10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ffestiniog Gwynedd – Top Hotel Reviews
Ffestiniog Gwynedd is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ffestiniog Gwynedd. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ffestiniog Gwynedd. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ffestiniog Gwynedd. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ffestiniog Gwynedd right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ffestiniog Gwynedd with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ffestiniog Gwynedd:
Gwesty Seren Hotel
Gwesty Seren Hotel is located in Ffestiniog, just 26 miles from Llandudno. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.A TV and DVD player is featured.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.You can play pool and darts at the hotel. Betws-y-coed is 11 miles from Gwesty Seren Hotel, and Conwy is 23 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liverpool John Lennon Airport, 52 miles from Gwesty Seren Hotel.
- Staff were fantastic as was the food, very accommodating and will visit again.
- Delicious food. Friendly and helpful staff. Lots of seating areas with big tables for chilling and board gaming. Good size room with plenty of storage.
Fresh clean decor
Staff were friendly and welcoming.
Stunning location with beautiful views.
All new and clean, comfy and great hospitality from the staff.
Pool table is a surplus
Located in Ffestiniog, 26 miles from Llandudno, Y Pengwern features a terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.You will find a kettle in the room. A flat-screen TV is available.Betws-y-coed is 11 miles from Y Pengwern, and Conwy is 23 miles from the property. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is 52 miles away.
- Friendly pub downstairs great atmosphere and service
- Interaction between tourists,locals,and staff.every thing we wanted to do was no more than A 40min drive.
Nice community run pub and hotel. Simple breakfast included in the price and evening meals also available, although I didn’t have one. Real ale also on tap and there’s a happy hour as well.
No noise coming from the pub to the room, which was basic but functional.
Fairly decent location for access to Snowdonia.
Good value for money.
- If in the area, take a walk to the Rhaeadr Cynfal Falls, those are quite impressive.
- Very friendly welcome, and all the staff were very attentive. Good selection of continental breakfast and a relaxed homely atmosphere.
Aberdunant Hall Country Hotel
One of our top picks in Porthmadog. Situated within Snowdonia National Park, Aberdunant Hall Country Hotel is a 17th-century property set within 200-acres of woodland on an idyllic upmarket Holiday Home Park. With free onsite parking, it retains many original features, such as beamed ceilings, fireplaces and stained glass. Guests can relax in the garden or on the terrace.All rooms at Aberdunant Hall have a flat-screen TV, en suite bathroom and complimentary tea/coffee facilities.In the mornings, guests can enjoy continental or full Welsh breakfast in the Glaslyn Lounge. Al fresco dining can be enjoyed on the terrace, which boasts panoramic views of the mountains. Family meals and Sunday lunches are served in The Glaslyn Lounge, and intimate dining is available in Y Bistro. A carvery is served every Sunday and features a choice of 3 locally sourced meats.Hiking, rock climbing and mountain biking can be enjoyed within Snowdonia park, and the harbour town of Porthmadog and Black Rock Sands beach are just 3 miles away. Watersports such as jet-skiing, diving and windsurfing can be arranged and facilities are a 40-minute drive away.
- Honest (humble) hotel in a quiet location having no pretentious or delusions as to it’s target client. Will suit those who understand this but perhaps disappoint those who don’t quite get the formulae.
- The hotel staff were very polite and helpful, we loved everything in the room it was the best, plus the restaurant food & service was excellent.
- The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The shower was better than most – very powerful and hit its temperature very quickly. The valley setting is very attractive.
- Location and views. Friendly staff, service, excellent restaurant .
- The food was excellent. The bar very cosy. The rooms were big and beds very comfortable. Very quiet, good soundproofing.
Royal Goat Hotel
Located in Beddgelert, 24 miles from Llandudno, Royal Goat Hotel features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi.Each room is fitted with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a private bathroom.Betws-y-coed is 14 miles from Royal Goat Hotel, and Conwy is 22 miles from the property.
evening menu poor.
not enough variety and too expensive compared to village pubs restaurants
- The toaster was poor and very lightly toasted but if you put it through again it burnt!
- Good size room, lovely staff and amazing food. We recommend to have a dinner in the hotel’s restaurant. Also Bedgellert is a very nice village with amazing people.
- Friendly staff, excellent location and purple moose beer.
- Staff, food especially breakfast and location were excellent. A very relaxed hotel and made us feel very welcome with 3 kids and a dog. Dog were no trouble.
- breakfast excellent.
The Golden Fleece Inn
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Golden Fleece Inn offers accommodations in Porthmadog. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room has a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Llandudno is 30 miles from The Golden Fleece Inn, and Betws-y-coed is 18 miles away.
- Breakfast was good but I would bhave liked a healthy cooked option such as poached eggs.
Good location in a very beautiful part of Wales. Tremadog is a pleasant village with a very good pub the Union Inn directly opposite the hotel.
Bed was comfortable
Staff tried hard to be pleasant and helpful
- Nice atmosphere in pub,excellent location,Staff very friendly.
- Location, lovely friendly staff. The food in the pub was good and reasonably priced. The pub itself was well appointed and clean with a good atmosphere
- A fine old town inn converted to good, comfortable rooms.
