10 Best Hotels To Stay In Herriko Plaza Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Herriko Plaza Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Herriko Plaza Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Herriko Plaza Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Herriko Plaza Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Herriko Plaza Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Herriko Plaza Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Herriko Plaza Basque Country:
The Hesperia Balneario Areatza is set on the outskirts of the Gorbea National Park, 30 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. Set in gardens, it features a spa and free Wi-Fi.Rooms at the Balneario Areatza are spacious and have contemporary décor. All rooms have a TV, mini-bar and a desk.The hotel spa offers a range of treatments including hydrotherapy, facials and wraps. There is also a hot tub, spa and steam baths.The Balneario’s Aizea restaurant serves a range of buffet cuisine, while the Lur restaurant offers a variety of Basque dishes.The hotel has free, on-site parking for its guests. San Sebastián and Vitoria-Gasteiz can be reached in approximately one hour, by car.
- The staff at the bar was very nice and also the pintxos + snacks & drinks were good. The surroundings were nice for hiking.
- Bed was fine! Location ok, enough parking. Wifi had mixed reception, not superb but good enough.
- The location is amazing, the original spa dates back to 1843 although of course it is now completely modern and well maintained. There are pictures of the historical Villaro thermal water source and it makes you feel immersed in history as well as very, very relaxed.
- Big, comfortable and clean room. Very good and nice service.
- La comida que habia en el buffet espectacular,casero y muy rico
Ellauri Hotel Landscape SPA – Adults Only
This design hotel features an original 13th century tower, and offers facilities such as free WiFi and parking. It has a peaceful country setting surrounded by parkland.Set within the beautiful Gorbea Natural Park, just a short drive from Bilbao and Vitoria-Gasteiz, the well-equipped Ellauri also has a convenient airport transfer service.Enjoy a restful stay in your well-lit, soundproofed rooms, which come with a spacious terrace where you can admire the surroundings.The Ellauri Hotel- Adults only’s building is composed of stone, wood and glass. It houses colorful, sophisticated interiors, including a cafe and terrace.Spend the day exploring the impressive landscapes. You can enjoy cycling, as well as horse riding and hiking.Do some quiet reading in the library. You can also enjoy delicious regional meals at the hotel’s restaurant.
The owner was quite helpful in pointing out local hiking trails. Unfortunately we were not able to go on the hikes because of weather conditions.
Dinner was very good. We had the hake. For a starter we had tuna and tomato salad. Very good but we should have asked about salads with more greens. Dessert of apple crumble was delicious but needed a bit more ice cream to come out even.
- Hotel is in peaceful location surrounded by beautiful countryside. The proprietors are lovely and couldn’t do enough for us. We had breakfast and dinner, both of which were to a high standard, particularly dinner which we thoroughly enjoyed. Would hope to return one day.
- The room was beautiful! Beautifully designed, spacious and nice views. Large breakfast with lots of choices, also for vegetarians. Owners try really hard to make your stay a pleasant experience and they are truly nice people!
- The food was perfect in the restaurant. Room was big and comfortable with fantastic view. Good airco. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. After 30 minute drive you have a very nice hiking area.
- The owners could not do enough for us. Great peopl
- The owner was quite helpful in pointing out local hiking trails. Unfortunately we were not able to go on the hikes because of weather conditions.
Casa Rural Etxegorri
Located in the Gorbeia Nature Reserve, Etxegorri Landetxea offers fantastic views of the Orozko Valley. Its elegant rooms come with free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The rooms feature smart, modern décor and wooden furniture. Some have a hydromassage bath and others have a balcony and fireplace.The hotel serves a daily breakfast in the dining room. Traditional Basque dinners are also available on request.Staff at Etxegorri Landetxea’s reception can provide information about the Gorbeia Nature Reserve. There are many beautiful hiking routes in the surrounding area.With easy access from the AP68 Motorway, the hotel is 30 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. Vitoria-Gasteiz Airport is around 45 minutes’ drive away.
- The staff was amazing and the room was excellent and clean! The view is just breathtaking! I recommend it !
- Breakfast and dinners, everyday something else and all fresh where possible from their own garden , good beds, beautiful view, very nice people, comfortable rooms rooms, muy agradable
- Family-run hotel with excellent breakfast and set menu with local and fresh dishes. Served in a warm atmosphere.
