10 Best Hotels To Stay In El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela – Top Hotel Reviews
El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela. You’re probably wondering where to stay in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In El Castillo De La Fortuna Alajuela:
Castillo del Arenal
Featuring free WiFi, an outdoor pool and a playground, Castillo del Arenal offers accommodations in El Castillo de La Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or lake. The rooms have a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find a shared lounge at the property.You can play pool at this hotel, and bike rental is available. Fortuna is 8 miles from Castillo del Arenal, and Monte Verde is 10 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 47 miles from Castillo del Arenal.
- The hotel is situated so that every room has a view of the lake and Arenal volcano and the surrounding mountains, river and the village below. The staff were friendly and helpful and the meals were attractively presented and tasty. There were five or six restaurants within one and a half km (acceptable walking distance for us) and the Butterfly Conservatory and Serpentarium were about 500 metres up the hill. Our room had a balcony where we could sit and contemplate nature on the provided bench or chairs. We made use of the mini-frig and the coffee maker. Room was cleaned daily and our housekeeper left us ‘character-folded towels’ decorated with flowers.
The staff is super friendly. They were very helpful even scheduling our activities for the days we stayed there. The breakfast was delicious and included in the fantastic price of the room.
The place was very clean. We would stay there again.
- Great views from the garden and restaurant, lots of birds and animals to watch. Good breakfast (not very much though) and good restaurant and also very fair price.
The location was magnefic, wonderful view over Arenal volcano and the small village down under the hills.
We had a big room on the second floor with two balconies.
It was a quiet place, of course you could hear the mopeds when the locals drove up and down but it didn’t dissurb us at all.
You could even have a nice dinner at the place.
There was even a couple of restaurant on the way down from the hotel.
- The best views of the Arenal Volcano and Lake from the mountain top can not be beat.
Hotel Linda Vista
Offering stunning views of the Arenal Volcano and surrounding rainforest, the Hotel Linda Vista features an outdoor pool, a hot tub and lush gardens. Lake Arenal is less than half a mile away.Each room and suite at the Linda Vista offers wonderful views of the volcano, lake or rainforest. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, a ceiling fan, a safe and a bathroom with free toiletries.Hotel Linda Vista has a bar and a restaurant serving fusion cuisine. A free daily breakfast is included.You can go on rainforest canopy tours at the Sky Adventures Theme Park, located just over 1 miles away. Hotel Linda Vista can also help you to arrange trips to the Arenal Volcano, just 3.5 miles away.The town of La Fortuna is 14 miles away, and El Tanque Domestic Airport is a 30-minute drive away. Juan Santamaria International Airport are 3.5 hours away by car.
- Views were splendid; no need to visit the Arenal National Park to view the volcano; we had a better view from our bed. The pool after dark was amazing.
- Beautiful location wonderful views great staff Brian and his wife were the best.
- The volcano and lake views from our jr suite were amazing. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Brian, the desk clerk who checked us in was very informative and welcoming and, the woman who helped us book a reservation for the sky tram was equally helpful. As an aside, unless you plan to do the zip line at the sky tram, don’t bother to do it. It’s very expensive for not much.
Very good breakfast included. Spacious room.
We were lucky to get beautiful clear views of the Arenal . Stayed two nights. Staff friendly
And helpful. Location is amazing. Pool and jacuzzi a nice treat. El Castillo is a really nice quiet peaceful alternative to la fortuna. The eco zoo up the road is really worse a visit.
Arenal Vista Lodge
Located in El Castillo de La Fortuna in the region of Alajuela, 8 miles from Fortuna, Arenal Vista Lodge features a sun terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms feature views of the lake or garden. Every room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is concierge services, gift shop, and shops at the property.Monte Verde is 10 miles from Arenal Vista Lodge, and Santa Elena is 9 miles from the property. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 48 miles away.
- Gorgeous view. Dated hotel but friendly staff and excellent breakfast. Great value. Very close to Sky Adventures, Arenal Obervatory hiking, & the free thermal springs.
- Upon arrival a pretty setting and pretty exterior.
- Very difficult to say what I like as I didn’t likes it at all. The stuff tried their best but that the only “good” part
- Great staff, nice attention. Very nice breakfast included. Great view and connection with nature. Wildlife sounds.
- Comoda, pero para el nacional se necesita Television
Cabinas Eco Zoo
Showcasing a terrace and views of the mountains, Cabinas Eco Zoo is located in El Castillo de La Fortuna, just 2.8 miles from Arenal Volcano National Park. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is available.There is ticket service at the property.The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 47 miles from Cabinas Eco Zoo.
- The Girls in the recption and restaurant where great.
- The staff was very helpful for advices and pleasant
- Awesome location and loved staying in the villa. Owners of Eco Zoo are so friendly and go out of their way for you to have the best time possible. Great proximity to Sky Adventures and enjoyed the Reptile Zoo night tour.
