10 Best Hotels To Stay In Gaztelu Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Gaztelu Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Gaztelu Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Gaztelu Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Gaztelu Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Gaztelu Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Gaztelu Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Gaztelu Basque Country:
Iriarte Jauregia is a beautifully restored 17th-century palace is located in fabulous Basque countryside, 19 mi from the coast. Enjoy fine dining, stunning views and eye-catching design. Browse the Wi-Fi for free.The Iriarte has carefully designed its interiors to balance both the old and new. Cutting-edge design such as contemporary furniture and fabrics are contrasted against original features of the building such as stone walls and beamed ceilings.All rooms have views of the valley or the garden. Featuring elegant décor in neutral tones, they come with a plasma-screen TV and a well-equipped bathroom.Set in beautiful gardens, the hotel features a fine-dining restaurant that serves creative cuisine, the Bailara, run by the chef Enrique Fleischmann. There is also an informal snack bar and a library with a reading lounge.Make a visit to the Basque city of San Sebastian, just 19 mi away where you can browse the shops, galleries and characteristic tapas restaurants.
- a great hotel if you want to escape from city trafic :-). location, just a bit outside from main road. you enjoy it. Nice breakfast. Not wide selection, but sufficient and fresh and tasty.
- The hotel is lovely but it’s a bit remote it said it was 20 mins from San Sebastián but it’s more like 45 mins
- Wonderful experience for a relaxing holiday. Service exceeded our expectations.
- Absolutely charming location in the middle of the mountains, all lush and green around, with an extremely peaceful view, only bothered by the distant sound of cows. If you prefer this to your average city stay, you would absolutely love this place. Breakfast was quite on spot, and you could take it on an outdoors terrace overlooking the valley. Appropriated sized rooms, excellent bed, and even some extra space for our dog to enjoy.
- Beautifully renovated hotel in a lovely, peaceful valley that gave us the opportunity to explore a bit more of the Basque countryside. Walking distance from a lovely, small village and some nice trails….a short drive from the larger town of Tolosa. Staff were very friendly and helpful and included breakfast was good.
Set in the heart of the Basque province of Guipúzcoa, this modern hotel provides an ideal base to explore the scenery of this picturesque region.The Oria lies just a 500 feet walk from the train station in the center of Tolosa. It is divided between 2 buildings – one stylish, contemporary and one renovated, historic building dating from the turn of the century. This older building still retains many charming period features and is surrounded by a pretty garden.Taste the local specialties in the Botarri grill restaurant, which serves delicious freshly grilled meat and fish. You can then enjoy another Basque specialty – cider – along with other tasty regional dishes in the hotel’s own typical cider house.Leisure and business guests can both make use of the free Wi-Fi internet service which covers public areas and guestrooms.
- It is as advertised. Great location in a wonderful town. The attached bar/cafe as well as restaurant are excellent.
- The rooms and cabinet dressers had ample space for 2 guests.
- Town centre location, with lots of street life, yet close to the autoroute. Pet friendly.
Check in was quick & easy and the room was well furnished with white bed linen and towels. Room was nice and quiet. Receptionist was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was ample, great coffee, fresh orange juice and then a choice of one pintxos and one pastry fresh fruit and yogurt.
Downstairs restaurant was superb with one of the best T bone steak that I have ever had. The missus was convinced her sirloin was a fillet. Easy access to town, market and the local rail station.
- Central position in Tolosa, close to historical city center. Clean a tidy room, nice shower.
Situated in the middle of one of the most important towns in Guipúzcoa, 4 miles from San Sebastián, this is a highly convenient location whether you are booking a stay for business or tourism.The rooms are spacious and tranquil, ensuring that you enjoy a comfortable stay. In the hotel restaurant you can sample the exquisite Basque cuisine, as well as regional tapas dishes and breakfasts in the cafeteria.There is an exterior parking area in the hotel, making it easy to come by car and explore the nearby towns of Zarautz, Biarritz and San Juan de Luz.
- Great location, friendly and polite staff, clean room and bathroom
Bus to San Sebastian was convenient, 20 min. Cheaper and quicker option.
Had a good stay but price is high for what it is.
- The staff was awesome and the manager was very accommodating with our changes.
The mattress and pillow which are often a problem in hotels were perfect for me.
The hotel was excellent value for money.
The receptionist was friendly and helpful. He spoke good English.
Very comfortable,relaxed Hotel
Would come back again.
