10 Best Hotels To Stay In Great Diamond Island Maine – Top Hotel Reviews
Great Diamond Island Maine is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Great Diamond Island Maine. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Great Diamond Island Maine. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Great Diamond Island Maine. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Great Diamond Island Maine right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Great Diamond Island Maine with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Great Diamond Island Maine:
Inn at Diamond Cove
Featuring free WiFi, an outdoor pool and only accessible by boat, Inn at Diamond Cove offers accommodation in Great Diamond Island. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant and the sun terrace.Each room has a flat-screen TV. All rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property. You can play tennis at this inn, and the area is popular for fishing and hiking. The inn also offers bike hire.Ferry transportation to Inn at Diamond Cove is available through Casco Bay Lines. Portland is 3.1 miles away, while Freeport is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Portland International Jetport Airport, 6.2 miles from Inn at Diamond Cove.
- The island and the Inn were absolutely beautiful. A great value for the money.
- The rooms were amazing. We stayed up several hours just so we could sit in front of the fireplace. Very elegant, classic, and modern all-in-one. Not stuffy at all.
- This is a fabulous property!! It is one of the most comfortable hotels I’ve ever stayed in. We had a two-bedroom suite (originally for 3 people, although one had to cancel due to an injury) and when I opened the door, I was astonished. We had a beautiful, comfortable living room with kitchenette and dining table, and two beautiful bedrooms with king-sized beds downstairs, with two bathrooms (with a shared shower). The rooms had luxurious extras, like cozy throws, three TVs, and four bathrobes, and a beautiful terrace. We would definitely return.
- The Inn is a former Army barracks, which was beautifully restored. We took the ferry to the island (parking off site in Portland was convenient, though a tad expensive) and the rooms were a pleasant surprise! More like a condo than a hotel or Inn room. Breakfast was very good (the only meal we had there) and the staff did a very good job of trying to please. The bar area was a bit small, but if you were outside, there was seating around a fire pit, the pool and hot tub. This was my husband’s favorite place,and we went all over New England! We expect to return someday, when it’s a little bit warmer, and really enjoy the Inn and the island. Thank you for making our brief stay enjoyable!
- The island and property are beautiful! The staff are kind and accommodating. The rooms are gorgeous, and the bed was very comfortable.
Westin Portland Harborview
Westin Portland Harborview offers pet-friendly accommodations in Portland. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find free shuttle service and gift shop at the property.Freeport is 16 miles from Westin Portland Harborview, and Old Orchard Beach is 11 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Portland International Jetport Airport, 2.5 miles from Westin Portland Harborview.
- Staff was outstanding. From the valet to front desk to shuttle driver. Very friendly
- The bed was so comfortable, bathroom freshly remodeled with rainfall shower head, real wineglasses and corkscrew, and in-room coffee was much better than most hotels. The temperature control in our room was our favorite part- we like it cool at night, but then in the morning we could bring it up and it worked quick. We liked being able to walk to nearby restaurants.
- The staff was amazing and the room was very clean and cozy. We love that they are pet friendly and the staff were all very welcoming to our small dog.
- Great room and hotel! Only a 10-15 minute walk to downtown Portland! Would definitely stay here again!!
- I went there for a belated Valentine’s Day weekend with my girlfriend. When we got there – the front desk person who checked us in was INCREDIBLY nice and gave us GREAT recommendations for food and drink around Portland! ON TOP OF THAT – we were in our room getting ready and we get a knock on the door. We thought the music was too loud or something, ha, but no, it was the hotel staff bringing us a card welcoming us and a box of Valentine’s Day chocolates. Unbelievable!
Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront
This property is a 13-minute walk from the beach. In Portland, Maine’s historic Old Port district, this hotel offers spacious accommodations with a kitchenette and iPod dock. Wi-Fi and transportation to Portland International Jetport are free.A 37-inch LCD TV with HBO is provided in the studios and suites at Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront. They feature modern furniture, including a sofa bed and dining area.The indoor pool area at Residence Inn Portland Waterfront has a hot tub. Guests can relax with a drink by the lobby fireplace, or workout in the fitness center.Eastern Beach is a half mile from Residence Inn Portland Downtown. The Casco Bay Ferry Cruise Terminal is just a 5 minute walk away. Many area restaurants are also nearby.
- Nice large, comfortable room, great to have stovetop and microwave and fridge.
Rooms were very comfortable and breakfast in the morning was excellent.
