10 Best Hotels To Stay In El Valle Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
El Valle Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in El Valle Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in El Valle Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in El Valle Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in El Valle Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in El Valle Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In El Valle Basque Country:
Alojamiento Rural San Pedro
Alojamiento Rural San Pedro is located in El Valle and features a garden, a terrace and a shared lounge. Free WiFi is offered.At the inn, rooms have a desk and a flat-screen TV. With a private bathroom equipped with a shower and free toiletries, some rooms at Alojamiento Rural San Pedro also feature a mountain view. The rooms feature a seating area.A continental breakfast is served daily at the property.Windsurfing is among the activities that guests can enjoy near the accommodation.Bilbao is 11 miles from Alojamiento Rural San Pedro, while Castro-Urdiales is 12 miles away. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 17 miles from the property.
Muy limpio y muy bien cuidado
El dueño muy atento.
El alojamiento está muy bien, todo limpio y en su sitio. El personal muy amable y atento. Buena comunicación con Bilbao a través de tren.
El desayuno correcto, lo mejor que podías ir a desayunar cuando querías.
- La paz, el aire fresco, las vistas, la cama muy cómoda, el trato del personal fue lo mejor de todo, preocupándose hasta el más mínimo detalle. Trabajamos de noche y llegamos de madrugada, cuando llegamos ya teníamos el desayuno preparado. Volveré pero esta vez por ocio. Lo recomiendo sin lugar a dudas.
La ubicación si no quieres estar en ambiente urbano pero aún así muy cerca de Bilbao tanto en coche como en transporte público.
Especialmente, los anfitriones. Trato muy agradable, dispuestos a ayudar y a hacerte sentir a gusto.
- Nos encantó el lugar, los dueños encantadores, nos hicieron sentirnos como en casa con buenos amigos. Si a eso le añadimos, la limpieza, el confort, las dimensiones de la habitación y del baño…es perfecto.
- Muy limpio y muy bien cuidado
Located in Zierbena, just 5 minutes’ drive from Bilbao Port and the Bilbao-Portsmouth ferry connection, Hotel Kaiao offers pretty, heated rooms, a restaurant and a guest lounge.Rooms are decorated in pastel colors and with floral prints. Each one has a private bathroom and a TV, and one of the rooms is adapted for guests with reduced mobility. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas.Hotel Kaia’s á la carte restaurant serves Basque cuisine and the bar serves Basque pintxos. There is also a wine menu available.Central Bilbao and Bilbao Airport are both a 20-minute drive from the hotel, while the Bilbao Exhibition Center in Barakaldo is 15 minutes’ drive away.
- The room was a nice surprise with respect of the rest
- It was more than adequate for the night stay. If you book on a Tuesday there is no staff, it’s their day off and you need to ring the number on the door.
- Its near the Ferry terminal in a very quiet little village. The village itself is picturesque.
- The location was the only good thing about this so called hotel
- Twenty minute walk from Brittany ferry terminal And nice quiet harbour village
Hotel Palacio Muñatones
This hotel is a former palatial home dating back to the 18th century, located close to Arena Beach and 20 minutes’ drive from central Bilbao. Hotel Palacio Muñatones is located in the San Julian de Musques neighborhood.This hotel has been restored from a former manor building featuring an elegant, historical façade. It has exterior-facing rooms and is the ideal location for a relaxing holiday or business trip.Located near the motorway, this hotel is an ideal base from which to explore the Vizcaya region and Eastern Cantabria.
- Well maintained building. Excellent restoration of the property, in good taste and charm. Comfortable and warm surroundings.
- The location was ideal for the ferry, the staff were very friendly and helpful evening snacks and breakfast very good secure on site free parking and good value for money lovely old building
- One staff member was super friendly and nice. Eager to please and helpful. Good enough breakfast. Clean. Convenient parking on premises.
- A delightful tastefully restored building, it was spotless, nothing was too much trouble.
- Secure parking, lovely breakfast, lift, very nice decor
Hotel San Jorge
Hotel San Jorge is located in the Basque town of Santurtzi, at the mouth of the Nervión River. It offers free Wi-Fi and rooms with a flat-screen TV.All rooms at the San Jorge feature carpeted floors and are equipped with central heating. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.The hotel serves buffet breakfast. Staff at the 24-hour reception can provide information about what to see and do in Santurtzi and the surrounding area.Bilbao, with its iconic Guggenheim Museum and Palacio Euskalduna, is just 15 minutes’ drive away. Kabiezes Metro Station and a bus stop are just outside the property, connecting guests to Bilbao.
