10 Best Hotels To Stay In Izarra Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Izarra Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Izarra Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Izarra Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Izarra Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Izarra Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Izarra Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Izarra Basque Country:
AS Hoteles Altube
Featuring a restaurant and free Wi-Fi, hotel AS Altube is located next to the AP68 Motorway. It is a 20-minute drive from Bilbao and the Basque coastline.The French border, and Santander and Bilbao’s ferry terminals can be reached in 90 minutes by car.The air -conditioned rooms at AS Altube have central heating, a desk and a private bathroom.Nearby attractions include Gorbea Nature Reserve, the Orduna Mountains and Vitoria’s old town.
- Accomodation at a reasonable price on a motorway! This was our first time in similar accomodation outside the UK. So we would repeat if the need arose. Evening meal was a menu de dai’ type which offered a fair selection of starter, main and dessert at a good price – even the wine was. We’ll done AS Hoteles
- Evening meal was good, as was the breakfast. Staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful.
The evening meal was extraordinary considering the price, standard meu del dia started at 13.95, 3 courses plus bread and a glass of wine said the meny – there were 2 of usand wewere given the bottle (things like steak were a few euros extra) but it was great to see veg on the plate as well.
The place is just by the notorway and is ideally suited for those catching a ferry from Bilbao or Santander the next day
- As we were travelling a long way the fact that we could get up early and get breakfast was most convenient.
Proximity to auto pista, and short drive from ferry terminal.
Efficient heating system, room soon warmed up.
Powerful shower, although with no curtain couldn’t avoid making the floor very wet.
In all, for the price, a good overnight stop on way to ferry.
Offering fantastic views of the surrounding countryside, this charming hotel is located in the town of Murgia. It offers a café-bar, a tour desk and rooms with free Wi-Fi.Rooms at Hotel Nagusi combine modern and rustic décor furniture and feature warm tones and soft fabrics. They all come with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Featuring a privileged location, Hotel Nagusi is 9.3 mi from Vitoria-Gesteiz and 16 mi from Bilbao.You can also visit the Gorbea Nature Reserve.Bilbao Airport is 31 mi away.
- Fantastic hotel. Very clean, bed and pillows super comfortable. Spacious room. Staff is amazing, helpful. Good breakfast.
- The owner Jose and his wife were so friendly and helpful
- UNBELIEVABLE dinner! Maybe the best meal I had on our entire trip through the Basque Country! The owner was so friendly, helpful and accommodating. The room was huge with comfy bed, nice modern bathroom – we even had a kitchenette which we did not get to use much but had we stayed longer, would have been useful.
- A family-run hotel with all the good things that implies. They were very kind and helpful and also suggested interesting activities – the Gorbeia Park is a must and so are the Romanesque churches around and, of course, Vitoria Gasteiz – Alava deserves to be better known by tourists. The place is great and so are the people. Many thanks to Montse, Jose, Ruben, Eduardo! And also many thanks to Iruti (I hope I am not misspelling her name), the very nice lady specialising in the history of art, who is a great guide for the Romanesque Alava!
- The stuff there is simply amazing. La gente del hotel es genial!
La Casa del Patrón
La Casa del Patrón can be found in the village of Murgia, close to Gorbeia Natural Park. It has free Wi-Fi, wooden floors and air conditioning.The rooms in the Casa del Patrón all have satellite TV and private bathrooms.The restaurant offers a changing fixed-price menu during the week. The café has a terrace and offers tapas and sandwiches as well as a range of drinks.The Gorbeia Natural Park is the largest in the Basque Country. It is popular with walkers and climbers. Vitoria is just 12 mi away, while Bilbao is about 30 minutes’ drive away on the AP-68 motorway.
- Lovely small town with convenient parking. Warm and welcoming staff and Tapas bar in hotel has super choice and is cost efficient….or Full dinner in restaurant is ample and service efficient and friendly. Our two Pets welcomed and rooms always sparkling and comfortable. A Favourite!
- This place is very nice, friendly people, although you feel their real business is the restaurant and the hotel part, is just an add on. The place is clean and provides its service, no doubt, and the value for the money is invaluable.
- Have stayed at the property every year for the last 12 years and every time we visit they have improved the hotel
As always, reception efficient and friendly, multi lingual too. Great dinner in restaurant and Tapas bar before hand
always has a good selection in a casual atmosphere. Rooms and bath room first class and stylish Location excellent
and easy to find.
- Central, clean and comfortable. Reception in morning very helpful and made good suggestions on places to go.
