10 Best Hotels To Stay In Gama Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Gama Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Gama Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Gama Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Gama Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Gama Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Gama Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Gama Cantabria:
Hotel Las Ruedas
Hotel Las Ruedas is located 2.5 mi from Laredo’s Salvé Beach. This beautiful building has original stained glass windows and offers rooms with flat-screen satellite TV and free Wi-Fi.Each room at the Las Ruedas Hotel features air conditioning and tiled floors. All rooms have a private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries.Las Ruedas has a bar and a traditional restaurant, serving characteristic Cantabrian cuisine. Staff at reception can arrange car or bike rental and provide information about the region.Located in the Cantabrian countryside between Laredo and Santoña, the hotel is a 2-minute drive from the A8 Motorway. Santander is 28 mi away and Bilbao is 37 mi away. Las Ruedas offers free private parking.
The restaurant served exceedingly good local food. Very good wines.
A good sign was that most of the customers were local.and well known to each other
- Comfortable, good breakfast. Good location. Excellent restaurant.
- Short trip from Santander ferry port. Parking for motorcycle was good. Great food in the restaurant. Room clean and tidy. Staff helpful and friendly.
- Private parking, close access to major routes to Santander/Bilbao. Breakfast. Close to beaches of Laredo and adjacent towns. Close to the hills inland too. Great price.
- Hotel was very comfortable and an interesting if slightly quirky old building.
- The restaurant served exceedingly good local food. Very good wines.
San Román de Escalante
The charming San Román de Escalante dates from the 17th century and features striking, individually decorated rooms with pieces of art work. Surrounded by gardens, it features a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and a restaurant with a wine cellar.Opening onto a balcony, the spacious rooms at San Román de Escalante have high ceilings and classic décor. Some include features such as beamed ceilings, marble pillars or 4-poster beds.All rooms have air conditioning, a TV, mini-bar, coffee maker and a private bathroom with free toiletries.You can enjoy creative, local dishes in the Escalante’s restaurant. There is also a relaxing lounge area and a terrace overlooking the lovely gardens.The surrounding area is ideal for horse riding and walking. The beaches at Santoña can be reached in 15 minutes by car, while the fishing villages of Noja and Laredo are within 9.3 mi of the hotel.
- A delightful refuge, with an outstanding dinner. Quiet, peaceful, and our suite was enormous.
- Excellent location only half an hour from Santander.
- Truly impressive hotel set in and around an old country house in a very large plot of land. Full of gorgeous art of all kinds, too many to describe here. Staff delightful. Room spacious, clean and comfortable. Food excellent.
- Pool area was gorgeous and breakfast was fantastic.
- Beautifull jewel, pefect location, quiet, nice … real holiday feeling. Swimmingpoll nice for grown-ups. Suites large and individualised. Perfect bathroom.
Hotel Rural en Escalante Las Solanas
Hotel Rural en Escalante Las Solanas is set in Cantabria’s green countryside, just 2.5 mi from Berria Beach. This traditional country house offers simple rooms with a TV and free Wi-Fi.Each room at the Escalante Las Solanas has views of the surrounding hills and fields. Rooms also feature central heating and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Las Solanas has a TV lounge and a café with terrace, where snacks and drinks are served. There are also various restaurants in the village of Escalante, offering characteristic Cantabrian cuisine.Hotel Rural en Escalante Las Solanas is just 4.3 mi from the fishing village of Santoña, famous for its anchovies. The beaches of Noja, Ris and Trengandín are 3.1 mi away, while Santander is 22 mi away.The A8 Motorway is within a 2-minute drive, and free parking can be found nearby.
- Las Solanas is in a beautiful location, opposite the river, which has breathtaking views, as well as a 5 minute drive to the incredible beach. The hotel is in the heart of the village, which makes it convenient and is very easy to find. Limited parking is possible directly outside the hotel. Dogs are welcomed. The staff obviously take a lot of care with cleaning.
- The staff were very friendly and the buffet breakfast was excellent value for money
- Great hotel in a quiet, area, despite the language barrier the woman I met was very friendly and helpful.
- Small and friendly, good location for travelling from.
- Very comfortable room with modern bathroom and furnishings, located in a beautifully restored house.
Hotel Posada La Robleda
Designed to look like a characteristic Cantabrian country mansion, La Robleda offers beautiful interiors, modern facilities including free Wi-Fi, and a lovely setting surrounded by gardens.This classic-style hotel is perfect for a relaxing getaway and for discovering the stunning scenery of Cantabria.Rooms at the Robleda are spacious and attractive, with tiled floors and wooden ceiling beams. Gaze out at the landscape from your private balcony.The hotel is a perfect refuge for reading and working. Soak up the tranquility in the library, or admire the building’s sophisticated décor.Take advantage of free private parking onsite to drive through the charming, traditional villages of Cantabria.You can make use of the Robleda’s tour desk and free Wi-Fi to plan routes across the region.