- We have stayed in 17 hotels during our Camino. All of them were great and good value for price. So I put the marks comparing all this 17 hotels on our way. The main differences are in room size, breakfast, room design and old of the room. This room is ok, and i can recommend this place for piligrimms, but comparing to other hotels on Camino this one is far not the best.
Asier the receptionist was extremely helpful
He helped us immensely as no late tea or coffee available in hotel
- Parking was very secure. Close to Bilbao ferry terminal.
- We only spent 1 night before catching ferry but found this was great value for money, clean & comfortable, good parking for a loaded up car. We would definitely of this again.
- The staff on duty were very helpful. The sheets and pillows(cases) felt wet when we pulled back the covers. The Staff immediately gave us another room. Good place to sleep if going on Brittany Ferries the next morning.
Hotel Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz
This rural hotel is a converted 18th-century house, set beside the Barbadún River, in Muskiz. It is 2.5 mi from La Arena Beach and offers free parking and free Wi-Fi.All heated rooms at the Palmeras Muskiz have a flat-screen satellite TV and tiled floors. The private bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer.Hotel Rural Las Palmeras Muskiz has a café-bar. There is also a garden terrace, where guests can enjoy the scenery.The hotel has a tour desk, and is centrally located beside Muskiz Town Hall and church. There is easy access to the A-8 Motorway and Bilbao is 14 mi away.
- Our host couldn’t speak English and we only have basic spanish, but he was fantastic. We arrived late at night and he arranged for a driver to take us to a restaurant that was still open for dinner.
- It was quiet with a bar downstairs. Helpful staff.
- Close to ferry terminal, good (public) parking across the road, excellent walking path to beach (ca. 2miles)
Lovely place on edge of village.
View of church from balcony
Good terrace for drinks.
Most enjoyable and only 15 mins from ferry
- The owner was brilliant. Even his Mum waved us off in the morning. Best evening we’d had, true Basque Spanish. Even had me behind the bar serving!
URH Palacio de Oriol
Located in Santurce, a 10-minute walk from its train station, URH Palacio de Oriol offers soundproofed rooms with air conditioning, heating, and free WiFi.The rooms are equipped with satellite TV, small fridge, and safety deposit box. The private bathroom comes with a bath or a shower. Hairdryer and toiletries are provided.The property’s restaurant specializes in traditional Basque cuisine. It also serves a varied buffet breakfast, including a selection of pastries, cold cuts, fruit, and cereal.The hotel also offers meeting and banquet facilities, as well as laundry services. Private parking is possible for a surcharge.Bilbao can be reached in 15 minutes by car.
- It’s beautiful and I’m lucky to have a good view( from a superior room). A good distraction from the rain as I didn’t go out much. Would love to come back again one day…
Beds were comfortable and room &hotel cleaning was perfect. Breakfast are also good.
I liked 80th age interior, like in the movies.
- The room and terrace were lovely. The meal in the restaurant was superb and excellent value for money.
- Very comfortable good size bedrooms, food in restaurant quite good and excellent value.
Easy to find, very quick trip to the ferry- reception was helpful, as were all the staff.
Room was large and comfortable, and clean. Bed was big and also comfortable.
Good shower ang big, soft towels.
Located just off the N-634 highway, Hotel Ortuella is a 5-minute drive from Bilbao Exhibition Center and a 10-minute drive from central Bilbao. This stylish hotel offers free Wi-Fi in all areas.The air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Ortuella feature a contemporary design, with neutral tones and smart wooden floors. Each room offers a TV, a telephone and a private bathroom.Hotel Ortuella serves a basic daily breakfast of a pastry, orange juice and a coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Restaurants and bars can also be found 2,650 feet away in the town of Trapagaran.Urioste Train Station is just a 5-minute walk from the hotel. Meaztegi Golf Course is 1.9 mi away, while the nearest beaches are around 6.2 mi.
