10 Best Hotels To Stay In Dunan Isle of Skye – Top Hotel Reviews
Dunan Isle of Skye is beautiful and has lots of hotels. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best hotels in Dunan Isle of Skye. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Dunan Isle of Skye. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Dunan Isle of Skye. To see which hotel sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best hotel and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 hotels of which we think are the best hotels in Dunan Isle of Skye right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular hotels in Dunan Isle of Skye with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Hotels In Dunan Isle Of Skye:
Located in Broadford, 17 miles from Mallaig, Broadford Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Each room comes with a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub.There is room service at the property.Portree is 16 miles from Broadford Hotel, and Torridon is 26 miles away.
- The view from our breakfast table windows was simply stunning. The staff at the hotel are really friendly and service is good. The attached pub was a bonus with a pool table and locals to chat to. The food looked good too but we’d already eaten.
- Extremely comfortable, very warm, great location and very friendly and helpful staff. Food was good, in particular the breakfast. Very satisfied.
- The rooms were fantastic, great size and the bathroom was awesome. The restaurant had great food.
- Las vistas, la ubicación y la habitación. The landscapes View, location and the room. landscape
- Wilma was an excellent waitress and a wonderfully pleasant and interesting person with whom we enjoyed talking. Breakfast was really nice. The room was large by Scottish standards, and the bed comfortable. Otherwise it was pretty ordinary. It served our needs,
Dunollie Hotel ‘A Bespoke Hotel’
The Dunollie Hotel has magnificent views out over the sea to Loch Kishorn and the Applecross Hills. There is complimentary Wi-Fi available in the lounge.The bright, airy restaurant has an excellent reputation locally, and looks out across the water where dolphins and whales can occasionally be sighted. There are similarly splendid views from many of the shore-side bedrooms. The hotel has a bar with local malt whiskey and ales.All of the stylish and spacious rooms at Dunollie Hotel feature a TV, tea and coffee-making facilities and a hairdryer. Some of the rooms also include a private bathroom.Surrounded by beautiful countryside, the fantastic Fairy Pools at Glen Brittle are a 44-minute drive from the property. The stunning Faerie Glen is also less than a one-hour drive from the hotel.
- Wonderful view of the bay hotel is right on the waters edge
- Really nice room, really friendly staff, delicious food in the restaurant (where we had dinner and breakfast)
- Friendly welcome from reception staff and good service in restaurant
- The welcomong staff. Lovely room with a view and the breakfast and roon service dinner was lovely and very good value.
- Restaurant good, staff friendly and helpful. Great service
Cuillin Hills Hotel
One of our top picks in Portree.On 15 acres of private grounds, this hotel features spectacular views of Portree Bay to the Cuillin Mountain range. It has an award-winning restaurant and a range of whiskeys available.The rooms at Cuillin Hills Hotel have warm, traditional décor and all feature satellite TV. Every room has fresh fruit, mineral water and free tea and coffee and some also look out over the bay.The View Restaurant has a menu sampling local produce and Malt Embassy has been awarded for its range of whiskeys.Boat trips around the beautiful Isle leave from Portree harbor, half a mile away.
- Extra comfy bed. Very friendly staff. Great location with stunning view.
View from property
Very clean and maintenance up to date.
- The location and view were over the top. The staff was accommodating and informative.
- Everything!! The best hotel we stayed in our roadtrip..The room is big, comfortable and had a stunning view..The breakfast was nice..We tried haggis for the first time and it’s delicious..The staff was very nice and friendly..We tried the restaurant for dinner and was nice..I ate chicken supreme and it had unique taste, you must try it..and soup of the day was very delicious too..The outside view was very stunning..We love this hotel!!
- An absolutely gorgeous view of Portree and the mountain range. Lovely staff and a very comfortable room and bed! Highly recommend.
