10 Best Hotels To Stay In Hollum Ameland – Top Hotel Reviews
Hollum Ameland is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Hollum Ameland. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Hollum Ameland. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Hollum Ameland. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Hollum Ameland right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Hollum Ameland with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Hollum Ameland:
Fletcher Resort-Hotel Amelander Kaap
One of our top picks in Hollum.Fletcher Resort-Hotel Amelander Kaap is situated on the west coast of Ameland, close to the dunes, the beach and the sea. Take a dive into the pool and relax in the sauna.Play tennis on the tennis court or check out the 9-hole golf course next to the hotel. Visit the sauna, solarium and the indoor swimming pool to relax.This Fletcher hotel has an à la carte restaurant where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the brasserie/lounge you can sit by the open fire. Play darts and eat tasty snacks in the bar.The island of Ameland offers you plenty of activities. You can go for walks and take beautiful bike rides right from the hotel.
- The breakfast was complete and good. The room was relatively big. Perfect location.
- Friendly stuff. Great food. Nice and cozy room. Swimming pool 😉
location and coach transfer from and to the ferry are great.
Hotel is very close to the center and close to the beach.
- nice food, good breakfast, nice pool, bike rental just outside the door.
- nice clean, large room, breakfast was good, environment is just great
One of our top picks in Hollum.This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a sauna and a playground, Hotel Dolores offers accommodations in Hollum, just 18 miles from Leeuwarden. The hotel has a terrace and views of the garden, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. There is a coffee machine and a kettle in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Terschelling is 18 miles from Hotel Dolores, and Schiermonnikoog is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 45 miles from Hotel Dolores.
- Cosy and thoughtful breakfast; nice and clean room.
Breakfast service in the rooms
- Clean room, nice shower and the coffee machine in the room was a great addition. All hotels should do that.
- Excellent hotel and friendly staff. Rooms are comfortable and spacious but need some refurbishment. Loved the well stocked breakfast basket and excellent facilities in the room to make coffee and tea. Nice quiet area but just a few steps away from the center of Hollum with restaurants and shops.
- Good comfortable beds. Neat bathroom. Nice breakfast
One of our top picks in Hollum.This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. Hotel 1761 is located in Hollum, 17 miles from Leeuwarden and 18 miles from Terschelling. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms include a flat-screen TV. Every room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.Schiermonnikoog is 22 miles from Hotel 1761, and Sneek is 28 miles away. Groningen Eelde Airport is 45 miles from the property.
Good location, very kind staff and nice breakfast and dinner.
Jacuzzi on the room was a nice touch.
- Small, but very comfortable, well-equipped room, very clean!
- Good breakfast but a bit expensive. Room was a bit too small. However: good dinner for a fair price, friendly staff and perfect location.
We did not have breakfast, but dinner, which was delicious, but more than we would normally pay.
The style in and outside the restaurant is beautifully done.
- Quaint and quirky /room v small but exactly as described big comfortable bed good sized spotless bathroom great shower lovely toiletries. Great area outside for relaxing and watching the world go by. 2 minutes walk to centre of village staff lovely would recommend highly
- Good location, very kind staff and nice breakfast and dinner.
de Walvisvaarder van Ameland
This property is a 14-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, de Walvisvaarder van Ameland offers accommodations in Hollum. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is provided.Leeuwarden is 18 miles from De Walvisvaarder, and Terschelling is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 45 miles from de Walvisvaarder van Ameland.
The hostess went out of her way to make me comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and when Gera discovered I liked cappuccino for breakfast she made me one or more each morning. The rolls were fresh and divine. The room was tastefully decorated, clean and the shower was just right. Briefly: home from home!
Gera phoned the council for me when I lost my OV chip card, an essential travel card for the Netherlands and it was found! Anorher proof how low criminality is there. I know the island very well having stayed there for holidays and weekends since my childhood and it w as nice to be back to visit family. The weather was gorgeous!
- The Hotel was excellent We flew over in my light aircraft had a wonderful weekend
- the owners go out of their way to make you feel at home. the hotel is in the heart of Hollum and only an 15 minutes walk to the beach
- The host was very kind and helpful and ironed my shirt, since we were attending a wedding party in Hollum.