- One night, is not long enough too make a correct assessment, but first impression felt good. Staff was very, very helpful
- The room looked of extremely high standard as did the corridors and lift. There was a restaurant/cafe attached that served breakfast and dinner. This was not a Michelin standard restaurant, but a high quality transport type cafe. Good food and 1l of wine for reasonable price. Three courses with wine for €11.00 per head. We did not have breakfast.
- Good location not far from the ferry terminal, very clean and comfortable.
Proximity to port
Secure car park
Met expectation of a no frills hotel
- Reception staff efficient and friendly, check-in was a breeze. If you want a hotel in the middle of things this is not the hotel for you, but good rail link into the centre. Rooms simple and clean and air con worked well. Breakfast is available and priced reasonably on what you have, but choice is limited.
Offering a picturesque setting on Getxo’s Ereaga Beach, Hotel Igeretxe features rooms with sea or garden views. It is within 10 minutes’ walk of Neguri Metro Station, which connects you to central Bilbao in just 25 minutes.Each stylish, air-conditioned room at Hotel Igeretxe is decorated in contemporary gray tones. There is free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a mini-bar.The Igeretxe has a snack bar and an attractive terrace with views of the bay and mountains.Portugalete Suspension Bridge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is less than 1.9 mi from the hotel. Bilbao Airport is a 20-minute drive away.
- Beautiful Hotel, Great breakfast. Lots of choices and fresh food. Great value.
- The receptionist was outstanding! She was extremely helpful, professional and friendly!
- Bed in room 10 was super comfortable. Good light control with the blackout curtains. Lovely view of beach. Friendly and helpful staff. Their English was pretty good.
- It was on the outskirts of Bilbao, just minutes away by metro to the Guggenheim Museum and Old Town, by tram.
Lovely balcony overlooking the sea
Great Cafe Bar
Good selection of continental breakfast
Petit Palace Tamarises
One of our top picks in Getxo.Located in Getxo, this boutique hotel is located next to the beach and a 20-minute drive from the main cultural spots in Bilbao, such as the Guggenheim Museum.Rooms at the Petit Palace Tamarises are designed in an avant-garde style and most of them feature fantastic sea views from their own private terraces. All rooms come equipped with free WiFi internet access. Bathrooms feature hydromassage showers.Business meetings or conferences can be organized here in the event halls overlooking the sea.The town of Getxo features 6.2 mi of stunning coastline and picturesque surrounding countryside with forests and rolling hills. It is also a great destination for outdoor pursuits.
- Right across from one of the beaches. Nice breakfast. Great staff. WiFi.
- Great room with awesome view of the ocean! Absolutely blew us away! Staff was very easy to talk to and even though my daughter is fluent in Spanish they spoke English to. Free bicycles available. Right on the coast with walking and bike lanes.
- Not many options for dining and many don’t start serving until 8.or 8.30.pm
- Small but efficient room. Great shower an restroom. Nice breakfast. Great location
- Staff was fantastic room wservered our needs. Shower was the best
A refurbished 19th century historical building, located just below the Biscay’s Bridge, considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel offers views of Bilbao’s Estuary, the sea and Bilbao’s Puente Colgante Bridge.The Hotel is well connected and located next to the residential area of Getxo. The train is a 4-minute walk from the hotel and the metro is just 10 minutes’ walk away and takes you to Bilbao center in 15 minutes. The harbor is located 1.2 mi away, the Convention Center is 3.7 mi away and the airport is 7.5 mi away.
- Location for the ferry. Friendly and helpful staff.
- The view from the room of the river and the transporter bridge was spectacular. Onsite parking costs a bit but is secure and in the hotel, rare in this area. Location was great both for the local area and for getting into Bilbao by metro. Breakfast was great the first morning with fresh made omelets but the small staff was overwhelmed by a large group the second day. We ate dinners in the local area and had great food for very reasonable prices. Staff was very nice.
- the view was outstanding, the staff was incredibly helpful. the bathroom was exceptionally clean and up to our standards.. and the safety was comforting.
- Great staff at this hotel that is excellently situated for the Port. Great for accepting dogs and good area for walking. Love this hotel and Bilbao.
- Central location, friendly staff, comfortable & clean rooms
Top Hotels In El Valle Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in El Valle Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in El Valle Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in El Valle Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!