10 Best Hotels To Stay In Guyuria Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Guyuria Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Guyuria Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Guyuria Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Guyuria Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Guyuria Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Guyuria Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Guyuria Basque Country:
This design hotel offers free private parking, 24-hour reception and airy rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen cable TV. Located in Durango, Hotel Olajauregi is a 20-minute drive from Bilbao.The Olajauregi’s stylish restaurant serves creative modern cuisine, and also has a traditional Basque menu. The hotel has an elegant cocktail bar with a small terrace.Each room at Hotel Olajauregi features central heating and simple, classic décor. All rooms include a safe, a work desk and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The hotel is located 1,650 feet from Durango’s Art and History Museum. There is easy access to the A8 Motorway, and San Sebastian and Vitoria are both within a 40-minute drive.
- The staff serving is drinks and dinner were very nice and friendly
- Typical Hotel feeling, old building, dressed up like that, large comfortable room and bed, small balcony, big bathroom. Good vibe.
- Staff were great. Decor “interesting” – very black. Durango is a really nice town with a lovely atmosphere. Reasonably convenient for Asador Extebarri, which is why we stayed. Helpful local taxi driver.
- The bed was very comfy and it was a pleasant sleep, very quiet.
- enjoyed the big rooms and the town of Durango good location for our visit round the Basque area and bike race watching .
Gran Hotel Durango
Featuring a spa center, Gran Hotel Durango offers accommodations in Durango with spa facilities and a restaurant.Every room features a modern décor with a private bathroom with a bath. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV with satellite channels is provided.The Durango Sport Club & Spa by Metropolitan offers a sauna, thermal indoor pool, Turkish bath and a fitness center. A range of beauty and wellness treatments can be provided for a surcharge.You can enjoy the on-site restaurant that offers traditional food, or a cocktail with casual food surrounded by verdant lawns and an ancient magnolia tree, in the stylish Lobby Bar.Other facilities include a seasonal outdoor pool, and a 24-hour front desk.Bilbao is 25 minutes’ drive away, while Vitoria-Gasteiz is 25 mi from Gran Hotel Durango. San Sebastian is less than 1-hour drive away. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 22 mi from the property.
- This is a great stay in a charming smaller town. We enjoyed the hotel and watching the family gather in the evening downtown. Great 1 night stay.
- The hotel was superb in every detail. The breakfast buffet was excellent and offered a huge variety. The hotel rooms were clean, large and immaculate. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.
- Rooms were clean. Bed was comfortable. Hotel restaurant was closed but we were able to eat at the bar. Expectations were low for hotel food but the burgers were good and reasonably priced. Did not have breakfast there.
Excellent breakfast, large assortment and cosy room.
Right outside downtown, only 5 minutes walk.
It was quiet and restful
Close to old part of time good location
Hotel San Blas
Surrounded by countryside, Hotel San Blas is a 20-minute drive from Urkiola Nature Reserve and 2,300 feet from Traña-Maitena Train Station. Free private parking is available on site.The hotel offers accommodations in twin rooms that include a TV, Wi-Fi, and heating. All rooms have a private bathroom with a bath tub or a shower.There is a bar with a terrace that offers views of Urkiola Mountain. The hotel also includes a spacious restaurant that can host large parties or family gatherings. Luggage storage space is also provided.Bilbao Airport is 22 mi from the property and Durango, a larger village with shops and bars, can be reached in 5 minutes by car.
- No person spoke English. No food was available although there a menu on the wall of the bar. The bathroom door in our room closed due to bad fitting. Never again very disappointed in Booking.com
Bus to Bilbao outside door
Staff v nice and friendly coffee and food good
- could place my bicycle in my room. good wifi, nice room
- We were very pleased with our room although overlooking the roundabout it was surprisingly quiet, however the hotel is in the middle of refurbishment, so understandably the photos were not really exactly as show. There was no restaurant, as it was being refurbed but they directed us to local bars and restaurants which were quite satisfactory.
No tomé repostería en el desayuno. Estuvo bien.
En conjunto está muy bien todo.
Surrounded by countryside, Garaiko Landetxea is located 4.3 mi from the small town of Durango. It offers accommodations with heating and free WiFi.The rooms are soundproofed and include a flat-screen TV, desk, and a private bathroom with a shower. Hairdryer and toiletries are provided.The property features rustic architectural elements, such as exposed stone walls, combined with elegant, contemporary furnishings. There is a terrace, shared lounge, and a business center. Cars and bikes can be rented on site.The area is popular for hiking, cycling, and exploring the countryside. Bilbao is 23 mi away and San Sebastian can be reached in 45 minutes by car.