Hotel Palacio de Aiete
Hotel Palacio de Aiete offers a gym and rooftop sun terrace, with panoramic views over San Sebastián as well as a Jacuzzi. Each bright room includes flat-screen satellite TV. Free WiFi and parking are also available for guests. There is free parking on a location nearby.The modern, air-conditioned rooms offer a selection of pillows, and a private bathroom with amenities. The property also offers an equipped apartment with a kitchenette on the top floor.Characteristic Basque cuisine is served in the hotel’s elegant restaurant. Hotel Palacio de Aiete also has a coffee shop with a garden courtyard and a terrace.Located on a residential area, Hotel Palacio de Aiete is a 20-minute walk from La Concha Beach and the Miramar Palace. Miramon Technology Park is a 5-minute drive away.
- Large room with free parking. Quiet and clean neighborhood. 20mins walk to the beach.
- Fantastic location, easy to walk or drive all over the city. Great room service with reasonable prices. Comfortable. Balcony off the room. Large tub and shower.
- The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel i located in a nice, clean, quiet and safe neighborhood.
- Friendly staff, options for breakfast, really great restaurant. Parking.
Everything was very nice cosy quiet
Very good and friendly service
This former Medieval inn in the Basque town of Beasain is today a luxurious hotel with a sauna and restaurant. The soundproofed, modern rooms all have free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs.Hotel Dolarea’s rooms have wooden floors, elegant minimalist furniture and white walls. Some have beamed ceilings, and all have modern bathrooms.The Dolarea Hotel has a library as well as a small fitness center. It also has an attractive garden.The Dolarea’s restaurant offers high-quality and innovative cuisine based on traditional Gipuzkoan dishes.Beasain is just 25 mi from San Sebastian and about an hour’s drive from Bilbao.
- The place is so beautiful like a dream, and everyone in the hotel and those from local are so friendly make us feel like home.
Lot of space available on first floor to relax.
Rooms big, spacious
Very nice restaurant
Fantastic Hotel, great position, amazing old refurbished building, the lady at the reception very kind and talkative, great restaurant, impressive low price.
I had a perfect dinner, 3 corses with only 19,80 €!!! Amazing and really good, 1 Michelin *.
Very very good breakfast.
- The room was big and comfy. The restaurant excellent and the breakfast was included in the rate and a great plus. Exceptionally, they open early the breakfast buffet to accommodate my early meeting, very kind staff. Thanks a lot.
Hotel Ibiltze is a modern, functional hotel just 4 miles from San Sebastian. All rooms are exterior-facing and have free Wi-Fi and a 32-inch flat-screen TV.The hotel offers excellent public transportation services to San Sebastian and throughout Guipúzcoa. Bus stops and the train station are both nearby.Free public parking is available by the Hotel Ibiltze. There is also a private garage, available for an extra fee.All rooms also have a telephone and a fan.The Ibiltze offers free use of a 27-inch computer in reception. There is no restaurant, but there are many restaurants nearby.
- Extremely clean, nice peaceful little town, perfect point to explore Donostia SS. The one-star hotel surprisingly better than some 3 star ones. Bus to Donostia stops very close to the hotel and in 20 minutes you are in SS.
- The staff was very friendly and the croissant at breakfast was very very good
- Given the high prices in SS, this hotel was a good place to stay for one night.
- Staff were friendly and it is close to buses directly into San Sebastian which was the purpose of our stay. There was also private parking which was at an additional cost per day/night
- David gave us plenty of information and was super friendly! I would return to this hotel solely based on our interactions with him.
Offering a terrace and views of the mountains, Hotel Imaz is set in the center of Segura. Guests can enjoy an on-site restaurant that serves local produce.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer.San Sebastián is 25 mi from Hotel Imaz, while Vitoria-Gasteiz is 24 mi from the property. San Sebastián Airport is 34 mi away.
- Breakfast is good and they make you eggs on request. Rooms and hotel in general clean, comfortable, new and airconditioned. Restaurant food OK. In middle of small town and plaza, with locals.
- Nice hotel in a really small city. Everything is clean and looking new, I haven´t expected such a comfort in this area!
- Nice town, very helpful owner,incredibly comfortable rooms
- Beautiful, modern and comfortable room. Regardless of the language problems the staff were all very friendly and accommodating.
- Excellent hotel, completely new and paying a lot of attention to details. Clean, nice-looking and comfortable.