- The great location at the entrance of the Gorbea park. We loved the diners with local products.
all food is home made, a bit expensive, but very good
it is a small village in front of a HUGE hill! The view is marvelous
stuff is extremely friendly, even if some do not talk english, we manage to comunicate in a mix of poor spanish (my side), poor english and portuguese (their side) and all worked very well
Hotel The Originals & Spa Etxegana
A hotel to be experienced, Hotel The Originals & Spa Etxegana is charmingly located in the Gorbeia Nature Park. It is surrounded by lovely natural gardens.Rooms at Hotel The Originals & Spa Etxegana come with private bathrooms, with hydromassage baths. There are 7 suites, 10 double rooms and 1 single room, although more beds are available if necessary.Admire the rooms’ individual themed designs, including the Colonial, Victorian and French Provençal styles. Each room has handmade wooden details.The building has traditional, natural materials. These include brick and stone walls and wooden ceiling beams. It offers a restaurant, spa circuits, and massages, upon request.The living room is decorated with lovely Italian tapestries and mahogany furniture from the Tudor and Steward Periods.Hotel The Originals & Spa Etxegana offers disabled access, a meeting room and auxiliary services provided by management on an individual basis for guests.The hotel has special offers on packages to explore the area.
Lovely remote location overlooking valley.
Helpful staff in reception and restaurant/bar.
- The setting the staff the food the sense of peace and tranquility
- The staff were exceptional, food brilliant, location sensational.
- Very quiet and the surroundings are so beautiful! The food was excellent and the Spa was great! Very serviceminded staff and the owner was passionate!
- Great location, great staff and lots of peace and services to spend a wonderful relaxing weekend
- Lovely remote location overlooking valley.
Conveniently located next to Euba Train Station and the A-8 Motorway, Euba Hotel is just 20 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. It offers free Wi-Fi and modern rooms with a balcony.Hotel Euba offers a café service for drinks and snacks. There are also several restaurants just 2 minutes’ walk from the hotel.Decorated in neutral tones and dark wood furniture, the rooms include air conditioning and heating. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer.Euba Hotel is located in the heart of the Basque Country, 45 minutes’ drive from Vitoria and 50 minutes from San Sebastian. Durango and Amorebieta are 5 minutes away by car or 1 train stop away, while Bilbao International Airport is 16 mi away. Free parking is available on site.
- It was a clean and newly renovated building with a cafeteria style restaurant and bar in the basement run by friendly local people. The man at check in was very friendly and spoke English well. The food was good and staff there were friendly and helpful as well.
- Nice hotel for a one night stay. Good if you have a car, since it’s 20 minutes from Bilbao and there are plenty of parking spaces outside. The shower is great!
- Very pet friendly. Good pillows. Towels clean and soft. Restaurant good value.
- Breakfast was very simple, but effective for it’s price. The room was superb, very clean, comfy and luxurious. Nice and quiet location. Free and easy parking.
A nice size room and very clean.
Very nice bathroom facilities.
Cafeteria/restaurante is convenient, reasonable prices, with a pretty simple menu. The meals I had were good.
The WiFi service worked fine (slow, only a few times).
Hotel Harrison Etxea
Offering a restaurant serving Basque cuisine, Hotel Harrison Etxea is located in Amorebieta-Etxano. Set by Amorebieta Train Station, the hotel is 15 minutes’ drive from Bilbao.With a traditional façade, each bright room features a TV and private bathroom with a bathtub and hairdryer.Hotel Harrison Etxea is 5 minutes’ walk from Santa Maria Church, as well as a variety of lively bars and local restaurants. Bermeo, on the Bay of Biscay coast, is a 30-minute drive away. Bilbao Airport is 12 mi from the property.
- Charming town, Good location, Interesting Building, close to the potato
- Restaurant closed on the day of our visit. No helpful advice from staff of alternative venues. No sign of any restaurants in walking distance, locals knew of none. Eventually discovered a bar that offered hot food. The staff at breakfast time ( 7.30am ) were very surly and unhelpful. The hotel, the rooms were entirely satisfactory but the staff left a lot to be desired
- Camas cómodas, limpio, tranquilo, buen restaurante, céntrico.
- Pas grand chose nous avons été déçu par cet hôtel qui ne ressemble pas aux photos sur internet
- hôtel cosy et bien situé, très grande chambre propre et confortable, salle de bains très bien, personnel accueillant et agréable
Hotel Konbenio is located in Amorebieta-Etxano, 11 mi from Bilbao and 26 mi from Vitoria-Gasteiz. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms feature views of the garden or city. Hotel Konbenio features free WiFi throughout the property. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.Zarautz is 29 mi from Hotel Konbenio, while Castro-Urdiales is 27 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 11 mi from Hotel Konbenio.
- It was in the center of the city, near to good restaurants and bars. Very quiet street. It’s got its own parking but you have to be quick. The room is big and spacious.
- a small hotel right in the centre of town with car parking . i had a small single room but the bathroom was roomy . the view was of a car park and the room lights were not very bright . the location is good straight across the road into the central square .
- Nice old-style refurbished villa in the heart of Amorebieta. Lot of atmosphere. Nice rooms but a bit dark as windows are quite small. Walking distance to restaurants, bars and the train station (25 minutes ride to Bilbao). Free parking lot outside the hotel.