The Waterloo Hotel
One of our top picks in Betws-y-coed.Showcasing a terrace and hot tub, The Waterloo Hotel is located in Betws-y-coed in the region of Gwynedd, just 16 miles from Llandudno. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is available.There is room service and hairdresser’s at the property.Llangollen is 27 miles from The Waterloo Hotel, and Conwy is 13 miles away. The nearest airport is Liverpool John Lennon Airport, 43 miles from The Waterloo Hotel.
All the staff very friendly and helpful in every area reception, restaurant and leisure centre.
Great place for Kids.
Food good and plentiful.
- A nice surprise on arrival away from the main hotel, spacious room, fab bathroom and parking at the front door. Great breakfast and friendly bartenders in main hotel bar. Defo returning soon.
- Another lovely stay at the Waterloo Hotel friendly staff wonderful location
- I think the hotel was very good, the size of the room (43) was excellent, facilities excellant and bar and bar food all good. Pool and facialiates were very good.
- Bathroom lovely and room spacious and comfortable.
- All the staff very friendly and helpful in every area reception, restaurant and leisure centre.
Royal Sportsman Hotel
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Located in Porthmadog, 30 miles from Llandudno, Royal Sportsman Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms are equipped with a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is room service at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and canoeing. Betws-y-coed is 18 miles from Royal Sportsman Hotel, and Conwy is 27 miles away.
- Delicious dinners.Hearty breakfast with really good choices!
- Excellent location, friendly service and great breakfast.
- Staff were helpful and friendly. Food was very good.
the pillows were really generous so I could sit up in bed and watch tv in comfort.
Also loved the fact that car park and walkway to hotel were covered over which kept us dry getting from car to hotel.
- The breakfasts were good, and the one evening meal I had was superb.
Portmeirion Village & Castell Deudraeth
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Portmeirion Village & Castell Deudraeth offers accommodations in Porthmadog, just 31 miles from Llandudno. The hotel has a seasonal outdoor pool and terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms have a TV. Each room has a private bathroom.There is free shuttle service, a 24-hour front desk and a hairdresser’s at the property.Betws-y-coed is 18 miles from Portmeirion Village & Castell , and Conwy is 28 miles from the property.
- Fantastic room in The Castle, lots of space, well equipped and very comfortable. We’ll definitely be back. Food in the bistro is excellent and the staff are friendly and very efficient.
- The whole experience made us as visitors feel ‘special’.
- Nice comfy and well heated room. Good size and well equipped.
- The staff were very helpful and kind, A must for any prisoner fan, the food at the hotel was superb. And the Ice Cream at the Angel Shop was amazing,
- The peace and tranquility of the surrounding area . The spa treatments were fabulous
Pont y Pair Inn
Pont y Pair Inn is located in Betws-y-coed, 16 miles from Llandudno and 28 miles from Llangollen. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is fitted with a TV. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or river.You will find luggage storage space at the property.You can play darts at this inn, and the area is popular for biking. Conwy is 13 miles from Pont y Pair Inn, and Bala is 15 miles from the property. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is 43 miles away.
- The breakfast was good, lovely welcome. Definitely go back
- Great location for Snowdonia. Good pub atmosphere with great pub food and a hearty fresh cooked breakfast.
- Service was very good, loved the food, location could not have been better and they have a pool table.
- Breakfast was fantastic, fresh and just perfect. We had a wonderful time!
- Very welcoming especially for our dog, was nice to be able to take him with us.
One of our top picks in Beddgelert.Located in Beddgelert, 24 miles from Llandudno, Saracens Head features a terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. All rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Betws-y-coed is 14 miles from Saracens Head, and Conwy is 22 miles from the property.
- Everything! In particular, traveling with our dog it was important she was accepted. This was met on all counts; meals could be with her & she even got a doggie breakfast. All staff were genuinely lovely & welcoming. What was unusual is that they are relatively young; they do an excellent job & teamwork within the Hotel is evident. Superb Manager, he has an excellent rapport with both staff & guests; especially pets.
- Perfect location for our needs ,very comfortable room ,stunning views,friendly staff good food. .
The hotel is uber dog friendly. The rooms are very nicely refurbished. Dogs are welcomed and offered breakfast with their owners. Very relaxed place. Good breakfast.
We enjoyed talking to the staff who were full of local advice and chat.
Roomy and well thought out rooms. Coffee/tea table in room with v nice coffee!
Great base for exploring. Easy dog walk across the bridge for morning and night dog outings. Close to lots of great places to visit. Saracens Head food is decent pub grub with plenty of options in the village. We had the best meal for years in the Hebog next door.
We loved the Saracens Head.
Location is perfect for Snowdon, and the walks from here are wonderfull.
Staff at the hotel are friendly and helpful.
Good meals served in the evenings, although not expensive they are not cheap either!
Would definatley recommend this hotel
- Amazing room, lovely bed, great bathroom, beautifully furnished, but our experience was let down by surprisingly mediocre and dull breakfast. Porridge really isnt that hard to make, but ours was a disaster. We should have sent it back. Toast, coffee and even muesli rather disappointing.
Top Hotels In Ffestiniog Gwynedd Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ffestiniog Gwynedd to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ffestiniog Gwynedd but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ffestiniog Gwynedd. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!