Easy to walk to all the major restaurants and pubs in the Old Port.
Cleaning staff was very helpful and friendly.
I was able to obtain an extra quilt for my daughter who slept in the pullout.
Breakfast staff work exceptionally hard to keep things going. Good food options for families.
I also like the handy tea/coffee/hot chocolate- nice to have available throughout the day.
- Third time staying there would not stay any where else.
- The room was larger than another suite we had looked at the Hilton.
Hampton Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront
This property is a 16-minute walk from the beach. Just a 5-minute walk from the Casco Bay Lines Ferry, this waterfront hotel offers free airport and local shuttles, an indoor heated pool and fitness center. Every room features a flat-screen cable TV with HBO.A microwave, fridge and coffee maker are included in the contemporary rooms at Hampton Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront. There is free Wi-Fi along with a desk. Ocean view rooms are available.Guests can enjoy a breakfast buffet featuring Belgian waffles, eggs and sausage. Coffee is available 24 hours a day at the Downtown Portland Hampton Inn.Portland Observatory, Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad and Longfellow House are within a 13-minute walk of this hotel. Portland International Jetport is 5 miles away.
- EXCELLENT staff, great breakfast, coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate available daily, room was updated and very comfortable. I have no complaints about my visit, this hotel was in a perfect location and near many restaurants. Shuttle was a bonus.
- The amount of pillows for each bed was a plus.They were amazing pillows, by the way.The fresh coffee 24/7 was wonderful. The coffee had great flavor. We stayed two nights. The breakfast had different choices both mornings. Excellent breakfast buffet and great breakfast staff. Seemed to truly take an interest in your needs. The staff at the desk were wonderful. Taking time to answer questions. Very nice.
Location was perfect, staff was friendly & helpful, amenities
were what we needed, location to a restaurant-great, breakfast was beyond what we expected, the room was comfortable and clean
- Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, location is great
- The hotel is a classic one. Nice breakfast. The best is the location right by the best restaurants in Portland!
Portland Regency Hotel & Spa
In the Old Port district in Portland, Maine, the Portland Regency Hotel and Spa has an on-site fitness center, steam rooms, hot tubs and full service day spa.The hotel’s restaurant Twenty Milk Street serves American-styled seafood dishes made from local Maine ingredients. The hotel’s Armory Lounge serves pub food, beer, cocktails and wine.Portland Regency Hotel’s rooms have a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, and an iPod docking station. Complimentary morning coffee is available in the lobby.Whale-watching is available less than a mile away at the Port of Portland. The Portland Museum of Art is a 13 minute walk from the hotel.
- Everybody and everything was fantastic. When we come to Portland we usually stay there. We’ve tried other places, but the Regency is the best.
- Complimentary morning coffee delivered to the room. Close to downtown and convenient. Nice having a spa onsite.
- The service was exceptional and the facilities were clean and extremely comfortable. The Spa facilities and staff were outstanding.
- Breakfast was wonderful and the lounge was very welcoming.
- Perfect location friendly staff – clean/comfy rooms!
Hyatt Place Portland-Old Port
One of our top picks in Portland.Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hyatt Place Portland-Old Port offers accommodations in Portland. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find free shuttle service at the property.Freeport is 16 miles from Hyatt Place Portland-Old Port, and Old Orchard Beach is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Portland International Jetport Airport, 3.1 miles from Hyatt Place Portland-Old Port.
- If you want to get the “feel” of Old Port, this hotel is in the heart of it all. Shining new building, excellent staff, easy valet parking, shuttle service to local places. having ‘IVY’ to text whenever we had a need, was awesome! The complimentary breakfast was just great!!!
- The bed was very comfortable and their breakfast buffet was actually very good.
- Really great stay! The staff were incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful. We have absolutely no complaints at all and would not hesitate to return or to recommend friends to stay at the Hyatt. Best parts: large room with great views, generous breakfast, located right in the heart of Old port area, awesome staff with lots of local recommendations.
- Loved everything! But it was great that the rooms have pull out couch so we where able to have 5 people to a room!
- The hotel was very accomodating and the hospitality was great. The breakfast is much more than I expected with a great spread and it tasted great. The hotel is clean and nice and in a great spot in town with awesome bars and restaurants nearby.
Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Waterfront
Featuring an indoor pool and an on-site fitness center, this Portland, Maine hotel has rooms with a flat-screen TV. Wireless internet access is provided free of charge.A sitting area and cable channels are provided in each room at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Waterfront. Certain rooms offer views of the ocean. Private bathrooms are included as well.A 24-hour front desk welcomes guests to the Portland Downtown/Waterfront Courtyard by Marriott. Meeting facilities are available on site for guest use.Victoria Mansion is just a quarter mile from the hotel, and the Wadsworth Longfellow House is just over a quarter mile away. Old Orchard Beach and Crescent Beach are both within a 25-minute drive.
- Beds were very comfortable, could walk to everything we wanted to see around town.
- All of the staff that I encountered were so friendly and helpful! Especially the front desk! The food was also delicious!
- Overall very happy. I personally thought my bed was a little too firm but I like soft and am used to that at home so that was an adjustment, but everything else was great.
- Portland Old Port is a terrific location. The staff was very friendly and the property was moden, clean and in a great location.
- Bed and pillows were like a dream. So much so Im buying the same pillows for my home
La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland
La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland is located in Portland, 17 miles from Freeport and 11 miles from Old Orchard Beach.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find free shuttle service at the property.Wells is 27 miles from La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland, and Kennebunkport is 22 miles from the property. Portland International Jetport Airport is 1.2 miles away.
- The room had just been redone. It was very clean and comfortable.The location worked well for us,just a fifteen minute walk to downtown, which saved us from dealing with downtown parking. We enjoyed our stay.
The people we dealt with were very courteous and helpful.
The building is under construction and we should have been notified prior to booking!
- The room is pretty new, clean and big. The bed is very comfortable. The breakfast is too simple, but better than nothing. The location is near bus and train stations (5 min).
- The room was exactly as the picture. Unfortunately, the hotel was being renovated so during my stay, the first floor was pretty dusty, but luckily I was on the third floor and the room was clean and modern. Carpet did not feel dirty which is always a plus and the pillows seemed to be orthopedic.
- Staff is always amazing there and go above and beyond! The location is very centralized and it is super easy to get to downtown Portland from there
The Press Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Press Hotel, Autograph Collection offers accommodations in Portland. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.There is free shuttle service at the property.Freeport is 16 miles from press hotel, and Old Orchard Beach is 11 miles from the property. Portland International Jetport Airport is 2.5 miles away.
- The staff was the best thing about staying here. Everyone at the front desk was so kind and helpful.
- They were especially accommodating about getting us into our rooms early, as our friends were arriving from Italy and wanted to freshen up. They also were able to accommodate out request to have one set of adjoining rooms and our other room in close proximity The hotel is in a fantastic location and is a very neat place to stay. Lobby/lounge area is nice to have a drink in.
- Design concept was very interesting and the attention to detail was extraordinary. Staff were excellent.
- Pillows n bed extremely comfy n the area is filled w little spots to be
- Staff were very polite and friendly. The location of the hotel is superb, just a short walk to the waterfront, unique shops and delicious food and drink. Our room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed relaxing at the fireplace area in the lobby. Our first-and certainly not last-visit to Portland and The Press Hotel.
Holiday Inn Portland-By the Bay
One of our top picks in Portland.Holiday Inn Portland-By the Bay is located in Portland, just 16 miles from Freeport. The hotel has a sauna and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is free shuttle service, a 24-hour front desk and a gift shop at the property.Old Orchard Beach is 11 miles from HI Portland-By the Bay, and Wells is 28 miles away. Portland International Jetport Airport is 2.5 miles from the property.
- Excellent breakfast and they served early enough so we could get on the road. We could easily walk to the Cross Center and for a bite to eat. Definitely would stay again
- The bed was very comfortable.there wasn’t a lot of noise so I got a good sleep .the breakfast buffet was nice in the morning.
- I love staying here for events at the Cross Insurance..Just a walk across the street makes it so convenient. Also it is very easy to get to and I like the under cover parking. On a nice day it is a short walk to the Old Port and waterfront. We were also pleased to find a breakfast buffet when we went down to the restaurant to eat.The food was VERY good.
- The tube did not drain the first night and we mentioned it and it was fixed. We also asked for extra kcups and they were left for the next morning
- Great location clean friendly staff but the beds were very uncomfortable! 4 of us stayed here and all of us tossed and turned beds very hard and uncomfortable
Top Hotels In Great Diamond Island Maine Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Great Diamond Island Maine to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Great Diamond Island Maine but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Great Diamond Island Maine. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!