Kyle Hotel ‘A Bespoke Hotel’
With traditional rooms and a cozy bar, this hotel offers free parking and fine dining. The Kyle Hotel is in the Kyle of Lochalsh, the gateway to the Isle of Skye.The bright and airy bedrooms are decorated with Scottish tartans, and each has a private modern bathroom. Rooms also feature a work desk, TV and tea/coffee facilities.The Old Chapel Restaurant serves a classic British menu, featuring locally caught seafood and game. The bar offers light snacks and beverages, and cooked breakfasts are available daily.On Scotland’s spectacular West Coast, Kyle Hotel is just a 15-minute walk from Kyle of Lochalsh Train Station and Ferry Terminal. The shores of Loch Alsh can be reached in a 10-minute walk.
Breakfast was fine.
The lady on reception was very attractive.
It was accessible, clean and tidy.
- Breakfast was good. Handiness for getting round kyle. Staff were good
- Fine place to stay to rest and lay your head. If you want frills, then you will be disappointed. Room comfy and clean. Staff very polite and approachable. Great breakfast and attentive service from the courteous staff. Very close to all town facilities, yet it was quiet during the night/early morning and woke up to the sound of birds….
- The breakfast was super. The staff courteous. The staff were more helpful than normal.
- Poor bed not comfortable. Hotel tired. Breakfast OK
- Breakfast was fine.
Tingle Creek Hotel
Overlooking the Isle of Skye & Raasay, Tingle Creek Hotel is in a quiet location within the West Highlands of Scotland. Free on-site parking is available, as well as an outside decking area for guests to relax with their drinks and take in view of the bay of Erbusaig.Free Wi-Fi is provided in each room at Tingle Creek, as well as a private bathroom, TV and tea/coffee making facilities.Guests can enjoy traditional home-cooked meals in the Tingle Creek Restaurant, which overlooks the sea. Fresh Scottish ingredients are used, such as highland beef and local cheeses. There is also a lounge bar with a wide selection of drinks and a roaring log fire during the winter months.The Isle of Skye is only 5 minutes away by car and provides a scenic setting for a drive next to the scenic Cuillin Mountains.
- Super friendly and helpful owner! Awesome lounge and bar
Owner very welcoming at reception and seemed as though could not do enough to make our stay comfortable, which was also the case with the staff.
The menu was varied, with local options, and the meals very well presented and tasty.
- Marvellous dinner with excellent choices beautifully cooked. Well trained competent and friendly staff. Beautiful outlook to the Cuillins on Skye. good warm, secure and comfortable room. Plenty of parking and a comfortable and friendly lounge for drinks.
Friendly member of staff who booked us in.
Same member of staff served breakfast.
Same member of staff checked us out of the hotel.
- Staff very friendly breakfast was excellent room was clean and comfortable
Duisdale House Hotel
This property is a 9-minute walk from the beach. Located in Isleornsay, Duisdale House Hotel features free WiFi, a garden and terrace. Mallaig is 10 miles away.The accommodation features a sitting area. Every unit is fitted with a private bathroom with bathrobes. Bed linen are featured.Duisdale House Hotel also includes a hot tub. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. The property also has packed lunches.Portree is 23 miles from Duisdale House Hotel.
- This was my second stay at The Duisdale. The staff were fantastic without exception. The setting as spectacular as ever. The food and wine were fantastic. Many thanks for another wonderful stay. I will be back!
- Food was amazing staff were lovely – would definitely come back here
- The house, room, grounds and facilities really are stunning, however it is the staff that make it superb. Nothing is too much and no detail is missed. We had the four poster sea view room (worth the extra for the stunning sunrise), however I also asked if I could see a petite double and a classic double before I left. Both are absolutely lovely and I would have been very happy with either.
- Beautiful hotel, amazing decor, and the staff were excellent especially the knowledgeable restaurant manager.
The overall stay exceeded my expectations .
The staff were very friendly and attentive plus my room was upgraded free of charge and very warm and comfortable with a beautiful view .
The food was amazing.
Mackinnon House & Lodge
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. Nestled in 4 acres of picturesque gardens, Mackinnon House overlooks the Sgurr na Coinnich mountain range and offers free private parking on site and free WiFi.The en suite rooms at Mackinnon House includes a TV and tea/coffee making facilities.Each morning there is a full Scottish breakfast available.The historic Dunvegan Castle is just over an hour’s drive, and Isle of Skye Golf Club is just under 20 miles away. Talisker Scotch Whisky Distillery is 45 minutes by car and offers tastes of a 40-year-old malt.