Hotel Balneario Orduña Plaza
Located in the heart of Orduña, the hotel is set in a neoclassical style building dating back to the 18th century, where each corner evokes history mixed harmoniously with the contemporary facilities.The building was formerly used as the access control point of merchants and goods between Bilbao and Castile. Nowadays, the wide terrace over the archways of the magnificent former customs house provides the perfect setting for pure relaxation. The rooms offer an avant-garde style and boast hydromassage baths.The spa, with mineral-medicinal water from the Muera de Arbieto spring, offers the latest health and beauty techniques. At the restaurant you will find traditional Basque cuisine with a creative twist, and the bar offers a selected range of “pintxos” (tapas).
- I was looking for a place to stay the evening before going to the Nervion waterfall. I found the Hotel in Orduña a small village. The Hotel is in a massive stone building, the rooms are big and modern with a high ceiling. The bed was good, the staff friendly, check-in was easy.
- La historia y restauración del edificio, la ubicación, buen menú informal en el bar
- lo mejor, el personal muy agradable, y la ubicación.
- El personal es muy amable y el edificio auténtico. Como balneario muy bien
- Me encantó el trato hacia el cliente, todos muy amables y atentos, el sitio es perfecto y 100% céntrico. Repetiremos. El desayuno es buffete y lo recomiendo si o si, muy variado y natural, también te pueden hacer cosas en el momento, todo muy rico.
Hotel Restaurante Aldama
Hotel Restaurante Aldama is located in the center of Amurrio, 19 mi from Bilbao. The hotel is surrounded by gardens and beautiful natural scenery, and offers free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.All rooms at the Aldama Hotel are heated and come with a private bathroom. There is also a flat-screen TV and a telephone in each room.The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Basque cuisine and offers a daily set menu. There is an outdoor seating area attached to the restaurant where guests can eat in the hotel’s gardens.Gorbeia Nature Reserve, where you can find the Gujuli Waterfall, is 30 minutes’ drive from Aldama. There is a Basque Gastronomy Museum in Llodio, 6.2 mi away.
- The young lady at reception was wonderful. The evening meal was great value. The little balcony off the back bedroom was a treat in the glorious sunshine. We would love to stay there again and parking was safe.
- Not far from the motorway, easy to find. Nice dinner & good set you up for the day breakfast. Fifty minutes by train right into the centre of Bilbao – Handy for sightseeing.
- Comfortable hotel and friendly helpful staff. Great on site parking
Receptionist was very pleasant and helpful she makes a nice coffee and very much needed.
The breakfast was fine but unfortunately didn’t have the time to enjoy as I had the ferry to catch.
- This was our fourth stay here and it fully lived up to what we have experienced in the past.
Saiaritz offers air conditioned accommodations located in Amurrio in the Ayala Valley, 19 mi away from Bilbao.Each room at this hotel comes with terrace, TV and a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Vitoria-Gasteiz is 22 mi from Saiaritz, while Castro-Urdiales is 25 mi from the property. Bilbao Airport is 17 mi away.
- Beautiful location and scenery. Very relaxing. Comfortable room
- Very friendly staff and our room was perfect for us on the ground floor.
We were amazed at the quality of the design, both interior and exterior. Fabulous position with some of the best views of the mountains in the Gorbeiako Parke Naturala. What a great find, we could not believe our luck.
The owner greeted us and made us feel immediately at home.
He and his sister own the bar and restaurant next door, were we eat that night and had a great breakfast the next morning.
Conversations with the owner and his sister, revealed how very proud they are of their facilities and how they have been in their family for several generations.
We could only stay for one night but wished we could have stayed for longer.
We will definitely call in again on our return journey.
- Very nice, clean, modern rooms. Welcoming and caring staff
- Very friendly owners who welcomed us. Room was modern and well equipped. Scenic area en route to ferry terminals at Bilbao and Santander. 1 hr and 1.5hr away from hotel. Food wholesome and home cooking. Breakfast good too.
Casa Rural Etxegorri
Located in the Gorbeia Nature Reserve, Etxegorri Landetxea offers fantastic views of the Orozko Valley. Its elegant rooms come with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The rooms feature smart, modern décor and wooden furniture. Some have a hydromassage bath and others have a balcony and fireplace.The hotel serves a daily breakfast in the dining room. Traditional Basque dinners are also available on request.Staff at Etxegorri Landetxea’s reception can provide information about the Gorbeia Nature Reserve. There are many beautiful hiking routes in the surrounding area.With easy access from the AP68 Motorway, the hotel is 30 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. Vitoria-Gasteiz Airport is around 45 minutes’ drive away.
- The staff was amazing and the room was excellent and clean! The view is just breathtaking! I recommend it !
- Breakfast and dinners, everyday something else and all fresh where possible from their own garden , good beds, beautiful view, very nice people, comfortable rooms rooms, muy agradable
- Family-run hotel with excellent breakfast and set menu with local and fresh dishes. Served in a warm atmosphere.
