10 Best Hotels To Stay In Ea Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Ea Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Ea Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ea Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ea Basque Country. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Ea Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Ea Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Ea Basque Country:
The traditional 18th Century building of Hotel Zubieta is situated in Lekeitio. All rooms are uniquely named and decorated, and have free Wi-Fi and satellite TV.A breakfast buffet featuring local produce can be served in the cafe or outside on the terrace. In the evenings hot and cold tapas are available.The cozy bar features original wooden beams and the hotel also has grounds where guests can relax.The Zubieta Hotel is just 30 minutes from Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve. It is also one hour from Bilbao and San Sebastián.
- Location, close to town and Restaraunts. Breakfast was good.
Staff amazing. Nela went out of her way to help us get to the hotel – garmin not correct in location.
Grounds delightful – a small piece of quiet away from the town. – yet easy to get to town. lovely breakfast
- Loved Lekeitio and Hotel Zubieta! Unfortunately I didn’t allow enough time to experience all that there is to offer in this town. The breakfast was one of the best we had during our 2 week trip. This is a place you want to stay for 2 nights (or more) for sure!
- The hotel is an old stable. There is a palace on the grounds. It’s a countryside compound within the town. Quite charming.
- Wonderful room, nice complex, excellent breakfast. A real gem of a hotel, loved it!
Hotel Ibaigune is set a traditional Basque-style building, overlooking the Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve. This hotel is located 3.7 mi from Guernica and 2.5 mi from the Biscayan coast.The Hotel has 20 exterior-facing rooms with mountain views. Each room has a private bathroom with a bath and free toiletries.Hotel Ibaigune offers a shared lounge area next to the reception with WiFi zone. It is surrounded by gardens and offers free parking.Canoeing, horse riding, diving and surfing are popular in the surrounding countryside. Trains to Bilbao and Bermeo leave from San Cristobal – Busteria Station, 1,950 feet from the hotel.
The location is great and it is good value for money.
The parking is good and the wifi is stable and fast.
The staff was nice and helpful.
- Our room was quite big with an own bathroom. The breakfast was good and the 5€ price was reasonable. Free parking and location is peaceful enough, eventhough the hotel is located just next to the main road.
- The did not provide any coffee or food, but were helpful in lending us cutlery!
Lovely building and we had a suite which consisted of two adjoining rooms and an ensuite. 4 of us shared the room. It was spacious and adequate for our needs. There was a TV and settee. The property was set back but on a main road. It was quiet in the room and there was plenty of parking.
On arrival we were offered the option of breakfast the following morning at a cost of 5 euro each. We declined as we had already brought food with us.
The hotel provided plenty of towels and sachets of shampoo, shower gel and soap.
The hotel was about an hour from the ferry port to England.
- Comfortable and clean. Staff very nice and helpful
- The location is great and it is good value for money.
Hotel Villa Itsaso
Located in the Basque countryside near Lekeitio, this stylish 19th-century villa offers great sea views from its garden and terrace. It has attractive rooms with free WiFi and cable TV.Guests can book an apartment with a private kitchen. Staff at reception can provide information about what the Basque Country has to offer.You can walk to Lekeitio town center and Karraspio Beach in around 10 minutes from Hotel Villa Itsaso. Bilbao and San Sebastián are 1 hour’s drive away. Free parking is available on site.Staff at reception can provide you with local information and tips to explore the area.
- Fantastic country side house, close to an amazing village. Go there!
Super friendly staff, fantastic view, very comfortable bed, very good coffee, delightfully quiet.
While it appears the property is too far away from the beach or town to easily get there, there are walking paths that get you to either one in about 10 minutes. Super easy.
- Very nice staff, beautiful view of the ocean and village, short walk into town
- Quite place with fantastic view. Good rooms. Very friendly staff.
- The views were amazing! Charming hotel design. We checked in a lot later than usual (close to midnight), but they were expecting us and accommodated us and checked us in our room very quickly.
Set on the Bay of Biscay, this charming hotel is located in Mendexa, 5 minutes’ drive from Lekeitio and 12 mi from Mutriku. It offers a seasonal outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Offering a private terrace with sea views, rooms at Hotel Garazar are bright and spacious and feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Hotel Garazar has a bar and an outdoor terrace. There is also a large garden area with sun loungers.Bilbao and the airport are less than 1 hour’s drive of the hotel. You can also drive along the north coast and visit Zarautz or San Sebastián.
- Excellent location. Beautiful gardens and swimming pool. Very quiet with clean ocean air so sleeping was heavenly. Nicely designed architecture. The owners were super nice and helpful and spoke great English.
- Beautiful views of bay, room comfortable and clean.