Nice view at the Arenal volcano (outside of the room)
Staff was friendly
Breakfast was good (but not included)
Parking directly at the front door
Lots of hummingbirds (and other birds) to watch
- Victor JR.was very helpful and gave us suggestions of things to do and helped us tremendously with a faulty GPS and introduced us to a wonderful tour guide to view Volcano Park. And made our accomations to Zipline. Next time we do night tour. Breakfast was Amazing and the Whole family was nice to us.We and a great view of volano from our window. We fault safe staying in a town of 200 people.
Lost Iguana Resort and Spa
One of our top picks in Fortuna.Lost Iguana Resort and Spa features an outdoor pool, a gym and lush gardens with a maze. Each room has views of the Arenal Volcano, just a 25-minute drive away.Rooms at the Lost Iguana feature air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and a furnished balcony. All rooms have a safe, a coffee machine and a private bathroom with free toiletries.A free breakfast buffet is provided each morning, and the on-site restaurant serves international cuisine. A range of bars and restaurants can be found in La Fortuna town, a 20-minute drive away.The Lost Iguana Resort is within a 15-minute drive of thermal springs, zip lines and hanging bridges which allow you to explore the surrounding forest. Juan Santamaría Airport is a 3-hour drive away.
- Amazing view of the volcano from our patio. The staff was wonderful. We also liked that the restaurant was not open to the public so that is was quiet and not crowded. The complimentary breakfast was excellent.
The Room was good with a big Balcony and the View of the Volcano was outstanding.
We liked the quiet Location out in the Bush!
There are a lot of Birds around the Buildings, no Alarm Clock needed, the Birds take care of that!
- Best food! Fresh fruit at breakfast along with traditional Costa Rican dishes. Loved the room- outdoor shower was gorgeous. The grounds were beautiful and we loved the hiking tour. Literally in the middle of the rainforest. We will be back!!!
- The room is located on a huge property, full of vegetation and anywhere you look it is truly beautiful, plus we also had an amazing view on the volcano. The staff is super friendly and helpful, the breakfast is absolutely delicious, we didn’t get a chance to enjoy the swimming pools as we had loads of activities but they are really nice, and there is also a nice “happy hour” time at the bar every day. Moreover, the resort is just next to “Místico”, the place where you can enjoy hanging bridges and discover this amazing nature around. There are also many parking places available around the resort if you come by car. The room was really nice, spacious, with a large bathroom with a large shower.
- The view was excellent. Very quiet. Helpful staff.
Hotel Campo Verde
The eco-friendly Hotel Campo Verde is set at the foot of Costa Rica’s Arenal Volcano. All rooms offer spectacular volcano views. There is a massage service, free Wi-Fi in rooms and free parking.Each air-conditioned suite has a balcony and features carpeted floors and 2 queen-size beds. The living room has cable TV and a safe. Suites have a fridge and coffee maker, and the private bathroom comes equipped with a hairdryer and shower.Three types of free breakfast are offered; continental, tropical fruit or typical Costa Rican. The rustic Steak House Mirador Arenal Restaurant serves steak, seafood, chicken and local dishes, and offers panoramic views. Snacks are available in the lobby.Guests can rent a car or bike from the tour desk, and airport shuttle service can be requested. Currency exchange is available and the hotel offers a laundry service.
- Beautiful bathroom and perfect bed. Close to the national parks. Clean and large room
- Breakfast was delicious. Lodge was nice and clean. View of volcano was amazing. On-site trail was a good hike. Flowers were nice. Eco-friendly practices. Easy to schedule tours at front desk. Lodges were somewhat secluded. Free coffee was great.
- Quiet location but short drive to all the area’s highlights. Excellent buffet breakfast. Also a short nature walk on site. Stunning views of Arenal Volcano from villas. A staff member found a camera we had left behind and notified us immediately, then arranged to have it delivered to our next location. Very kind and friendly staff!
- The 2 mile trail they maintain behind the property was wonderful. The birding on the grounds was very enjoyable. The staff was amazingly helpful.
- Amazing staff. Great breakfast. Stunning views. Good Wi-Fi. Clean. Beautiful rooms. Good trail on site. Location superb and good range of activities in the local area.
Hotel Roca Negra Del Arenal
One of our best sellers in Fortuna! Showcasing an outdoor pool, year-round outdoor pool and terrace, Hotel Roca Negra Del Arenal is located in Fortuna in the region of Alajuela, just 16 miles from Monte Verde. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or garden. The rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find ticket service at the property.You can play pool at this hotel, and the area is popular for hiking. The hotel also provides car rental. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 45 miles away.
- We had a great stay here. The property is beautiful, with tons of tropical flowers and plants and birds roaming around. Loved the spacious showers and the patios. Breakfast was delicious and everyone was incredibly friendly. We also liked that it was close enough to walk into town and there was a sidewalk most of the way.