- The host, Alan, was over the top friendly. He was always smiling and even remembered our names. He made the place our favourite stay so far.
- I was so nervous based on the reviews. I warned my husband and my kids “the reviews about the old women at check in aren’t good” just to give them a heads up. When we got to the property and checked in with the younger guy with beard and tatoos 😉 checked us in and he did a great job. He had placed a heater in our room which made it cozy and warm, unlike all the other rooms in the house. The location was perfect and the rooms were all decorate nicely and our family had a good stay.
- Quiet place but located near to Skye Bridge giving easy access to Skye and mainland. Ample parking. Nice staff.
What a lovely place to stay! The views from the breakfast room of snow topped mountains were fab, the gardens were huge and we were free to roam! Alan was the perfect host and was happy to share his knowledge of the island and hotel. Our room in the lodge was separate from the house, we were very pleased with how clean and comfortable it was. Obviously the house is very old and parts are needing updated but you can see it’s work in progress and it really doesn’t affect your stay! The breakfasts were amazing and the staff were very friendly. Kyleakin itself is a working town and to be fair we didn’t really explore it properly. However we did eat in the King Hakken pub and it’s a place where the locals gather, it’s friendly,pet friendly
and the food is lovely and plentiful. They even bought a bowl of water out for the dog. Prices were not much different to our own at home either. Would have no hesitation staying here again and hopefully we will as we fell in love with Skye.
- Lovely grounds, great breakfast and friendly staff
Toravaig House Hotel
This property is a 6-minute walk from the beach. Toravaig House is an award-winning Hebridean hotel, offering innovative cuisine and an intimate atmosphere. The hotel is surrounded by the natural beauty of Skye, in the Western Isles of Scotland.The individually designed bedrooms have original character and contemporary furnishings. All rooms have a private bathroom and stylish decor, and each features a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee facilities.In the lounge, guests can relax by the real log fire, while enjoying fine malt whiskeys. The restaurant serves creative modern cuisine, featuring quality local produce, freshly caught seafood and home-grown herbs.The small, romantic Toravaig House Hotel has 2 acres of leafy grounds, with magnificent views of the Sound of Sleat. The owners offer daily sailing trips around the Isle of Skye on their private yacht, exclusive to hotel guests.
- Very nice hotel with lovely fixtures and fittings. Nice staff very peaceful
Lovely welcoming and friendly staff, Highland hospitality and warmth at its best.
Lovely hotel, very high standard.
- Amazing and helpful staff in a stunning romantic location. It felt like home and I didn’t want to leave.
- The lounge area was inviting and cosy with a fire. A great olace to chat to other guests and get travelling ideas. Staff only too pleased to help. They will do your lsundry also.
- Great hotel, rooms, restaurant in a great location
One of our top picks in Portree.Bosville Hotel is located in Portree, 27 miles from Torridon and 20 miles from Kyle of Lochalsh. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain units have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. The rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find room service at the property.The nearest airport is Stornoway Airport, 56 miles from the property.
The room was spacious and clean
Beds were comfortable and large
Great restaurant too
- bed was comfy – room small but to be expected – nice amenities
- Great location and comfortable room, with nice amenities
- Very friendly staff, nice bar and very good restaurant! We stayed two nights and really enjoyed the comfortable rooms, especially the one with a view on the harbor.
- Everything. It was a great experience staying at the Bosville. Bathroom and shower at the cottage were fantastic.
- The room was spacious and clean
Isle of Raasay Distillery
This property is a 10-minute walk from the beach. Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Isle of Raasay Distillery offers accommodations in Raasay. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms have views of the sea or mountains. The rooms include a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Mallaig is 26 miles from Isle of Raasay Distillery, and Portree is 6 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Top Hotels In Dunan Isle Of Skye Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best hotels to stay in Dunan Isle of Skye to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best hotel because there are just so many places to stay in Dunan Isle of Skye but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best hotels in Dunan Isle of Skye. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!