10 Best Hotels To Stay In El Arenal – Top Hotel Reviews
El Arenal is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in El Arenal. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in El Arenal. You’re probably wondering where to stay in El Arenal. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in El Arenal right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in El Arenal with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
Skip to the most popular hotels in El Arenal.
10 Best Hotels In El Arenal:
Hotel Cayman Suites
Located in Rodeo Alto, 9 miles from Monterrico, Hotel Cayman Suites features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. The hotel has a playground and views of the sea, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a flat-screen TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.La Aurora International Airport is 46 miles away.
- The pool was clean and enormous. The beds are very comfortable and we loved the refrigerator in the room.
- The staff was very helpful to accommodate changes that I needed because of travel complications.
- You need to take a lot of bug spray if you want to keep watching the sunset at the beach.
- La habitación muy agradable y cómodo , la ubicación ecxelente
- La atención del personal excelente, la habitación muy linda, la vista preciosa.
Utz Tzaba Beach Hotel
Showcasing an outdoor pool and views of the sea, Utz Tzaba Beach Hotel is located in Monterrico. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and playground, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms feature views of the pool or garden. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 47 miles from the property.
- Food, Drinks , Rooms , Pool, Privacy , Cleanliness
- The rooms are of basic standard (don’t expect an european 4-star facility) but the beach area and the garden with the pool with the bar are really taken care of. The hotel is located inbetween two villages, so it’s out of any activity, but it takes only 10 min. by car to reach the central part of Monterrico, if you wish. We preferred to enjoy pure relax. Wide black beach, big waves, warm ocean, beautiful sunset. And surprisingly good restaurant – try their fish, any style, all are great!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned daily. The water pressure on the shower and the sink tap was great, which is quite rare sometimes. Air conditioning in the room at your discretion which was perfect. Had small issues with the power and the electricity stopped for the entire hotel for 1 minute in 2 nights, but not a big deal. Loved the outside shower next to the swimming pool. The staff offered us to order the food for lunch in advance so we don’t have to wait too much, as many people from outside are coming to use the pool and eat at the restaurant, and can get a bit busy sometimes. The car was parked in front of the reception and a security guard was at the gate all the time, which is perfect.
Overall a great experience!
- Easy to find and get there, it was in good shape, although outside the pool needs maintenance. The property is big enough, it has 15 accommodations, but it accepts visitors for the day 🙁 . At night the surrounding area is very quiet, and you can listen to the ocean, that is a plus. The service of its employees was very, very good. Thanks for their effort…
- La comida es muy buena, sobre todo el ceviche. La piscina es de un buen tamaño y la playa esta cerca. Se puede rentar motos de playa (cuidado con los perros callejeros que intentan morder, es parte de la aventura en moto). Y bueno, el hotel es limpio, pequeño y bonito.
Hotel Atelie del Mar
One of our top picks in Monterrico.This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Atelie del Mar offers accommodations in Monterrico. The hotel has an outdoor pool and year-round outdoor pool, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is provided.There is a gift shop at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 48 miles from Hotel Atelie del Mar.
- The outdoor area and the restaurant dinners were supurb
- The pool was amazing which is mainly why I booked. Mostly had it to myself. The staff were lovely and owners very nice.
great location to the town and beach
- The staff was excellent! Very helpful and friendly. Each and everyone did anything they could to make our stay as lovely as it was.
- Friendly staff, good location, lovely pool and tasty breakfast. We spent two days by the pool and by the sea. We went on a morning trip to the margrove swamp (ask the owner Stig and he will help you to arrange a tour) and also released the turtles one evening by the turtugario.
Hotel Cafe del Sol
This property is a 5-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a terrace and views of the sea, Hotel Cafe del Sol is located in Monterrico. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the pool or garden. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.You will find a shared lounge and shops at the property.La Aurora International Airport is 48 miles away.
lovely room. close to the sea and great swimming pool. friendly and helpful staff.
Loved the hammocks too.
- Fancy pools. There is medium and quite big swim one with bar, which was closed during the week. There are some shades on the beach and couple of hammocks close to the restaurant.
- Our room was very large and clean enough, staff was always kind and available to help and answer our questions. The restaurant on the beach was very good and the portions were very generous. The pool area was good and clean. The hotel is in a quiet street just less than 10mins away from the village center, where most restaurants/shops are. Many tours/transfers are offered at reception.
- Great staff. Great location. Very quiet. New road out front in the near future.
- Staff friendliness, care for the environment and the FOOD! They have a great menu with excellent freshness and presentation. The staff cares about the beach and its surroundings. They help preserve the turtle population, allowing eggs to hatch under their protection and releasing hundreds of them with care and safety, using their own funds. Management is very responsive. The pool is the best in Monterrico area, clean and nice to hang around.
- lovely room. close to the sea and great swimming pool. friendly and helpful staff.
Hotel El Delfin
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and sun terrace, Hotel El Delfin is located in Monterrico. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.There is a shared lounge at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hotel. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 48 miles from Hotel El Delfin.
This hotel arranged beach clean ups, very impressive. They are interested in becoming more ecological for example working with the community to ban plastic straws and single use plastics. They have free water refill in the lobby.
Meals in the restaurant were very good and reasonably priced.
The pool was very clean.
View from the restaurant was spectacular.
The staff was terrific, very helpful and made early free coffee for early risers.
- The restaurant and bar were amazing! It was clean.
