Gamboa is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Gamboa. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Gamboa. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Gamboa. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Gamboa right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Gamboa with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
Skip to the most popular hotels in Gamboa.
10 Best Hotels In Gamboa:
Gamboa Rainforest Resort
Located in Gamboa, 15 miles from Panama City, Gamboa Rainforest Resort features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. The hotel has an outdoor pool and terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Every room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain units include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the river or garden. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is a 24-hour front desk, an ATM and a hairdresser’s at the property.You can play tennis at the hotel. Taboga is 24 miles from Gamboa Rainforest Resort, and Colón is 21 miles from the property. Tocumen International Airport is 21 miles away.
- A beautiful location right on the Chagres River, with the rain forest all around. Gorgeous pool and comfortable room. Sunset river cruise and Gatun lake cruise were wonderful with many lovely sights.
the pool very nice and clean.
the tour on the aerial tram.
guest from all over the world, everyone having a good time.
- The resort has an extraordinary location set in the rainforest reserve and within walking distance to the canal. There are hiking trails and birds everywhere. It is only a short, inexpensive taxi ride to Pipeline Road, a trail of world fame (if you are a birder). The rooms were a bit tired, but the beds were excellent, the view is drop-dead gorgeous and we had a wonderful couple of days. Splurge for a high-floor, river view room and lie in your hammock overlooking the panoramic view. Do take the boat excursion just to get out onto the canal in the late afternoon. There were lots of baby crocs when we were there.
- The resort is absolutely breathtaking needs refurbishing lots of unfinished work.
- The location is wonderful and the pool is very nice.
Radisson Summit Hotel & Golf Panama
Featuring free WiFi and a fitness center, Radisson Summit Hotel & Golf Panama offers accommodations in Paraíso, just 9 miles from Panama City. The hotel has an outdoor pool and year-round outdoor pool, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have views of the pool or garden. The rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Taboga is 18 miles from Radisson Summit Hotel, and Colón is 28 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 17 miles from the property.
- Receipton staff really tried to help. The room was very comfortable and big. Breakfast staff including breakfast also very nice. We came from Albrook Mall by bus for 1 USD. Bus station in front of Hotel. Transfer to Gamboa Discovery center is available for 23 USD.
- Great beds and view from balcony . Nice nature path and surroundings.
- Wonderful location to explore different parts of Panama. A very relaxing place compared to the bustling and traffic congestion of Panama City Which is only 19 miles away from the hotel. The staff was great and a great place for bird watching.
- We had a’package rate’ for 3 nights which was very good value. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is well placed for the Panama Canal, the various walks such as the ‘pipeline walk’ for bird watching and is on the right side of the city for driving to the Spanish forts on the Caribbean coast. There is also good birding in the grounds of the hotel!
- The buffet, the quiet, the staff, the free shuttle
Monkey Lodge Panama
Located in Chilibre, 12 miles from Panama City, Monkey Lodge Panama features a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms include views of the pool or garden. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. Taboga is 23 miles from Monkey Lodge Panama, and Colón is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 16 miles from Monkey Lodge Panama.
- Amazing hosts, delicious home made food. Fantastic place. Sabrine is a great cook! Fabrice is super knowledgeable about the wildlife and culture and has a great sense of humour !
- Environment beautiful garden, Owner Friendly , Close to National Park
- Quietness, pool and lounge area. Viewing the monkeys. Friendly staff. The dogs were sweet and also friendly.
Hosts are from France but speak excellent English. We arrived in our own car rented from Panama City airport in less than an hour on excellent toll roads almost the entire way using Google maps. We easily drove to nearby hiking trails to do birdwatching.
Lodge is 3 separate cabins in a large private walled area at the top of a hill in a private upscale residential area. Gardens and pool area lovely to sit in after active siteseeing.
Great meals – they provided 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners (we got what was provided and did not make any special requests) Flexible on timing for meals including extra early for birdwatching. Bar open when needed. Wine and fridge in room. We did not take their tours as we were already arranged but were told by other visitors they were great.
- Perfect garden, nice pool and really funny monkeys and dogs. French owners and their team are overall good hosts. The channel trip was great and lunck package was perfect. The room was not very big, but sufficient.