Friendly, most helpful host who could not have done more to make our stay a success,
Beautiful breakfasts of fruit, fresh crispy pastries, ham, cheese, homemade cake and good coffee.
Garden and indoor area for guests to relax in. Beautifully decorated throughout.
- how Spain exists on cold cheese and ham in the morning is amazing
- We were made to feel extremely welcome from the moment we arrived. This is a beautiful country house, set in lovely countryside, yet near the coast, ideally placed about 40 minutes or so from Santander. Perfect for ferry travellers passing through, but well worth spending a few nights there and exploring the local region, with a very good restaurant close by at Isla, a lovely beach at Berria, and the coastal town of Santona having lots to offer.
- A very comfortable and tasteful B&B. Both room and bathroom were spacious. A very tasty breakfast. The host was very friendly and helpful although communication was difficult due to not speaking a common language. There are plenty of things to do nearby and restaurants to visit.
- Very good breakfast, it was a delight to enter the breakfast room to be greeted by the display. La Robleda is surrounded by beautiful countryside including a delightful riverside walk along a dedicated green way.
- Friendly, most helpful host who could not have done more to make our stay a success,
One of our top picks in Laredo.This rural-style hotel is located just 100 feet from Salve beach, on coastline of Cantabria, and is the ideal place for spending a relaxing vacation in a stunning natural seafront setting.Hotel Cortijo boasts exterior facing rooms, in which you can enjoy plenty of natural light. They also come with satellite TV.In the evening you can enjoy a drink in the on site bar, before going for a meal in one of the restaurants in the town of Laredo – the center is 1,000 feet from the hotel.Cortijo is an ideal base for exploring the natural beauty of this region of Cantabria, including Cabárceno Nature Reserve. Bilbao and Santillana del Mar are within easy reaching distance of the hotel.
- It was one street behind the main beach from walk. Cozy little place. The single room had a big bed in it but the bathroom was tiny. Free breakfast but it wasn’t great.
- For the price this was great value in a proper hotel. Shame they don’t make more use of their lovely dining room but we did visit off season when the town was very quiet.
- Very good location close to the beach. Nice service and relaxing atmosphere. Comfortable room with terrace.
- Very helpful staff they allowed us to park our motorcycles inside the locked courtyard. This was our third stay here and we would certainly stay here again.
- Typically Spanish good accommodation. Nice bathroom. Pleasant decor.
Hotel Playamar Spa
Hotel Playamar is set on Laredo’s seafront promenade, 500 feet from the yacht club. It offers free WiFi, a spa, and rooftop terrace with a seasonal outdoor swimming pool.Modern rooms feature a private terrace and flat-screen TV, heating and a safe. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and hydro-massage column.The buffet restaurant serves traditional Cantabrian cuisine in a bright, modern dining room. There is also a bar-cafeteria where drinks and snacks are available.For an extra charge, guests can relax in the Playamar spa, which includes an indoor pool with swan neck water jets.Playamar Hotel has a 24-hour reception. There is easy access to the A8 Motorway and Santander Airport is 27 mi away.
- Bright clean room, recently refurbished bathroom, small balcony with sea view. Helpful staff. Very good continental breakfast buffet with a glass of cava if you wanted !! Hotel is right next to the stunning Salve beach. Quiet at night with just the sound of the waves and the odd few people coming back early hours.
- Right on the beach with amazing views if that’s what you are looking for. The room was comfortable and the shower delightful.
Amazing view from room
Nice and quiet
Nice swimming pool
- The front beach location. The room is nice and the toilet.
- Fabulous location for a quiet break. The rooftop pool is tiny but has great views.
Gran Hotel Liber & Spa Playa Golf
This spa hotel is located 1,000 feet from Noja’s Ris Beach, 45 minutes’ drive from Santander. It offers rooms with free WiFi.The hotel’s AguaMarinaSpa features a hydrotherapy pool, Scottish showers and hammam. There is also an indoor cascade pool, and for children there is a mini-club.The air-conditioned rooms at Gran Hotel Liber & Spa Playa Golf come with a private balcony, flat-screen TV and fridge. They also have a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The La Marea Restaurant serves a buffet breakfast every morning and it offers international food for lunch and dinner. The Pleamar Café serves drinks and light meals throughout the day.Cabárceno Nature Park, which is an open-air zoo, is around 45 minutes’ drive away. The hotel is easily accessible from the A8 Motorway.
Very friendly and helpful the managers and staff . We liked the breakfast, cleaning the rooms was performed every day!
The location of the parking and the availability of the parking.
- Comfortable beds. Air conditioned rooms. Bar very good, barman was excellent.
- Location is perfect! The service is very good and all the personnel working there are very kind. It is perfect for holidays!
