to stay in. We loved the town it is in.
- Beautiful castle with amazing views of the country side below
- It was a beautiful hotel. The beds were very comfortable. It had a large bathroom with good water pressure.
- The receptionist who greeted us ( I think her name was Anna) was extremely nice and welcoming. She even carried our bags up and served us tea! It was so nice, especially because my husband was sick with a virus (she did not know that) but it was very nice to be welcomed in such a kind way. Our room, views, breakfast was perfect! I recommend staying here, you will be very happy, and the restaurant down stairs is great also.
Very good restaurant in the lovely village of Laguardia
Hotel Villa de Ábalos
The hotel is set in a traditional 17th-century house. The building includes original stone and wood. The house has a library, a garden and a terrace.Villa de Ábalos is in the heart of the La Rioja Alta region, surrounded by vineyards. The green areas are ideal for hiking.The Villa specializes in wine tourism. Wine-tasting and visits to wineries can be organized by the hotel. Typical Spanish meals are offered at the hotel restaurant.Agoncillo Airport is only 22 miles away. Haro and Laguardia are located within a short drive.
- A great relaxing place in a great location, amazing food and lovely staff, would highly recommend, thanks to Jose Luis for a great stay
- Breakfast was great, room was large, there was easy parking and an elevator to get to the rooms.
- Fantastic breakfast. Very friendly staff. Great food for dinner and also tapas. Very good value wine – from 1 euro a glass. Lovely restored building in a beautiful location in the Rioja valley.
- The hotel, accommodation, facilities, parking, dinner, breakfast and the staff were simply exceptional in every way and we look forward to a return visit.
- We stayed here before & wanted to return hopefully in sunny weather, unfortunately it was raining again. The hotel is quirky with lovely tapas & a great selection of wine. A lovely relaxed place to stay & pleasant owner & staff.
Casona del Boticario
Spacious heated rooms feature hardwood floors, a flat-screen TV and private bathroom with free toiletries.Breakfast is included, with the option to order it in your room. The property also offers a shared lounge and a tour desk. You can enjoy cycling and hiking in the surrounding countryside. Bilbao Airport is 52 mi away.
- The place was amazing such a great find.The owner was lovely and this made our stay even better. Her proffesionism and kindness was fantastic. Would definetly return and recommend to friends and family.
- The rooms were very comfortable, the hotel was elegantly furnished and the views were stunning.
- Excellent stay. Free Parking close by. Breakfast included was very generous. Room comfortable and we had a great view of the city and mountains with small balcony. Would go back again!
- Very nice old town house and very friendly owner, always willing to help and attentive with her guest.
- Had wonderful breakfasts and hosts (owners) were extremely helpful and made us feel at home, in their home.
Villa de Elciego
This cheerful hotel has a charming bar and restaurant where you can relax and chat with friends. Enjoy the bright and cheerful interiors of the Villa de Elciego and an inviting seating area where you can unwind after a day of activities in the surroundings.Take an afternoon siesta in your spacious room, then freshen up before heading down to the on-site restaurant where you can sample traditional cuisine.The Elciego is located near the area’s 18th-century, Santa Maria chapel and is in a peaceful area with other family homes – some built in a traditional style.
The location was very good and the hotel had its own restaurant. There were other bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk.
The area at night was really lively and friendly.
- Great location for visiting bodega marquez de riscal
- Nothing much, the breakfast was only available after 9.30 am which is of no use at all. No wi-fi and no air-con which during summer months is a must .
- Central Rioja. Very close to Laguardia – a more interesting town. Friendly staff.
- It was in a lovely part of the village and easy to get around.
- The location was very good and the hotel had its own restaurant. There were other bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk.
Comfortable and spacious guestrooms come furnished with cool wooden flooring. All are covered by a free Wi-Fi internet service. Other on-site conveniences include free parking. Business facilities include meeting rooms with ample natural light.The Malvasía Restaurant serves a buffet breakfast every morning. At lunchtime and in the evenings you can choose from a range of 60 different dishes from the surrounding region, all made with the finest fresh, local produce.
- clean, modern, helpful front desk Especially Ms Pilar . well supplied bar\restaurant.
- The friendliness and efforts of Vanessa at the front desk.
- Clean overall, although the staff did fail to clean our room after the first night. Reception staff were friendly, helpful and informative.
- I liked the friendliness of the staff. The fact that we were able to have our dog with us and then to be able to leave her in the bedroom whilst we ate in the restaurant. We were able to exercise the dog without the heavy traffic in the centre of town. So for us the Zenit was perfect.
- The ferry to from Portsmouth to Santander was 5 hours late so we finally checked into the hotel in Logrono at 3 a.m. after a three hour night drive! The night desk guy was pleasant and helpful if a little slow, although he did make us a hot chocolate! We liked the large room and en suite bathroom. Bedroom was for three persons – not necessary for the 2 of us – but beds were comfortable. Parking was in an outside parking area, not secured but fine and better than street parking. We had a roofbox on the car so our vehicle was too high for the majority of local hotels with only underground or street parking. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Hotel Rural Los Roturos
Each room is heated and offers a seating area with a desk and TV. The private bathroom has a shower.The hotel also features a shared lounge with a TV. Upon request excursions can be organized.The Izki Golf Course is 20 minutes’ drive from the property and Vitoria is 17 mi away. Pamplona is 53 mi away.
