10 Best Hotels To Stay In Guacimal Puntarenas – Top Hotel Reviews
Guacimal Puntarenas is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Guacimal Puntarenas. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Guacimal Puntarenas. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Guacimal Puntarenas. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Guacimal Puntarenas right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Guacimal Puntarenas with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Guacimal Puntarenas:
Hotel Trópico Monteverde
Hotel Trópico Monteverde is located in Monte Verde, just 20 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room has a flat-screen TV. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Every room includes a private bathroom fitted with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is room service at the property.Montaña Grande is 28 miles from Hotel Trópico Monteverde, and Santa Elena is 3.9 miles away. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 38 miles from the property.
- The cabin was spacious and comfortable with a big bed. The view was terrific over hills and the Gulf of Nicoya, and we only wish we could have seen it after the rains when everything is green. The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was good to be able to eat on site in the evening (best to check in advance if that’s possible as the restaurant is run separately from the hotel). The food was good and the dining atmosphere very pleasant.
- Excelente todo! Un fenomeno el dueño, todo nuevo, impecable! Muy amable el staff y el lugar es espectacular.
- Sehr nettes Personal, die Aussicht aus dem Zimmer ist wunderschön, das Zimmer ist riesig und sehr luxuriös, Frühstück ist gut
- La vue magnifique, le calme, le restaurant, l’amabilité, les activités autour….
Pas geopend, mooi gelegen op een helling met prachtig uitzicht op de vallei.
Ze hebben rolstoeltoegankelijke kamer.
Kenneth van de receptie is uiterst vlot en vriendelijk !
Hotel Fonda Vela
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Hotel Fonda Vela offers accommodations in Monte Verde, just 17 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Every room includes a TV with satellite channels. All rooms have a private bathroom.You will find a tour desk at the property.Santa Elena is 1.7 miles from Hotel Fonda Vela, and Puntarenas is 22 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 46 miles from Hotel Fonda Vela.
- This place was ok if you are just looking for a clean room. We found it to be a little disappointing.
- Breakfast buffet was very good. Add pastries to make it better.
- Property is very large and grounds are beautiful. Room was also VERY large. Breakfast was ok, order from a few menu options(although we were there in low season and 2 of 4 guests). Dinner at restaurant was decent with large portions. Front desk did help with transportation and activities.
- Excellent breakfast. Beautiful views. Spacious rooms.
- The staff at the reception was VERY flexible and made changes to our pre-booking at our favour – more than we expected could be arranged- extremely customer oriented
Monteverde Country Lodge
Showcasing a playground and terrace, Monteverde Country Lodge is located in Monte Verde in the region of Puntarenas, just 16 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms include a private bathroom.You will find room service at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Santa Elena is 0.4 miles from Monteverde Country Lodge, and Puntarenas is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 47 miles from Monteverde Country Lodge.
For breakfast there was a big variety of selection including the traditional Costa Rican food, and it was very delicious.
Happy hours from 4PM to 6PM, they offered tasty cocktails.
The nice lady at the reception was very helpful, and organized us last-minute tours.
- Lovely hotel, well situated and staff were very nice.
- Breakfast was good, there is happy hours every day from 4-6 and 1 cocktail is 5 dollars, you will get 2. They made it perfectly good!
- I only stayed here for 1 night and it catered for all of my needs. Check in was very straightforward and the receptionist spoke English as well as Spanish. The room was comfortable and the bed was enormous. The shower had very hot water, probably the hottest I have come across in Costa Rica. Breakfast was included in the price and was good. It included cereal, toast and your typical Costa Rican breakfast as well as a variety of different read. Coffee and juice was also available. The staff in the bar/restaurant were great and there is a happy hour between 4-6pm where certain beers and cocktails are 2 for 1.
- Greeted us with smoothies upon arrival. We arrived a few hours before check in so they offered to watch our bags behind the counter. The people at the desk were extremely helpful with helping us choose our activities in the area.
- For breakfast there was a big variety of selection including the traditional Costa Rican food, and it was very delicious.
Trapp Family Lodge Monteverde
Trapp Family Lodge Monteverde is located in Monte Verde, just 16 miles from Fortuna. The hotel has a terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.The rooms are equipped with a TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a tour desk at the property.Santa Elena is 1.9 miles from Trapp Family Lodge, and Puntarenas is 22 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 46 miles from Trapp Family Lodge Monteverde.