Holiday Inn Panama Canal
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a year-round outdoor pool, Holiday Inn Panama Canal offers accommodations in Panama City, just 14 miles from Taboga. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain units include a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Gamboa is 12 miles from Holiday Inn Panama Canal, and Ancón is 15 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 14 miles from Holiday Inn Panama Canal.
- Good location for city of knowledge and miraflores Locke’s..
- The service with a smile! When we were unhappy and unable to sleep in the room we reserved the front desk changed us with a smile and when THAT room also turned out to be too noisy they changed us to a 3rd room in the back over the pool. The bedding was very comfortable.
- nice location, but if they give you a room at the first floor you can not see the canal. Breakfast very basic. Rooms are big but very old need a refurbishment. Swimming pool is for kids very small.
- Supportive very staff and good breakfast. The location is quite nice closed to the canal. Was a great view from my room in the top.
- Great location to visit the Panama Canal. Friendly and available staff. Good breakfast.
Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall
One of our top picks in Panama City – and a guest favorite.
Featuring free WiFi and a fitness center, Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall offers accommodations in Panama City. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and features a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.There is a shops at the property.Taboga is 12 miles from Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, and Gamboa is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 13 miles from the property.
- Check-in was fast, if a bit impersonal. I was upgraded to a Master Suite (thanks, Booking.com!) so the room was HUGE and very comfortable. Very clean. Good facilities (mini fridge, coffee maker, ironing board etc). The breakfast buffet has absolutely everything you could hope for, including custom-made omelettes. The gym was handy and decently equipped, and I like that it’s on the roof!
- It had a comfortable room, and a delicious buffet stye breakfast, it has an exit directly to the mall, so you can go shopping and take a stroll whenever you want.
- Very good continental breakfast included, pool was very nice, Hasaki sushi lounge very good.
- Comfortable room, conveniently located to AlBrook Airport for internal Panama flights.
1. direct access to mall! …superb mall directory
2. piping hot shower!
3. accommodating staff
4. room location – 8th floor: city views, rooftop pool & bar; gym
5. above average architecture & decor overall
One of our best sellers in Panama City! A 5 minute drive from Marcos A. Gelabert Airport, Albrook Inn is just 2.5 miles from central Panama City. It features an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and a restaurant overlooking its attractive gardens.The Albrook Inn has simple, modern décor and offers rooms with balconies and views of the grounds. All accommodations comes equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi.A range of Panamanian cuisine is served in the Albrook’s restaurant. There is also a terrace.The Inn has a picturesque setting, less than half a mile from Camino de Cruces National Park. The famous Panama Canal is a 20 minute drive away.
- The site and it’s birds. The restaurant and it’s staff . The swimming pool .
- The location is beautiful and the grounds are well kept.
- The breakfast buffet was kept topped up by friendly staff and the location is perfect for the domestic airport and Albrook Bus station.
- The pool was great. Staff was exceptional and the beds are very comfortable. Location is good and I love the nature feel in the city .
- There were no croissants extra flaky. Bed was cozy. What I liked the most it was a very quiet place, surrounded with vegetation.
Global Hotel Panama
One of our top picks in Panama City – and a guest favorite.
Located in Panama City in the region of Panama, 13 miles from Taboga, Global Hotel Panama features an outdoor pool and sun terrace. The hotel has a hot tub and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some units include a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of coffee while looking out at the sea or city. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, slippers and free toiletries.There is a 24-hour front desk, business center, concierge services and a hairdresser’s at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from Global Hotel Panama, and Ancón is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- Champagne greeting upon arrival, sweets in the room, Nice touch on the level of pillow comfort, 4 different pillows to choose from, goose down to bamboo, medium to low firm. Excellent, slept like a baby with a great complimentary breakfast in the morning. Highly recommend!
- First time in my life I loved to spend time in hotel bathroom as much as I do at home and I really fell asleep the same second my head just touched the surface of pillow on bed. I visited this hotel twice and I highly recommend to chose the rooms with a nice view (highest floor). Surroundings of hotel is verry convenient: restaurants, shops, metrostation. Helpful staff and variety of food for breakfest.
- Room was great, and the welcome treat was a nice touch. Good selection at breakfast.
- Great location almost at the center of Panama City. Metro and an upscale shopping mall within walking distance from the hotel.