- De bedden waren uitstekend , kamer met balkon. Jammer dat het nog steeds ruikt naar sigaretten , en dat met parfum word gemaskeerd wat een vreemde geur teweeg brengt.
- The hostess went out of her way to make me comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and when Gera discovered I liked cappuccino for breakfast she made me one or more each morning. The rolls were fresh and divine. The room was tastefully decorated, clean and the shower was just right. Briefly: home from home!
The Sunset Apartments
One of our top picks in Hollum.This property is a 11-minute walk from the beach. Hotel Pension Ambla is located in Hollum, just 18 miles from Leeuwarden. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea from your terrace or balcony. Every room has a private bathroom. Superior rooms have a spa tub or a sauna.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Terschelling is 18 miles from Hotel Pension Ambla, and Schiermonnikoog is 22 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 45 miles from Hotel Pension Ambla.
a very rich breakfast with fresh bread, eggs, etc.
the location was excellent and near good restaurants
very friendly owner
- The staff are very friendly and willing to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Additional requests like a clothing iron are no problem. Rooms are very clean with a lot of light. WiFi is better than most hotels offer.
- Good and friendly staff, perfect location, beautiful view, lovely room.
- Wat een ontdekking dit pension!! Onze studio was absoluut fantastisch, met een heel royaal zitgedeelte dat weids uitkijkt en een heerlijk terras. Wij waren er in november, dus niet echt terrasweer, maar wij kunnen ons helemaal voorstellen hoe dat in de zomer moet zijn. Absolute rust en ruimte en toch op loopafstand van heerlijke restaurantjes en terrasjes. Ontbijt is super en de eigenaars zijn heel erg vriendelijk en geven er net dat persoonlijk nootje aan.
- Frau und Herr de Jong, sind wunderbare Gastgeber…Alles zum Wohlfühlen und zur vollsten Zufriedenheit
- a very rich breakfast with fresh bread, eggs, etc.
One of our top picks in Ballum.Located in Ballum in the region of Ameland, 17 miles from Leeuwarden, Hotel Nobel features a sun terrace and views of the garden. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. For your comfort, you will find slippers and a hairdryer.You will find an ATM and shops at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Terschelling is 20 miles from Hotel Nobel, and Schiermonnikoog is 20 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 43 miles from Hotel Nobel.
- Perfect location, friendly staff, bike rental nearby, good breakfast, just great.
- The terrace from the bar is charming as well as the staff.
the breakfast was excellent, the restaurant is very good, only a limitate in choice on the menue.
The staff is very helpful.
Friendly and attentive service. Good food in a very relaxed environment.
The Church Suites are ideal for a Group of friends
Proximity to Beaches & Strand Pavilions
- The purpose of the trip was to relax and enjoy in a quite place out of the city, and was perfect for that.
Van Heeckeren Hotel
In the center of Nes on the island of Ameland, Van Heeckeren has a beach club, a cafe, and a restaurant. It offers modern rooms with a French balcony or terrace and free Wi-Fi.All of the rooms at Van Heeckeren Hotel have flat-screen TV, a minibar and tea/coffee-making facilities. They also have a bathroom with a bathtub or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries.The sandy beach is 1.4 miles away. Van Heeckeren Hotel is a 20 minute walk from the ferry to Holwerd. Hollum is 10 minutes away by car. Free parking is available on site.Van Heeckeren Restaurant is 500 feet away and offers 3-course dinners. The Grand Café is also situated here and specializes in lunch dishes, finger food and cocktails. It has a heated terrace.
- Comfortable room with nice bed, shower, and seating area. Very friendly staff at check-in.
The Van Heeckeren Hotel is a very stylish and well equipped hotel. The rooms are spacious with excellent beds. The use of Rituals products is simply amazing and the coffee is really good!
The location of the hotel is simply perfect! It is right in the village center, close to all the shops and restaurants. It is just a mere fifteen minute walk to the beach, awesome!
Furthermore, the early check-in was great (01:00 PM instead of 04:00 PM) and the late check-out (11:00 AM) just gives you some extra time to sleep in and pack your belongings.
