10 Best Hotels To Stay In Highlands North Carolina – Top Hotel Reviews
Highlands North Carolina is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Highlands North Carolina. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Highlands North Carolina. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Highlands North Carolina. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Highlands North Carolina right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Highlands North Carolina with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Highlands North Carolina:
The Park on Main Hotel
Located in Highlands, 30 miles from Cherokee, The Park on Main Hotel features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking.A flat-screen TVwith satellite channels, as well as an iPod docking station are available. Some accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Bryson City is 30 miles from The Park on Main Hotel, and Seneca is 29 miles away. Asheville Regional Airport is 45 miles from the property.
- The bathroom was spacious and wonderful towels. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed meeting and talking to Kevin. The rooms are beautiful and loved all the huge paintings and the fireplace – so cozy.
- Beautiful Hotel! More than exceeded our expectations and our dog’s expectations! We took our pets on a weekend getaway and what a wonderful hotel to stay in. This hotel caters to you and your pet whereas other ‘pet friendly’ hotels make the owner feel like they are being ‘punished’ for wanting to travel with your fur babies. That is not the case at Park on Main. You and your pets will not be disappointed! Everyone feels pampered.
- Very warm comfortable hotel more like a b&b. Having continental breakfast each morning was fast and convienent. Super clean hotel and friendly knowledgeable staff. Exceeded our expectations
- Absolutely delightful from the beautiful lobby to the staff to our beautiful room! Will definitely stay again here! Loved it!
- Love the location, so close to shopping and restaurants in town. We didn’t travel with a pet, but my daughter loved all the dogs!
The Chandler Inn
The Chandler Inn is located in Highlands, just 29 miles from Cherokee. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bryson City is 29 miles from The Chandler Inn, and Seneca is 29 miles away. Asheville Regional Airport is 45 miles from the property.
- The breakfast was excellent!!! Food & fellowship!
- It was a much needed relaxed atmosphere w/excellent customer service. We actually had personal service w/breakfast on a tray in our room since we were a little late getting to the eating area.
Very comfortable, Hostess and Host very friendly. excellent breakfast..Room was very comfortable.
Didn’t need air conditioning.
- Breakfast was really good; we ate there everyday; Staff was really good, feel like we made friends; would go back to stay with our new “friends.” Close enough to town that we take a nice leisurely walk into town. Great place to visit/stay.
- The breakfast was outstanding. Delicious, hot and ready when we were. Bed was extremely comfortable. The proprietors were very friendly and made you feel at home.
Mitchells Lodge and Cottages
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the lake, Mitchells Lodge and Cottages is located in Highlands in the region of North Carolina, just 30 miles from Cherokee. Free private parking is available on site.Some units feature a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is available.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Bryson City is 30 miles from Mitchells Lodge and Cottages, and Seneca is 29 miles away. The nearest airport is Asheville Regional Airport, 46 miles from Mitchells Lodge and Cottages.
- the room was spacious. the staff was very kind. the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies were good.
- Staff is excellent. Scenery is gorgeous. Perfect getaway.
- The location is excellent, very close to town. Really liked the wood burning fireplace in living room and full kitchen. Secret place, pond, and ducks were nice touch. Staff VERY friendly. Nice hot shower. Heater sufficient. Continental breakfast included hard boiled eggs. Decaf coffee as well as regular!
- Loved the friendly atmosphere and the continental breakfast.
- Beautiful grounds and surroundings. Very relaxing. Everyone in office extremely friendly and informative . Will be back!!
Half Mile Farm by Old Edwards Hospitality
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Half Mile Farm by Old Edwards Hospitality offers accommodations in Highlands, just 29 miles from Cherokee. Free private parking is available on site.Every room at this inn is air conditioned and features a TV with satellite channels. Some rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes, slippers and free toiletries.There is concierge services at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as fishing and canoeing. Bryson City is 29 miles from Old Edwards Half Mile Farm, and Seneca is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Asheville Regional Airport, 45 miles from Half Mile Farm by Old Edwards Hospitality.