- We were supposed to stay there for 1 night but ended up staying for 3 nights 🙂 Staff is awesome and super helpful! It’s right on the beach so we went to swim in the sea like 3 times a day and they also have nice outside showers so you don’t have to bring sand to the room. We also loved their restaurant! Super good food, specially garlic shrimps! Oh and they have ping pong table! 🙂
Beach access from the restaurant, free drinking water, helpful staff, close to other bars and shops. Very laid back vibes. Swimming pool.
Few extra hammocks in the restaurant/beach would be amazing.
- Nice place with beach restaurant having good meals for reasonable prices. They are keeping it clean the whole time. Staff is excellent and they helped us a lot with our health and shuttle company issues. At reception where 2 persons 100% speaking English which is still rare in Guatemala hotels.
- This hotel arranged beach clean ups, very impressive. They are interested in becoming more ecological for example working with the community to ban plastic straws and single use plastics. They have free water refill in the lobby.
Hotel Cayo Coco Monterrico
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi, HOTEL CAYO COCO MONTERRICO offers accommodations in Monterrico. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and hot tub, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. The rooms include a private bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.
No reviews yet.
Showcasing an outdoor pool and views of the sea, Johnny’s Place is located in Monterrico. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and views of the pool, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.You will find a shared lounge at the property.You can play ping-pong at the hotel. La Aurora International Airport is 48 miles from the property.
The restaurant is really good and the staff.
They also take much care of the main swimming pool.
Forget about all the rest.
The property is located right on the beach.
Rooms were clean and comfortable.
I was given tokens for free breakfast on arrival.
Some of the staff in the restaurant were really friendly.
- Setting is what made the restaurant great, lovely location right on the beach. Several small pools around the property ensured that no pool was crowded. Relaxed vibe, great location.
- It was great to have air conditioning in the room. The location near the beach was superb and at night, when all the lights are out and the sky clear, you can contemplate an amazing night sky.
- Great location directly at the beach, pool, hammocks, beach restaurant
- The restaurant is really good and the staff.
Marbella Eco Lodge
Featuring free WiFi and an outdoor pool, Marbella Eco Lodge offers accommodations in Monterrico. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and fitness center, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant or a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Certain accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the sea or pool. The rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.You will find room service at the property.The hotel also provides bike rental. The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 48 miles from Marbella Eco Lodge.
- Location in a front of beach, swimming pool, Staff friendliness
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Marbella Eco Lodge. The hosts were super nice and helpful and the food was absolutely amazing and fairly priced. We definitely will recommend to anyone.
- FOOD, LOCATION, SERVICE!!!! Everything was superb and better than expected! Many thanks to the hosts for such an amazing service. I look forward to going there again in the near future.
- WONDERFUL! Everything exceeded our expectations (location, proximity to ocean, cleanliness) especially the homemade delicious food! Big thanks to the owners for the awesome service, attention to detail and effort! I look forward to going to Marbella Eco Lodge again with more people! MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!!!
- Very comfy beds, excellent homemade food (and fairly priced). The owners were super nice and did everything they could to make our stay pleasant. I would definitely go there again and recommend to everyone going to Monterrico. Only a few meters from Monterrico’s iconic beach, this place is definitely a gem!
Dos Mundos Pacific Resort
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the pool, Dos Mundos Pacific Resort is located in Monterrico. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Every room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 48 miles from Dos Mundos Pacific Resort.
- The rooms in the new building were great – large, bright, clean, comfortable. Great big beds, large bathroom & balcony. Gardens and pool areas were clean & well maintained. Saw only 1 mosquito in 2 days! Pools were good size and water temperature perfect. Nice ambience. Beach was nice and clean. The included Breakfast was limited but good.
- The pools were great. Well kept up and clean. The grounds were nice, also. Breakfast was great, and we enjoyed sitting and watching the surf while we dined. The thatched roofs on the buildings are well maintained and just beautiful!
- Excellent service. Beds were comfortable, room was large & clean. Great porch/balcony area in the room we could sit outside. The grounds were beautifuk, three pools & jacuzzi (which was great) They had a happy hour as well! Great wifi in the room.
- The pools and landscaping were quite appealing as were the design of the open air bar and restaurant. The food at the restaurant was all excellent, from the nachos to the ceviche to the bacon-wrapped prawns. Adrian, the multi-lingual waiter, was a fabulous ambassador for the resort, giving great advice on what to have/do and helping us overcome our limitations with Spanish and a majority of the staff not being used to dealing with English speakers. Despite the language challenges, all the staff was very friendly and welcoming. Easy beach access and a short walk down the beach to the University sponsored sea turtle hatchery where you can set up a mangrove nature tour were also a plus.
- The bedroom was very large with 2 x 6 foot beds and a single bed, a huge balcony and good sized ensuite. The staff were very friendly and helpful although most, including the reception staff, did not speak English.
Hotel Hawaian Paradise
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Located in Hawaii, 5 miles from Monterrico, Hotel Hawaian Paradise features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this hotel is air conditioned and is equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain rooms feature views of the sea or pool. Each room has a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.The nearest airport is La Aurora International Airport, 50 miles from Hotel Hawaian Paradise.
- The outdoor seating and couches right on the beach. The pool bar and service are excellent. Food was very fresh and delicious
- The staff was extremely friendly. It has a wonderful view of the beach. The food was good.
- The front beach scenery was amazing! Loved everything about this place will definitely come back!
- La ubicacion del hotel, el paisaje, la limpieza, el diseño de la piscina, Gracias!!
- Las instalaciones están muy bien. Limpio y el personal muy amable.
Top Hotels In El Arenal Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in El Arenal to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in El Arenal but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in El Arenal. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!