Irenaz Resort Hotel Apartamentos
These chic studios and apartments are located in a peaceful area of San Sebastian, near the Miramon Park and Technology Park. All are spacious with private terraces, panoramic views and free internet.Each stylish apartment comes with 1 free parking space, 1 or 2 bedrooms, a separate lounge and a fully equipped kitchen. All apartments are cleaned daily, except the kitchen. Breakfast is available upon request at the complex.Studios feature a microwave, Nespresso machine, fridge and a 49 ft² porch with canopy. They offer direct access to the resort’s Zen garden and terrace. Parking for studios can be found by the main entrance.Irenaz Hotel Apartamentos are located right next to the recreational area and Science Museum at the Miramon Park. The San Sebastian Basozabal Golf Course is just over 0.6 mi away, and the Chillida-Leku Museum is a 3-minute drive away.The shops, bars, beaches and tapas restaurants of central San Sebastian lie within 1.6 mi.
- Very welcoming staff. Good size room with patio. Modern clean resort hotel.
great room for 4 people
easy bus ride to old city and beach with easy taxi ride back
very nice breakfast delivered to your room or terrace … not included in booking price
very nice staff
- Extremely comfortable and secure. Excellent staff! 10 min drive to old town (pinchxos!!!)
- Nice staff, clean rooms, good accommodations for family of 5.
Location is nice
Apt. Is great
Service is excellent
Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra
Overlooking La Concha Bay, this grand 19th-century building is set next to the beach, on San Sebastián’s seafront promenade. It has discounted access to La Perla Spa and air-conditioned rooms with a private balcony.Rooms at the Hotel Londres y de Inglaterra feature classic décor with features dating from the Belle Époque era. They come equipped with flat-screen satellite TV, Wi-Fi connection and a private bathroom.Offering sea views, the hotel’s Mari Galant Brasserie serves traditional Basque food. The English-style Swing Bar serves cocktails and has a seafront terrace.The staff at the Londres Hotel’s 24-hour front desk can help to arrange guided tours, live shows and restaurant reservations. You can also rent a car from the front desk and the hotel has private parking.San Sebastián is famous for its food and the hotel is surrounded by good tapas restaurants. The Kursaal Convention Centre is around a 15-minute walk away, and you can walk to the historic quarter in 5 minutes.
- Beautiful location and view, quiet and very friendly staff!
- Perfectly located. Beach is steps outside the door. Great area for sights, walking, and shopping.
- They were repairing the bathrooms with customers in the hotel instead of closing the hotel for a short time and doing that without disturbing the customers. The noise was terrible and continuous from 9am to 7 pm. I was very lucky with Christina, the reception manager, who gave me a better room on the 7th floor, where the noise was a bit more bearable. I hope they realise how nice she is and how much she saves them when they are doing such things … And I hope she will manage to continue to do that. Thanks a lot, Christina, for everything! Then, they were filming something and the bar was closed and we could not enjoy it. So, if you plan a nice, quiet, relaxing holiday, this is not really the place, despite the wonderful views to the La Concha Bay.
- Excellent location and friendly staff. Oceanview rooms are truly oceanview. And they offer safe off-street parking!
- Private indoor winter garden overlooking the beach, with excellent waiter service
One of our best sellers in San Sebastián! Set on Mount Igeldo, 3 miles from central San Sebastián, Hotel Gudamendi offers fantastic sea views. It is surrounded by gardens and features an outdoor pool with a terrace.All rooms at the Gudamendi Hotel come equipped with air conditioning, free Wi-Fi access and have a private bathroom. They enjoy sea or garden views.The Gudamendi has a bar-cafe and serves a buffet breakfast. The staff at the 24-hour front desk can recommend restaurants in the area.Guests at Hotel Gudamendi enjoy special rates at the 9-hole Basozábal Golf Course, located nearby. The quaint fishing village of Orio is only 5 miles away and free parking is available on site.
- The garden and the view ! Also it was perfectly clean.
- Our stay at this hotel will definitely be memorable for many days to come. The view to the city and to the sea is breathtaking and the atmosphere is lovely. The hotel itself is ver pretty.
- Quiet, quaint, remote. Wish I could have stayed longer for views.
- Especially enjoyed the view and meeting the proprietor, who was at the front desk each morning.
- It was grate 1 night stay . Hope to visit again for more then one night.
Top Hotels In Gaztelu Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Gaztelu Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Gaztelu Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Gaztelu Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!