- Wonderful place to stay 10 mins driving distance from Durango, very big rooms and comfortable facilities including even a kitchenette. Great view from the window and especially the dining area where we had a wonderful breakfast. Ane was lovely – very warm and informative, thanks to her we got to experience Pincho Pote Thursday and it is still one of our most memorable experiences from our 3 weeks in Spain. Thanks a lot Ane!!
- A bit out of the way and difficult to find, but when we were running late for our booking at Etxebarri the proprietor very kindly drove us there. The rooms were comfortable and clean, lovely little village but not much open at night.
- This is a sweet little B&B in a cute town in the mountains. We stayed here because we were going to Asador Etxebarri which was only about 15 mins drive away. The lady who owns it was very friendly and helpful.
- The place is beautiful, small, not noisy in the lovely country side of Bilbao. We had such a great stay there !! Everything was fantastic
- Quiet and authentic place, really nice hosts. Decorated beautifully and spotless clean.
Conveniently located next to Euba Train Station and the A-8 Motorway, Euba Hotel is just 20 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. It offers free Wi-Fi and modern rooms with a balcony.Hotel Euba offers a café service for drinks and snacks. There are also several restaurants just 2 minutes’ walk from the hotel.Decorated in neutral tones and dark wood furniture, the rooms include air conditioning and heating. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer.Euba Hotel is located in the heart of the Basque Country, 45 minutes’ drive from Vitoria and 50 minutes from San Sebastian. Durango and Amorebieta are 5 minutes away by car or 1 train stop away, while Bilbao International Airport is 16 mi away. Free parking is available on site.
- It was a clean and newly renovated building with a cafeteria style restaurant and bar in the basement run by friendly local people. The man at check in was very friendly and spoke English well. The food was good and staff there were friendly and helpful as well.
- Nice hotel for a one night stay. Good if you have a car, since it’s 20 minutes from Bilbao and there are plenty of parking spaces outside. The shower is great!
- Very pet friendly. Good pillows. Towels clean and soft. Restaurant good value.
- Breakfast was very simple, but effective for it’s price. The room was superb, very clean, comfy and luxurious. Nice and quiet location. Free and easy parking.
A nice size room and very clean.
Very nice bathroom facilities.
Cafeteria/restaurante is convenient, reasonable prices, with a pretty simple menu. The meals I had were good.
The WiFi service worked fine (slow, only a few times).
Located in Elorrio’s San Agustín district, Hotel Elorrio offers rooms with mountain views. It features a restaurant overlooking its attractive gardens.Each bright, heated room at Hotel Elorrio has a flat-screen TV, and free WiFi.Guests can enjoy a continental breakfast in the Elorrio’s restaurant. A range of à la carte dishes are on offer for lunch and dinner.Set in the Durangaldea region, the hotel has a picturesque setting within 6.2 mi of Urtiola Natural Park. Bilbao and the Basque coastline can be reached within 45 minutes’ by car.
- Very friendly and accommodating staff. Room was clean and comfortable bed. I got a lot more than I had expected, good DEAL!!!
- Lovely sunny terrace, helpful staff. A few minutes drive from Elorrio which is a very pretty medieval town
- Hotel had all comforts expected to a good standard
- Cuartos e baño amplos. Amplo aparcamento e fantástica conexión wifi.
- We booked the Elorrio because it was in easy taxi range of the fabulous Asador Etxebarri where we went for lunch (the taxi, booked for us by the hotel, was €13 each way) so it was just intended as a base for that, but in the end we enjoyed the hotel in its own right too. It is quite simple, but the people were nice, they did a good breakfast and you can eat on the terrace admiring the scenery.
Hotel Konbenio is located in Amorebieta-Etxano, 11 mi from Bilbao and 26 mi from Vitoria-Gasteiz. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms feature views of the garden or city. Hotel Konbenio features free WiFi throughout the property. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.Zarautz is 29 mi from Hotel Konbenio, while Castro-Urdiales is 27 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 11 mi from Hotel Konbenio.
- It was in the center of the city, near to good restaurants and bars. Very quiet street. It’s got its own parking but you have to be quick. The room is big and spacious.