Our beds were definitely on the harder side 🙁 and everything was slightly damp.
Unfortunately our towels never dryed so we had to ask for new ones that were dry. We were lucky that we had sunny dry days. I can’t imagine how cold it would been in the room with cloud and rain surrounding us.
The pillows in our room lacked all resemblance to fluffy and the bed linen was warm although extremely heavy due to the amount. I’m really uncertain where the linen described in another reviews as lofty goose down duvets were. That was not happening in our room.
I respect that I was in a cloud, but my cloud days where sunny.
- Room was beautiful and comfortable. Porch was an added bonus. All of your staff was very pleasant and helpful.
- Great location . Very helpful and pleasant staff. Special thanks to front desk.
- Room was spacious. Bathroom was clean and spacious. Nice shower. Breakfast was excellent.
- I had one precious night in Monteverde – and the staff were very helpful in setting up several excursions for me so I could maximize my time there. The Hotel and the room were very nice and very comfortable – I had a window seat to listen to the Cloud Forest around me! Breakfast was a yummy buffet.
- Our beds were definitely on the harder side 🙁 and everything was slightly damp.
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, Hotel Belmar is located in Monte Verde in the region of Puntarenas, just 17 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units include a private bathroom with a hot tub, and others have bathrobes and slippers. Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is concierge services, room service, ticket service and a gift shop at the property.Santa Elena is 1.7 miles from Hotel Belmar, and Puntarenas is 22 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 46 miles from the property.
- Absolutely flawless. Beautiful hotel in a stunning setting. Staff are all so friendly and were happy to go out of their way to make our stay extra special. They helped organise two great trips for us which we will remember and treasure forever. The food is also lovely and so fresh. Great stay!
- Everything about this hotel was amazing! From the staff to the food to the yoga classes, massage, and hiking trail. Will definitely come back in the future. Also, Oscar has got to be the best bartender in all of Costa Rica!
- We weren’t there long enough. We had to cut our stay short. We ate a lovely dinner there and stayed over one night. The staff arranged for a taxi for us to take us into town. The concierge was also very helpful in planning our excursion to the cloud forest. Our guide was Frasier and he was amazing!! super nice, friendly, and funny.
- IT was So relaxing and Peaceful! Enjoyed the pond and gardens with lots of birds to see. Enjoyed the jacuzzi!
- great restaurant at hotel. no tv in room. awesome hike next to hotel.
Offering impressive views of the Nicoyan Gulf, Monteverde Inn has a beautiful setting a 10 minute drive from Santa Elena. It features bright accommodation in attractive grounds.Monteverde Inn offers rooms and villas with free Wi-Fi access. Villas also feature a kitchen, and a sitting area.Breakfast is served in the Inn’s dining room. The property overlooks the surrounding forest and trails, which are ideal for hiking.The staff at the 24-hour front desk can arrange excursions to Monteverde Cloud Forest, a 5 minute drive away. Arenal Volcano Park and Lake are less than 30 miles from the hotel.
- This is a truly special place. The surrounding property and preserve were gorgeous. Great food, friendly staff, clean rooms.
- We really enjoyed our stay at the Monteverde Inn. The location is beautiful, surrounded by jungle and expansive views all the way out to the ocean. The entire staff was super friendly and helped us quite a bit with other activities in the area. Food was great too. Our room was clean, albeit very basic. We could hear guests in the room above us quite easily, but thankfully it was quiet most of the time. Recommend the night hike!
- The view was spectacular and loved that you could walk around the grounds. I also loved the restaurant and was impressed at how eco conscious they are. I’ve never stayed at a place that does not have straws, plastic or big businesses. Everything is local or grown themselves. Brilliant.
- Location was beautiful. The breakfast was good and the coffee was excellent in the morning. Fantastic pizzas available for supper. We especially loved that the hotel was built and run for a low environmental footprint. The owner and staff were very friendly and very helpful. Lots of wildlife and beautiful walking trails throughout the property.
- Lovely location with a beautiful view. Eco forest to walk in right by the Inn
Hotel Montaña Monteverde
Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, Hotel Montaña Monteverde is located in Monte Verde in the region of Puntarenas, just 16 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.All rooms have a private bathroom. A TV is available.There is a shared lounge at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for hiking. The hotel also provides car rental. Santa Elena is 0.7 miles from Hotel Montaña Monteverde, and Puntarenas is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 47 miles from the property.