- Perfect location along the Vía Verde Vasco Navarra Trail and a comfortable place with great dinner and bar.
- Los Roturas was excellent value for money. Prices were low but the quality of this place in terms of cleanliness, helpfulness and enthusiasm on the part of the owners, especially Katia, was outstanding.
- A wonderfully local Spanish experience! Everyone involved were very friendly and extremely helpful. Great food. Highly recommend this property.
- friendliness of everybody from locals to all the hotel staff
- Had lunch which was a great experience.Food and staff really nice.
Catalonia Las Cañas
The air-conditioned rooms at the hotel include central heating, as well as free Wi-Fi, a safe and satellite TV. The bathrooms are equipped with a bath and hairdryer.The property’s restaurant, Los Fogones de Kasildo, serves a buffet breakfast, and a range of international cuisine, from cold salads to grilled meats, from Monday to Saturday at lunchtime. In the evenings and on Sunday, you can enjoy the Gourmet Corner, where hamburgers, salads, tapas, snacks and desserts are served.Las Cañas offers a small fitness area, and has a business center and conference facilities. Free on-site parking is available.
- Located far from Camino route on a retail site comfortable clean with room with helpful staf
- Clean modern rooms, secure underground parking, charming helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Will stop here again.
- Great breakfast. Awesome surprise to find a little present when I came back to my room on my birthday!
- The room was comfortable and clean. The buffet breakfast was good value
- I liked that the property was located between Viana and Logronos, however the location is far from any restaurants, bars, etc. The mall had a cafe and a restaurant, however it did not open until 9pm. Fortunately the mall had a grocery store inside and we were able to purchase premaid salads, etc.
Los Calaos de Briones
Each spacious room at Hotel Los Calaos de Briones has brightly colored décor, and some rooms feature beamed ceilings and four-poster beds. All accommodations has heating, a desk and a flat-screen TV.Rooms offer views of the Sierra Cantabria or La Demanda Mountains, the town of Briones, or the surrounding vineyards. Some have a balcony.Los Calaos’ à la carte restaurant offers a set menu, including local wine. Gluten-free menus are available. You can later relax in the hotel’s lounge.The surrounding area is ideal for hiking, cycling, fishing and horse riding. Valdezcaray Ski Resort can be reached in 20 minutes by car, while the Basque coastline, Bilbao and San Sebastián are within 87 mi of the hotel.
- Warm, Friendly, Helpful information provided on local area, walking distance to Vivanco Wine Museum. Clean Excellent condition.
- We had no breakfast as they only served it after 9.00 and we had to leave before that time. The bed was small and not comfortabel. The views from the room were very nice.
- The view of the Rioja valley from our room was absolutely breathtaking! I loved the modern design in such an old-world setting. And the staff were very helpful, kind and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel.
- The view from out room to the beautiful viniers and the great hospitality of the owners and the locals I recommend to everyone
- New and freshly decorated with comfortable bed and linen. Spacious and new bathroom. The room very small and very hot as there was no a/c or fan. There was a blind but having that down the room became so dark and so much smaller as it cut of a good portion of an alcove where there was one chair and one small table. Difficult also with the morningsun coming straight into the room.
Hospedería Señorío de Briñas
This hotel, with its eye-catching stone façade and elegant arches, is set in a 17th-Century building, combining history and modern facilities. It has a charming garden.Designed to suit all tastes, the Señorío de Briñas offers a choice between well-equipped, avant-garde rooms, with air-conditioning and heating, or traditional period rooms.The hotel has a small spa area which features a hot tub and a sauna, which are available for a surcharge. Wine therapy treatments are also on offer.Rent bicycles at the hotel to explore the picturesque surroundings. Use the free Wi-Fi connection to plan your visit down to the last detail.
- The gentile service and the breakfast. The accommodation including our room was also beautiful.
The rooms are beautiful, each with its own individual touch, and the bed and linen are very comfortable.
Service was friendly, and both dinner and breakfast (and the wine) were tasty and fresh.
- We loved that Briñas overall is very remote and quiet (that’s what we looked for). The property is very authentic in design and feel, clean, homey and the staff really goes the extra mile in making the stay as great as possible. They organized wine(-tasting) tours for us, recommended restaurants, etc. The breakfast is also very diverse and tasty. We really look forward to going back!
- The staff in particular Ricardo make us feel very welcome and do everything they can to help us.
- Beautiful old property, furnished in period style. Feels like stepping back in time. Excellent breakfast. Great place to stop and explore La Rioja.
Top Hotels In Lagrán Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Lagrán Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Lagrán Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Lagrán Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!