- a small hotel right in the centre of town with car parking . i had a small single room but the bathroom was roomy . the view was of a car park and the room lights were not very bright . the location is good straight across the road into the central square .
- Nice old-style refurbished villa in the heart of Amorebieta. Lot of atmosphere. Nice rooms but a bit dark as windows are quite small. Walking distance to restaurants, bars and the train station (25 minutes ride to Bilbao). Free parking lot outside the hotel.
- La cama muy cómoda y en el baño la velux en el tejado daba mucha vida
La ubicación del hotel y el parking gratuito.
Pentru rusii-lipoveni care vor sa mearga la biserica in Amorebieta, locaţia e perfecta…biserica e la 300 metri de hotel.
Hotel Harrison Etxea
Offering a restaurant serving Basque cuisine, Hotel Harrison Etxea is located in Amorebieta-Etxano. Set by Amorebieta Train Station, the hotel is 15 minutes’ drive from Bilbao.With a traditional façade, each bright room features a TV and private bathroom with a bathtub and hairdryer.Hotel Harrison Etxea is 5 minutes’ walk from Santa Maria Church, as well as a variety of lively bars and local restaurants. Bermeo, on the Bay of Biscay coast, is a 30-minute drive away. Bilbao Airport is 12 mi from the property.
- Charming town, Good location, Interesting Building, close to the potato
- Restaurant closed on the day of our visit. No helpful advice from staff of alternative venues. No sign of any restaurants in walking distance, locals knew of none. Eventually discovered a bar that offered hot food. The staff at breakfast time ( 7.30am ) were very surly and unhelpful. The hotel, the rooms were entirely satisfactory but the staff left a lot to be desired
- Camas cómodas, limpio, tranquilo, buen restaurante, céntrico.
- Pas grand chose nous avons été déçu par cet hôtel qui ne ressemble pas aux photos sur internet
- hôtel cosy et bien situé, très grande chambre propre et confortable, salle de bains très bien, personnel accueillant et agréable
Hotel Santuario Urkiola – Lagunetxea
Hotel Santuario Urkiola – Lagunetxea is located in Urquiola and has a terrace, a shared lounge and a bar. Featuring a concierge service, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Free WiFi is available.At the hotel, every room has a desk. Every room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a bidet, while some rooms also feature a kitchen. All rooms have a closet.A continental breakfast is available each morning at the property.Hiking is among the activities that guests can enjoy near Hotel Santuario Urkiola – Lagunetxea.Bilbao is 26 miles from the accommodation. The nearest airport is Vitoria Airport, 20 miles from Hotel Santuario Urkiola – Lagunetxea.
- Quiet place, friendly staff, great fields and forests to walk around.
- Great location for visiting Basque countryside. Friendly staff. Beds were comfortable and hotel is quite modern. Restaurant has good food.
Spacious room with a lovely view. Excellent homemade cakes!
Beautiful area for walking.
- Lovely staff, very pleasant rooms especially for the very good price. Stunning views.
- La atención, el silencio y la tranquilidad, la ubicación y limpieza. La cena excepcional, y el precio, muy asequible.
Hotel Villa De Ermua
Hotel Villa de Ermua is strategically located next to the A8 Motorway, between Bilbao and San Sebastian. Each bright, air-conditioned room offers a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom.The modern Villa de Ermua Hotel has a 24-hour reception desk and a spacious café-bar, where a daily continental breakfast is served. There are also various shops and restaurants in the town of Eibar, less than 1.2 mi away.Surrounded by countryside, the Villa de Ermua is a 25-minute drive from Bilbao, while San Sebastián and Vitoria are both around a 35-minute drive away. Private parking can be arranged at the hotel for a daily fee.
- The room size was good. Not far away from the city centre. The staff is friendly.
- Parking is a little difficult in the area, but the hotel has designated spot in front for check in/checkout – very handy and welcome on rainy days! The front desk receptionist was incredibly warm and friendly, lovely welcome and very accommodating. We stayed overnight as part of roadtrip, so really didn’t make use of other facilities.
- A rainy day and no food available in hotel. Some pleasant bars available nearby and one allowed the dog in and had tasty sandwhiches. Dog park facility was rather small and basic for a golden retriever but we managed.
- Booked late in the evening, staff were very helpful and informative. Rooms were a decent size and spacious layout, bathrooms clean with a really good powerful shower.
Good private parking (to pay)
Good breakfast at good price
Top Hotels In Guyuria Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Guyuria Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Guyuria Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Guyuria Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!