10 Best Hotels To Stay In Gatesgill Cumbria – Top Hotel Reviews
Gatesgill Cumbria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Gatesgill Cumbria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Gatesgill Cumbria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Gatesgill Cumbria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Gatesgill Cumbria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Gatesgill Cumbria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Gatesgill Cumbria:
Dalston Hall Hotel
Dalston Hall Hotel is located in Carlisle, 19 miles from Keswick and 29 miles from Ambleside. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is room service at the property.Grasmere is 27 miles from Dalston Hall Hotel, and Dumfries is 29 miles away. Newcastle Airport is 52 miles from the property.
- Great spot, lovely staff, awesome castle, really enjoyed our stay. A perfect spot to break up our journey from south England to Scotland. Thanks
- Massive room with 4 poster bed. Nice linen and large TV. Food was of a very high quality. I loved the old hall, would much rather stay in somewhere with a bit of character. I didn’t get a chance to walk the grounds, but they also looked superb. Good wiFi in the room also, although did have to get the router rebooted initially.
- The bed was very comfortable. The heating was great which was important because it was very cold outside. The evening meal of scallops with black pudding was delicious, the filet steak was cooked very well and the sticky toffing pudding was to die for. The full English breakfast was just right. The local ber went down a treat. However, the staff were helpful, courteous and very friendly.
- Very good food in the Restaurant, service excellent. We were upgraded to a suite, which was very nice and unexpected.
- Lovely place , very unique, kept the Hall very much how it was with original features but is very modern and up to date facilities. Would highly recommend
Milton Hilltop Hotel
One of our top picks in Carlisle.Only 1 miles from Carlisle city centre, the Milton Hilltop Hotel is situated in a peaceful location with easy access to the M6 and A69. It boasts an on-site restaurant and a bar. Free WiFi and parking are provided. Guests have free use of the hotel’s indoor pool, spa pool, steam room, sauna and gym.Bright and classic décor features in each room at Milton Hilltop Hotel, along with an en suite bathroom. The rooms also feature a Freeview TV and ironing facilities.Carlisle Rail Station is just 3 minutes’ drive away or a 20-minute walk, while the beauty of the Lake District is a 30-minute drive away.
Room clean and comfortable
Excellent value for the money we paid
- Could not ask for more for the price it’s a bargain!
- Location… tthis is a very good place to Stay as we were on a long journey to Fife. It broke up our Journey.. The Staff here are all good….chatty and nothing is too much trouble.
- We didn’t like anything apart from the friendly staff. This hotel really needs bulldozing and rebuilding. It is very tired and outdated, and has unpleasant smells of damp and petrel permeating everywhere. Although we had intended to take breakfast, for £5 a head, we didn’t fancy it at all, such was the rundown appearance of the place, so went without. Couldn’t wait to leave!
- A warm friendly welcome staff couldn’t have been more helpful, good food, excellent breakfast,Great leisure facilities
- Great breakfast
An independent, family-run hotel in an extended Victorian home, with many impressive original features. Close to the center of Carlisle and the M6 freeway.The Pinegrove Hotel has comfortable (smoking or non-smoking) bedrooms, each with a private bathroom, TV, refreshment tray and telephone.Delicious meals are served for lunch or dinner in the hotel’s bar/restaurant. Ample on-site parking is available.
- Dog friendly not many staff but those that were were friendly and helpful
- Nice big clean room, comfy bed, great staff and good bar selection!
- We liked that we could take our dog to a place in the bar where we could eat and didn’t have to leave her alone in the room. It was the coldest night of the year and we were lovely and warm all night.
- There were plenty of parking places around the building. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Food was excellent. We had an evening meal and two breakfasts at the hotel. 10 out of 10 for both.
- Nice and easy to find, friendly welcome and a big comfy bed after a long drive
Crown & Mitre
One of our top picks in Carlisle.Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Crown & Mitre offers pet-friendly accommodations in Carlisle. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Keswick is 22 miles from Crown & Mitre, and Grasmere is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 50 miles from Crown & Mitre.
- The food could be slightly improved for the price .only having had full English breakfast in my room Wass slightly disappointed as to the amount ..for that price one would expect .few more ingredients toast . Orange juices of sorts. Just the finishing touches one would expect. That being the only good I tried I am unable to comment on the full menus although it does look to be very good chicest. Good selection .
- Great location and friendly staff. Nice bar and restaurant
- We were very impressed with the hotel , we we upgraded to a lovely room over looking the lovely square ,with lots of shops great location .our room was recently renovated to a high standard….
- Bed very comfortable. Staff excellent – nothing too much trouble – friendly and profesional.
- Touch of old Edwardian class….beautiful building in great central position. Lovely room and bath…fluffy robes too. Well trained breakfast staff and large choice of dishes. Easy parking to rear of hotel which fronts the main picturesque square with good shops, pubs and eateries nearby. A good stay and we’ ll be back for the racing another time!
ibis Carlisle City Centre
Ideally located in the historic capital of Cumbria, the ibis Carlisle is just 650 feet from Carlisle Citadel Train Station. On the outskirts of the Lake District, this modern hotel has easy access to highway M6 and local road network.With free Wi-Fi throughout the property, the ibis Carlisle’s 102 rooms include an automatic climate control system and tea and coffee-making facilities. The private shower rooms have a hairdryer.The hotel’s facilities include a 24-hour front desk, car rental services, and free on-site parking. Guests can enjoy light meals in the on-site restaurant and there is a late-night bar with a 24-hour snack service.The Ibis Carlisle hotel has a superb central location, right in the heart of the city. The Lanes Shopping Center is close by. Carlisle Cathedral, the castle, and the Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery are all just a short walk from the hotel.