Shortly: amazing hotel, great location, awesome products, heavenly beds!
- Everything was perfect. The breakfast was excellent . Friendly and really helpfull staff. We enjoyed every minute.
Nice comfy room with appealing design and modern layout with open plan bathroom. Room was very clean and included a coffeemachine with fresh ground coffee.
Also coffee, tea and cookies at the reception available all day without extra charge is a nice gesture.
The interior decoration of the hotel, a lot of wood which gives it a warm feeling.
Within walking distance to bars, restaurants and shops.
not a big hotel and the price was good.
WestCord Hotel Noordsee
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a playground and views of the garden, WestCord Hotel Noordsee is located in Nes in the region of Ameland, just 17 miles from Leeuwarden. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.The rooms have a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some units include a sitting area where you can relax. Enjoy a cup of coffee from your terrace or balcony. Every room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is business center, room service, luggage storage space and a shops at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Terschelling is 24 miles from WestCord Hotel Noordsee, and Schiermonnikoog is 16 miles away. Groningen Eelde Airport is 40 miles from the property.
- We loved the room, it had a nice kitchen and the view was great. We also loved the pool.
- nice hotel to stay with family in family rooms or suite
- Really nice staff, yummy breakfast and nice grounds
- All you can expect from a 4-star hotel. Comfy bed, good room facilities. No complaints.
The apartment was cozy. It was set-up very room efficient and there was enough room for everybody. we stayed with 4 adults/friends in the room and it was fine.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. You can rent bikes at the hotel, and the center is very close.
It is only a 6 min bike to the beach and, stores,restaurants, cafes and disco in a 5 min walk.
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Hotel Nes is centrally located on Ameland and has just been refurbished. Less than half a mile from the beach and the village Nes. The woods and dunes are also nearby.The hotel is ideal as a starting point for a biking route (we have biking routes available) to the Oerd (natural area on the eastern part of Ameland) or the Lighthouse in Hollum. Ameland is an interesting area to wander around or to just enjoy the beach.Nes Hotel has a sauna and a solarium.
- The hotel also has bikes for rent, to get around on the island.
- Stayed only one night in the hotel, but it was very nice, clean, the room was very conformtable, good for 2 people, you could rent a bike there (though a bit cheaper to do it outside), take an umbrealla and etc. The good thing is that you can regulate the heeting in the room.
- Good location,secure storage for bikes.Good choice of food at breakfast time. Upgrade to comfort room. Friendly staff.
- Warm welcome, comfortable room, nice place to eat over the road and 5 minutes walk to town.
- A very good ambiance and very nice to make your own eggs at the breakfast table :).
Hotel Bos en Duinzicht
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the garden, Hotel Bos en Duinzicht is located in Nes. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. All rooms include a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is provided.The hotel also provides bike rental. Leeuwarden is 17 miles from Hotel Bos en Duinzicht, and Terschelling is 24 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 40 miles from Hotel Bos en Duinzicht.
Rooms were all different
We could pack a lunch.
Large choice of breakfast items
Bikes for rent
- Amazing breakfast with more than enough to pack a lunch too! (Bags even provided!) Family room with mezzanine sleeping area and balcony perfect for a relaxing break on Ameland.
- Friendly easy going people and a nice room. The possibility to rent a bike at the establishment was nice. Very close to both the village center as the forest/beach.
The breakfast was extremely well organized, including a possibility to make your lunch for later — perfect. If there was anything you needed, you could just ask and they will do the best to make it happening. The rent of bikes for only four euros a day was really nice as well.
An evening at the bar (prices were quite reasonable!) includes nice conversations with the other guests, you could play games or watch tv, or just have a nice chat with anyone who was around at the time, they did their best to make that comfortable and ‘welcoming’ as possible.
The location is great, real close to Nes and real close as well to the beach. Everything you could need on your holiday, just around the corner.
Super Breakfasts with option to take food for later-in-the-day.
Very calm and relaxing venue.
Friendly staff who were easy to communicate with .
Superby situated, very close to the Beach and also the Town (Nes).
- Rooms were all different
Top Hotels In Hollum Ameland Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Hollum Ameland to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Hollum Ameland but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Hollum Ameland. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!