- This property is great value for your money. It has a million dollar view to the ocean from most, if not all rooms. The staff are friendly and accommodating.
- Egg breakfast included; great view from room balcony; in-room bar refrigerator; large bathroom
- The property is lovely, fantastic location only a short walk downtown (down a hill), we took a taxi back. The rooms were large and spacious, the food in the restaurants was very good. The water was very hot which we needed after a day of activities. They had a huge variety of channels on the television. My husband usually cannot stay in a hotel without a/c but he had o problems as it was nice and cool being in the mountains. The staff all of them were great and had excellent customer service skills and spoke English very well. We will definitely return to this hotel if we return to Monteverde!
- Good money value. The view from the window. The bed is good
- Very large rooms with a nice view and a balcony. Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant just ok for breakfast but well worth it nonetheless for value compared to other places at same price.
Hotel Bell Bird
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Hotel Bell Bird offers accommodations in Monte Verde, just 16 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find free shuttle service at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hotel. The hotel also provides bike rental. Santa Elena is 0.8 miles from Hotel Bell Bird, and Puntarenas is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 47 miles from the property.
the room was clean and well maintained.
we enjoyed our stay and would book again if we were staying in monteverde.
- Alex is so nice and responsible. The room is clean and neat.
- The owner was helpful and went out of his way to help you with seeing the best sights around Monterverde.
- The owner was incredibly helpful after we had to reschedule an entire day.
- The owner of this hotel went out of his way to help us with every single question we had and in doing so saved us so much time and trouble. Very kind gentlemen. Rooms was also very cosy and clean and the hotel had a rustic log cabin retreat feel to it.
- the room was clean and well maintained.
Chira Glamping Monteverde
One of our top picks in Monteverde – and a guest favorite.
Located in Monte Verde, 16 miles from Fortuna, Chira Glamping Monteverde features a terrace and views of the city. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have bathrobes and free toiletries. Certain accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is featured.Santa Elena is 1,950 feet from Chira Glamping Monteverde, and Puntarenas is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 47 miles from the property.
The finest of pleasures are always the unexepected ones, It has totally exceeded our expectations, in the woods we return to reason and hope, to continue fulfilling our dreams, ours souls is tuned to the quitness, peace and stillness that natures inspires, It was our birthday so we will remember it forever…Is such an amazing place, you must visit!
Diego is attent all the time, friendly, inspires confidence from the beginning!
- This dome was super cool. The view and position were perfect. We saw the most beautiful sunset from the comfy chairs on the deck. The kitchen was fully equipped and the fridge had a watermelon, some soft drinks, a couple of beers, chocolates, croissant and a great granola. We did not expect this and it was all free. The whole experience was just WOW. Communication with Diego was prompt and easy.
- living outside is awesome. great glamping experience.
- While on a 17 day tour with my 16 year old daughter we treated ourselves to night at the awesome Chris Glamping. It is beautifully located and finished to an incredible high end spec . The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, it even had an optional heated mattress. There were thoughtful complimentary snacks drinks and organic toiletries. Everything was faultless.
- Amazing view
Set a short 2-minute walk from the Transmonteverde Public Transport and Plaza Monteverde Mall, Jaguarundi Lodge offers its guests free WiFi access.The comfortable and rustic-style accommodations have a balcony overlooking the surrounding jungle site and a full bathroom.The friendly staff can help with information regarding popular touristic spots in the vicinity.Free parking is available on site. Monteverde Cloude Forest Reserve can be reached in a 10-minute drive, while Juan Santamaria International Airport can be reached in a 2 hour and 30 minutes’ drive.
- Good breakfast, friendly staff. Located near the town which had a few places to eat and shop.
- walking distance to town and restaurants, near forest alive guide office, property in forest so birds and animals could be seen, check in/out was fast
- Location is walking distance to Santa Elena centre and great staff.
We liked the location. A close walk to town but a secluded jungle like setting. Saw a beautiful Mot Mot bird & other wildlife. The staff were very pleasant. Enjoyed the breakfast for the 1 morning that it was included w our stay. We stayed 3 nights.
We were cold @ night so asked for extra blankets which were delivered promptly.
- The cabins and the property in general where really nice to look at. Pretty place
Top Hotels In Guacimal Puntarenas Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Guacimal Puntarenas to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Guacimal Puntarenas but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Guacimal Puntarenas. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!