- This hotel is very luxurious, the rooms are very spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom is the size of a small room. Nice espresso machine in room. Were received with champagne when we checked in. After long trip we did not feel like going out and ate on the hotel restaurant. Had sea bass and chicken cordon blue. Both were excellent and the price was extremely reasonable. We had the fabulous breakfast the next day which was included Fresh fruit, omelet made to order, rice with vegetables and beans ,steak strips plus waffles and pancakes any kind of bread, compares to a breakfast on a cruise ship! Front desk arranged for taxi to airport, person was waiting for us when we checked out. Beautiful pool with great views of Panama City. We will definitely come back here. Staff could not have been nicer and helpful.
Eurostars Panama City
One of our top picks in Panama City.Located in the Obarrio neighborhood in Panama City, 13 miles from Taboga, Eurostars Panama City features air-conditioned rooms and free private parking. The hotel has an outdoor pool and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. The rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk and hairdresser’s at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Gamboa is 15 miles from Eurostars Panama City, and Ancón is 14 miles from the property. Tocumen International Airport is 11 miles away.
Beautiful view from the room!!! Also from the rooftop – just amazing!
Big and clean rooms
Beautiful pool on the rooftop
Good Breakfast Buffet
It was Farley clean, but their were only face towels, when I mentioned to the staff check the frigid invintory the next morning , even no he new what I was talking about for after my shower he replied we don’t suppley beach towels.
The morning breckfest tables could have been cleared off a lot faster and utensils were not kept up. The food was good. Overall I would stay again , I would just make sure befor I take a shower the next morning Thai’s were towels.
- This is a lovely place! If the prices stay this low, I can’t imagine a better place in Panama City.
- Very Large comfortable bedroom, nicely appointed. Fantastic views from restaurant/bar. Breakfast buffet reasonable
- A good breakfast, good location, free parking but most of all a modern clean facility
- Beautiful view from the room!!! Also from the rooftop – just amazing!
DoubleTree by Hilton Panama City
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and an outdoor pool, DoubleTree by Hilton Panama City offers accommodations in Panama City, just 13 miles from Taboga. The hotel has a hot tub and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk, gift shop, and shops at the property.Gamboa is 15 miles from DoubleTree by Hilton Panama City, and Ancón is 14 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tocumen International Airport, 12 miles from DoubleTree by Hilton Panama City.
- Location, comfortable bed and pillows, pleasant staff.
- The people are really nice and attentive. The place is great location. The rooms are comfortable and spacious.
- The beds were confortable. Nice to be offered a good cookie upon arrival.
- Nice rooms, good lighting, good facilities, good breakfast
- Great Location and comfortable. Very good hotel for the price.
RIU Plaza Panama
Located in Panama City in the region of Panama, 13 miles from Taboga, RIU Plaza Panama features a year-round outdoor pool and sauna. The hotel has a sun terrace and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TVwith cable channels, as well as an iPod docking station are available. Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a hairdresser’s at the property.The hotel also provides car rental. Gamboa is 15 miles from RIU Plaza Panama, and Ancón is 14 miles from the property. Tocumen International Airport is 11 miles away.
- Incredible place to stay. Exceeded all of our expectations
- The choice of the breakfast buffet is overwhelming
- firstly the location of this state of the art-building is best downtown ever! spacy, bright and comfortable modern rooms with a breathtaking skyline-view. amazing breakfast is offered including, meeting every kind of taste you may have. i had a prob with a very noisy neighbour, so the riu-staff changed me immediately to another room, very uncomplicated. the large pool-area is a dream to stay and relax without any worries to maby not catch one of the numberous sunbeds. enjoy a sunny day in central panamaCity under majestic palmtrees next to you, or at the poolbar. my very kind of what i call a “stadthotel”.
- The location was perfect. It was close walking distance or a short cab ride away from everything/everywhere I wanted/needed to go.
My wife and I have stayed at the Riu several times. The Riu is a nice, well appointed hotel, centrally located in Panama City. In all respects, save one, it is an excellent choice for a stay in the city.
The one significant deficiency in the hotel is its staff. While the front desk personnel are adequate, the rest of the staff is missing in “inaction”. I have never encountered such indifferent, unengaged, listless people as at the Riu. Most just stand around waiting for something to happen! The staff at the Riu is the least motivated hotel staff I have ever encounterd.
Top Hotels In Gamboa Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Gamboa to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Gamboa but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Gamboa. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!