- The great location at the entrance of the Gorbea park. We loved the diners with local products.
all food is home made, a bit expensive, but very good
it is a small village in front of a HUGE hill! The view is marvelous
stuff is extremely friendly, even if some do not talk english, we manage to comunicate in a mix of poor spanish (my side), poor english and portuguese (their side) and all worked very well
Hotel Ruta de Europa
Hotel Ruta de Europa is located by the AP-1 Highway, only 4 miles from central Vitoria. There is free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour cafe and a large parking lot.Rooms at the Ruta de Europa are simple and practical, with heating and air conditioning. They have a full, private bathroom.The hotel restaurant accommodates over 400 people and offers a menu and daily fixed menus. The Ruta de Europa also has a 24-hour front desk and an ATM machine.The on site parking lot covers 6 acres and offers affordable private parking.
- Conveniently located by major highway leading to San Sebastian and France. Staff was very attentive and helpful. Room was very spacious and clean.
- The room was unusually spacious. And, as we had an early start next morning, the 24-hour breakfast service was most appreciated. And the fact that the lobby had a small shop selling local produce, wine by the case and other drinks came as a welcome surprise.
- The location was fine although the instructions only worked when travelling north. The room was small but clean.
Perfect location, 24hr reception and bar, fabulous restaurant
For traveling through Spain its the perfect stop
- Food on tap anytime of the day,food and wine to buy for our onward journey.Very kind reception and canteen staff excellent.
El Coto Hotel Restaurante
The charming El Coto Hotel is a characteristic Basque country house set in the Júndiz Business Park, 3.7 mi from Vitoria-Gasteiz. It offers free WiFi and free on-site parking.Rooms at the Coto are bright and offer lovely views of the quiet gardens and surrounding countryside. Each one has a private bathroom, flat-screen TV, and heating. Old wooden beams and stone walls combine with contemporary finishes.Each evening you can enjoy the local dishes produced with fresh vegetables from the hotel’s own garden. Packed lunches can be requested and breakfast is served from 07.00.Vitoria-Gasteiz Airport is around 6.2 mi from the hotel. Bilbao is a 45-minute drive away via the AP68 Motorway. La Rioja Alavesa is 25 mi from the El Coto.
- Room and food excellent and great value, friendly and helpful staff and a good location near to the motorway
A much nicer place than one expects to find in the industrial park area.!
Nicely appointed rooms, with great bathrooms and a good bed.
Quiet and restful.
The restaurant… well, I ate in the bar area, which was ok…but it seems that there is a much nicer restaurant which seemed closed.
The evening meal was forgettable and the only language spoken Spanish.! Seemed strange in an area with every international forwarding company warehouse close by.
The food itself was a small dish with beef stew into which a dozen french-fries were heaved.!
The tomatoe salad was good.
It sure sounded more appetizing on the handwritten menu.!
So… maybe it was my choice or the fact that the hotel was not very full..?
Breakfast was a much different affair.
The server was quick, efficient and courteous. Spoke English and the food was good.
So..NO to dinner, YES to breakfast.
On top of it…the restaurant bill was too high for the single dish food.
A very well run, clean, comfy, modern with traditional interior. Unasuming exterior.
- The host was nice, the room comfortable, and the food at the restaurant good. They had a nice garden and beautiful wheat fields next door.
- a tiny village that has been swallowed by development but is still enjoyable. staff made every effort to make our stay pleasant.
Holiday Inn Express Vitoria
Holiday Inn Express Vitoria is located next to the Jundiz Industrial Park, less than 10 minutes’ drive from Vitoria-Gasteiz. It offers free parking and easy access to the A1 Motorway.The air-conditioned rooms at the Holiday Inn Vitoria feature contemporary décor, a flat-screen TV and a kettle. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer. Wi-Fi access is available at an extra cost.Holiday Inn Express Vitoria offers a daily continental breakfast, and there is an on-site bar. The hotel has a 24-hour reception.Vitoria-Gasteiz Airport is a 15-minute drive from the hotel and Bilbao is 40 mi away.
- Great breakfast for the value. Kind and helpful staff.
- We booked two rooms and they were clean. The couch was missing a mattress, but we never complained as we never used it anyway. Breakfast was good (with typical cold Continental menu) and had enough options for the price.
- 15 minutes from the town very quite and clean, restaurant across very good and convinient
- Excellent location near highway that leads to France. Staff was very professional and courteous. Good continental breakfast. Room was clean and free any odors. Overall, a great value.
- The staff were friendly and always helpful, easy access to the city of Vitoria and surrounding highways, very quiet and peaceful stay, spacious comfy rooms, good value for money. Had all the basics we required.
Top Hotels In Izarra Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Izarra Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Izarra Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Izarra Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!