10 Best Hotels To Stay In Galdakao Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Galdakao Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Galdakao Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Galdakao Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Galdakao Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Galdakao Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Galdakao Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Galdakao Basque Country:
This charming hotel is located in Galdakao, just 10 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. It offers attractive rooms with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and a private bathroom.The hotel’s Petit Komité Restaurant serves gourmet Basque food, using fresh, seasonal produce. There is also a weekly themed evening, when the chefs offer dishes from around the world.Iraragorri has a garden with a terrace where you can enjoy a drink in the sun. There is also a jogging circuit and sports center nearby.Zuhatzu Train Station is next to the hotel, connecting you with central Bilbao in 15 minutes. There are also good connections to Santander and San Sebastián via the A-8 and A-68 Motorways.
- After a month of travel this hotel was the stand out that we will always return to when nearby. We had a car and didn’t want to stay in Bilbao proper as parking and driving can be difficult when returning to visit our daughter. We choose this place based on reviews and where blown away by the value, the service and the best food we ate while traveling throughout the culinary Basque region of Northern Spain/ Southern France. This was the warmest service, best food we had on our month long trip. The comfortable lodging was very clean though without some of the modern comforts as the rooms are in older home that has been converted into a hotel. Free on site parking and easy access into Bilbao are real plus!
- We had an amazingly warm welcome by Maria. They made us feel incredibly welcome in their home. We changed our plans to stay for dinner and had a wonderful meal.
The staff was excellent and the food in the restaurant was superb. I can’t say enough about how well we were treated and how welcome we were made to feel. All in all a wonderful
- The place is a small cottage typical from the bask country rebuilt with very good taste. The rooms and bathroom come with excellent size and amenities. Both dinner and breakfast were fabulous. Personnel extremely kind. Easy to find and parking available on site. I definitely recommend it.
- The owners were very friendly! I highly recommend eating the breakfast in their quaint dinning area. Everything was homemade and absolutely delicious and was served family style. I stayed one night there with several of my cousins and we were all able to eat in one large table. This B&B was a few blocks from the train station which we took to Bilbao for the evening for drinks, tapas and desserts.
Casa Rural Miamendi
Casa Rural Miamendi offers elegant accommodations in a rural setting. It is just 15-20 minutes’ drive from Bilbao Airport and the city center. Free Wi-fi is available throughout the hotel.All rooms at Miamendi feature parquet flooring and an elegant rustic décor. They all offer panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. The private bathroom has a shower and includes toiletries.The cozy living-reading room features a fireplace and a TV.San Sebastián is about 1 hours’ drive from the hotel, and Getxo marina can be reached in 25 minutes by car.
- The owner of the place was extremely nice and helpful. I felt like I was at home. Every morning breakfast was available for me and the location is perfect for a relaxing vacation.
- The place was beautiful, comfortable, clean, the owner has a heart of gold.
- very close/convenient to our destination restaurant
- Nice homestay with an excellent hostess. It is the closest hotel to Azurmendi Restaurant which is one of the best restaurants in the world.
- The host picked us up when we missed the turn. Saved us lots of backtracking. The facility could use a sign on the main road.
Located in Basauri, 2.5 mi from Bilbao, Hotel Armiñe features a restaurant with a terrace. All rooms include air conditioning, a private bathroom, balcony and satellite TV.Bilbao Airport is 5 mi from the hotel and the train station is just a 5-minute walk away. Guests can also park at the hotel in the underground garage.There is a 24-hour front desk at Hotel Armiñe and staff are happy to offer guests information on the surrounding area.The nearest metro station is 5 minutes’ walk from the property.
- Staff fantastic! Wifi fast, parking available, comfortable bed. Big rooms. Jogging paths nearby
Room was spacious and with a balcony. Housekeeping unobtrusive and good. Restaurant was moderately pricey (particularly compared to the many local pintxos bars) but very good quality food.
Reception was classy marble throughout and all staff were helpful with several good English speakers.
Good metro link into Bilboa centre, within easy walking distance.
- The room, bed, staff was very kind, location is great. We asked for balcony and they gave us the room with the balcony.
- We liked staff , Russian speaking receptionist was absolutely awesome and very helpful,all good apart location
- Location is really good for local shops and amenities. Staff are friendly and helpful.
This design hotel, with free parking and Wi-Fi, offers a peaceful, value-for-money alternative for trips to Bilbao.Set in Zamudio, 3.7 miles outside Bilbao, the Aretxarte is a modern hotel with superb, convenient facilities.Rooms at the Aretxarte are fully air conditioned, and feature a balcony where you can relax and enjoy the quiet.Take advantage of the free parking to drive down to Bilbao, including the world-famous Guggenheim Museum – the hotel’s tour desk can provide you with all the information you need.Enjoy tasty local food at the restaurant, including fresh seafood, where you can choose from a wide selection of Spanish wine.
