10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ellsworth Maine – Top Hotel Reviews
Ellsworth Maine is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ellsworth Maine. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ellsworth Maine. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ellsworth Maine. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ellsworth Maine right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ellsworth Maine with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ellsworth Maine:
Located half a mile from the L.L. Bean Outlet, this Ellsworth, Maine hotel boasts an indoor heated pool and a dry sauna. Bar Harbor is 20 miles from the property.Each room features a flat-screen cable TV and a work desk at the Ramada Ellsworth. They include a private bathroom and are warmly decorated.Guests can enjoy a daily continental breakfast at the Ellsworth Ramada. A fitness center and a hot tub are also available. Newspapers are provided in the lobby.Several restaurants are within one mile of the Ramada.The Mt. Desert Oceanarium is 11 miles from the property. Acadia National Park is 40 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
- The bed was like sleeping on a cloud! I even looked at the mattress to find the brand. I want one!
- The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are nice and spacious. And, it’s in a fantastic location near Acadia and Bar Harbor. Definitely will be back.
- The front desk gave my 1 year old a stuffed animal at check in, the pool was warm,room was comfy, breakfast was yummy
- Staff was exceptional and the continental breakfast was over the top with eggs and sausage included. Great place to stay!
- The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The desk personnel were very nice and excellent advise on places to eat and maps to get us there. The breakfast area was very nice as was the food.
Comfort Inn Ellsworth
Located in Ellsworth, 26 miles from Bangor, Comfort Inn Ellsworth features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a TV. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 27 miles from Comfort Inn Ellsworth.
- the breakfast was good. the staff was very professional/friendly.
- Breakfast was great. Staff were excellent. We even stayed an extra night and they were pleased to accommodate us.
- Easy to check in. Room was clean and comfortable. Overall, a wonderful experience
- Wonderful and attentive staff. Good selection for breakfast. Nice location.
- The location was great for the price and the room itself was really nice. Great bed an entertainment system. Very friendly staff.
Colonial Inn Ellsworth
Colonial Inn Ellsworth is located in Ellsworth, 27 miles from Bangor and 14 miles from Bar Harbor. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.Bangor Airport is 29 miles away.
- Mattress was a little hard for my taste but overall a great visit.
- Nothing, it really needs to be inspected, electrical is sketchy, carpet was filthy. And a cockroach was crawling on the floor.
- The room was spacious with parking outside the patio door.
- It was handy to the places I wanted to see and an easy drive to downtown eateries.
- Very accommodating. I had booked a single bed and they were able to accommodate.
Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency Hotel
One of our top picks in Bar Harbor.Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency Hotel offers accommodations in Bar Harbor.Every room has a private bathroom.There is free shuttle service, a 24-hour front desk, an ATM and a shops at the property.You can play tennis at this hotel, and the area is popular for hiking. The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 40 miles from the property.
Location is good – it is far enough from the busy town but not too far to reach the entertainment.
It is next to the ocean so we can enjoy the scenic ocean backdrop from the room.
- The Holiday Inn at Bar Harbor Regency was nice but it was our second room (in 2 nights) due to a required change to our initial booking (as we needed to extend our stay and the initial hotel was not available). Parking was plentiful, the staff – though busy-were helpful and pleasant. The room was fine, and the view to the water very good. The grounds looked beautiful even if not all amenities were available to us.
- Great Location. It is close to the Acadia national park and downtown.
Rooms need to be updated.
Staff , when checking in, were very short and not friendly
- Could always find a parking spot close to the hotel.
- Location is good – it is far enough from the busy town but not too far to reach the entertainment.
Located 1 miless from Acadia National Park, Acadia Inn has an on-site trail that accesses the park. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning and guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool.The hotel also has a hot tub by the pool for guests to relax in. Tea and coffee is available all day and guests can travel around the local area by a seasonal shuttle.The rooms at Acadia Inn – Bar Harbor are warmly decorated, and include amenities like a flat-screen TV with cable channels. The rooms also have a refrigerator and free Wi-Fi.Sand Beach is 15 minutes’ drive from the hotel and Kebo Valley Golf Club is 1 mile away. College of the Atlantic is opposite the property.
Room was clean and spacious.
The breakfast was great, they also had “snacks” throughout the day like soup, tea, coffee, etc.
- They pick a special guest of the day randomly and provide them with a tote of treats. Very nice touch. Very welcoming.
The room was a nice large size, with plenty of lighting. The windows opened and since we were on the 3rd floor we didn’t worry about anyone getting in. The bathroom had proper lighting and a fan, so the mirror didn’t fog up. There was a broken tile in the bathroom in front of the toilet which was annoying but didn’t harm anything. Loved that they had a laundry room downstairs and gladly made change for you and sold small boxes of laundry soap. Also had seating in the laundry room or in the lobby so you could read and wait their for your clothes. The breakfast area was very nice. Two rooms so that if one room was crowded you could easily move into the next room. Food was adequate, hot breakfast, yogurts and yummy granola, cereals and pastries. Great that the shuttle picks you up right in front under the portico.
Very helpful and friendly staff. We would definitely stay here again!
- Very pleasant and helpful staff. Very good breakfast.
- We were very impressed with the breakfast and afternoon snacks. The dining area was very comfortable and spacious. The decor in the whole hotel was light and bright despite the rain outside! It was a very pleasant stay!
- Room was clean and spacious.
Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Conference Center
One of our top picks in Bar Harbor.This Bar Harbor waterfront property features daily nature cruises from its private dock and has both indoor and outdoor pools. Acadia National Park is one mile from the hotel.Cable TV and free Wi-Fi are included in each room at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Conference Center. The warmly decorated rooms have a refrigerator, coffee machine, and work desk.A daily continental breakfast is served at the Bar Harbor Atlantic Oceanside Hotel. Guests can visit the fitness center or relax in the hot tub. A free seasonal shuttle to Acadia National Park and downtown Bar Harbor is available.Cadillac Mountain is 7 miles away. Bar Harbor Whale Watch is one mile from the hotel.
- The staff is always friendly. The rooms are quiet. Breakfast is hearty. Pool hours are late enough for evening swims.
- Breakfast was great with many options. And the room was excellent with a great morning sunrise view. The bed was quite comfy. The public hot tub was all ours and was a wonderful presleep ritual to have.
- The beds were wonderful. The views were excellent. Good location
- What’s not to like? This property is amazing. December visit did not disappoint. Right on the water, beautiful & clean facilities, most kind and amazing staff. Breakfast was delicious. Special designated area for Gluten-Free. Can’t wait for our next visit!
Perfectly nice staff, spacious and clean room, new building with an awesome view, many parking spaces.
The room offered everything we needed including a big shower in a really nice bathroom!
Wonder View Inn
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and an outdoor pool, Wonder View Inn offers pet-friendly accommodations in Bar Harbor. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms come with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 41 miles from the property.
- Ideal location for the short walk into Bar Harbour & a good view from our Ocean View room
- I had an Ocean View room, which was large and very clean. I loved my view, the amenities and the staff. It is an older hotel but my room was incredibly clean. I found the staff to be knowledgeable about the area with good recommendations. The restaurant on property was good and I was able to sit outside on the deck with my dog. The property itself was lovely, woods, greenery and several different accommodations spread throughout, so it was nice when taking my dog for a walk.
- The view from the restaurant and from our room was spectacular! (Room 66.) The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the complimentary breakfast was great. The island shuttle stops right at the hotel lobby which is really convenient.
- The location was amazing, very close to downtown Bar Harbor.
- Nice place for something out of the 50’s or 60’s style motel. However, that was part of the charm of staying there. It was like stepping back in time.
Quimby House Inn & Spa
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Quimby House Inn & Spa offers accommodations in Bar Harbor. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.The nearest airport is Bangor Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- Location ideal, service excellent, did not try out the spa services, but would love to next time. Rooms are very clean, although pretty basic. But great deal overall.
- Nice staff, very clean accommodation. There’s a coffee machine in the lobby where you can grab yourself a coffee when leaving early. Free parking in the backyard.
- the time of year you visit is very important because this town is seasonal.
- Room was a good size, the staff was friendly and helpful, the Wifi worked great which I needed for work, central to the area
- I wish to always sleep on a bed this comfortable. The location was also prime and the spa aspects divine!
Hampton Inn Bar Harbor
Offering an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, Hampton Inn Bar Harbor is located in Bar Harbor. Free WiFi access is available. Each room here will provide you with pay-per-view channels. There is also a refrigerator. Featuring a bath or shower, private bathroom also comes with free toiletries. Extras include bed linen.At Hampton Inn Bar Harbor you will find a fitness centre. Other facilities offered at the property include meeting facilities and luggage storage. The property offers free parking.The hotel is 0.9 miles from Agamont Park, 1,000 feet from Newlin Gardens and 1,650 feet from College of the Atlantic Natural History Museum. Bangor Airport is 41 miles away.
- Best hotel I have stayed in many years for the price. Great location on top of the hill for scenic view of the bay and Acadia National Park.
- The hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable. They were also quiet. There were many things on offer for breakfast, and we all appeciated the cookies and drinks available during the day. We were able to walk to dinner one evening. It was also only a short drive to the center of Bar Harbor or to the entrance to Acadia.
- Nice accomodations, great view, 2 pools. Cookies and breakfast were nice.
- we were assigned a very nice ocean view room, however, when we walked into our room we heard a screaming baby next door….uh oh…unacceptable potentially dealing with that during our stay. Ainsling at the reception desk could not have been more pleasant and quickly accommodating to relocate us to a lovely quiet room with both water and mountain view on the top floor for the four nights we were at the hotel. It made all the difference to our wonderful stay at Acadia. My sister had a lovely quiet ocean view room on the second floor which was quiet as well….appreciated staff moving quickly to accommodate our need for a quiet room.
- the staff was very friendly and everything was in top condition
The Inn on Mount Desert
Located 1 miles from Acadia National Park, this Bar Harbor, Maine accommodation boasts free Wi-Fi. The waterfront and various shops and restaurants are within 5 minutes’ walk.A microwave and a refrigerator are featured in every room at The Inn on Mount Desert. A flat-screen cable TV and a coffee machine are also included in the rooms. Select rooms offer a private balcony or terrace.The Bar Harbor Inn on Mount Desert offers a complimentary continental breakfast. There is a billiards room and fitness room.The Village Green and the free shuttle to Acadia National Park is 5 minutes’ walk. Bar Harbor Whale Watch is half a mile away.
- The property is long in the tooth and is being torn down and replaced for next with an all new lodge.
- location was good, room was clean, a/c worked fine, bed was comfortable
- Location was great,within walking distance to all. Took the tour of the park,no need to take the car.Staff very helpful and efficient.
- Great location, off the main road, so it was quiet, and an easy walk to everything in town.
Very friendly and helpful staff, they make you feel welcome and give you very useful information about the region.
Nice motel, everything is clean and well maintained. Walking distance to Main Street and harbor with all the restaurants abd bars.
Top Hotels In Ellsworth Maine Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ellsworth Maine to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ellsworth Maine but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ellsworth Maine. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!