Location close to the beach, supermarket, hiking area in a quiet area. The buffet-style food is ideal for a family. Specifically if you do not speak the Spanish language, since most/all of the restaurants in Noja are Spanish only.
The nearby beach is very beautiful. Both sand and rocks. And the big variation in views thanks to the tides offers something extra.
A walk from Playa de Ris to Playa Trengandin along the green coast is very worthwhile as well.
The personel was really nice and helpful, greetings for a handsome cook and nice receptionist that checked us in 😉
The spa was great – relaxing!!!
Food was amazing! We had breakfasts included and ordered ourselves a dinner also and it was delicious 😉 we recommend that chocolate cake!
Room looked really nice and clean.
We know that we will come back soon! See you!
- Very friendly and helpful the managers and staff . We liked the breakfast, cleaning the rooms was performed every day!
Risco Cantabria Experience
Set in a rustic building overlooking Laredo Bay, this family-run hotel offers views of the mountains and the Port. It features free Wi-Fi, a gourmet restaurant and rooms with a flat-screen TV and balcony.Risco Cantabria Experience’s main restaurant serves traditional and contemporary Cantabrian cuisine. Guests can enjoy fine dining and panoramic views on the terrace located at the entrance of the hotel. Gluten-free meals are also available upon request.The bright rooms at the Risco Cantabria Experience include vintage décor with rustic 19th Century furniture. Each room has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The hotel is ideally located for nature lovers, placed among some of the most important hiking routes on the Costa Oriental.Risco Cantabria Experience is located just off the A8 Motorway, a 10-minute walk from Laredo center. Santander is a 30-minute drive away. There is free private parking on site.
- Fabulous view, room with balcony to watch sunset. Nice decor, bedroom very clean and comfortable, nice public areas. Enjoyed dinner.
- Nice balcony and outside area with good views over Laredo.
- Accommodation was very quiet and clean and the staff very nice
- Absolutely superb meals produced from the kitchen at the hotels restaurant, every meal was a winner. There are 25 rooms with lovely views over the city, and the 26th is on a back corner, with next to no views. You can walk into the city, but it’s about 1km plus 145 steps – ok going down, not so returning ! Nice staff too.
The terrace and the view. Proximity to A8.
2012 Chateau Musar on the wine list at a very reasonable price.
Dog made very welcome.
Hotel Rural El Solar del Mazo
Featuring free WiFi, El Solar del Mazo offers accommodations in Rada, 29 mi from Bilbao. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a private bathroom with a bath or shower and hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.The guest house also offers car hire.Santander is 17 mi from El Solar del Mazo, while Suances is 28 mi away. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 17 mi from El Solar del Mazo.
Wonderful hosts, beautiful hotel, great location.
We stayed for one night on our way home from a family holiday. We didn’t want to stay in Santander the night before our boat home. I found this perfect hotel as it wasn’t too far from the port but was very traditional.
The hosts could not have been lovelier and the hotel itself is absolutely stunning. We would highly recommend and will definitely return in the future.
- Atmosphere, location, hospitality and overall cleanliness were all perfect
- The finca has been restored by the family who are now running it as a hotel. The furnishings are beautiful and our room was spacious and comfortable. The owners could not have been more welcoming and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. Wonderful stay and terrific value.
El trato de la familia que lo regenta en increíble.
Cayetana nos recibió como si fueramos de la familia.
El hotel es encantador.
El desayuno es fenomenal y los dueños de la casa te cuidan como si fueras uno mas de la familia
Todo, me gusto todo.
Para volver más veces.
Manuela y el servicio muy amables, como si estuviéramos en casa.
- Wonderful hosts, beautiful hotel, great location.
Hosteria Los Laureles
Hostería Los Laureles is located 1,300 feet from Trengandín Beach in Noja, on Spain’s Cantabrian coast. It offers a 24-hour reception and colorful rooms with free Wi-Fi and a private balcony.The individually decorated rooms at Los Laureles feature tiled floors and plenty of natural light. Each one comes with central heating, a TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The guest house has a communal TV lounge with sofas and a fireplace. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in Cantabria.Los Laureles is 45 minutes’ drive from Santander, where there is an airport and a ferry terminal. You can drive to Bilbao in around an hour.
- Good position close to Santander. Free parking on site. Everything was good and the breakfast had orange juice, coffee and toast served to the table and small fresh baguettes with a good selection of other foods.
- A beautiful hotel that gave a lovely break from the Camino. Room was gorgeous and loved that there was a little washing line to use out of the front window. The lady was so kind and packed our breakfast as we departed early the next morning. Nice and quiet to sleep.
- The hosts were very friendly and couldn’t do enough for us. Breakfast was good and again friendly. Would heartily recommend.
La amabilidad y simpatía de la propietaria .
- La estancia bien, todo muy correcto en cuanto calidad precio.Cerca de la playa.
Top Hotels In Gama Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Gama Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Gama Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Gama Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!