- Very near the airport, staff was super nice and attentive (even when the restaurant was closed by the time we arrived, they provided us a little snack. Likewise, next day we needed to leave very early and the receptionist kindly provided us breakfast)
- Beautiful property with park setting. Was looking forward to a quiet evening before my flight the next day but there was a lively wedding. Nevertheless staff was great, food was good. I would definitely stay here again.
- Was there for one night and left early in the morning for airport. Staff was incredibly helpful. Shower head was not great but otherwise room was fine and twin beds were large and very comfortable. Restaurant was very active and fun. Wait staff was great. Reception in early am was very helpful and kind and got us a taxi right on time.
- The staff’s attention -especially Jóse and David (from Venezuela)- was marvelous. Very helpful and friendly. Jóse was very nice to us, even if he was quite busy doing three and four things at the same time. The hotel is located in a Technological Park (no stores close by), yet there is a bus stop at about 200 meters distance where you can take the bus to the center of Bilbao. Just a few blocks away from the Guggenheim Museum. This was a recommendation from Jóse which we really appreciated!
- The location to the Bilbao airport was great, took literally 10 min to get to the airport. The hotel is in a quiet area that has a great atmosphere. The staff was fantastic and the bar/casual dining area was great. Would definitely stay here again or recommend to friends.
Hotel Gran Bilbao
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! This stylish design hotel offers free Wi-Fi and spacious rooms with flat-screen satellite TV. It is located 10 minutes’ walk from Bilbao Cathedral and the popular Seven Streets district.Rooms at the Hotel Gran Bilbao feature colorful modern décor and wooden furniture. Each room has a mini-bar, air conditioning and a large bathroom with a hairdryer.The Gran Bilbao’s bright restaurant serves avant-garde cuisine. The hotel also has a café-bar and an elegant lounge area in the lobby.With direct access from the A8 Motorway, the hotel is only a 15-minute drive from Bilbao Ferry Port. Buses to the city center stop outside the hotel, and Atxuri Tram station is just 2,450 feet away.
We had our medium size dog with us – treats and food and separate water bowl and mat were in the room for him. Room
Huge. Staff very helpful and their fresh tuna burger was excellent. Highly recommend.
- Very good hotel and it’s facilities. However, the location is out of the centre. Very good for people travelling for buisness.
- The hotel was right in Bilbao and relatively close to sights and attractions.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The room was perfect.
- Breakfast was delicious. They had many Spanish and Basque specialties. The people in the restaurant and the lounge bar were very kind. The house keepers did a great job. The rooms were very clean. I would use them again.
- We had our medium size dog with us – treats and food and separate water bowl and mat were in the room for him. Room
Ibis Budget Bilbao Arrigorriaga
Offering a continental breakfast buffet with coffee, pastries, cereals and fruits, Ibis Budget Bilbao Arrigorriaga is located just 10 minutes’ drive from Bilbao. Free WiFi is available in all areas.Each air-conditioned room includes a flat-screen TV and seating area with a desk. The private bathroom features a shower. All rooms have easy access for disabled.There is easy access to A8 and A68 Motorways with good connections to Santander and San Sebastian. Bilbao Airport can be reached within a 20-minute drive away.
Excellent price and quite good accommodation
Very clean and comfortable.
- As usual with IBIS properties facilities are always clean.
- Comfortable room – all we needed for a one night transit stop. Plenty of choice for breakfast.
- Quiet area close to the city (13 minutes by train)
- The hotel is perfect for a short stay. It was clean, reception staff was always welcoming you.
- Excellent price and quite good accommodation
Hotel Rural Matsa
The Hotel Rural Matsa is a former wine press in the countryside just outside Bilbao. There is free Wi-Fi and free onsite parking.The rooms are all individually decorated in a rural style. All have TV and telephone, and many have good views of the surrounding countryside.The Matsa has large gardens and a lounge with a fireplace.Hotel Rural Matsa is well located for exploring the area north of Bilbao. Train and bus stations can be found just 1,300 feet away; from here there are trains to Bilbao every 30 minutes. Bilbao Airport is about 1.9 mi away, and the hotel offers good access to the A-8 motorway.
- Exceptional hosts and a marvelous communal dinner. Excellent value for pilgrims.