- Everything! The staff is amazing, the grounds were amazing, breakfast was fabulous (chef’s choice), the proximity to town is close-by, it’s off the beaten path, and so much more.
- Absolutely beautiful – the room, the inn, the property. Wonderful bed. Delicious breakfast. Everyone of the staff were so nice and helpful. Cannot wait to return soon.
- Very nice place we stayed at the cabins very romantic
- This property was beautiful. Room nice and cozy. Breakfast served was outstanding. Staff was so nice and helpful. Will definately come back….
- We stayed in one of the older rooms for night 1. it was pleasant and clean but we wanted to upgrade the balance of our stay. we got one of the new rooms and it knocked our socks off–beautifully and thoughtfully designed and every imaginable feature–the shower (in the bathroom with heated tile floors) had 6 sprays!
Main Street Inn
Main Street Inn is located in Highlands, just 30 miles from Cherokee. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this inn is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature views of the garden or city. Each room has a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Bryson City is 30 miles from Main Street Inn, and Seneca is 29 miles away. The nearest airport is Asheville Regional Airport, 45 miles from Main Street Inn.
- The lady on the front desk was very nice and helpful.
Bed was wonderful, comfy, fluffy, snuggly! A great nights sleep. Our room had everything we needed, including being able to open a window at night. (2nd floor)
This wasn’t our 1st stay so I expected what we got, happily!
Restaurant food and ambience in restaurant was very good.
- Simple well cleaned rooms. Was in guest house behind main inn. Comfortable and surprised no other guests in or around the guest house.
- The restaurant at the hotel was great just a little pricey.
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers – Sapphire Valley
Situated among the Blue Ridge Mountains, this Sapphire Valley hotel is 10 miles from Gorges State Park. It features an indoor pool, continental breakfast and rooms with a 25-inch flat-screen TV.The spacious rooms include in-room movies, a refrigerator and microwave. A work desk and a lounge chair with an ottoman are provided for added comfort.Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley offers a concierge desk and a gym. Guests can relax by the large stone fireplace in the lobby or visit the convenience store for snacks and drinks.Whitewater Falls is less than 30 minutes from this Cashiers Hampton Inn and Camp Merrie-Woode is 1.5 miles away. Other nearby activities include white water rafting, hiking and skiing.
- The view from my room was amazing, If I was a writer I could have wrote the perfect book. Breakfast was amazing and was something to look forward to each morning. Rooms where amazing and the beds very comfortable. hands down I will be returning
- Friendly and courteous staff. Comfortable beds. Great location, just across the street from the ski resort and restaurants.
Bed and pillows were not comfortable.
Staff were pleasant.
- Inattentive front desk clerk. Shower door was off the hinges after being checked in late. No info on local restaurants or attractions. This used to be my favorite destination, no more. Too expensive. Pool was unappealing. Not as clean as I’d have liked.
- Loved the front desk service super friendly helpful staff!
Gateway Inn & Suites
Featuring free WiFi and a hot tub, Gateway Inn & Suites offers accommodations in Dillard. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units have a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Helen is 28 miles from Gateway Inn & Suites, and Franklin is 14 miles away.
- The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The location is a little bit questionable, but I still felt safe. The building is older, but the rooms were still very clean. And the bed was very comfortable!
- Friendly staff, clean and cozy rooms (furniture not new, but fine), heater system work very well. It was very good in the end of December. Breakfast not very rich, but enough to be full – cereals, scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits, waffles, fruits, e.t.c. I left message about our preference (that rooms will be close to each other). They missed it. But big thanks for mister on reception, he figure out this problem with his wife immediately!
- Everything smelled clean and the room was very nice. We didn’t get a chance to eat breakfast, but it was available to us.
- Management was friendly and helpful. The entire place was clean and inviting. The breakfast was just the right amount of food, but lacked any fruit. The Manager told me the owners were committed to keeping the place up and planned to make improvements and upgrades in the new year.
