10 Best Hotels To Stay In El Avellanal Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
El Avellanal Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in El Avellanal Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in El Avellanal Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in El Avellanal Cantabria. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in El Avellanal Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in El Avellanal Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In El Avellanal Cantabria:
Posada 3 Valles
Offering a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Posada 3 Valles is set in Mirones, in the Valle de Miera, within 20 minutes’ drive from Carbaceno Natural Park. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Each room comes with a private bathroom fitted with a bath or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer. Rooms are accessible by elevator.A breakfast including local products and homemade cookies is served every morning both in the cafeteria or in the terrace in summer. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar and a shared lounge.Several hiking and cycling routes start from the property. Staff at the reception can provide more information on what the area has to offer.Santander is 13 mi from Posada 3 Valles, while Santillana del Mar is 21 mi away. Santander Airport is 11 mi from the property.
- Hosts, room, house, views, little bar just 5 min walk away.
- Lovely breakfast both mornings. Really nice dinner also on the first night. A beautiful spot. Was unfortunate that there had been thunderstorms and very heavy rain before we arrived as I would say it is amazing here in the sunshine. We could see vultures from the back veranda gliding around up near the mountain top and the owner told us they are nesting way up there. It was lovely to be so close to nature. Family room was a good size and beds were comfortable.
- Great hospitality! nice terrace with beautiful view. It was great to stay there. Highly recommendable!
- The owners Carlos and especially Katie were very welcoming, informative and relaxed. Beautiful room overlooking one of the valleys along which we later followed the river. Recommend taking one of the walking sticks offered by Katie as this gives you more confidence when confronted with one of the dogs en route (and when wearing flip flops!). Home cooked breakfast to your personal taste. The pretty, tiny village of Miera is close enough to Lierganes to get a taxi and choose from the many eating out experiences. (Approx 7-9 Euros)
- The owners are very friendly and courteous. Breakfast was superb! I recommend the region to people who like outdoors and beautiful landscapes. Cantabria is one of the most beautiful places on earth!
Palacio Torre de Ruesga
This 17th-century palace is in the Cantabrian countryside, 9.3 miles from the sea. Palacio Torre de Ruesga has an outdoor swimming pool and a spa area with a sauna and hot tub.Offers rooms and bungalows,Palacio Torre de Ruesga is located in the village of Valle, in the Alto Asón region. It is surrounded by forests, next to the Asón Collados Nature Reserve.Modern facilities include free internet connection. The palace has elegant décor, including stone walls and antique furniture. There is a comfortable, rustic bar with a fireplace, where guests can enjoy breakfast and other meals.Palacio Torre de Ruesga’s restaurant serves lunch and dinner, using local products.The local area is ideal for outdoor activities. These include hiking and cycling tours and canoeing. The Ruesga Valley is also famous for its caves, with ancient paintings.
- Fantastic private location in a tiny village. Beautifully renovated historic building and immaculate garden bungalows. Nice swimming pool, great restaurant all in all a wonderful retreat.
– Fantastic Italian owners of the hotel – great breakfast service
– Great medieval palace, nicely renovated
– Beautiful setting
- Loved peace,views, atmosphere,pool. Our room was very good. We stayed in one of the garden suite rooms .
- Very beautifully restored palace, quiet, beautiful setting surrounded by mountains, v comfy beds, fabulous jacuzzi in bungalow and superb breakfast
- Huge duplex room, massive bed, excellent food and wine at reasonable prices.
Apartamentos Turísticos Los Picos
Located in Liérganes in the Cantabria region, Apartamentos Turísticos Los Picos has accommodations with free WiFi.All units comprise a seating area, a dining area, and a fully equipped kitchen with various cooking facilities, including a dishwasher, a microwave and a toaster. A fridge and coffee machine are also featured.The condo hotel has a terrace.Skiing and cycling can be enjoyed nearby.Santander is 16 miles from Apartamentos Turísticos Los Picos, while Santillana del Mar is 26 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 13 miles from the property.
- La ubicación y el trato de Tarsi en el check in, genial. El apartamento super nuevo y limpio, perfecto también. Para repetir y recomendar.
- Apartamento muy bonito, confortable y muy limpio. Recomendable 100%
- Muy limpio y bonito. Acogedor con su piedra y sus vigas de madera
La amabilidad y profesionalidad de la propiedad.
La limpieza, estaban muy muy limpios.
El menaje y la equipación del apartamento, tienen de todo lo necesario.
- Ottima ristrutturazione e buona distribuzione spazi. Confortevole e accessoriato di tutto. Prezzo corretto.
Gran Hotel Balneario de Liérganes
The Gran Hotel Balneario de Liérganes, in a tranquil setting in Cantabria, offers great facilities, including an excellent, full spa service.Enjoy a relaxing getaway at the Gran Hotel Balneario de Liérganes. Rooms are spacious and well-equipped, with private bathrooms with free bathrobes.Treat yourself to a wide range of spa treatments, including a soothing massage or a Turkish steam bath. You can also go for a dip in the thermal pool.Go for a peaceful stroll in the beautiful park surrounding the hotel.Enjoy delicious, healthy cuisine at the Gran Hotel Balneario de Liérganes’s restaurant. Here you will find a spacious dining room full of natural light.The historic quarter of Liérganes is also well worth visiting, particularly the Roman bridge.You can also take advantage of the free parking to explore the Cantabrian countryside.