- The grounds and the house itself are gorgeous. The couple who runs it are fabulous, very accommodating and friendly.
- The hosts are very nice. Check-in and check-out for this hotel was perfect. The location is good. All facilities are clean and comfortable. Our rooms were spacious and Dinner was good, breakfast was a typical Spanish breakfast I certainly recommend this hotel for who is walking the Camino del Norte and prefers sleeping in a hotel
- Very friendly welcoming to the hotel. The owner greeted us and even carried our suitcases up the stairs. Fire was burning in the fireplace in the lounging area. Great way to relax.
- Very friendly and helpful owners. Nice tranquil location even though at edge of industrial area. Very convenient to Bilbao.
Hotel Harrison Etxea
Offering a restaurant serving Basque cuisine, Hotel Harrison Etxea is located in Amorebieta-Etxano. Set by Amorebieta Train Station, the hotel is 15 minutes’ drive from Bilbao.With a traditional façade, each bright room features a TV and private bathroom with a bathtub and hairdryer.Hotel Harrison Etxea is 5 minutes’ walk from Santa Maria Church, as well as a variety of lively bars and local restaurants. Bermeo, on the Bay of Biscay coast, is a 30-minute drive away. Bilbao Airport is 12 mi from the property.
- Charming town, Good location, Interesting Building, close to the potato
- Restaurant closed on the day of our visit. No helpful advice from staff of alternative venues. No sign of any restaurants in walking distance, locals knew of none. Eventually discovered a bar that offered hot food. The staff at breakfast time ( 7.30am ) were very surly and unhelpful. The hotel, the rooms were entirely satisfactory but the staff left a lot to be desired
- Camas cómodas, limpio, tranquilo, buen restaurante, céntrico.
- Pas grand chose nous avons été déçu par cet hôtel qui ne ressemble pas aux photos sur internet
- hôtel cosy et bien situé, très grande chambre propre et confortable, salle de bains très bien, personnel accueillant et agréable
Conveniently located next to Euba Train Station and the A-8 Motorway, Euba Hotel is just 20 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. It offers free Wi-Fi and modern rooms with a balcony.Hotel Euba offers a café service for drinks and snacks. There are also several restaurants just 2 minutes’ walk from the hotel.Decorated in neutral tones and dark wood furniture, the rooms include air conditioning and heating. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer.Euba Hotel is located in the heart of the Basque Country, 45 minutes’ drive from Vitoria and 50 minutes from San Sebastian. Durango and Amorebieta are 5 minutes away by car or 1 train stop away, while Bilbao International Airport is 16 mi away. Free parking is available on site.
- It was a clean and newly renovated building with a cafeteria style restaurant and bar in the basement run by friendly local people. The man at check in was very friendly and spoke English well. The food was good and staff there were friendly and helpful as well.
- Nice hotel for a one night stay. Good if you have a car, since it’s 20 minutes from Bilbao and there are plenty of parking spaces outside. The shower is great!
- Very pet friendly. Good pillows. Towels clean and soft. Restaurant good value.
- Breakfast was very simple, but effective for it’s price. The room was superb, very clean, comfy and luxurious. Nice and quiet location. Free and easy parking.
A nice size room and very clean.
Very nice bathroom facilities.
Cafeteria/restaurante is convenient, reasonable prices, with a pretty simple menu. The meals I had were good.
The WiFi service worked fine (slow, only a few times).
Holiday Inn Express Bilbao
The Holiday Inn Express Bilbao is just a 2-minute drive from Bilbao Airport and the hotel has a free airport shuttle service for guests. Modern rooms come equipped with satellite TV and free Wi-Fi is available.Rooms at the Holiday Inn Express are stylishly decorated in dark blue tones. They come with air conditioning and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.The Holiday Inn Express is 6 miles from Bilbao and buses leave from outside the hotel, with direct routes to the center. Guests can visit attractions such as the iconic Guggenheim Museum.A buffet breakfast is served in the dining room. There is a vending machine for snacks and a microwave available for use. Guests can also relax in the hotel’s lobby bar.
- Convenient location for airport. Breakfast was exceptional, as was staff.
- I liked how friendly the shuttle drivers are. Both the morning and night shift. Very accommodating.
- Great, helpful staff. Perfect place to end two weeks of business in W. Europe. Convenient location next to the airport, made it easy to catch my early flight.
- It is fine as a hotel and well located next to the car hire company I had booked with.
- Close to airport and had a shuttle that was both timely and clean. The adjacent restaurant was good.
Top Hotels In Galdakao Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Galdakao Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Galdakao Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Galdakao Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!