- Amazing views from the second floor rooms and the common room, can see the bay of Biscay in the distance! Clean and comfortable rooms. Plenty of roads and paths to explore the countryside by foot.
- Beautifully executed rooms, super-comfy bed, proper power shower in spacious bathroom, lovely seating area for each mini-apartment (room does not do them justice) – with a wonderful view over the Bay of Biscay
- A fabulous hotel in a beautiful location. The owners were very welcoming and helpful
Hotel El Puerto
El Puerto Hotel is located in the center of the pretty Basque port of Mundaka. A restored fisherman’s house, it offers free Wi-Fi and a terrace bar with harbor views.All of the rooms in El Puerto have satellite TV, heating and private bathrooms with hairdryer. Some rooms have views of the estuary.The Hotel El Puerto has a 24-hour front desk, and offers luggage storage. Staff will also be happy to offer advice on local sights.The town of Mundaka is popular with surfers, and is also ideal for fishing and diving. Bilbao is about 22 mi away.
- A beautiful hotel near the port . It was lovely to enjoy some delicious food and drinks in the hotel restaurant, which has amazing views to the ocean.
- Fab location and wonderful staff. The property is impeccable in every way. Breakfast is very memorable.
- Great location and comfortable room. I liked room design and colors. The hotel building was a fisherman house long ago. Also the breakfast was good.
- Small but cozy rooms, very well located, great heating, fantastic bathrooms and showers and very confortable beds. It is all renewed and in front of the decks with all the beautiful ships and in front of the church and main square of the city. For surfers: you get out of the hotel with the board and in 2 minutes you will be walking down the stairs and jump in the water to surf the well-known Mundaka’s wave. The hotel has a nice bar with pintxos and good food (pasta, seafood, etc…) so you can sleep, eat, surf and relax at the same place for a very cheap price! ).
- Came to Mundaka for a surf trip, found hotel el puerto right on the spot, cheap, great food, easy to communicate with staff, loved it, be back soon! X
On the beachfront at Karraspio, this hotel affords beautiful views of the sea and is near the center of Lekeitio.Hotel Metrokua has light, double rooms, all equipped with a double bed and directly accessible from the terrace. The hotel features some very special spots, including the solarium terrace with spectacular views and ideal for relaxation. The lounge has a fireplace and comfortable sofas that also incite relaxation.In the seafaring atmosphere of the bar-cafeteria you will be able to sample the delicious tapas on offer. From here, you also have views of the beach, and at the rear of the house the beautiful gardens must not be forgotten.Accommodations that creates tranquility, intended as much for those wanting to visit the Costa Vasca, as those who stay for professional reasons.
- Absolutely beautiful setting overlooking the beach, the ocean and Isla de San Nicolas. Our second floor ocean side room had a very large tile patio overlooking the ocean. The hotel bar and restaurant was good and very convenient given some rain passing through. The small town Lekeitio was a nice walking distance away across the Lea Ibaia river.
- The hotel has it’s own restaurant and in the weekend they serve delicious quiches. The staff is very friendly. We arrived on a very busy Saturday, but they were still able to help us out with parking. The room is very comfortable and the area is very nice, located at the beach. 20 minute walk to the city centre to all restaurants, but you can also have dinner at the hotel.
- I loved the view from our terrace and falling asleep with the sound of the surf in the distance. There was a restaurant attached which was convenient but one evening we enjoyed walking into the port to get dinner. The walk way around into town was lovely.
- The staff is very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is one minute walk to the beach and best ice cream in town! 5 euros for breakfast for both of us each morning. Safest town in the world!
- Great accomodation with perfect window view! Clean, comfortable rooms and great hospitability. And delicious cheescake!
Castillo de Arteaga
This impressive castle is located in Gautegiz Arteaga, in the Basque Country’s Urdaibai Nature Reserve. It offers a gourmet restaurant with a roof terrace boasting fantastic countryside views.Originally built in the 13th century, Castillo de Arteaga was restored in the 19th century in the Neogothic style. The charming, air-conditioned rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers.The hotel’s restaurant offers quality Basque cuisine. There is also an extensive wine cellar, where you can enjoy tasting sessions.The countryside around the Castillo de Arteaga is great for hiking, and you can drive to the coast in around 10 minutes. Guernica, the inspiration for Picasso’s famous painting, is also 10 minutes away. You can drive to Bilbao in 35 minutes.
- Wonderful castle with an excellent staff. Feel like royalty for one night.
- Beautiful room and exceptional service. The hotel grounds are stunning.
- Beautiful room and impressive property. Dinner at restaurant was excellent – particularly the sirloin for two. Truly a dine and stay destination.