- clean, friendly, roomy, a/c and heater worked good
Mountain Valley Inn
The Mountain Valley Inn is a 15 minute drive from Black Rock Mountain State Park. This hotel features an outdoor pool on site and offers a daily continental breakfast.A microwave and refrigerator are provided in every traditionally decorated guest room of this Dillard hotel. Guests will also enjoy cable TV with HBO in all rooms.A children’s playground is available on site at the Mountain Valley Inn as well as meeting facilities. Guests can also enjoy a snack or a drink from the vending machines.Central Dillard is less than one mile south of this hotel and the border of North Carolina and Georgia is less than a 5 minute drive away. The Sky Valley Golf Course is 6 miles away.
- The location…close to restaurants & Very Quiet!
- Beautiful location and comfy beds. Great playground for kids.
- Everything clean, bed was comfortable, roomy , good location
Very friendly staff. We arrived very late (1 AM) when it was 17° out. The actual office was closed, so we walked up to the help window outside. The receptionist saw us freezing and let us inside the lobby to check in. After our stay, we left a backpack behind in our room. We weren’t even a mile down the road when the same receptionist called us to let us know we left our backpack.
This hotel not only is afforadable in a high tourist area, but it has a beautiful view and a beautiful staff.
Stay here!!! Very clean and friendly.
- Very clean room, comfortable beds, friendly staff, great price
Comfort Inn Franklin
In the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Comfort Inn hotel is only 15 miles from the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad. This hotel is minutes from area attractions like Southwestern Community College, Western Carolina University and Franklin Golf Course.The hotel is central to many of the gem mines you can explore if you don’t mind getting a little dirty. Franklin is a small mountain town surrounded by beautiful streams, waterfalls, mountains, hills and valleys. Visitors can enjoy white water rafting, kayaking and canoeing in the nearby Nantahala River, Tuckasegee River and Pigeon River. Fishing, boating, golf, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, picnicking and tubing are just a few of the outdoor recreational activities close to the hotel.Additional attractions in the area include Harrah’s Cherokee Casino, the Appalachian National Scenic Trail, Nantahala Outdoor Center, Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, the Cherokee Indian Reservation, Blue Ridge Parkway and Cataloochee Ski Area. A variety of restaurants is in the surrounding area. Several shops and restaurants are within walking distance of the property.Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot options, making breakfast at the Comfort Inn the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors.Guests are invited to enjoy the many amenities, including free local calls, free weekday newspaper and free coffee. Guests can also enjoy the exercise room and indoor heated pool.Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, a business center and access to copy and fax services. Competitive corporate rates are available.In addition to standard amenities, some guest rooms include refrigerators and microwaves. The hotel also features rooms with mountain views. Non-smoking rooms are available.
- Staff was great, beds were comfortable , rooms were very clean.
The lady at the front desk helped me print a few items, which I greatly appreciated.
She went above and beyond to help me.(older lady with glasses)
- Pretty comfortable in this hotel. Things were clean and well kept.
- Breakfast crew was fabulous….friendly and ever so helpful!
- It was clean and very nice I booked here because we had a snowstorm and our college age children needed to be able to get to finals and the roads in the community where we live were impassable without 4 wheel drive
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin offers accommodations in Franklin, just 22 miles from Cherokee.Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms have a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Maggie Valley is 30 miles from Microtel Inn & Suites Franklin, and Bryson City is 19 miles away. Asheville Regional Airport is 52 miles from the property.
- I loved the room the staff and the breakfast was sufficient for me. The shower was cracked and the shower head wouldn’t stay still while showering and separated all over the floor. It was clean though
- It’s a nice clean place to stay and not overpriced.
- Everything was good. The lady at service desk helped us load our car, which we greatly appreciate.by both of us including Gracie my service dog.
- Needed room updates completed. Got rid of the live in construction workers whom negatively impacted Microtel Inn. The new owner, property manager(s) and all staff A+++!
- Have used this facility before and found it quite comfortable and convenient for our purposes. Breakfast is adequate but leaves a lot be desired as does the VERY limited, and cramped seating (3 tables)
Top Hotels In Highlands North Carolina Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Highlands North Carolina to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Highlands North Carolina but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Highlands North Carolina. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!