- Good breakfast. Lovely small town with lots of walking trails. Area scenically amazing. Hotel is in good shape for being in operation for over 100 years! A time capsule.
- The room was a good size with an ensuite including a bidet, which is not very common any more. Everything was very clean and tidy. An old and traditional hotel, there are selected historical pieces on display like an ancient telephone switchboard. Breakfast was more than ample.
- La ubicación y la amplitud de la habitación. El precio, ya que conseguimos reservar con una oferta.
- El trato excelente, el baneario y los arededores
- La amabilidad de la gente ,el entorno y la tranquilidad
One of our best sellers in Liérganes! Located in the center of Lierganes in Cantabria, the modern Hotel Miera offers bright and spacious rooms with a private bathroom. The spectacular Cabarceno Wildlife Park is 2.5 mi away.The Bolo Restaurant at Hotel Miera serves a buffet breakfast. The restaurant has a terrace and views over the surrounding natural landscape.Miera operates a 24-hour reception and tour desk. Free parking is available on site.Parayas Airport is 9.3 mi from Hotel Miera, while Santander is approximately 12 mi away. There are regular trains to Santander from the nearby railway station. The Pasiegos Valley is around 12 mi away.
- A wonderful property with the most fantastic (and kind) front desk reception staff. Muchas Gracias, Eduardo y Alicia!
- The owner spoke good English and was very helpful. The hotel was very clean the rooms also of a very high standard. Breakfast was comprehensive catering for all tastes of the continental variety. No full English here!
- Very friendly and helpful staff. Both people we met at the desk were very nice!
- El personal de recepción, muy amable. El Hotel, tranquilo, limpio y cómodo. El precio, razonable (más, teniendo en cuenta que reservé a última hora).
- That my bicycle was safe in a locked room and the staff speak English
Hotel Termas de Liérganes
Hotel Termas de Liérganes is located in Liérganes, 3.1 mi from Cabárceno Nature Reserve. Each heated room has traditional décor, a TV and a private bathroom. Free WiFi is available.The restaurant serves traditional Cantabrian cuisine and there is also a café with a terrace looking onto the gardens.Guests are also welcome to enjoy the facilities at Gran Hotel Balneario de Liérganes, for an additional charge. Located 350 feet from the property, it offers an indoor pool, a thermal circuit, hot spring bath and a range of health and beauty treatments. Guests have free access to the thermal pool from 16:00 to 21:00.Santander and the nearest beaches can be reached in 20 minutes by car. Bilbao is 56 mi away.
- Good clean basic hotel, good food next door, plenty of breakfast.
- Excellent staff. Easy going, relaxed atmosphere. Good breakfast
- Low price, low quality of all – no one speaking english, receptionist unpleasant, in breakfast room dirty …….
- Ubicación en Liérganes. Un pueblo precioso que bien merece una visita.
- La amabilidad del recepcionista llegamos tarde y nos lo tuvo que tramitar desde el otro hotel. El desayuno es genial. Se puede aparcar bien.
Posada La Giraldilla
Posada La Giraldilla is located in Liérganes, in Cantabria’s Miera Valley. Just 20 minutes’ drive from central Santander, it offers rooms with a TV and a private bathroom.The Posada’s restaurant serves traditional Cantabrian food, and you can enjoy your meal in the garden. There is a café with a conservatory, as well as another lounge and terrace. Wi-Fi is free in public areas.Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in Cantabria. Cabárceno Nature Reserve is just 10 minutes’ drive away, and you can drive to the beautiful town of Santillana del Mar in 35 minutes. The Cantabrian coast is 25 minutes’ drive away.
- We had to leave really early so staff put on a take-away breakfast for us. Lifesavers!
A quality finish throughout and exquisite taste in the decoration.
A beautiful little village with some of the best tapas We have tasted in the nearby bar.
- Precioso hotel, con un jardín-terraza super bonito ( y eso que no era época de terraza), habitación amplía, todo muy limpio. Personal encantador. Todo de 10!!. Para repetir. Gracias por todo chic@s
- Todo en general. La ubicación excelente. El personal muy amable. Habitación bastante bien.
- Habitación y baño amplios y decorados con gusto. Terraza grande con mesa y sillas y cama grande y cómoda. Cerca de todo. Además nos invitaron al desayuno, sencillo, pero suficiente. Personal muy amable. Excelente relación calidad-precio.
Hotel Casona El Arral
Hotel Casona El Arral is a 18th-century manor house located in Liérganes, within the Río Miera Valley. It features a unique Baroque chapel and beautiful ornate gardens with mountain views.This charming hotel has different reading areas with books and free Wi-Fi. A daily breakfast consisting of homemade pastries is served. Room service is available.The spacious rooms at Casona El Arral are individually decorated and come with heating, TV and phone. They also have a bathroom with hairdryer and free toiletries.Restaurants and shops can be found nearby, within walking distance and the property also offers Croquet game facilities.Featuring beautiful views of the Cantabrian countryside, this hotel is 12 minutes’ drive from Carbáceno Nature Reserve. The coast in Trasmiera is 25 minutes by car, while Santander is 12 mi away.