We had our own little cabina with rocking chairs on the patio and a separate deck with seating and umbrella. The hotel has an unbelievably beautiful garden with a meditative path that meanders through it. There were lots of wild birds as well as peacocks, geese, ducks and chicken.
Everything was spotlessly clean, including their inviting pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Airconditioning worked well but in their climate was not really needed. The huge tiled walkin shower was great.
Breakfast was available but not included.
- Helpful staff, good breakfast , beautiful gardens, with flowering shrubs, abundant bird life, wild birds as well as pet geese, ducks, hens and peacocks! Excellent views of Arenal volcano from our patio when not covered by cloud. Mostly quiet, out of town, but good restaurants and supermarket within walking distance. Comfortable room with spacious bathroom and private patio. It fully met our expectations.
- this is a wonderful place to stay, with spectacular views of the volcano and set in a tropical garden full of exotic flowers/ the pool was great and the location was convenient. lovely staff, very helpful, and very nice room.
- The rooms were simple, very clean with very comfortable beds and pillows. Beautiful, beautiful grounds with lots of different bird sightings. Even though breakfast was extra, it was excellent with many different choices. Would definitely stay here again.
Arenal Paraiso Resort & Spa
Located in Fortuna, 16 miles from Monte Verde, Arenal Paraiso Resort & Spa features free WiFi access and free private parking. The hotel has an outdoor pool and year-round outdoor pool, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a TV. Certain units feature a sitting area where you can relax. Enjoy a cup of coffee from your terrace or balcony. All rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a 24-hour front desk, room service, a tour desk and a shops at the property.Car rental is available at this hotel and the area is popular for hiking. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from Arenal Paraiso Resort Spa.
- We only stayed here for the night. The thermal waters were great. The location was close to where we did a previous excursion so it really helped keep us on schedule for the rest of our trip.
- This is a hotel mainly for big groups who do a tour in Costa Rica. Not many kids/families. Nice thermal baths.
- room was a great location great rocking chairs facing the volcano and beds were comfortable the fridge was good to have plus the safe as well.
- The staff was very friendly and willing to accommodate needs and questions.
- The breakfast buffet was excellent. Otherwise the food was expensive at the restaurant.
Volcano Lodge & Springs
Showcasing an outdoor pool and hot spring bath, Volcano Lodge & Springs is located in Fortuna. The hotel has a terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar.Every room at this hotel is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Every room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Monte Verde is 16 miles from Volcano Lodge & Springs, and Santa Elena is 16 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from the property.
The gardens were lovely and beautifully tended and the views of the volcano and surrounding landscape were stunning – we were lucky enough to stay during a cloudless period.
The restaurant provided a lovely breakfast and there was a good choice of evening menu.
- The place was excellent from the moment we arrived until we tearfully left. Staff, rooms, food, services, hot pools etc, etc, were excellent.
The breakfast buffet was excellent–especially the fruit.
Other than a few people in the restaurant, the rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed and comfortable. The hot-springs pool is wonderful. They even have tables in the pool for your drinks.
- Honestly, everything. It was our second stay, both times it had rained heavily but it hardly dampened our spirits. Very satisfying, beautifully kept grounds, staff is great. Breakfast is always well presented.
- Great hot springs right in the grounds of the hotel! We loved the Comfortable room, very friendly and helpful staff and delicious plentiful breakfast.
- The gardens were lovely and beautifully tended and the views of the volcano and surrounding landscape were stunning – we were lucky enough to stay during a cloudless period.
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel & Spa
One of our best sellers in Fortuna! Featuring free WiFi and a hot spring bath, Baldi Hot Springs Hotel & Spa offers accommodations in Fortuna, just 16 miles from Monte Verde. The hotel has a sauna and indoor pool, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Every room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.There is an ATM and gift shop at the property.The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 47 miles from Baldi Hot Springs Hotel.
- The hot springs were fabulous and my kids loved the slides!
- The bed and pillows were great! Loved the coffee server. Balcony was awesome, very inviting, would be nice if couch faced outward instead of towards the room. No matter the weather the pools were perfect and because there were so many of them and they were all hot springs, they were always comfortable-we spent a rainy day in the pool and loved it! Did not realize there was another level of rooms in the back part of the resort, gorgeous!
- The hotsprings are gorgeous and offer many different temperatures
- Whether springs are genuine volcanic or not, they are impressive and spacious, particularly empty in the morning. Water slides very quick. Rooms very spacious and well equipped. Very well kept grounds.
- The hot springs were amazing. Something for everyone. The meal and wine at the Italian restaurant was very good as was the service. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The included breakfast was good with some variety each of the two days
Top Hotels In El Castillo De La Fortuna Alajuela Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in El Castillo de La Fortuna Alajuela. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!