10 Best Hotels To Stay In Gaast Friesland – Top Hotel Reviews
Gaast Friesland is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Gaast Friesland. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Gaast Friesland. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Gaast Friesland. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Gaast Friesland right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Gaast Friesland with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Gaast Friesland:
One of our top picks in Makkum.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. This hotel provides stylish rooms with beautiful views of the IJsselmeer Lake or the recreational area. Enjoy the restaurant with its conservatory and outside terrace or the lounge with fireplace.Situated near the beach and the harbour, Strandhotel Vigilante offers a convenient base in the old fishing village of Makkum. At walking distance you’ll find shops and lively terraces along the lake. You can easily reach the recreational area and the nature reserve of Makkum.Decide to start each day with a refreshing beach walk and plan your day at leisure. You can rent a bicycle at the hotel to explore the wider area and discover all its natural beauty.The restaurant looks out across the lake and offers a modern setting for your relaxing dinner. The cosy bar provides an intimate and informal place for a drink and a chat. Weather permitting, you can enjoy the sun on the hotel’s outside terrace.Both the cities of Sneek and Harlingen are within 15 minutes by car.
- All staff were very helpful – excellent place to stay with lovely restaurant on site – chicken salad was very nice!
- Very nice welcome and advice from the staff at the reception.
- The hotel was very clean and looked pretty well. The receptionist spoke perfect English. The room was big and nice. There was even an option to open a door through which to leave directly and go to the parking without going through the corridor and by the reception.
- A fridge in the room & tea and coffee facilities would make it perfect. Very comfortable accommodation and lovely friendly staff. Couldn’t fault the restaurant either! Great stay!
Delayed by roadwork on the German autobahns and booked a room 3hrs ahead knowing we would miss our ferry from Rotterdam. Good room and great evening meal – we arrived late but they kept the restaurant open for us.
Seaside location with the beach just metres away from some rooms.
Hotel Gast Inn Workum
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the river, Hotel Gast Inn Workum is located in Workum in the region of Friesland, just 22 miles from Leeuwarden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. All rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.You will find a tour desk at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and fishing. The hotel also provides bike rental. Terschelling is 28 miles from Pension Gast Inn Workum, and Den Helder is 28 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 49 miles from Hotel Gast Inn Workum.
proximity to the harbour
views on historic shipyard
proximity to countryside
tasty breakfast (good quality ingredients)
- The welcome was friendly and efficient, breakfast unfailingly delicious, and the owner was very helpful, particularly in finding a garage to repair a slow puncture on the afternoon we arrived. Location is superb, right next to the harbour.
- Very friendly host, spoke several languages and very helpful
- Location on canal at a lock- very picturesque. Nice small town with lots of places to cycle to. Do NOT miss the museum it is SUPERB and I really dont like museums much.
- Good location, personal very friendly! Breakfast was really good and also the bathroom was very clean and quite big.
- proximity to the harbour
This cozy hotel in an authentic renovated building is located in the historic center of harbor town Makkum.It is directly located near the sea and the most beautiful beach of Friesland. There are many watersports activities, as well as culinary and cultural hot spots available in the area. The hotel has an courtyard with furniture that all guests can use.
The comfort, the atmosphere, the great breakfast. The staff were friendly and I needed to iron a shirt and was kindly invited to the owners house next door to iron my shirts :-).
I shall be staying there again on future visits to Makkum.
The staff was really kindly and helpful.
The breakfast was really nice.
- I had an early breakfast and the owners left out a good selection for me.
- Quietly situated with picturesque harbour and beach nearby. Comfortable clean room with nice bathroom. Good breakfast.
- Really quiet and its proximity to the centre of Makkum is great
- The comfort, the atmosphere, the great breakfast. The staff were friendly and I needed to iron a shirt and was kindly invited to the owners house next door to iron my shirts :-).
Hotel de Gulden Leeuw
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Hotel de Gulden Leeuw offers accommodations in Workum, just 21 miles from Leeuwarden. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV with cable channels. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Terschelling is 28 miles from Hotel de Gulden Leeuw, and Den Helder is 28 miles from the property. Groningen Eelde Airport is 48 miles away.
- Very nice clean rooms but the stairs to the rooms very steep; not for older people or families with small kids. Very friendly personal.
Friendly staff, beautiful location, clean and comfortable rooms and good breakfast.
And possibility to park my motorcycle inside.
- Excellent breakfast. Also nice restaurant and bar for dinner with a varied Dutch menu. Bedroom was spacious with a modern, well provisioned shower room.
- Great location overlooking the cafe square. The room was extremely comfortable and the breakfast (included in the room price) was a huge spread of extensive variety. I will go there again if I visit Friesland.
Midden in centrum van Workum. Op loop afstand van Jopie Huisman museum.
Goede uitvalbasis om erop uit te trekken met de fiets.
Verder ontbijt prima verzorgt , voor ons genoeg keuze.
This property is a 18-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, Hotel Wymerts is located in Workum, just 21 miles from Leeuwarden. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Superior rooms have a sauna or a hot tub.You will find a hairdresser’s at the property.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Terschelling is 28 miles from Hotel Wymerts, and Den Helder is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 48 miles from Hotel Wymerts.
- We were delayed arriving and yet felt extremely welcome when I phoned to let them know! The owners were extremely helpful and accommodating throughout our stay.
- It is simply amazing. Was the best hotel I have stayed in for years. I have nothing to say. Food was great, room was great and really good value for money.
- Quiet, good location, comfortable room and facilities
- nice room, large suite ; energetic and friendly personell (=owners); central place in nice city ; free coffee/thee ; good food in Pickwicks Steak & Tapas restaurant (next door)
- Ontbijt was prima en ‘s avonds de tapas waren ook heerlijk in het gezellige restaurant.