We loved staying in the Vega room; it was so pretty and very large. The brother and one of the sisters were there when we stayed there. They couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. We so enjoyed talking with them and hearing the history of their hotel and seeing the chapel that was attached. It was obvious that they thoroughly enjoyed sharing the history of their family and of the town. We wished we had had more time to explore the area. It truly is a beautiful area.
Parking here was not a problem; plenty of parking out front. Breakfast was continental but for a small fee, you could have eggs etc. This hotel is beautifully kept and is right beside the river.
The town has many other stone buildings surrounding the hotel; there are many restaurants within walking distance.
We stayed overnight on our way up to the Santander ferry, The hotel and location was excellent and so easy to find. Our room was comfortable and extremely clean. Our hosts where so friendly and helpful, we where even given a guided tour of the immaculate gardens and history of this unique family owned building, which is steeped in history. We took breakfast at the hotel which we all enjoyed.
The hotel is situated by the river and in easy walking distance 5 minutes to the centre of the beautiful village of Leirganes, where we found many restaurants and tapas bars.
I would definetly recommend a stay at this hotel and we are hoping to stay again in the near future.
- Lovely place to stay after getting of the Brittany Ferries Ship
La amabilidad de Inés, su acogida y atención y disponibilidad a cualquier necesidad que tuviéramos. Gracias!
El edificio es una preciosidad, se respira historia en él. Mantiene una decoración sin estridencias, muy clásico, pero a la vez con gusto.
- Que este al lado del río y que se oiga desde la propia habitacion
- We loved staying in the Vega room; it was so pretty and very large. The brother and one of the sisters were there when we stayed there. They couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. We so enjoyed talking with them and hearing the history of their hotel and seeing the chapel that was attached. It was obvious that they thoroughly enjoyed sharing the history of their family and of the town. We wished we had had more time to explore the area. It truly is a beautiful area.
La Casona de Hermosa
Located in Hermosa, La Casona de Hermosa features a spacious garden. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.Set in an 18th-century building, this accommodations offers rooms with original wooden ceiling beams and modern artwork. The rooms come with a private bathroom with a bath or shower and hairdryer. There is a shared lounge with sofas available.The villages of Solares and Liérganes, with some shops and local cafes, can be reached in 5 minutes by car.Cabárceno Nature Reserve is 5.6 mi from the property and Santander and its ferry terminal is a 15-minute drive away.
- The warmth of the hosts and the wonderful property. It was home from home.
- Loved the decor – great art everywhere. The hosts could not have been more welcoming. Village location, just outside Santander- perfect.
- Wonderful stay! Lovely location and very friendly innkeepers! We will be back!
El alojamiento es una pasada, precioso de principio a fin, lleno de detalles. La cama súper cómoda y la habitación muy limpia.
Rodrigo y Noelia son dos anfitriones espectaculares que hacen que te sientas en casa. Son muy muy atentos y detallistas. Repetiremos muchas veces! ☺️☺️
- Me gusto todo, los dueños son increíbles. El lugar espectacular. No tengo si no palabras bonitas que decir de este lugar con tanto encanto
Hotel Spa Villa Pasiega
Villa Pasiega is set surrounded by gardens in the small town of Hoznayo, Cantabria. It is a luxury hotel with a free spa and wellness center and free Wi-Fi.The spa center includes a hot tub, and a heated indoor swimming pool. There is a gym and a massage service, as well as 33 ft² of gardens and terraces.The rooms at the Villa Pasiega are spacious and soundproofed. All rooms have lots of natural light.A daily buffet breakfast with show cooking is offered. There is also a restaurant and a bar.Villa Pasiega is well located for the A-8 Motorway. Free private parking is offered on site. Santander Airport is only 11 miles away and it is a short drive from the sea.
- Welcoming and relaxing hotel. Beds and our room was perfect. Bar had a good selection including coffee etc and cakes. Staff in the bar and throughout the hotel were helpful and friendly. English is spoken by some staff. Free to move about and use the facilities at any time within the scheduled time 8am until 10pm. Food in the restuarant was good value, open from 8.30 in the evening. We had fresh fish from the bar menu, which had a small extra charge. Breakfast had a really good selection, one of the best in the hotels we stayed in. Spa, sauna and pool were just fabulous and we used it as much as we could. We loved our stay and would recommend. A short drive from Santander.
- Efficient professional staff. Good quality fixtures and fittings. Great room service and restaurant.
- Fabulous aqua pool area. Also had a nice spa, if u like treatments!
- Hotel was ‘adequate’ for one overnight stay – not more
Room was excellent.
Spa facilities very good.
Staff extreme.ly helpful
Top Hotels In El Avellanal Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in El Avellanal Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in El Avellanal Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in El Avellanal Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!