- Very well-located in the city centre and easy enough to find. The free parking was an excellent bonus. The welcome from the staff was very warm and helpful and they were very clear about everything. The room was clean and tidy and the amenities were adequate for our one-night stay.
- Fantastic location. Very near to the railway station and you can walk straight to the main attractions. Very friendly staff. Kindly provided luggage storage after checking out. I very much appreciate the long desk in the room to work on. The chair and a small “sofa” attached to the desk were both quite comfy. Shower was great.
Room was basic but clean and comfortable.
Free parking was a bonus. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was extra – self service but very nice and plenty of choice.
- Good comfortable room and a great location. Parking at hotel was good. Carlisle is a great place, plenty of restaurants and shops etc.
- Very clean and friendly in a very convenient position.
The County Hotel
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The County Hotel offers pet-friendly accommodations in Carlisle, just 21 miles from Keswick. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms include a sitting area where you can relax. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Grasmere is 30 miles from The County Hotel, and Dumfries is 30 miles away. Newcastle Airport is 50 miles from the property.
- We have stayed here 4 times & each time has been great & we will be booking to stay again in the future
- The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was ‘self-service’ but varied and plentiful.
very spacious room. central location with free parking and free wifi. complimentary tea/coffee
Room and all of hotel was lovely and warm on a cold day
- Staff very good especially quick service to sort the shower. Very comfortable and plenty tea, coffe & biscuits.
- Bed was very comfy. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good price. Nice, hot shower. Plenty of tea and coffee available in the room.
Hallmark Hotel Carlisle
Located in Carlisle, 21 miles from Keswick, Hallmark Hotel Carlisle features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Every room includes a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Grasmere is 30 miles from Hallmark Hotel Carlisle, and Dumfries is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 50 miles from Hallmark Hotel Carlisle.
- The member of staff on reception was really helpful. I couldn’t remember the registration number of my car and had to walk back to the car park to get it in order to register it. He noticed my disability and showed me a short cut through a side door. He also promptly changed my room when I said it was unacceptable (see dislikes).
- Don’t agree with fee for parking had hairs in bath
- Beds,clean and comfy, reception staff and house keeping staff we polite and helpful
- The beds were very comfortable.The evening dinner was very nice. Breakfast was ok. All the staff apart from one were very friendly and helpful.
- Bed was comfy location is perfect especially since I was on crutches wasn’t far too walk too most places
Crown Hotel Wetheral
Crown Hotel Wetheral is located in Carlisle, 23 miles from Keswick and 30 miles from Grasmere. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV and DVD player is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Penrith is 16 miles from Crown Hotel Wetheral, and Hexham is 30 miles away. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 46 miles from the property.
- Leisure club and facilities are excellent. Big, comfy bed. Lovely breakfast and very friendly serving staff.
- Very comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast, part buffet and part served at the table. Lovely food in the bar, we only used the restaurant for breakfast.
- Spacious and comfortable with an excellent view of the gardens from the balcony,room 244.
- Hotel in lovely village. Nice room with comfortable bed and a bathroom with a bath/shower combo. Very tasty breakfast.
- Excellent bar and restaurant – staff very friendly, helpful and well trained. Delicious meal with wine at a reasonable price. Lovely walk along the river – bring walking shoes 🙂
Duke’s Head Inn
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Duke’s Head Inn offers accommodations in Armathwaite, just 30 miles from Windermere. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV is featured.You can play darts at the inn. Keswick is 20 miles from Duke’s Head Inn, and Ambleside is 27 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Newcastle Airport, 45 miles from the property.
- All the staff were dedicated to make me welcome and my stay enjoyable. In particular, Dawn and Kirsty were fantastic. I had to leave early the next morning and they made me a packed breakfast to take with me!
- bed very comfy but no ensuite facilities the bathroom was down the corridor
- We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we walked through the door. Room small, but more than adequate, and very cosy and warm with lovely new ensuite shower room. When we mentioned that we had to get to a function at a hotel in a nearby village, we were immediately offered a lift so that we need not take the car, which we really appreciated. We were served an excellent full English breakfast in the morning.
- I was the only guest staying the first night and one of two the second might but treated like royalty. Double room was very comfortable but a bit tight on space.
- Staff friendly, restaurant excellent, this pub is in an excellent location.
Fox and Pheasant Inn
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Fox and Pheasant Inn offers accommodations in Armathwaite, just 30 miles from Windermere. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. Keswick is 20 miles from Fox and Pheasant Inn, and Ambleside is 27 miles away. Newcastle Airport is 45 miles from the property.
- A lovely old pub. Friendly staff. Good food, great beer & comfortable rooms. Quiet location. Good car park.
- Bed was amazing in room 1 as was view from our window.
- Breakfast was well cooked and presented and plentiful. Dog was given food and water bowls for the room and offered a dog bed, although we had taken our own. Staff were friendly and welcoming. I would definitely go back.
- Beautiful, traditional country inn, serving hearty food and excellent ales. Everyone very friendly, despite my own tired responses.
This was our second time at this lovely pub. The bedroom was very comfortable with an excellent en-suit bathroom. All spotless, nice and warm and quiet for a good night’s sleep. The breakfast is the best in Cumbria and the pub gub’s pretty good too. Excellent beer.
Many thanks Steve Pauline and the staff.
Top Hotels In Gatesgill Cumbria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Gatesgill Cumbria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Gatesgill Cumbria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Gatesgill Cumbria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!