- This is an amazing hotel with an incredible view, wonderful amenities and the hotel staff made us feel like royals!
- A beautifully renovated property, the turrets date from the 15th century and the main tower was built in 1856. We had a turret room which was full of character and a very nice meal in the restaurant.
Eco Hotel Mundaka
Hotel Mundaka is located in central Mundaka, just 350 feet from one of Europe’s famous surfing destinations. This charming, eco-friendly hotel offers an on-site ice cream shop and a café-bar with a garden terrace.This eco-friendly hotel serves a daily breakfast which includes local, organic products. Set in a restored historic building, it uses organic cleaning products and solar energy, as well as recycling all litter.The bright rooms are decorated in warm colors, and include LCD satellite TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Each one has free Wi-Fi.Reception is open 24 hours a day, allowing you flexibility during your stay. The town is located on the Urdaibai Estuary, which is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Bilbao is a 30-minute drive away.
- Nice accommodation and very friendly staff. The breakfast was healthy and plentiful.
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff, real commitment to environmental sustainability
- Rooms were very nice and easily accessed with elevator! Town is small but very easy to walk around and access anything!
The management were very kind and helpful
The location is perfect and although there was the usual internal house noise the rooms at the back were quiet and peaceful
- Location was great to the surf spot in Mundaka, Breakfast was good by European Standards, people who worked there were pleasant and spoke English. Good springboard for surfing. Small rooms, beds were hard, but heck were there to surf. Great place to store your surfboards and wetsuits in the garden. Lots of Charm, lots of Andy Irons posters.
Located in the heart of the charming town of Lekeitio, just 1,300 feet from Isuntza Beach, Hotel Piñupe offers a bar, a restaurant and free WiFi in all rooms.Heated rooms at this property come with a private bathroom with free toiletries, shower and hairdryer. Bed linen and towels are provided.There are bars, restaurants and supermarkets in the surrounding streets.Hotel Piñupe is an hour’s drive from San Sebastián and a 30-minute drive will take you to Guernica. Bilbao is 36 mi away.
- Above a lovely little Basque Bar, Bar Pinupe. We had a lovely balcony. Very clean. If you need something, go to the bar downstairs. Delicious pinxos downstairs at the bar.
- The staff were very friendly. Good food in the restaurant.
The staff tried very hard to communicate even though I couldnt speak the lingo.
I as the top floor far away from the nose of the bar below. Although it wasn’t very loud.
However when I was in the bar earlier it was good food and beer and the local people where friendly and warm.
The Harbour area and along the beach is a lovely sight to see.
I would like to visit again.
Good location, near to harbour.
Food and drink at taberna below hotel is decent quality, and breakfast is more than adequate.
Recommended – Lekeitio was an interesting place to stay
- The hotel is located over a popular local bar which serves breakfast and pintxos all day – what better way to connect with the community and see Lekeitio from the point of view of a resident: charming and homey, right down to the pigeon who makes the rounds under the barstools to eat the pintxo crumbs. The manager, who works from dawn to long past dusk, is welcoming and helpful, given the language barriers. In total, it seems to me that we lucked into a slice of coastal Spanish life, with an easy walk to the more touristy port area and the beauties of this coastal town.
Hotel-Apartamento Rural Atxurra
One of our top picks in Bermeo – and a guest favorite.
Hotel-Apartamento Rural Atxurra has an ideal setting in the Urdaibai Natural Park, near the Basque coastal town of Bermeo. It has a terrace and a garden. The area around the hotel is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property and free public parking is available on site.The Atxurra Hotel has spacious rooms and apartments. They have a balcony, with views of the countryside. All rooms have underfloor heating and a flat-screen TV.There is a bar and restaurant, serving characteristic local food. There is also a children’s play area.Hotel-Apartamento Rural Atxurra is just 3.1 mi from Bermeo. There is good access to Bilbao, via the BI-631 road.
- Beautiful location and room! The staff was so very helpful with information about sights around the property. Our stay was perfect!!
The location is very rural but we were given excellent directions so this was not a problem. The hotel has a definite ‘WOW’ factor, the bedroom was large, all the facilities were excellent and there was an excellent choice for breakfast. We also took advantage of the set price meal in the restaurant for two nights which was excellent value.
The member of staff who checked us in gave us really excellent information for our short stay so we were able to make the most of sampling this beautiful part of Spain.
- Management staff was very accommodating and also conversed in English.
- The food was amazing. And it was a VERY relaxing experience. I highly recommend this wonderful place and hotel.
- Great room quiet. Good information from the excellent staff about things to see it do around the area. A fabulous market on Mondays in Guernika.
Top Hotels In Ea Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Ea Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Ea Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Ea Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!