- La cama muy cómoda y en el baño la velux en el tejado daba mucha vida
La ubicación del hotel y el parking gratuito.
Pentru rusii-lipoveni care vor sa mearga la biserica in Amorebieta, locaţia e perfecta…biserica e la 300 metri de hotel.
This charming hotel is located in Galdakao, just 10 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. It offers attractive rooms with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and a private bathroom.The hotel’s Petit Komité Restaurant serves gourmet Basque food, using fresh, seasonal produce. There is also a weekly themed evening, when the chefs offer dishes from around the world.Iraragorri has a garden with a terrace where you can enjoy a drink in the sun. There is also a jogging circuit and sports center nearby.Zuhatzu Train Station is next to the hotel, connecting you with central Bilbao in 15 minutes. There are also good connections to Santander and San Sebastián via the A-8 and A-68 Motorways.
- After a month of travel this hotel was the stand out that we will always return to when nearby. We had a car and didn’t want to stay in Bilbao proper as parking and driving can be difficult when returning to visit our daughter. We choose this place based on reviews and where blown away by the value, the service and the best food we ate while traveling throughout the culinary Basque region of Northern Spain/ Southern France. This was the warmest service, best food we had on our month long trip. The comfortable lodging was very clean though without some of the modern comforts as the rooms are in older home that has been converted into a hotel. Free on site parking and easy access into Bilbao are real plus!
- We had an amazingly warm welcome by Maria. They made us feel incredibly welcome in their home. We changed our plans to stay for dinner and had a wonderful meal.
The staff was excellent and the food in the restaurant was superb. I can’t say enough about how well we were treated and how welcome we were made to feel. All in all a wonderful
- The place is a small cottage typical from the bask country rebuilt with very good taste. The rooms and bathroom come with excellent size and amenities. Both dinner and breakfast were fabulous. Personnel extremely kind. Easy to find and parking available on site. I definitely recommend it.
- The owners were very friendly! I highly recommend eating the breakfast in their quaint dinning area. Everything was homemade and absolutely delicious and was served family style. I stayed one night there with several of my cousins and we were all able to eat in one large table. This B&B was a few blocks from the train station which we took to Bilbao for the evening for drinks, tapas and desserts.
Ibis Budget Bilbao Arrigorriaga
Offering a continental breakfast buffet with coffee, pastries, cereals and fruits, Ibis Budget Bilbao Arrigorriaga is located just 10 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. Free WiFi is available in all areas.Each air-conditioned room includes a flat-screen TV and seating area with a desk. The private bathroom features a shower. All rooms have easy access for disabled.There is easy access to A8 and A68 Motorways with good connections to Santander and San Sebastian. Bilbao Airport can be reached within a 20-minute drive away.
Excellent price and quite good accommodation
Very clean and comfortable.
- As usual with IBIS properties facilities are always clean.
- Comfortable room – all we needed for a one night transit stop. Plenty of choice for breakfast.
- Quiet area close to the city (13 minutes by train)
- The hotel is perfect for a short stay. It was clean, reception staff was always welcoming you.
- Excellent price and quite good accommodation
Offering a terrace and hot tub, Osabarena Hotela is located in Murueta-Orozko, in the Basque Country Region, 12 mi from Bilbao. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms include a private bathroom with a spa bath, while others have free toiletries and a hair dryer. Some units feature a seating area where you can relax. Osabarena Hotela features free WiFi throughout the property. A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a shared lounge at the property.Vitoria-Gasteiz is 24 mi from Osabarena Hotela, while Castro-Urdiales is 23 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 20 minutes from Osabarena Hotela.
- Very impressive property and location, great for Blbao Ferry port, Owner speaks excellent English.
As our ferry was delayed we didn’t arrive until 00:15. We did call through and explained the situation but were assured that the owners would wait for us and check us in.
After a very comfortable bed and night sleep, we enjoyed a full breakfast at a cost of 9 euros each.
This property is a beautiful old farmhouse which the current owners (still from original family) have converted into an excellent hotel. Very friendly people.
- Owners were really great! The room was fantastic apart from no air-conditioning.
- The owners were a pleasure to meet and genuinely cared for their guests. What a treat! The facility and location were refreshingly rural, both quiet and beautiful! I enjoyed practicing my (limited) Spanish with our hosts. They were very gracious in accepting my attempts. All food was produced on site … and delicious. We had yogurt with mushrooms for the first time in our lives! Wow!! The hosts gave us some blue glass water bottles we have been searching for for years. Very gracious hosts! We would love to stay there again some day!
- Pure relaxation in a beautiful Basque hamlet in the hills 30 mins from Bilbao ferry port. Lovely people, lovely scenery, delicious food and luxury sleeping and bathing. Cannot fault it.
Top Hotels In Herriko Plaza Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Herriko Plaza Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Herriko Plaza Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Herriko Plaza Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!