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Het Weeshuis offers accommodations in Bolsward, just 15 miles from Leeuwarden. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Private parking is available on site.The rooms include a TV with cable channels. Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Terschelling is 24 miles from Het Weeshuis, and Heerenveen is 18 miles away. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 44 miles from the property.
- Niet dog was welcome and iT was very cosy even of we were the inkt quests.
- We arrived on January 1 and were pleased to find a comfortable family room and local restaurants even open. Lovely place with a pretty surrounding. Looking forward to our return
- Very lovely place to stay. Comfortable room at reasonable rate. The host was very friendly. There was nothing I disliked much.
- Good breakfast, clean and spacy rooms. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was nice, looked to be all homemade.
The room was very big and comfortable. Everything was clean. I can only recommend this hotel!
Lodgehotel de Lelie
Located in Makkum, 19 miles from Leeuwarden, Lodgehotel de Lelie features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. All rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a shower.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Terschelling is 23 miles from Lodgehotel de Lelie, and Den Helder is 28 miles away. Groningen Eelde Airport is 49 miles from the property.
- Fun and unusual. Very central and the staff were very welcoming.
- Ideal location, close to the city centre. The wooden cabins are beautiful and fun. The Swiss Sense beds are perfect. The interior deisgn is stunning. Indoor parking for bicycles makes this an ideal stopover for cyclists on a tour.
- knusse kamertjes. Voor kort verblijf heb je ook niet meer nodig, dus prima. Ontbijt en service was keurig evenals personeel. Beneden op bank lekker kunnen lezen.
- Tolles Bett. Die kleinen Holzhäuser sind eine schöne Idee.
- Frühstück war gut, Betten waren sehr comfortabel. Bedienung im Service sehr freundlich. Lage war gut.
This intimate hotel is situated in Makkum near the IJsselmeer, a 20-minute drive from Sneek. Waag features free Wi-Fi, a terrace and a bar with darts and a pool table.All of the rooms at De Waag have a flat-screen cable TV and a work desk. Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast every morning.Brasserie De Eerste Rang offers international cuisine served in elegant surroundings and prepared with local ingredients whenever possible. There is also a set menu which uses seasonal produce.De Waag is less than a 40-minute drive from Leeuwaarden which features sights including Aqua Zoo Friesland and the Resistance Museum. National Park De Alde Feanen is a 50-minute car ride away.
The room, restaurant and most importantly people were very kind and accommodating. The breakfast was excellent and we liked the ambience.
- Overall a good hotel in the center of the city. Good breakfast.
- The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff are very friendly and the breakfast was great. Overall a good stay.
- Great atmosphere, very nice staff (kept the restaurant open because we arrived a little later), nice town, great location.
- Staff very helpful. Really appreciated a good dinner with a few beers in the bar after a long bike ride. Nice to be able to simply walk upstairs to my room afterwords. Good Dutch breakfast. Pleased there was WiFi throughout.
- The room, restaurant and most importantly people were very kind and accommodating. The breakfast was excellent and we liked the ambience.
Hotel de Stadsboerderij/ Eetcafé de Brabander
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a sun terrace, Hotel de Stadsboerderij/ Eetcafé de Brabander offers accommodations in Hindeloopen. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room includes a private bathroom equipped with a shower. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is luggage storage space, gift shop, and shops at the property.The area is popular for biking and hiking. Leeuwarden is 24 miles from Hotel Stadsboerderij, and Terschelling is 30 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Groningen Eelde Airport, 51 miles from Hotel de Stadsboerderij/ Eetcafé de Brabander.
- Service and friendliness, especially at the pub/restaurant next door to the hotel, were outstanding. The two year old in our group was made to feel extra special and couldn’t stop talking about her new friends. The breakfast available at the hotel was an amazing spread, and the atmosphere at both places was really lovely. Enjoyed our stay so much!
- Easy to get to the room, and restaurant next door was excellent. Staff was very helpful!
– this is a very cosy hotel with good value for money.
– they also have a restaurant/cafe with local hand painted furniture.
– staff is outstanding, they try to help and will not let you down.
– the place is very local and authentic, you don’t have the impression of being in a touristy hotel.
- Fun, comfortable hotel in the middle of the village. Great destination for the day. Will be extremely busy in the summer though, so shoulder seasons the best.
- Very welcoming. clean. typical structure. fantastic location. Good breakfast
Hotel De Vrouwe van Stavoren
This property is a 4-minute walk from the beach. Located in Stavoren in the region of Friesland, 28 miles from Leeuwarden, Hotel De Vrouwe van Stavoren features a terrace and views of the garden. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Superior rooms include a spa tub or a sauna. A flat-screen TV is featured.Bike rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for biking. Alkmaar is 31 miles from Hotel Vrouwe van Stavoren, and Sint Maarten is 27 miles from the property. Schiphol Airport is 47 miles away.
- Stavoren is an attractive little port and the hotel is right in the centre. We stayed in one of the wine casks which were quite a novelty. Although they look small, in fact you get a large sitting room and well-designed bathroom beyond the bedroom. Pleasant shared open area at the front.
We had one of the best meals in Holland here. It was a sailing race weekend and they were very busy, however the service was still prompt and food delicious, especially the chicken salad.
We had a safe place undercover for our bikes too.
- The wine cask accommodation was incredible….really beautifully decorated and thought out.
- Bedroom in a barrel! Brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Lovely attached lounge leading into a well outfitted and spacious bathroom. Breakfast was great and should meet with most people’s requirements in terms of variety.
helpful friendly staff, excellent meals, ,well appointed comfortable room
great views along canal.
Top Hotels In Gaast Friesland Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Gaast Friesland to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Gaast Friesland but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Gaast Friesland. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!